JimmyV said:
    vedpunk said:
    JimmyV said:
    vedpunk said:
    JimmyV said:
    DewieCox said:
    jeffbr said:
    DewieCox said:
    Tin foil? They put it in the announcement. Don’t think it’s a stretch at all.
    They put what in the announcement? That PJ is trying to take down Trump and they postponed the tour to crater Trump's reelection prospects? Looney Tunes, man.
    They made the announcement a political statement with a pretty clear agenda. You’re the one bringing deep conspiracy into the conversation , I guess in an effort to discredit those with what amounts to a very slightly different take to most people here. 
    No, he's not. There is a clear accusation of a conspiracy on the last page. 
    And who is making gross accusations now?  
    Your words are clear. Batshit crazy, but clear. You typed them. 
    And right on queue...the name calling begins.  Obviously touched a nerve here.
    I've called you no names. I've called you out for accusing the band of participating in a conspiracy against Trump and told you how crazy that is. Nowhere have you been called a name. You are not a victim. 
    Let's just chalk this up to "lost in translation".  You are taking my original post differently that I intended.  Your level of band defense is admirable and I'm a huge fan (and not even a republican.)
    You obviously didn't expect anyone to push back on your accusation, which is why I did. That is a crazy thing to accuse them of, no matter your political affiliation. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 655
    I did this with Hotwire last night, waited 3 mins and had my "hot deal" room canceled w/n 5 mins.
    Did you have to work the virus angle extra hard to get them to cancel, or just ask politely?  They usually won't refund a "hot deal."  I'm planning to try this later tonight and want to know how to come at them.
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,532
    JimmyV said:
    vedpunk said:
    JimmyV said:
    vedpunk said:
    JimmyV said:
    DewieCox said:
    jeffbr said:
    DewieCox said:
    They put what in the announcement? That PJ is trying to take down Trump and they postponed the tour to crater Trump's reelection prospects? Looney Tunes, man.
    They made the announcement a political statement with a pretty clear agenda. You’re the one bringing deep conspiracy into the conversation , I guess in an effort to discredit those with what amounts to a very slightly different take to most people here. 
    I've called you no names. I've called you out for accusing the band of participating in a conspiracy against Trump and told you how crazy that is. Nowhere have you been called a name. You are not a victim. 

The funny thing is it is political.

Because republicans have decided who gets healthcare is the result of a political process. No other country does this.

If trump and the gop cant take the heat from their healthcare decisions coming to roost right before an election they should clear out of DC before the voters do that for them.
  • vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 897
    JimmyV said:
    vedpunk said:
    JimmyV said:
    vedpunk said:
    JimmyV said:
    vedpunk said:
    JimmyV said:
    DewieCox said:
    jeffbr said:
    DewieCox said:
    Let's just chalk this up to "lost in translation".  You are taking my original post differently that I intended.  Your level of band defense is admirable and I'm a huge fan (and not even a republican.)
    You obviously didn't expect anyone to push back on your accusation, which is why I did. That is a crazy thing to accuse them of, no matter your political affiliation. 
    OK let's try this instead.  Can we agree that we have different opinions on what both the meaning and intent was of my original post?  You obviously are taking it to heart and feel I'm making a grand accusation. On my side, part of me thinks that they are taking advantage of a situation (not the reason for the postponement). 
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    jeffbr said:
    DewieCox said:
    jeffbr said:
    DewieCox said:
    Nonsense. I made the tin foil hat reference in response to:
    "But there's also a part of me that feels they are taking advantage of a situation to support the liberal media's mission to promote fear, bring down the stock market and, in turn, prevent Trump from winning another election."

Hardly a slightly different take.
    I think most here are understanding of the postponement, that’s the main point and I haven’t seen anyone outright lambasting the announcement. These other quibbles are relatively minor. Nobody is trying to shut  anybody up. Nobody is susrprised PJ is being political. Myself, I think by mentioning it that it’s likely the effect it may have was a factor in the decision to postpone at this time.
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Posts: 3,020
    vedpunk said:
    Post Malone is playing a 20k arena in Austin tonight and Chris Stapleton is playing that same arena on Thursday.  That's just this week.
    It's obvious the tours that are ramped up in current production are likely taking it day by day.  Tool played Spokane last night , Portland tomorrow.  yada yada …

Clearly PJ made the call to not even get started.  Santana has postponed as well.
    I think that's a huge piece of it.  Instead of having everyone in their crew and all their equipment out and moving around, then having to send everyone home after 2-3-4-5 shows (and take any unnecessary risk) they just called it early.  If the tour had started a month ago, we may not be in this situation.  

