Comments

• Options
    PearlgardnPearlgardn Here, there, everywhere Posts: 14

THIS IS TRUMPS FAULT!!!
    OBAMA AND BIDEN SHOULD BE IMPEACHED

😳 Really? 

"Tomorrow is not promised, make plans anyway." - Lin Manuel Miranda
  • Options
    What everyone else said. I just friggin knew it was coming because they really had no choice but.... shit
  • Options
    All these people - "you made the right decision." Are you freaking kidding? Based on what? Some paranoid lunatics on CNN? This is absolute insanity. We never learn. Swine flu, ebola, bird flu, etc. Such a shame the band gave in to hysteria.
    The band absolutely made the right decision.  There is a middle ground between hysteria and insensitivity/ignorance and that is the land where we are realistic about it, and minimize spreading not for the sake of you and me but for anyone who might potentially be seriously impacted by it be it age or existing health conditions
  • Options
    THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,678
    All these people - "you made the right decision." Are you freaking kidding? Based on what? Some paranoid lunatics on CNN? This is absolute insanity. We never learn. Swine flu, ebola, bird flu, etc. Such a shame the band gave in to hysteria.
    You are clueless. Do some homework and then come back and post something.
  • Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,340
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,757
    hedonist said:
    hedonist said:
    It’s sad with some of the responses on here. The band made the right call. Some of you need to have your heads examined. It’s a concert, they will make it up. People’s safety should be #1. What happened to basic human compassion?
    Gone.  Some’s true colors are a lot...different...than what I thought. 
    anyone in particular? i see a couple wackos and some others who have differing opinions. 

i just personally believe this is very reactionary and unnecessary at this point in time. they made the call, it's fine, hopefully i can make the make up date. no need for such harsh character judgment. 
    Not biting on calling anyone out specifically.

But yeah, while I understand and feel disappointment, I don't get some of the over-the-top reactions and callousness.
    yeah, i suspected as much.

whenever something like this comes up, the Moral High Grounders climb up into their tower, watching, waiting, to pounce on any general idea, but no specific comment, so they can maintain innocence while still talking shit, clutching their superiority pearls so no one can see them. 

maybe not biting. but barking nonetheless. 
    Is this for real? I had to do a double take and make sure I wasn't on the Morrissey message boards. Come on man you're better than that.

350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    You don't need to agree with everything the band says and represents, there will always be disagreements when it comes to politics(especially). For me personally, their beliefs and messages make their music that much better. This band has some of the most passionate fans I have ever seen, and they show gratitude for that in so many different ways. They care about your "average joe," even after all these years. If your'e saying things like "F*** Eddie" or "I'm done with this band", you truly do not belong in the 10c or care what this band has ever been about. Go listen to NickleBack. Hell, Dave Matthew's is touring. Break out the cargo shorts and drop your 10C membership. Good riddance.
  • Options
    MC185899MC185899 Posts: 76
    You don't need to agree with everything the band says and represents, there will always be disagreements when it comes to politics(especially). For me personally, their beliefs and messages make their music that much better. This band has some of the most passionate fans I have ever seen, and they show gratitude for that in so many different ways. They care about your "average joe," even after all these years. If your'e saying things like "F*** Eddie" or "I'm done with this band", you truly do not belong in the 10c or care what this band has ever been about. Go listen to NickleBack. Hell, Dave Matthew's is touring. Break out the cargo shorts and drop your 10C membership. Good riddance.
    I do blame Eddie for the divisive political nonsense.  Has anyone heard anything even remotely political from anyone else in the band?   Me neither. 

I appreciate bands/entertainers that realize we are inundated with politics all day and that music Is a nice escape from that world.  Because everyone knows we don’t hear enough about Donald Trump.  

So maybe I will go check out Dave Matthews.  Thanks for the guidance.  
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    hedonist said:
    hedonist said:
    hedonist said:
    It’s sad with some of the responses on here. The band made the right call. Some of you need to have your heads examined. It’s a concert, they will make it up. People’s safety should be #1. What happened to basic human compassion?
    anyone in particular? i see a couple wackos and some others who have differing opinions. 

i just personally believe this is very reactionary and unnecessary at this point in time. they made the call, it's fine, hopefully i can make the make up date. no need for such harsh character judgment. 

But yeah, while I understand and feel disappointment, I don't get some of the over-the-top reactions and callousness.

whenever something like this comes up, the Moral High Grounders climb up into their tower, watching, waiting, to pounce on any general idea, but no specific comment, so they can maintain innocence while still talking shit, clutching their superiority pearls so no one can see them. 

I tried to answer nicely. Why offer up a dickish response?

