Options

Spring Tour Postponed - Letter from the Band

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    It sucks, and hopefully the rescheduled shows will work out with everyone's schedule. 

What I'm a little bitter about is that I learned this from a friend who saw it on Facebook and texted me about it. 

How about an email to people who actually paid for tickets and made hotel arrangements? 🤔
    FYI, my email from the band hit at 10:15pm EST 
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    sd150448sd150448 Posts: 110
    pjalive21 said:
    criticize me all you want but this band never cancelled shows over people dying of cancer or drug overdoses which have killed more than this virus...im starting to think that some of us grew up and away from this band and started to think for ourselves

they announce 2 new festivals today but cancelled the spring tour??? Oh please tell me how that makes sense when festivals have a higher rate of virus transfers and supposedly during those festival times the rates of infection are supposed to be at a higher rate if you believe that farce???

Buehler? Buehler?

Go away!
  • Options
    hankholetsgohankholetsgo Posts: 125
    edited March 2020
    pjalive21 said:
    criticize me all you want but this band never cancelled shows over people dying of cancer or drug overdoses which have killed more than this virus...im starting to think that some of us grew up and away from this band and started to think for ourselves

they announce 2 new festivals today but cancelled the spring tour??? Oh please tell me how that makes sense when festivals have a higher rate of virus transfers and supposedly during those festival times the rates of infection are supposed to be at a higher rate if you believe that farce???

Buehler? Buehler?

because cancer and drug overdoses arent infectious diseases with high mortality rates. 

it amazes me you can be this dense. 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    pjalive21 said:

Buehler? Buehler?

because cancer and drug overdoses arent infectious diseases with high mortality rates. 

totally. this is really odd. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
    I'm just as bummed/pissed as anyone, but it's a really weak move to blame the government for their decisions.  Just man up and own the calls you made.  It just adds more dissent and anger to an already crappy situation.  
    Two paragraphs, right next to each other.

"
    We’ve worked hard with all our management and business associates to find other solutions or options but the levels of risk to our audience and their communities is simply too high for our comfort level. Add to that we also have a unique group of passionate fans who travel far and wide. We’ve always been humbled by this and respect their energies and devotion. However in this case, travel is something to avoid.

It certainly hasn’t helped that there’s been no clear messages from our government regarding people’s safety and our ability to go to work. Having no examples of our national health department’s ability to get ahead of this, we have no reason to believe that it will be under control in the coming weeks ahead. "

I disagree that they're "blaming the government", and I don't see how you can disagree with that portion of the statement even. Read that paragraph and tell me where it's false.

'05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,011
    pjalive21 said:

Buehler? Buehler?

Hi. This is Bueller. With all due respect, you’re posting like a fool. 
  • Options
    SpartanacusSpartanacus Oviedo, FL Posts: 818
    I'm just as bummed/pissed as anyone, but it's a really weak move to blame the government for their decisions.  Just man up and own the calls you made.  It just adds more dissent and anger to an already crappy situation.  
    Agreed...and just because a dozen old sick people died from this and schools and businesses closed...the sky is falling.  Well, it might be...but I don't think it is.  I think this will go down as the biggest example of overblown media-induced hysteria in the history of man.  I hope I'm right...as sad as that would be it is better than the alternative.  Still though...way too early for anyone not 70 and sick to worry about.
    19 Pearl Jam shows and still searching for Deep!
    1998 (2) - East Lansing & Auburn Hills; 2000 (2) - Tampa & Noblesville; 2003 (2) - Lexington & Noblesville; 2006 (1) - Cincinnati; 2007 (1) - Chicago (Lollapalooza); 2008 (Ed in Milwaukee); 2009 (1) - Chicago; 2010 (1) - Noblesville; 2013 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2016 (Temple of the Dog in Los Angeles); 2017 (Ed at Ohana in Dana Point);
    2021 (3) - Dana Point I, II & III; 2022 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2025 - Southern U.S. Tour Please!
  • Options
    Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    pjalive21 said:

I will criticize you for comparing a highly communicable disease to drug ODs and Cancer as if they’re the same thing. When was the last time you saw someone catch cancer from someone else’s sneeze?
    The ignorance being exposed here tonight is absolutely mind blowing. 
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
    pjalive21 said:

Buehler? Buehler?

Why don't you ask your dad the well-known doctor about the risk of catching cancer or drug overdoses at a Pearl Jam concert and see what he says? 

On the topic of festivals, most likely they're contractually obligated to not say anything. Festivals typically reserve that right for their own management.

Or, you're right, it's a liberal Pearl Jam conspiracy to make Trump look bad, at the expense of a postponed tour. That's definitely the more logical conclusion. 
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    Agreed...and just because a dozen old sick people died from this and schools and businesses closed...the sky is falling.  Well, it might be...but I don't think it is.  I think this will go down as the biggest example of overblown media-induced hysteria in the history of man.  I hope I'm right...as sad as that would be it is better than the alternative.  Still though...way too early for anyone not 70 and sick to worry about.
    Overblown? like a 13 line signature? ;)
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    pjalive21 said:

Buehler? Buehler?