Some acts will continue on, some will call it. I would hope that nobody is just recklessly going out and playing 20K arenas without some education behind their decision. 
    DewieCox said:
    jeffbr said:
    DewieCox said:
    jeffbr said:
    DewieCox said:
    Nonsense. I made the tin foil hat reference in response to:
    "But there's also a part of me that feels they are taking advantage of a situation to support the liberal media's mission to promote fear, bring down the stock market and, in turn, prevent Trump from winning another election."

Hardly a slightly different take.
    I think most here are understanding of the postponement, that’s the main point and I haven’t seen anyone outright lambasting the announcement. These other quibbles are relatively minor. Nobody is trying to shut  anybody up. Nobody is susrprised PJ is being political. Myself, I think by mentioning it that it’s likely the effect it may have was a factor in the decision to postpone at this time.
    Bingo.
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,532
    Saying it shouldn't be political cuts both ways. 

Nate Silver(politics  statistician) points out voting projections are based on the virus not postponing primaries.

If this virus returns in the fall it is very possible our supreme leader " postpones" the election for safety. Maybe he'll cite Ed's letter. 
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,465
    ddeschler said:
    I did this with Hotwire last night, waited 3 mins and had my "hot deal" room canceled w/n 5 mins.
    Did you have to work the virus angle extra hard to get them to cancel, or just ask politely?  They usually won't refund a "hot deal."  I'm planning to try this later tonight and want to know how to come at them.
    I called personally and was very nice, said im coming from NJ where Coronavirus is now. BOOM refund. I mean you want me to come? Didnt get that far.
  • pbultimatepbultimate Posts: 612
    RS65573 said:
    ddeschler said:
    I called personally and was very nice, said im coming from NJ where Coronavirus is now. BOOM refund. I mean you want me to come? Didnt get that far.
    It truly is amazing what being nice will get you in the refund world. More people should try it.
  • nc_jammer1nc_jammer1 Posts: 547
    edited March 2020
    The Coronavirus Benefit will be Epic !   CovAid-20    =)
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,733
    vedpunk said:
    JimmyV said:
    vedpunk said:
    JimmyV said:
    vedpunk said:
    JimmyV said:
    vedpunk said:
    JimmyV said:
    DewieCox said:
    jeffbr said:
    DewieCox said:
    On my side, part of me thinks that they are taking advantage of a situation (not the reason for the postponement). 
    What is the advantage they are gaining?

• tdawetdawe Posts: 2,089
    vedpunk said:
    JimmyV said:
    vedpunk said:
    JimmyV said:
    vedpunk said:
    JimmyV said:
    vedpunk said:
    JimmyV said:
    DewieCox said:
    jeffbr said:
    DewieCox said:
    On my side, part of me thinks that they are taking advantage of a situation (not the reason for the postponement). 

By postponing concerts that they otherwise could have allowed to go on as planned, they will mislead the public into believing that the president isn't doing an amazing job of confronting this situation.
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024

• YAKIMATSUYAKIMATSU Santa Fe Posts: 839
    tdawe said:
    vedpunk said:
    JimmyV said:
    vedpunk said:
    JimmyV said:
    vedpunk said:
    JimmyV said:
    vedpunk said:
    JimmyV said:
    DewieCox said:
    jeffbr said:
    DewieCox said:

By postponing concerts that they otherwise could have allowed to go on as planned, they will mislead the public into believing that the president isn't doing an amazing job of confronting this situation.
    You forgot to sign it "huge fan".
    Soldier Field 7-11-95, Alpine Valley 6-26-98, United Center 6-29-98, Riverport Amphitheater (St. Louis)7-2-98, MGM Grand Arena 10-22-00, Sprint Center (Kansas City)5-3-10, Adams Event Center (Missoula)9-30-12, Wrigley Field 7-19-13, Jobing.com Arena (Phoenix)11-19-13, Moda Center (Portland)11-29-13, Spokane Arena 11-30-13, Pepsi Center (Denver)10-22-14, Gila River Arena (Phoenix)5-9-22, Moody Center (Austin)9-18-23, Moody Center 9-19-23, Rogers Arena (Vancouver)5-4-24, Rogers Arena 5-6-24, MGM Grand 5-16-24, MGM Grand 5-18-24, Wrigley Field 8-29-24, Wrigley Field 8-31-24
    vedpunk said:
    JimmyV said:
    vedpunk said:
    JimmyV said:
    vedpunk said:
    JimmyV said:
    vedpunk said:
    JimmyV said:
    DewieCox said:
    jeffbr said:
    DewieCox said:

An opportunity to throw shade at the president.
    So they
    • Planned a tour 
    • Booked travel for the band and crew 
    • Tied it to a new album release date
    • Promoted the tour 
    • Rehearsed for the tour 
    • Loaded up roadcases and the stage 

Only to cancel it, so they could stick it to the president (well, the government generally) in 2 lines of an 18 sentence press release. 

that right?