Talk about character judgements. Hoo boy!
    you offered up a sweeping judgment about peoples' character and get all in a tizzy when you get a rebuttal, and try to claim nice. 

i just get tired of, whenever something like this happens, it is inevitable that there are going to be a whole host of reactions.there are going to be those that are upset, those that are fine with it, those that lament about the cost, those that talk about how much it takes logistically for them to travel, those that are happy with and respect the band's decision. 

all of those are valid responses. what really irks me....is those that respond like you did, and honestly, often do. everyone else is selfish. everyone else is horrible. everyone else is wrong. maybe you don't give a shit about the show. maybe you are able to make other shows work. maybe your show is a local show so it matters not to you. but maybe, just maybe, think that someone else might have other circumstances, that, yes, on the surface, seem selfish, given the reasons for the postponement, but they are grieving. they've been waiting years for this show. maybe even a couple decades. so let them bitch. let them be disappointed without your judgment. their grieving will eventually pass and it will be relegated to page 32 of the porch. 

just let them be human. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    VDRFANVDRFAN Posts: 6
    As sad and difficult the decision was for the band to make, it was the right one.  As a Washington State resident, I totally get it as well. 

• Options
    Enjoy life in your bomb shelter. Good god. What a way to live.
  • Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    I hate that they had to do this.

Key word, had.

Perception is reality, and right now the perception is that they simply cannot play these shows.
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    MC185899 said:
    I do blame Eddie for the divisive political nonsense.  Has anyone heard anything even remotely political from anyone else in the band?   Me neither. 

I appreciate bands/entertainers that realize we are inundated with politics all day and that music Is a nice escape from that world.  Because everyone knows we don’t hear enough about Donald Trump.  

Hey, any time man. Yes, btw here's the latest: 

https://www.politico.com/newsletters/huddle/2020/02/18/what-pearl-jam-wrote-in-a-letter-to-rep-frank-pallone-488349

Notice how the article mentions "THE BAND." Believe they are mostly on the same page (especially when it comes to fans)and if they're not, they do an incredible job of respecting each others opinions. Which is why they are STILL recording albums together. Yeah, def go with Dave.
  • Options

THIS IS TRUMPS FAULT!!!
    OBAMA AND BIDEN SHOULD BE IMPEACHED

😳 Really? 

i imagine that joke flew over your head. dear leader tweeted that yesterday or today, i shit you not. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    hedonist said:
    hedonist said:
    hedonist said:

you offered up a sweeping judgment about peoples' character and get all in a tizzy when you get a rebuttal, and try to claim nice. 

i just get tired of, whenever something like this happens, it is inevitable that there are going to be a whole host of reactions.there are going to be those that are upset, those that are fine with it, those that lament about the cost, those that talk about how much it takes logistically for them to travel, those that are happy with and respect the band's decision. 

all of those are valid responses. what really irks me....is those that respond like you did, and honestly, often do. everyone else is selfish. everyone else is horrible. everyone else is wrong. maybe you don't give a shit about the show. maybe you are able to make other shows work. maybe your show is a local show so it matters not to you. but maybe, just maybe, think that someone else might have other circumstances, that, yes, on the surface, seem selfish, given the reasons for the postponement, but they are grieving. they've been waiting years for this show. maybe even a couple decades. so let them bitch. let them be disappointed without your judgment. their grieving will eventually pass and it will be relegated to page 32 of the porch. 

just let them be human. 
    I’ll leave it be since you’re so steadfast and focused. Keep holding tight to that!
  • Options
    ForceofNature101ForceofNature101 Posts: 1,190
    edited March 2020
    Enjoy life in your bomb shelter. Good god. What a way to live.
    To pass off any concern as "bomb shelter-esque" is not really mature rhetoric, please we can do better than that.  When you say what a way to live, I would say being moderately cautious to minimize the spread not for our sake but for those who might be at risk both either in age or pre-existing health conditions is the way to go.  Nothing apocalyptic, but just something to be mindful of

I know it is easy to want to jump to logical fallacies and write off any reasonable post as "go back to your bomb shelter" but you are just adding immaturity and lack of nuance to this convo and it is making everything worse
    Post edited by ForceofNature101 on
  • Options
    Go Animal said:
    SS105464 said:
    The biggest virus in this thread is Trump Derangement Syndrome.  The current government task force includes CDC virologist and Director, Robert Redfield, and Anthony Fauci, a top immunologist.  It is beyond pathetic that people here are bringing politics into this and blaming the President for a worldwide pandemic.  I suppose I better not call this the "Wuhan Virus" or I will be labelled a "racist" and Xenophobe!  
    Jesus Christ, read the room you selfish turd blossom.

THE BAND MADE THE RIGHT CALL.

THE CURRENT ADMINISTRATION WAS NOT PREPARED FOR THIS.

