Options

Spring Tour Postponed - Letter from the Band

Comments

• Options
    ForceofNature101ForceofNature101 Posts: 1,190
    edited March 2020
    pjalive21 said:
    Answer me @PearlJam would you do this is Obama was in office...im done with this band and their propaganda
    Please be respectful of the band or stop posting. 
    Yes, because we wouldn't want to respectfully disagree on an open forum. Free speech until someone disagrees with you, huh?
    You aren't respectfully disagreeing.  You are being openly dismissive and employing logical fallacies left and right, and telling people to go back to their bunkers for simply having a realistic and reasonable view on the current situation of the world

• Options
    SS209208 said:
    As a person with multiple health issues thanks for making that tough decision. I will miss having the energy recharge me, but glad the decision was taking out of my hands. Sorry for those who have made travel plans, but the weight of this health crisis is too heavy for the band to take on.

All about you then, huh?
  • Options
    Darth Lizard KingDarth Lizard King Posts: 76
    edited March 2020
    deleted
    Post edited by Sea on
  • Options
    SS209208 said:
    As a person with multiple health issues thanks for making that tough decision. I will miss having the energy recharge me, but glad the decision was taking out of my hands. Sorry for those who have made travel plans, but the weight of this health crisis is too heavy for the band to take on.

All about you then, huh?
    Are you serious right now?  "Oh those people who may be seriously impacted by a virus there is no vaccine for are really making it all about them right now"
  • Options
    pjalive21 said:
    Answer me @PearlJam would you do this is Obama was in office...im done with this band and their propaganda
    I can answer that one: if Mr. Obama was in office, he never would have gutted the epidemic response team, because he started the damn thing, he would not be on FOX News every other day talking out his ass about crap he knows nothing about and he would have responded proactively so there would be enough testing kits so people could receive proper treatment.

If you are done with the band and their propaganda, thats too bad. At least they believe in whats right and fair and they stand behind those beliefs. They have a conscience. And thats a fuck ton more than a lot of other bands can say.
    "Mr Obama..." what a suck-up
  • Options
    pjalive21 said:
    I can answer that one: if Mr. Obama was in office, he never would have gutted the epidemic response team, because he started the damn thing, he would not be on FOX News every other day talking out his ass about crap he knows nothing about and he would have responded proactively so there would be enough testing kits so people could receive proper treatment.

If you are done with the band and their propaganda, thats too bad. At least they believe in whats right and fair and they stand behind those beliefs. They have a conscience. And thats a fuck ton more than a lot of other bands can say.
    Please stop trolling, jesus
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Post deleted
    Post edited by Sea on
  • Options
    Go Animal said:
    pjalive21 said:
    Hey @PearlJam why didnt you cancel shows over the AIDS epidemic???
    On behalf of everyone on here with a sense of decency: f*** off.

You're out of the fandom. You're not welcome here any more. Bye.
    Look at Johnny Gatekeeper laying down the law. Go back to pulling pud and let the people speak.
    Look at you, apparently looking for people to argue with. 
  • Options
    MC185899MC185899 Posts: 76
    MC185899 said:
    MC185899 said:
    You don't need to agree with everything the band says and represents, there will always be disagreements when it comes to politics(especially). For me personally, their beliefs and messages make their music that much better. This band has some of the most passionate fans I have ever seen, and they show gratitude for that in so many different ways. They care about your "average joe," even after all these years. If your'e saying things like "F*** Eddie" or "I'm done with this band", you truly do not belong in the 10c or care what this band has ever been about. Go listen to NickleBack. Hell, Dave Matthew's is touring. Break out the cargo shorts and drop your 10C membership. Good riddance.
    I do blame Eddie for the divisive political nonsense.  Has anyone heard anything even remotely political from anyone else in the band?   Me neither. 

I appreciate bands/entertainers that realize we are inundated with politics all day and that music Is a nice escape from that world.  Because everyone knows we don’t hear enough about Donald Trump.  

So maybe I will go check out Dave Matthews.  Thanks for the guidance.  
    Hey, any time man. Yes, btw here's the latest: 

https://www.politico.com/newsletters/huddle/2020/02/18/what-pearl-jam-wrote-in-a-letter-to-rep-frank-pallone-488349

Notice how the article mentions "THE BAND." Believe they are mostly on the same page (especially when it comes to fans)and if they're not, they do an incredible job of respecting each others opinions. Which is why they are STILL recording albums together. Yeah, def go with Dave.
    Funny...I haven’t seen Mike McCready wearing a pussy hat at Bernie rallies, have you?  The rest of the band is held hostage by Eddie because he’s the meal ticket.  Jeff Ament’s side project probably wouldn’t pay as well.  Neither would the “Boom Gaspar Trio”.  So they have no choice but to play along.  

