Spring NA Tour Officially Postponed

Comments

• NDJeff7NDJeff7 Posts: 213
    What I'm thinking they may do is just split the spring tour up, as long as this virus is contained in the next month or so. I could see them hitting the Canada dates/MSG/Apollo/Baltimore at the end of May/early June on the way to Europe. That's my hope at this point at least.
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,704
    matt84 said:
    Coachella has been postponed until October.
    Oh no! What will become of the tiny backpack industry ;)

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,268
    NDJeff7 said:
    What I'm thinking they may do is just split the spring tour up, as long as this virus is contained in the next month or so. I could see them hitting the Canada dates/MSG/Apollo/Baltimore at the end of May/early June on the way to Europe. That's my hope at this point at least.
    I can't see that happening. That means they have ot be booking right now, before they know how big this gets and risk canceling again, while giving people only 2 months to rearrange all their travel plans.
    The earliest I see this happening is the fall.
  • jadakidjadakid Posts: 64
    So they
    • Planned a tour 
    • Booked travel for the band and crew 
    • Tied it to a new album release date
    • Promoted the tour 
    • Rehearsed for the tour 
    • Loaded up roadcases and the stage 

Only to cancel it, so they could stick it to the president (well, the government generally) in 2 lines of an 18 sentence press release. 

that right?

• ZodZod Posts: 10,525
    PeterED said:
    I have put a lot thought into this so bear with me. What could a fall rescheduled tour look like?
    Last date in Europe is July 24th, keep in mind all these dates i came up with would have the same day of week for the postponed shows.
    This is just to show how the fall and spring tour legs could be combined, New shows can be sold bringing in new revenue and making all of us somewhat whole. This provides the virus peaks in the US end of March.

BTW no F5in ... ive had time on my hands!

Maybe Canada Shows can be done in May -

Apollo Show May 23rd -

European Shows- June 23-July 24

Start in Canada Aug 12
    Toronto Wednesday Aug 12
    Ottawa Friday Aug 14
    Quebec Sunday Aug 16
    Hamilton Tuesday Aug 18
    (NEW) Baltimore 1 -Friday Aug21
    Baltimore 2 ( Makeup) Saturday - Aug22
    NY-MSG (Makeup)  - Monday Aug 24
    (NEW) NY MSG 2 Tuesday Aug 25
    Nashville - Thursday Aug 27
    St Louis - Saturday Aug 29
    Oklahoma City - Monday Aug 31
    Denver - Thursday Sept 3
    (NEW) Kansas City Saturday Sept 5
    (NEW) Minneapolis Monday Sept 7
    (NEW) Milwaukee Wednesday Sept 9
    (NEW) Chicago - Saturday Sept 11
    (NEW) Chicago -Sunday Sept 12
    (NEW) Detroit  - Tuesday - Sept 14
    (NEW) Pittsburgh  - Thursday Sept 16
    SEA HEAR NOW NJ Shore - Sept 19
    (NEW) Atlanta - Tuesday Sept 21
    (NEW) Dallas  - Thursday Sept 23
    OHANA -  Sunday Sept 27th
    LA 1 Wednesday Sept 30th
    LA 2 Thursday OCT 1st
    OAK 1 - Saturday Oct 3rd
    OAK 2 - Sunday Oct 4th
    (NEW) Portland - Tuesday Oct 6th
    (NEW) Tacoma  - Thursday Oct 8th
    Phoenix  - Saturday Oct 10th
    San Diego  - Monday Oct 12th
    This is dedication and I would gladly take those northeast shows 
    This looks good & I hope it happens except add Boston in. They will definitely go there. 
    Man, I hope that's not how they get rescheduled. Selfishly, I'd rather see all of the rescheduled shows either in late-spring or early fall.

Cutting into summer holiday plans would suck!
    Its not going to be anything like that. The Fall dates are likely already scheduled and just not out.  PJ has not played that many dates in a short span in years. Doubtful Ed's voice could handle it. 
    Since they didn't pull out the fall dates.. I could also see them pushing the fall tour to next year, and then bumping the spring dates to the fall.
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,465
    Zod said:
    PeterED said:
    I have put a lot thought into this so bear with me. What could a fall rescheduled tour look like?
    Last date in Europe is July 24th, keep in mind all these dates i came up with would have the same day of week for the postponed shows.
    This is just to show how the fall and spring tour legs could be combined, New shows can be sold bringing in new revenue and making all of us somewhat whole. This provides the virus peaks in the US end of March.