What is odd is that NO ONE can put 2 and 2 together and notice that the band adds two festival dates at a time that the CDC and other entities has said that the virus would be at a peak at the end of this year but the band announces festivals on two coast that would have waaaaaaaay more people that the show they cancelled??? But they are worried about the virus??? am I the only one that gets this makes ZERO sense
  • Options
    terrym08terrym08 Posts: 370
    maybe they should make a decision on the European tour soon, might save some fans some money.
  • Options
    KF127506KF127506 Posts: 2
    overkill.   The common flu kills more.   
  • Options
    jhager79jhager79 Kitchener Ontario Posts: 234
    Santa Clara county has just banned large gatherings over 1000 people.  Looks like a lot more cancellations and postponements coming. 

[img][/img]Kitchener2005
    Toronto 2003
    Toronto 2000
    Barrie 1998
    Toronto 1993
    London 2005

Toronto 2006 May 9/10
    Toronto 2009
    Toronto Sept 11/12 2011
    London 2013
    Detroit 2014
    Toronto 2016 May 10/12
    Chicago 2018 N2
    "No matter how cold the winter, there's a springtime ahead"
  • Options
    KF127506 said:
    overkill.   The common flu kills more.   
    Welcome! 1st post says a lot about a person.  

• Options
    pjalive21 said:
    pjalive21 said:

Buehler? Buehler?

What is odd is that NO ONE can put 2 and 2 together and notice that the band adds two festival dates at a time that the CDC and other entities has said that the virus would be at a peak at the end of this year but the band announces festivals on two coast that would have waaaaaaaay more people that the show they cancelled??? But they are worried about the virus??? am I the only one that gets this makes ZERO sense
    you realize those festivals are months away, right? it makes perfect sense that they assume those will be able to go ahead as planned as long as containment is at a decent level. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    benjs said:
    pjalive21 said:

Buehler? Buehler?

Why don't you ask your dad the well-known doctor about the risk of catching cancer or drug overdoses at a Pearl Jam concert and see what he says? 

On the topic of festivals, most likely they're contractually obligated to not say anything. Festivals typically reserve that right for their own management.

Or, you're right, it's a liberal Pearl Jam conspiracy to make Trump look bad, at the expense of a postponed tour. That's definitely the more logical conclusion. 
    I dont care about Trump...I really dont but the fact they announce festival dates then cancell a Spring tour when if you believe the virus hype would have a way more profound affecnt on people at a festival scale...oh but wait Ed runs the Ohana festival in liberal California where im sure they will give out vaccinations lol
  • Options
    aaron.argaaron.arg Posts: 47
    edited March 2020
    Post deleted. Please see the Posting Guidelines.
    Post edited by Sea on
  • Options
    pjalive21 said:
    pjalive21 said:

Buehler? Buehler?

you realize those festivals are months away, right? it makes perfect sense that they assume those will be able to go ahead as planned as long as containment is at a decent level. 
    have you read any of the world reports? the height of the virus (if you believe it) is during those festival times
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148

THIS IS TRUMPS FAULT!!!
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    pjalive21 said:
    benjs said:
    pjalive21 said:

Buehler? Buehler?

I dont care about Trump...I really dont but the fact they announce festival dates then cancell a Spring tour when if you believe the virus hype would have a way more profound affecnt on people at a festival scale...oh but wait Ed runs the Ohana festival in liberal California where im sure they will give out vaccinations lol

wow... just wow

• Options

THIS IS TRUMPS FAULT!!!
    OBAMA AND BIDEN SHOULD BE IMPEACHED
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I was expecting this.  At the rate things are going probably the best call.  Wish I had refundable airfare although I think Air Canada is working with passengers.  A few days in San Francisco isn't the end of the world.
  • Options
    coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,435
    I’m disappointed about the announcement but this thread is SO entertaining right now!
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • Options
    THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,677
    It’s sad with some of the responses on here. The band made the right call. Some of you need to have your heads examined. It’s a concert, they will make it up. People’s safety should be #1. What happened to basic human compassion?
  • Options
    SS209208SS209208 Posts: 9
    As a person with multiple health issues thanks for making that tough decision. I will miss having the energy recharge me, but glad the decision was taking out of my hands. Sorry for those who have made travel plans, but the weight of this health crisis is too heavy for the band to take on.

• Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    I’d love a little more reassurance that our tickets are still valid.  Maybe just one more sentence? Am I the only one who feels like this? 
    Yes you must be. The announcement said your tickets will be honored on the new date. 
    -Jeremy
  • Options
    Red MosquitoRed Mosquito Charlotte, NC Posts: 68
    Still waiting for them to make up the Raleigh show from ‘16.
  • Options
    It’s sad with some of the responses on here. The band made the right call. Some of you need to have your heads examined. It’s a concert, they will make it up. People’s safety should be #1. What happened to basic human compassion?
    i personally think it's an overreaction.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    Nconte30 said:
    I get it, however, is there a refund for 10 club tickets or will the tix be good for the re scheduled shows. How about people who are traveling, and cant possibly get refunds for hotel or flights? That's money a lot of us cant afford to lose.
    I’m almost positive cancellation policies went out the window. Confirm with your airline and hotel about a credit or refund due to the virus. 

Agree 100% on this...I would boycott any company that tried to pull this shit.
    pjalive21 said:

Buehler? Buehler?

Hey Man - STOP with the trolling and comparing HIV, Drug Overdoses and Cancer deaths to concerts being postponed due to a virus that we're all still learning about.  Get a grip you're offensive AF and your posts should be deleted by the mods.
This discussion has been closed.