Does Dave Matthews spend a lot of shows talking down to his audience in a similar fashion?  I’m tired of being lectured by a guy who didn’t even complete High School.  I’m ready to just enjoy a good show instead.  I’ll get a ticket for you, too.  
    If the band truly, truly didn't like what Eddie did, they would have sacked him the day after he wore a shirt with a coat hanger on it - or writing "pro-choice" on his arm back in 1992

I think the assertion that the rest of the band is feeling like they are held hostage by Ed's political beliefs sounds more like fan fiction to me
    “Held hostage” might be too strong of a description.  But I’m fairly certain none of them are very passionate about politics.  And I think if you asked them off-the-record if they’d rather just play without the political banter every night, they would say “yes”.  
  • Options
    Mike D88Mike D88 Tampa Posts: 722
    pjalive21 said:
    Yes, because we wouldn't want to respectfully disagree on an open forum. Free speech until someone disagrees with you, huh?

"But my freedom of speech!" is like the ultimate code for "I've got nothing but need to have the last word anyway"
    i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    2008 Tampa - 2013 Buffalo - 2016 Tampa - 2016 Fenway II
    Audioslave 2005 MSG
  • Options
    MC185899 said:
    MC185899 said:
    You don't need to agree with everything the band says and represents, there will always be disagreements when it comes to politics(especially). For me personally, their beliefs and messages make their music that much better. This band has some of the most passionate fans I have ever seen, and they show gratitude for that in so many different ways. They care about your "average joe," even after all these years. If your'e saying things like "F*** Eddie" or "I'm done with this band", you truly do not belong in the 10c or care what this band has ever been about. Go listen to NickleBack. Hell, Dave Matthew's is touring. Break out the cargo shorts and drop your 10C membership. Good riddance.
    I do blame Eddie for the divisive political nonsense.  Has anyone heard anything even remotely political from anyone else in the band?   Me neither. 

I appreciate bands/entertainers that realize we are inundated with politics all day and that music Is a nice escape from that world.  Because everyone knows we don’t hear enough about Donald Trump.  

https://www.politico.com/newsletters/huddle/2020/02/18/what-pearl-jam-wrote-in-a-letter-to-rep-frank-pallone-488349

Notice how the article mentions "THE BAND." Believe they are mostly on the same page (especially when it comes to fans)and if they're not, they do an incredible job of respecting each others opinions. Which is why they are STILL recording albums together. Yeah, def go with Dave.
    Funny...I haven’t seen Mike McCready wearing a pussy hat at Bernie rallies, have you?  The rest of the band is held hostage by Eddie because he’s the meal ticket.  Jeff Ament’s side project probably wouldn’t pay as well.  Neither would the “Boom Gaspar Trio”.  So they have no choice but to play along.  

Does Dave Matthews spend a lot of shows talking down to his audience in a similar fashion?  I’m tired of being lectured by a guy who didn’t even complete High School.  I’m ready to just enjoy a good show instead.  I’ll get a ticket for you, too.  
    You're probably right, they likely all hate the guy and haven't made enough money in their careers to retire. C'mon man, seriously? Are you just trolling?
    I didn’t say anything about “hating” him.  Try to keep up here.  Nodding along and playing is good for business, so why rock the boat, right?  We can discuss this more at the Dave Matthews show.  
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Ultimately what is done is done.  PJ is not the first or last band who will postpone their events, and in the meantime Italy as a whole is in lockdown
    Post edited by ForceofNature101 on
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Post deleted
    Post edited by Sea on
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Post edited by Sea on
  • Options
    I find it amusing that a lot of the replies slamming the decision are from members with less than 100 posts. Mods, do your job, get rid of these trolls.