Apollo Show May 23rd -

Start in Canada Aug 12
    Toronto Wednesday Aug 12
    Ottawa Friday Aug 14
    Quebec Sunday Aug 16
    Hamilton Tuesday Aug 18
    Denver - Thursday Sept 3
    LA 1 Wednesday Sept 30th
    LA 2 Thursday OCT 1st
    OAK 1 - Saturday Oct 3rd
    OAK 2 - Sunday Oct 4th
    This looks good & I hope it happens except add Boston in. They will definitely go there. 
    Man, I hope that's not how they get rescheduled. Selfishly, I'd rather see all of the rescheduled shows either in late-spring or early fall.

Its not going to be anything like that. The Fall dates are likely already scheduled and just not out.  PJ has not played that many dates in a short span in years. Doubtful Ed's voice could handle it. 
    Since they didn't pull out the fall dates.. I could also see them pushing the fall tour to next year, and then bumping the spring dates to the fall.
    This is what I expect.
  • NoloadNoload Posts: 1,630
    Not sure if anyone posted, but the message on the Ticketmaster event page is a little promising. The ! is theirs not mine!

"On sale date and time are in the works - please check back!"
    I missed it..what was that referring to?
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • chilisuarezchilisuarez Posts: 110
    I do not think it will be early June. It was Eddies daughters birthday at the Amsterdam solo shows last summer, around June 9th, 10th or 11th, I can't remember the exact date. He specifically said PJ wouldn't play Amsterdam at that time next year nor would PJ tour during this time of year because he was not missing the next birthday. My prediction is Leg 1 and 2 will be combined Aug/Sep thro Oct/Nov, finishing in Canada after the election in America is over.
  • IlliniGuy76IlliniGuy76 Posts: 563
    I do not think it will be early June. It was Eddies daughters birthday at the Amsterdam solo shows last summer, around June 9th, 10th or 11th, I can't remember the exact date. He specifically said PJ wouldn't play Amsterdam at that time next year nor would PJ tour during this time of year because he was not missing the next birthday. My prediction is Leg 1 and 2 will be combined Aug/Sep thro Oct/Nov, finishing in Canada after the election in America is over.
    ^ THIS
    late Summer-Fall leg 1/2 in support of Gigaton
    You'll see two consecutive shows at MSG - one of which will be the rescheduled one
    or you can come to terms and realize
    you're the only one who can forgive yourself oh yeah...
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense...

1995:  7/11 (Chicago) 2009: 8/23, 8/24 (Chicago) 2010:  5/9 (Cleveland) 2013 7/19 (Chicago) 2016: 4/9 (Miami), 5/1 (NYC), 8/20 & 8/22 (Chicago)
    2018: 8/18 (Chicago) & 8/20 (Chicago) 2022:  9/11 (NYC), 9/18 (STL) 2023:  9/5 (Chicago), 9/7 (Chicago) 2024:  8/29 (Chicago), 8/31 (Chicago)

• craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,298
    Zod said:
    PeterED said:

Apollo Show May 23rd -

Start in Canada Aug 12
    Toronto Wednesday Aug 12
    Ottawa Friday Aug 14
    Quebec Sunday Aug 16
    Hamilton Tuesday Aug 18
    Denver - Thursday Sept 3
    LA 1 Wednesday Sept 30th
    LA 2 Thursday OCT 1st
    OAK 1 - Saturday Oct 3rd
    OAK 2 - Sunday Oct 4th

Yes that is what really needs to happen, spring dates need a firm time before new shows are sold as they have our money. Could you imagine making all the spring folks hold their money and wait, while new fall dates happen. That is why i created a the mock schedule. There may be some fall dates that are locked in, also have to account for the two festivals, and get all the postponed shows in. Also if new shows are sprinkled in perhaps there is less need to travel and shows become more localized. (yes i know this crowd travel is inevitable) 

If the Fall dates were already announced, even if ticket sales had not started, i could see the spring dates moving to next year. At this point the fall dates were only rumor with no confirmations other then i know a guy who works at said arena and these dates are saved.

I hope the lay out a plan sooner then later, but likely we know when there is no more virus risk, life returning to normal and new dates and confirmed. ... Also venues are going to slammed with all other postponed tours, NBA, NHL.. etc..

