Spring NA Tour Officially Postponed

Comments

• JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    "Having no examples of our national health department’s ability to get ahead of this....."

Has any nation been able to get ahead of this?
  • craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,298
    edited March 2020
    I have put a lot thought into this so bear with me. What could a fall rescheduled tour look like?
    Last date in Europe is July 24th, keep in mind all these dates i came up with would have the same day of week for the postponed shows.
    This is just to show how the fall and spring tour legs could be combined, New shows can be sold bringing in new revenue and making all of us somewhat whole. This provides the virus peaks in the US end of March.

BTW no F5in ... ive had time on my hands!

Maybe Canada Shows can be done in May -

Apollo Show May 23rd -

European Shows- June 23-July 24

Start in Canada Aug 12
    Toronto Wednesday Aug 12
    Ottawa Friday Aug 14
    Quebec Sunday Aug 16
    Hamilton Tuesday Aug 18
    (NEW) Baltimore 1 -Friday Aug21
    Baltimore 2 ( Makeup) Saturday - Aug22
    NY-MSG (Makeup)  - Monday Aug 24
    (NEW) NY MSG 2 Tuesday Aug 25
    Nashville - Thursday Aug 27
    St Louis - Saturday Aug 29
    Oklahoma City - Monday Aug 31
    Denver - Thursday Sept 3
    (NEW) Kansas City Saturday Sept 5
    (NEW) Minneapolis Monday Sept 7
    (NEW) Milwaukee Wednesday Sept 9
    (NEW) Chicago - Saturday Sept 11
    (NEW) Chicago -Sunday Sept 12
    (NEW) Detroit  - Tuesday - Sept 14
    (NEW) Pittsburgh  - Thursday Sept 16
    SEA HEAR NOW NJ Shore - Sept 19
    (NEW) Atlanta - Tuesday Sept 21
    (NEW) Dallas  - Thursday Sept 23
    OHANA -  Sunday Sept 27th
    LA 1 Wednesday Sept 30th
    LA 2 Thursday OCT 1st
    OAK 1 - Saturday Oct 3rd
    OAK 2 - Sunday Oct 4th
    (NEW) Portland - Tuesday Oct 6th
    (NEW) Tacoma  - Thursday Oct 8th
    Phoenix  - Saturday Oct 10th
    San Diego  - Monday Oct 12th
    Post edited by craigraether on
  • WMAmoricanWMAmorican Posts: 247
    JB16057 said:
    "Having no examples of our national health department’s ability to get ahead of this....."

When the Trump administration first banned flights from China, they were hysterically called "racist" by all of Eddie's media and political friends on the left...from Politico, Feb. 4:

"The Trump administration’s quarantine and travel ban in response to the Wuhan coronavirus could undercut international efforts to fight the outbreak by antagonizing Chinese leaders, as well as stigmatizing people of Asian descent."

Because that's what's most important, not antagonizing the Communist Chinese who lied, tried to hide it, and ultimately helped it spread around the world. Oh, and hurting people's feelings, because being racist is a way bigger deal than the spread of a deadly disease.

Look, I'm no big fan of the Stable Genius, but to claim that we didn't at least try to "get ahead of this" is asinine and ignorant.
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,733
    Or, push manufacturing new tests so that they could get out there to test people and have a policy for dealing with incoming international flights. 
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    Have they canceled the Gigaton listening experiences? 
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
    Not yet. I could see that happening. But that could be on an area by area basis. Which is reasonable.