That's one of the saddest sentences I've ever read. You're gatekeeping people who don't sit around posting on an online forum all day? Take a good, hard look in the mirror and try to remember what happened to the life you wanted.
    I mean to be fair people such as you seemingly prefer to pick arguments with many people here tonight so is your life that much more enviable than those you are bitching about right now?
  • Options
    pjalive21 said:
    You aren't respectfully disagreeing.  You are being openly dismissive and employing logical fallacies left and right, and telling people to go back to their bunkers for simply having a realistic and reasonable view on the current situation of the world

You don't even know what a fallacy is. What an embarrassment.
    What a troll
  • Options
    SS209208 said:

All about you then, huh?
    Are you serious right now?  "Oh those people who may be seriously impacted by a virus there is no vaccine for are really making it all about them right now"
    Then they should stay home, shouldn't they? Why ruin it for everyone else?
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    edited March 2020
    SS209208 said:

All about you then, huh?
    Please stop. You're embarrassing yourself now. Have you stopped for 2 seconds to think about the band in all of this? People in my area (the band's, too) are dying. In my county we have 20 dead. One was a mid-50's guy with underlying health conditions. The band is in the age demographics, and we know at least Mike has underlying health conditions, and likely a compromised immune system due to Chrohns. So quit making this all about you. This thing is just getting started. People who need testing can't get it. We don't have vaccines, don't have antiviral treatments and the best we can do is slow this thing down. That's done with personal hygiene, and social distancing. Companies here are having workers work from home. Schools and entire school districts are closing. The band is living this right now, even if you're not. Grow up.
    Post edited by jeffbr on
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    SS209208 said:

All about you then, huh?
    Then they should stay home, shouldn't they? Why ruin it for everyone else?
    I mean it is very easy to have such a mindset if one does not fully understand the scientific scope of the situation
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Post deleted
    Post edited by Sea on
  • Options
    pjalive21 said:

The current situation is a mess.  It’s a global issue and nobody seems to have any good answers yet.  However, our government restricted travel to China months ago when they were mocked for doing so.  Instead of trying to make it sound like our government failed, we should look at the truth and see they’ve done about as well as anyone could have expected given the circumstances.  
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    I find it amusing that a lot of the replies slamming the decision are from members with less than 100 posts. Mods, do your job, get rid of these trolls.

That's one of the saddest sentences I've ever read. You're gatekeeping people who don't sit around posting on an online forum all day? Take a good, hard look in the mirror and try to remember what happened to the life you wanted.
    I mean to be fair people such as you seemingly prefer to pick arguments with many people here tonight so is your life that much more enviable than those you are bitching about right now?
    Mix in some punctuation. You write like a serial killer.
    Why so angry tonight, Darth?
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    post deleted
    Post edited by Sea on
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,522
    MC185899 said:
    MC185899 said:

Maybe doesn't wear the hat himself, but this seems close enough, lol.
    Your comments are out there man. I don't know how you can keep being a fan. If I thought the things you think, there is no way I could still be a big enough fan to pay for a 10C membership. But okay, enjoy the fan club!

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    MC185899 said:
    pjalive21 said:

The current situation is a mess.  It’s a global issue and nobody seems to have any good answers yet.  However, our government restricted travel to China months ago when they were mocked for doing so.  Instead of trying to make it sound like our government failed, we should look at the truth and see they’ve done about as well as anyone could have expected given the circumstances.  
    They absolutely did fail. We still don't have adequate tests for those who need them. They could have jumped out in front on this and taken help from the WHO and Germany regarding testing but we didn't. And we continue to see bumbling and lack of planning. We're behind and trying to catch up. The best we can do now is try to slow the spread. 
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822
    pjalive21 said:

Please stop trolling, jesus
    Honestly, it’s probably unreasonable to expect anything else. Lizards really do have very small brains. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options

pjalive21 said:

Let’s face reality: the last album was god-awful and the new album seems to be more of the same.  Eddie’s voice is almost totally shot, too.  I’m just glad I got to see them a bunch when they were fun and powerful and energetic. They are now a relic and a novelty act.  
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    MC185899 said:

pjalive21 said:

Let’s face reality: the last album was god-awful and the new album seems to be more of the same.  Eddie’s voice is almost totally shot, too.  I’m just glad I got to see them a bunch when they were fun and powerful and energetic. They are now a relic and a novelty act.  
    I mean, why be here then, if I may genuinely ask with all due respect?  I can't imagine with that mindset that your money is being well spend paying for 10C if you don't want anything the band has to offer anymore lol
  • Options
    This thread has gone straight to the dumpster unfortunately, I remember when this thread used to be about this tour being postponed
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    MC185899 said:
    MC185899 said:

Maybe doesn't wear the hat himself, but this seems close enough, lol.
    Your comments are out there man. I don't know how you can keep being a fan. If I thought the things you think, there is no way I could still be a big enough fan to pay for a 10C membership. But okay, enjoy the fan club!

Oy vey!  <insert vomiting sounds>

I really wish you hadn’t posted that.  
This discussion has been closed.