• FiveBelowFiveBelow Posts: 1,269
    Zod said:
    PeterED said:

Apollo Show May 23rd -

Start in Canada Aug 12
    Toronto Wednesday Aug 12
    Ottawa Friday Aug 14
    Quebec Sunday Aug 16
    Hamilton Tuesday Aug 18
    Denver - Thursday Sept 3
    LA 1 Wednesday Sept 30th
    LA 2 Thursday OCT 1st
    OAK 1 - Saturday Oct 3rd
    OAK 2 - Sunday Oct 4th

The unknown Fall leg will remain as planned (if it even is), no need to shuffle that around if booking has already been done. Maybe they can sprinkle some make up dates into it, but I would expect the majority of the postponed shows to take place next year or after the Euro leg (if availability is there). The issue is all of the postponed venues lining up again. I feel for those involved with all of this planning, but 100% think it was the right call.

JW269453 said:
    Zod said:
    PeterED said:

Apollo Show May 23rd -

Start in Canada Aug 12
    Toronto Wednesday Aug 12
    Ottawa Friday Aug 14
    Quebec Sunday Aug 16
    Hamilton Tuesday Aug 18
    Denver - Thursday Sept 3
    LA 1 Wednesday Sept 30th
    LA 2 Thursday OCT 1st
    OAK 1 - Saturday Oct 3rd
    OAK 2 - Sunday Oct 4th

The unknown Fall leg will remain as planned (if it even is), no need to shuffle that around if booking has already been done. Maybe they can sprinkle some make up dates into it, but I would expect the majority of the postponed shows to take place next year or after the Euro leg (if availability is there). The issue is all of the postponed venues lining up again. I feel for those involved with all of this planning, but 100% think it was the right call.

Exactly. Booking for a band as big as PJ has got to be a logisitical nightmare for whoever does it. Why would they want to undo all that and push it back?
    The only way this spring tour gets moved to the fall is if they havent booked fall yet, or they are able to squeeze both in. And to be honest, squeezing both in would make it what, like a 20-30 show tour? Still nothing big, they can do it easily. We dont have to worry about Ed's voice.
    If nothing else, hopefully this situation deserves a little more communication from PJ inc with us than we are used to getting.  I don't think its unreasonable for them to communicate how they hope to handle the reschedule asap.
    Noload said:
    If nothing else, hopefully this situation deserves a little more communication from PJ inc with us than we are used to getting.  I don't think its unreasonable for them to communicate how they hope to handle the reschedule asap.
    I'm sure it will be a while before they even know. Right now they are probably just keeping track to see if they have to cancel anything over the summer before they worry about rescheduling.
    But once they know, I agree. No need to keep it a secret and wait for a big formal announcement. 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    Noload said:
    They don't know because they can't know. One month, two months, six months...they have no more information than anyone else when events like this can resume. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    JimmyV said:
    Noload said:
    They don't know because they can't know. One month, two months, six months...they have no more information than anyone else when events like this can resume. 
    I think it's pretty safe to say they know it's not 1 month since that was just cancelled and they probably know it's not 2 months.  Six months there are 2 festival dates announced with likely other surrounding dates so I say they know the postponed shows cant be done in six months.  Look we just covered several things they could know and share.  My point is they should make a huge effort to be transparent as they work through this and not take the usual approach of no communication.  That's all.
  • PJ1973PJ1973 Posts: 414
    jadakid said:
    So they
    • Planned a tour 
    • Booked travel for the band and crew 
    • Tied it to a new album release date
    • Promoted the tour 
    • Rehearsed for the tour 
    • Loaded up roadcases and the stage 

Only to cancel it, so they could stick it to the president (well, the government generally) in 2 lines of an 18 sentence press release. 

that right?

Quite genius....and they'd have gotten away with it too, if not for you meddling kids!
    Noload said:
    JimmyV said:
    Noload said:
    I think it's pretty safe to say they know it's not 1 month since that was just cancelled and they probably know it's not 2 months.  Six months there are 2 festival dates announced with likely other surrounding dates so I say they know the postponed shows cant be done in six months.  Look we just covered several things they could know and share.  My point is they should make a huge effort to be transparent as they work through this and not take the usual approach of no communication.  That's all.
    The fall shows were already scheduled and ready to be announced. I'm with you, I hope they are open with info, but we can't dog them for not telling us what they can't know. No one is adding events to their schedule right now. Imagine the shitstorm if they gave us fall replacement dates for these shows and then had to cancel again?

