Options

Spring Tour Postponed - Letter from the Band

Comments

• Options
    RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,011
    edited March 2020
    Post deleted.
    Please be respectful of the band or stop posting. 
    Post edited by Sea on
  • Options
    RT228921RT228921 Posts: 83
    Anyone know what happens to tickets?
  • Options
    PearlgardnPearlgardn Here, there, everywhere Posts: 14
    Honestly, I was starting to wonder when that giant shoe was going to drop and feared the worst when my daughter came to me just now with tears in her eyes. (I actually thought something truly awful had happened) I got us GA tickets to see the boys in LA on her birthday. My heart sank when I read the bands statement, but with the number of cases in Seattle and that folks are being warned not to attend large gatherings, I understand. The government sitting around, picking their noses instead of doing something even today is something I do not understand. Knowing the generous and caring nature the guys all live by, postponement is the right decision for everyone and anyone. As long as the tickets will be honored at the later date, we will be there. Stay strong, stay healthy everyone. See you in LA!
    "Tomorrow is not promised, make plans anyway." - Lin Manuel Miranda
  • Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    It's cool that Trump said this would all be over in a few weeks and that the numbers were going down to 0.  It's cool that he said all the "beautiful tests" (whatever the fuck that means) were readily available for anyone that wanted one.  It's cool that he actually said that doctors have stated that he 'has a gift for this kind of stuff, and maybe should have done it instead of running for President.'

He talks in different ways than a lot of people.  It's just his way of communicating.  Sometimes he uses hyperbole or exaggeration.  

How long can you keep hearing this man just blatantly lie and make shit up before you realize he is just a goddamn con artist....and not even a good one at that! 
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    MW105723MW105723 Posts: 15
    RT228921 said:

Minneapolis 6-30-98, St. Louis 7-2-98, Bonner Springs 7-3-98, East Troy 10-08-00, Chicago 10-09-00, Bonner Springs 6-12-2003, St. Paul 6-16-03, Chicago 6-18-03, East Troy 6-21-03, St. Paul 6-26-06, St. Paul 6-27-06, Milwaukee 6-29-06, Chicago 8-23-09, Wrigley 7-19-13, St. Paul 10-19-14, Wrigley 8-22-16, Wrigley 8-18-18, Wrigley 8-20-18, Oakland 5-12-22, Oakland 5-13-22, St. Paul 8-31-23, St. Paul 9-2-23, Chicago 9-7-23, Ft. Worth 9-15-23
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    myoung321 said:
    Hey @PearlJam why didnt you cancel shows over the AIDS epidemic???
    wow...the epidemic of HIV infections peaked in the mid-1980s.
    i wasnt being serious there was a point to my statement...i wish people would stop supporting what this band does and feeding into the hysteria

• Options
    pjalive21 said:
    Way to be a bunch of cowards...this band has become a joke...why didnt you cancel shows when the common flu was killing people...this band is an embarassment

my dad is an actual doctor and said this is a freaking joke
    Those who have died will be glad to hear that. Guessing they won’t be laughing at this joke though.
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    RT228921 said:
    Postponed.. They will be good for rescheduled show ...as of now.. Stay Tuned..
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    myoung321 said:
    FUCK
    I agree. Stupid virus 
    it's so overblown. i just knew this was going to fuck things up. fuck. i hope my flight cost isn't down the drain. i never get to travel for this band. 
    Yeah gotta work on flights and hotels. It fit into my daughter schedule. Got GA in SD with my friend from LA. With all the talk I was concerned. This is just a major bummer. 
    i've been saying people's reaction to this is overblown since the beginning. not just because it fucks my pearl jam plans. i'm sick of everyone going apeshit over stuff like this. it's stupid. media driven BS. and all because that fucktard in the white house can't wipe his own ass, nevermind get a proper response ready. 

whatever. hopefully i'll be able to make it work, if it ever gets rescheduled. with this band, i have severe doubts. 
    How'about calming down a little? Throwing a temper tantrum isn't going to make things better. We are talking about a few rock concerts. Yes its PJ!, but a little perspective and care for others is a good thing. 