Take a seat, have a Snapple, and go find a new band to like. 
    Yes, because how dare he have a different opinion and still like the band? 

We know you're serious because after hours of confusion you learned how to do all caps. Sky is the limit, sport. Next step, addition and subtraction!
  • Options
    Nconte30 said:
    I get it, however, is there a refund for 10 club tickets or will the tix be good for the re scheduled shows. How about people who are traveling, and cant possibly get refunds for hotel or flights? That's money a lot of us cant afford to lose.
    So the band should refund your hotel and flights, too?
  • Options
    Jport said:
    I understand your decision but it's just the flu.
    No it’s not. Go do some research and come back when your more educated. It was the right call.
    That would be "you're," you spelling superstar.
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    hedonist said:
    hedonist said:
    hedonist said:

just let them be human. 
    I’ll leave it be since you’re so steadfast and focused. Keep holding tight to that!
    maybe you're confused since it's not the kitty thread. i don't know. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    ryanphishesryanphishes Posts: 586
    Saltzy23 said:
    I hate that they had to do this.

Key word, had.

Perception is reality, and right now the perception is that they simply cannot play these shows.
    I saw Governor Cuomo today in an interview.  It's impossible to predict three weeks out, but I won't be surprised if he's cancelling large gatherings (based on perceptions today).

Overall, it's a huge bummer.  I'm glad they announced it today, instead of a few days before, when I already traveled there and when some people still have time to change or cancel their travel plans.
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• Options
    MC185899MC185899 Posts: 76
    MC185899 said:

https://www.politico.com/newsletters/huddle/2020/02/18/what-pearl-jam-wrote-in-a-letter-to-rep-frank-pallone-488349

Notice how the article mentions "THE BAND." Believe they are mostly on the same page (especially when it comes to fans)and if they're not, they do an incredible job of respecting each others opinions. Which is why they are STILL recording albums together. Yeah, def go with Dave.
    Funny...I haven’t seen Mike McCready wearing a pussy hat at Bernie rallies, have you?  The rest of the band is held hostage by Eddie because he’s the meal ticket.  Jeff Ament’s side project probably wouldn’t pay as well.  Neither would the “Boom Gaspar Trio”.  So they have no choice but to play along.  

Does Dave Matthews spend a lot of shows talking down to his audience in a similar fashion?  I’m tired of being lectured by a guy who didn’t even complete High School.  I’m ready to just enjoy a good show instead.  I’ll get a ticket for you, too.  
  • Options
    thebuilderthebuilder Rifle, CO Posts: 118
    this is the responsible thing to do. Thank you Pearl Jam, for everything. 
    Feel free 2 feel free
  • Options
    MC185899 said:
    MC185899 said:

Funny...I haven’t seen Mike McCready wearing a pussy hat at Bernie rallies, have you?  The rest of the band is held hostage by Eddie because he’s the meal ticket.  Jeff Ament’s side project probably wouldn’t pay as well.  Neither would the “Boom Gaspar Trio”.  So they have no choice but to play along.  

Does Dave Matthews spend a lot of shows talking down to his audience in a similar fashion?  I’m tired of being lectured by a guy who didn’t even complete High School.  I’m ready to just enjoy a good show instead.  I’ll get a ticket for you, too.  
    If the band truly, truly didn't like what Eddie did, they would have sacked him the day after he wore a shirt with a coat hanger on it - or writing "pro-choice" on his arm back in 1992

I think the assertion that the rest of the band is feeling like they are held hostage by Ed's political beliefs sounds more like fan fiction to me
  • Options
    MC185899 said:
    MC185899 said:

You're probably right, they likely all hate the guy and haven't made enough money in their careers to retire. C'mon man, seriously? Are you just trolling?
  • Options
    Saltzy23 said:
    sd150448 said:
    poison said:
    I can’t believe team ED is going to blame the government as part of the reasoning for canceling the tour. What a joke you’ve become and I mean that from the bottom of my heart. Learn when to leave politics at the door for once in your freaking life dude. 

Really? You're off your head. Blame your idiot of a president for dropping this ball.
    I don't blame the President...when do we start blaming China???  I also blame the toilet paper hoarders for adding to this hysteria!  
    I do not blame the President for the coronavirus.

I do not blame the President for oil prices going down.

I do not even blame the President for the stock market going down 2,000 points today.