• Only time will tell. The death toll in China is around 3,100. Their population is 4 times the U.S. Crudely, if we "handle" it as well as they have we should have less than 1,000 deaths. China took pretty severe measures that simply will not fly here. So we shall see. When you consider a population of 1.4 billion people and 3,100 dead, seems like all this is just insanity.  
    Though, shouldn’t we try our hardest to prevent as many people as possible from dying? 
  • guitar101guitar101 Posts: 397
    Zac Brown Band has cancelled their spring tour.  I wonder if the Lumineers or Billie Eilish will cancel next. 
    2005-9-12 London, ON
    2006-5-09 Toronto
    2007-8-03 (ed w/ ben harper) chicago / 2007-8-05 chicago
    2008-8-12 (ed solo) toronto
    2009-10-08 (ed solo) Albany
    2011-9-11 Toronto / 2011-9-12 Toronto
    2013-7-16 London, ON / 2013-7-19 Chicago / 2013-10-12 Buffalo
    2016-5-11 Toronto, On / 2016-5-13 Toronto, On
  • RockMamaRockMama Deep Creek Lake, MD Posts: 478
    Only time will tell. The death toll in China is around 3,100. Their population is 4 times the U.S. Crudely, if we "handle" it as well as they have we should have less than 1,000 deaths. China took pretty severe measures that simply will not fly here. So we shall see. When you consider a population of 1.4 billion people and 3,100 dead, seems like all this is just insanity.  
    What if one of those people is your mother or grandmother who you infect after returning home from traveling?
    107 total First-Summerfest, Milwaukee '95
    Most recent: 2018 Stadium shows: Seattle 2, Missoula, Fenway 1 and 2; 2022: Oakland 1 and 2
  • epbadgerepbadger Posts: 663
    know1 said:
    Have they canceled the Gigaton listening experiences? 
    No not yet
  • ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 655
    That prospective tour schedule is pretty cool.  Also, ambitious.  Can't play everywhere, but I'm sure the Boston and Philly people will be after you with pitchforks for leaving them off.
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
    also, China ONLY has that many dead because they took very drastic measures, so what do we need to do so that we don’t do worse? 

But also we can’t just look at deaths. We have to look at how busy hospitals were. How many died because they couldn’t get the care they needed from non corona sickness. And then the costs that people will have to incur from hospital stays from surviving. Doing anything to minimize spread is not insanity. Insanity is just wait and seeing what happens. 
  • epbadgerepbadger Posts: 663
    Only time will tell. The death toll in China is around 3,100. Their population is 4 times the U.S. Crudely, if we "handle" it as well as they have we should have less than 1,000 deaths. China took pretty severe measures that simply will not fly here. So we shall see. When you consider a population of 1.4 billion people and 3,100 dead, seems like all this is just insanity.  
    agree...how bout we dont tour during flu season....c'mon another thing for us to panic about....too soon
    We have vaccinations to deal with the flu. We don’t for this yet.

also, notice that larger bands generally don’t tour during flu season. They tour during the spring through fall. Smaller bands don’t really have the choice. 
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,204
    Last week the Baffoon had stated that the virus was mostly contained lol 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 655
    Dow up +1,100 today.  Whole thing overblown according to the cognoscenti/illuminati.  Can we put the tour back on now?
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,298
    ddeschler said:
    Dow up +1,100 today.  Whole thing overblown according to the cognoscenti/illuminati.  Can we put the tour back on now?
    Could you imagine, after everyone scrambling to get refunds on flights and hotels, a day latter... "Just Kidding"!

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,948
    So they
    • Planned a tour 
    • Booked travel for the band and crew 
    • Tied it to a new album release date
    • Promoted the tour 
    • Rehearsed for the tour 
    • Loaded up roadcases and the stage 

Only to cancel it, so they could stick it to the president (well, the government generally) in 2 lines of an 18 sentence press release. 

that right?

That’s what makes it so diabolical.  It’s a conspiracy hiding in plain sight!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,148
    I have put a lot thought into this so bear with me. What could a fall rescheduled tour look like?
    Last date in Europe is July 24th, keep in mind all these dates i came up with would have the same day of week for the postponed shows.
    This is just to show how the fall and spring tour legs could be combined, New shows can be sold bringing in new revenue and making all of us somewhat whole. This provides the virus peaks in the US end of March.

Apollo Show May 23rd -

Start in Canada Aug 12
    Toronto Wednesday Aug 12
    Ottawa Friday Aug 14
    Quebec Sunday Aug 16
    Hamilton Tuesday Aug 18
    Denver - Thursday Sept 3
    LA 1 Wednesday Sept 30th
    LA 2 Thursday OCT 1st
    OAK 1 - Saturday Oct 3rd
    OAK 2 - Sunday Oct 4th
    This is dedication and I would gladly take those northeast shows 
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • RF283499RF283499 Posts: 141
    Sure there may be concerts happening all over .... and especially in Austin...this week. 2 weeks from now it may be a completely different situation.

They did the right thing and gave us all time to cancel travel plans as early as possible. Thank you PJ.
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,590
    I'm really not trying to call anyone names, but the paranoid Trumpers are REALLY playing in another dimension now.  Like, this is like Scientology but worse. 
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,946

Apollo Show May 23rd -

Start in Canada Aug 12
    Toronto Wednesday Aug 12
    Ottawa Friday Aug 14
    Quebec Sunday Aug 16
    Hamilton Tuesday Aug 18
    Denver - Thursday Sept 3
    LA 1 Wednesday Sept 30th
    LA 2 Thursday OCT 1st
    OAK 1 - Saturday Oct 3rd
    OAK 2 - Sunday Oct 4th
    This is dedication and I would gladly take those northeast shows 

Basically the same pattern of Toronto/Balt/Nashville/StL? Hell yes. The only way that would be more perfect is if they were 2 months later - during hockey season!
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    SP96445 said:
    I am self-quarantining myself from this thread
    Good idea.  I’ll do the same before I’m infected 
  • foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    just because other bands are touring doesn't mean its the best idea. if this virus ramps up most tours will come to a halt. do you think this band with their history wants anyone to catch this virus at one of their shows and be responsible for a death. i doubt it. i had a very strong feeling this would happen. i can't see any new dates until more time goes by and we see where we are as far as spreading. the thing is this is just starting in many areas. most likely there will be many areas shut down for 2 weeks to try and get a stop of this virus. or even just to give hospitals a chance to get some people out. even if they came up with a vaccine it would still take a year or more to get enough doses . for all you madonna fans out there she cancelled her tour as well. i went to see nathaniel ratecliffe the other night and i have to say i didn't feel comfortable being there. right now at present the risk is still low but any day it can change. some people show no signs yet test positive. these are the ones who will spread this virus the most.  the recovery period is 6 weeks. its scary because of the unknown. better to be safe than sorry. lets just get everyone through this and some where down the road we will all be at some arena enjoying ourselves again. its disappointing for now but the right thing to do. 
  • I don’t think people from all over the world travel and attend multiple Post Malone and Chris Stapleton shows. For acts like that it’s mostly regional people attending. PJ knowing a lot of people from all over the world will be traveling to all their shows has something to do with their decision to cancel I’m sure 
  • link93link93 Posts: 410
    Washington Governor to announce restricting all sports, Concerts public gatherings to 250 and under. If it is more than that events will be cancelled. Wonder how long until we see restrictions like this all over.
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Posts: 3,980
    JB16057 said:

Yes. South Korea seems to have succeeded in flattening the curve. They have done a LOT of testing (drive-through testing!).

For the "only 1000 cases" crowd: the number of reported cases in the US has doubled in 36 hours. Refresher on exponential growth:   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exponential_growth 

Megan McArdle discusses exponential growth in today's (Tuesday's) Washington post. She used an example of lily pads, but I've more often heard the examples of money or rice: a suitor or a faithful servant requests a dowry or reward of just one dollar or one grain of rice, with the stipulation that that payment doubles every day for a month. By the end of the month, the clever suitor/servant has bankrupted the father/employer.

Expect 10,000 cases in a week, 100,000 cases two weeks from now.

All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.