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,948
    I’ll never understand people’s impatience on here.  It’s a concert that got postponed. Not open heart surgery.  They’ve said they will honor the tickets in the future or refund you if you prefer.  Just be patient and go on with your life.  When the dates are rescheduled they will let us know.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,733
    edited March 2020
    patience is not this fanbase’s specialty 
  • Yeah I’m already over it, was bummed to hear the news but the shows will come and I feel like they might be a little extra special cause they’re making them up.
  • THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,872
    on2legs said:
    I’ll never understand people’s impatience on here.  It’s a concert that got postponed. Not open heart surgery.  They’ve said they will honor the tickets in the future or refund you if you prefer.  Just be patient and go on with your life.  When the dates are rescheduled they will let us know.  
    +1
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    on2legs said:
    Very well said!

btw - I've had open heart surgery.. it hurts... this is just a minor annoyance.
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Yeah I’m already over it, was bummed to hear the news but the shows will come and I feel like they might be a little extra special cause they’re making them up.
    Hopefully special as in no opener now and no "Just Breathe".

Moline, IL 10-17-2014
    Wrigley #1 8-20-2016
    Wrigley #2 8-22-2016
    Wrigley #1 8-18-2018
    Wrigley #2 8-20-2018

• Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,826
    I was thinking today.

Pearl Jam cancelling first was probably the best thing they could do.  Many cities and states have started to ban events today, so the shows would have been postponed anyway.

Pearl Jam now likely already has holds on future dates and can beat all of the other events to the punch in terms of date holds, which will be huge if trying to squeeze shows in around NBA and NHL schedules 
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,532
    JimmyV said:
    Noload said:

Resume? I'm getting flooded with emails of new tour on sale dates all the time. Had 10th row center for Wilco in my cart, just for fun. It's like 2 different worlds out there. Sell sell sell.

Arenas are empty August and most of Sept. Tons of opportunities to make up 15 PJ dates.

If MLB and all other sports leagues and concerts and plays and operas all cancel now thru August, we are facing some mighty significant problems ahead. Let's hope not.

JimmyV said:
    Noload said:

Resume? I'm getting flooded with emails of new tour on sale dates all the time. Had 10th row center for Wilco in my cart, just for fun. It's like 2 different worlds out there. Sell sell sell.

Arenas are empty August and most of Sept. Tons of opportunities to make up 15 PJ dates.

If MLB and all other sports leagues and concerts and plays and operas all cancel now thru August, we are facing some mighty significant problems ahead. Let's hope not.

Every one of the shows you are getting emails about was scheduled before this week. They are going ahead with announcements. They aren't adding new things to the schedule.

• YAKIMATSUYAKIMATSU Santa Fe Posts: 839
    Would love to have them cover Patience, now!
    Soldier Field 7-11-95, Alpine Valley 6-26-98, United Center 6-29-98, Riverport Amphitheater (St. Louis)7-2-98, MGM Grand Arena 10-22-00, Sprint Center (Kansas City)5-3-10, Adams Event Center (Missoula)9-30-12, Wrigley Field 7-19-13, Jobing.com Arena (Phoenix)11-19-13, Moda Center (Portland)11-29-13, Spokane Arena 11-30-13, Pepsi Center (Denver)10-22-14, Gila River Arena (Phoenix)5-9-22, Moody Center (Austin)9-18-23, Moody Center 9-19-23, Rogers Arena (Vancouver)5-4-24, Rogers Arena 5-6-24, MGM Grand 5-16-24, MGM Grand 5-18-24, Wrigley Field 8-29-24, Wrigley Field 8-31-24
  • JM276219JM276219 Posts: 60
    Just got this email from ParkWhiz 

St. Louis is now February 1, 2021???

• YAKIMATSUYAKIMATSU Santa Fe Posts: 839
    NCAA tournament with no fans. Just announced. 
    Soldier Field 7-11-95, Alpine Valley 6-26-98, United Center 6-29-98, Riverport Amphitheater (St. Louis)7-2-98, MGM Grand Arena 10-22-00, Sprint Center (Kansas City)5-3-10, Adams Event Center (Missoula)9-30-12, Wrigley Field 7-19-13, Jobing.com Arena (Phoenix)11-19-13, Moda Center (Portland)11-29-13, Spokane Arena 11-30-13, Pepsi Center (Denver)10-22-14, Gila River Arena (Phoenix)5-9-22, Moody Center (Austin)9-18-23, Moody Center 9-19-23, Rogers Arena (Vancouver)5-4-24, Rogers Arena 5-6-24, MGM Grand 5-16-24, MGM Grand 5-18-24, Wrigley Field 8-29-24, Wrigley Field 8-31-24