I blame the President for being a lying, deceitful, pile of garbage that has done nothing more than tell everyone how great of a job he and his team has done, while REPEATEDLY saying how 'under control' this all was, when that was in no way, shape, or form the reality of the situation.
    And you apparently blame him for not coming to your house and holding your hand through all of this.
  • Options
    O_G_DO_G_D Toronto Posts: 541
    I'm very sad, dissapointed and depressed because of this news but I'll get over it.  I completley understand why they had to do this and deep down I know its the right thing to do.  I'm suprised it was not called off sooner and I was pretty much mentally preparing for this outcome anyhow.
    1. Toronto, Ontario 09-21-1996 (MAPLE LEAF GARDENS)
    2. Barrie, Ontario 08-22-1998 (MOLSON PARK)
    3. Toronto, Ontario 10-05-2000 (AIR CANADA CENTRE)
    4. Toronto, Ontario 06-28-2003 (MOLSON AMPHITHEATRE)
    5. Boston, Massachusetts 09-28-2004 FLEET CENTER (NOW TD GARDEN) VFC TOUR
    6. Boston, Massachusetts 09-28-2004 FLEET CENTER (NOW TD GARDEN) VFC TOUR
    7. Hamilton, Ontario 09-13-2005 (COPPS COLISEUM)
    8. Toronto, Ontario 09-19-2005 (AIR CANADA CENTRE)
    9. St. Johns, Newfoundland 09-24-2005 (MILE ONE)
    10. St. Johns, Newfoundland 09-25-2005 (MILE ONE)
    11. Toronto, Ontario 05-09-2006 (AIR CANADA CENTRE)
    12. Toronto, Ontario 05-09-2006 (AIR CANADA CENTRE)
    13. Sydney, Australia 11-07-2006 (ACER ARENA)
    14. Sydney, Australia 11-08-2006 (ACER ARENA)
    15. Melbourne, Australia 11-13-2006 (ROD LAVER ARENA)
    16. Melbourne, Australia 11-14-2006 (ROD LAVER ARENA)
    17. Adelaide, Australia 11-21-2006 (ADELAIDE ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE)
    18. Adelaide, Australia 11-22-2006 (ADELAIDE ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE)
    19. Perth, Australia 11-25-2006 (SUBIACO OVAL)
    20. New York, New York 06-24-2008 (MADISON SQUARE GARDEN)
    21. New York, New York 06-25-2008 (MADISON SQUARE GARDEN)
    22. Toronto, Ontario 08-21-2009 (MOLSON AMPITHEATRE)
    23. Buffalo, New York 05-10-2010 (HSBC ARENA)
    24. Toronto, Ontario 09-11-2011 (AIR CANADA CENTRE)
    25. Toronto, Ontario 09-12-2011 (AIR CANADA CENTRE)
    26. Hamilton, Ontario 09-15-2011 (COPPS COLISEUM)
    27. London, Ontario 07-16-2013 (BUDWEISER GARDENS)
    28. Buffalo, New York 10-12-2013 (FIRST NIAGARA CENTER) FORMERLY HSBC ARENA
    29. Detroit, Michigan 10-16-2014 (JOE LOUIS ARENA)
    30. Ottawa, Ontario 5-8-2016 (CANADIAN TIRE CENTRE)
    31. Toronto, Ontario 5-10-2016 (AIR CANADA CENTRE)
    32. Toronto, Ontario 5-12-2016 (AIR CANADA CENTRE)

• Options
    pjalive21 said:
    Answer me @PearlJam would you do this is Obama was in office...im done with this band and their propaganda
    Please be respectful of the band or stop posting. 
    Yes, because we wouldn't want to respectfully disagree on an open forum. Free speech until someone disagrees with you, huh?
  • Options
    MC185899 said:
    MC185899 said:

You're probably right, they likely all hate the guy and haven't made enough money in their careers to retire. C'mon man, seriously? Are you just trolling?
    Look at prices for Dave. PJ sells $100 face tickets in 2020! They could sell out at 300 a ticket easily, prob just as quick.
  • Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    Saltzy23 said:
    sd150448 said:
    poison said:
    I can’t believe team ED is going to blame the government as part of the reasoning for canceling the tour. What a joke you’ve become and I mean that from the bottom of my heart. Learn when to leave politics at the door for once in your freaking life dude. 

Really? You're off your head. Blame your idiot of a president for dropping this ball.
    I don't blame the President...when do we start blaming China???  I also blame the toilet paper hoarders for adding to this hysteria!  
    I do not blame the President for the coronavirus.

I do not blame the President for oil prices going down.

I do not even blame the President for the stock market going down 2,000 points today.

I blame the President for being a lying, deceitful, pile of garbage that has done nothing more than tell everyone how great of a job he and his team has done, while REPEATEDLY saying how 'under control' this all was, when that was in no way, shape, or form the reality of the situation.
    And you apparently blame him for not coming to your house and holding your hand through all of this.
    He's a con artist.  I'm sorry that after 4-5 years people still cannot see that.

'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
This discussion has been closed.