Peace
    always gotta love the projection by people who think they know the tone of text. am i pissed? yes. do i think this is an overreaction? also yes. is this a temper tantrum and i need calming down?

as i was getting my daughters ready for bed, my ten year old daughter, who rarely shows emotion, came up to me with tears in her eyes. i asked her what was wrong. she said she was sad because she knew how much i was looking forward to this trip and this show. it melted my heart. 

forgive me if i don't think i need suggestions of perspective from some random guy on the internet. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    pjalive21 said:
    Answer me @PearlJam would you do this is Obama was in office...im done with this band and their propaganda
    That would be nice!

• Options
    regalturboregalturbo Posts: 298
    I'm just as bummed/pissed as anyone, but it's a really weak move to blame the government for their decisions.  Just man up and own the calls you made.  It just adds more dissent and anger to an already crappy situation.  
  • Options
    HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,314
    benjs said:
    pjalive21 said:
    Answer me @PearlJam would you do this is Obama was in office...im done with this band and their propaganda
    Please tell me this is a joke. 
    Russian bot
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    maybe i glossed over it, but where did they blame the government? i'll have to read it again i guess
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JF116983JF116983 Posts: 173
    Great call, right thing to do guys
  • Options
    MakingWavesMakingWaves Posts: 1,288
    edited March 2020

None of us here, and definitely not this band, need the government to advise us on what to do. Leave fucking politics out of this bullshit. 
    The band and management had to make a call and made the decision they think is correct.  
    As much as it sucks I think it’s the right decision at this time.  But it really fucking sucks. 
    I understand but I am GUTTED! 
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • Options
    smobeesmobee Valparaiso Indiana Posts: 178
    That’s a real bummer. 
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,222
    I may disagree but I respect the decision everyone has regarding their health. Health is a personal matter.

Unfortunately, many of us are out a bunch of money. Time will tell... but hopefully there is a plan for some refunds or a fast reschedule announcement so that we have some idea if we are looking at fall or 2021. It would be nice to plan accordingly and determine what our best course of action will be.
  • Options
    I'm just as bummed/pissed as anyone, but it's a really weak move to blame the government for their decisions.  Just man up and own the calls you made.  It just adds more dissent and anger to an already crappy situation.  
    ok, i re-read it and i'm not sure how i missed it. but honestly, nothing they said was wrong. this admin is a giant group of bumbling fools worrying more about the stock market and biden's stuttering than actually helping. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    WashmyLUVWashmyLUV Posts: 102
    I'm bummed. Damn. I get it but I'm still sad. It took a lot of planning, saving and long hours at work to make the show in Nashville happen. I'm still going. I have been looking forward to visiting Nashville and can't afford to cancel. I'm hoping I will be issued a refund rather than validating my tickets for an upcoming postponed show. There is no way I can make that happen.
  • Options
    sd150448sd150448 Posts: 110
    I'm seeing a political divide. I'm out. Hope we all cone together soon where none of this matters.
  • Options
    aaron.argaaron.arg Posts: 47
    edited March 2020
    HiV isn't transmitted my sneeze...[name calling deleted]
    Post edited by Sea on
  • Options
    Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    JB16057 said:
    poison said:
    I can’t believe team ED is going to blame the government as part of the reasoning for canceling the tour. What a joke you’ve become and I mean that from the bottom of my heart. Learn when to leave politics at the door for once in your freaking life dude. 

Nope. Not gonna let your BS fly. When the idiot keeps getting on TV saying how great of a job he’s doing with everything, meanwhile muting the ACTUAL science...and people are coughing themselves to death all over the planet....they absolutely picked the right time to call out what this administration is failing at. 
    You're right! The President should have postponed these Pearl Jam concerts sooner and then called each and every one of us to let us know!

*Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    JB16057 said:
    Even leaving the President out of it, the Gov't should be advising it's citizens and organizations about the best way to handle themselves in a situation like this. They are currently not doing that. 
    Wash your hands and stay home if you are sick. Have you not heard this message? Would you rather the government shut down all events by making it illegal to congregate over a certain threshold? Sorry, I do not want the government to have that kind of control unless this gets really out of control. The government didn't cause this and they shouldn't have to hold people's hands either. This isn't going to kill everyone but it will kill many if we don't practice basic hygiene and common sense. There's not much the government can do.

*Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    Zod said:
    Extremely bummed of the postponement.  I would of gone regardless of the virus, but would of avoided visiting my grandparents for 14 days after returning.   Not sure if I'll make the new dates (or wait for something closer to home).

I don't think I'm in to deep though.  Hotel is cancellable.   I was driving with a friend to go down to oakland who offered to pay for gas/ferry.   Flight back was paid with alaska air points.  I booked on Feb 22nd for a flight on april 20th.  Seems to be out of their free cancellation window. Hoping they extend it.

I wonder if they are going to start cancelling shows in Vancouver.
    I have Rage and Tool in May.
    Sure they can refund but it’s Rage I wanna go lol
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    criticize me all you want but this band never cancelled shows over people dying of cancer or drug overdoses which have killed more than this virus...im starting to think that some of us grew up and away from this band and started to think for ourselves

they announce 2 new festivals today but cancelled the spring tour??? Oh please tell me how that makes sense when festivals have a higher rate of virus transfers and supposedly during those festival times the rates of infection are supposed to be at a higher rate if you believe that farce???

Buehler? Buehler?

• Options
    pjalive21 said:
    myoung321 said:
    Hey @PearlJam why didnt you cancel shows over the AIDS epidemic???
    wow...the epidemic of HIV infections peaked in the mid-1980s.
    i wasnt being serious there was a point to my statement...i wish people would stop supporting what this band does and feeding into the hysteria

Supporting what this band does? Like raising millions for the Homeless? or Crohns or EB or ...or... or... or...  

Many of us love this band because they do and have taken a stand on many issues...... ( Picturing ED writing Pro Choice on his arms on MTV unplugged)  

Maybe you should support bands that don't care....

• Options
    Bladamus MaximusBladamus Maximus Paris TN Posts: 277

None of us here, and definitely not this band, need the government to advise us on what to do. Leave fucking politics out of this bullshit. 
    The band and management had to make a call and made the decision they think is correct.  
    As much as it sucks I think it’s the right decision at this time.  But it really fucking sucks. 
    I understand but I am GUTTED! 
    Can’t believe it took 5 pages for someone to be #gutted. 
    05-06-95 (EV with Mike Watt, Foo Fighters) Chicago
    07-09-95 Milwaukee
    10-07-96 Ft. Lauderdale
    06-29-98 Chicago
    09-22-98 West Palm Beach
    07-19-13 Wrigley Field
    10-14-14 Memphis
    04-26-16 Lexington
    08-20-16 (Wrigley I)
    08-22-16 (Wrigley II)
    08-18-18 (Wrigley I)
    08-20-18 (Wrigley II)
  • Options
    WashmyLUV said:
    I'm bummed. Damn. I get it but I'm still sad. It took a lot of planning, saving and long hours at work to make the show in Nashville happen. I'm still going. I have been looking forward to visiting Nashville and can't afford to cancel. I'm hoping I will be issued a refund rather than validating my tickets for an upcoming postponed show. There is no way I can make that happen.
    my wife is wondering, if our flights can't be refunded, if we should still make the trip to ottawa. we won't be able to go twice, and if we already paid once.....she's at a conference in toronto right now, she says the place is a creep-fest with everyone wearing surgical masks.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    sd150448sd150448 Posts: 110
    pjalive21 said:
    Yes please just go away
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,373
    edited March 2020
    disappointed but what can you do? I did learn  a lesson about booking non refundable hotels though. 
    ALWAYS book refundable....
This discussion has been closed.