Very Soros-ian move TBH.
    Sorry not sure where you’re going with this.  Maybe reread the past few pages or let it go. 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,398
    So they
    • Planned a tour 
    • Promoted the tour 
    • Rehearsed for the tour 

Only to cancel it, so they could stick it to the president (well, the government generally) in 2 lines of an 18 sentence press release. 

that right?

That is 100% correct. Plus all the time and effort into the fake Apollo contest.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    So they
    • Planned a tour 
    • Promoted the tour 
    • Rehearsed for the tour 

that right?

You know you’ve lost when you post garbage like this.

So you’re saying they included the statement but had no intent behind it?
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory Posts: 6,300
    vedpunk said:
    Post Malone is playing a 20k arena in Austin tonight and Chris Stapleton is playing that same arena on Thursday.  That's just this week.
    Pearl Jam does not operate based on anything Post Malone or Chris Stapleton do or say. They are industry leaders for our time and will continue to set examples how, when, why and where they see fit. It does not matter if some of their fan base disagrees. It doesn't matter to them what the hell Post Malone or Chris Stapleton say, think or do.

After this is all said and done, I believe many other acts and organizations will postpone/cancel events. And when it is looked back upon, PJ will be the name people remember for once again taking the stand that they saw fit, whether it was the popular opinion at the time.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • SP96445SP96445 Posts: 215
    I am self-quarantining myself from this thread
    vedpunk said:
    Sorry not sure where you’re going with this.  Maybe reread the past few pages or let it go. 
    Where I'm going with it is that this would be a very elaborate plan just to take "advantage of a situation" just stick it to the president. 

OR

Maybe this is a legitimate crises that they see as a bigger problem, and that figuring out new logistics for the tour is a secondary issue. And maybe the frustration with the former leading to the latter because of poor government planning and leadership warranted a frustrated response from the band. 
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory Posts: 6,300
    SP96445 said:
    You won't last an hour!  =)
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    And this is to say nothing of the other accusation of saying the "liberal media" wants to tank the markets and sow discord just so Trump isn't re-elected. 

And I know this should lead to AMT, but we can't just be coming in here throwing around bonkers theories because we are upset that we don't get to see Pearl Jam in the next couple weeks.
    vedpunk said:
    Where I'm going with it is that this would be a very elaborate plan just to take "advantage of a situation" just stick it to the president. 

OR

Maybe this is a legitimate crises that they see as a bigger problem, and that figuring out new logistics for the tour is a secondary issue. And maybe the frustration with the former leading to the latter because of poor government planning and leadership warranted a frustrated response from the band. 
    Wow, you are really reaching here...trying to spin this anyway you can to support your argument that nobody is having with you.  Nobody said they created an "elaborate plan" to stick it to the President.  
    edited March 2020
    DewieCox said:
    So they
    • Planned a tour 
    • Promoted the tour 
    • Rehearsed for the tour 

that right?

You know you’ve lost when you post garbage like this.

So you’re saying they included the statement but had no intent behind it?

Their intent was to notify fans that they postponed the tour and why. In their frustration (after seeing their community taken down by the virus) they (accurately) called out the government for lack of leadership. Thats it. 90% of the statement was not attacking the government. 

Vedpunk said "they are taking advantage of the situation", meaning they are using the cancellation to stick it to the president and mentioning it in his statement. All I'm saying is, that seems like an overly elaborate way to dog the President and I think its a bonkers theory.
    Post edited by Tim Simmons on
  • terrym08terrym08 Posts: 372
    SP96445 said:
    me too, too much politics.
  • PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    terrym08 said:
    SP96445 said:
    me too, too much politics.
    +1. I’m out. Too much insanity. It’s a fucking virus. Unless there is mandatory quarantine and lock down of travel, it is going to spread.  But let’s keep the political arguments going. That will surely help
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville