Spring NA Tour Officially Postponed

Comments

• JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    There is literally a conspiracy theory for all situations. There can be no fault in Dear Leader. It isn't that there is a growing health crisis in this country, it is that the villainous liberal media/rock band axis is out to destroy our beloved President. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    jeffbr said:
    DewieCox said:
    Tin foil? They put it in the announcement. Don’t think it’s a stretch at all.
    They put what in the announcement? That PJ is trying to take down Trump and they postponed the tour to crater Trump's reelection prospects? Looney Tunes, man.
    They made the announcement a political statement with a pretty clear agenda. You’re the one bringing deep conspiracy into the conversation , I guess in an effort to discredit those with what amounts to a very slightly different take to most people here. 
  • JP218404JP218404 Posts: 1,407
    Eroom21 said:
    Zika, Swine Flu, Ebola, Sars.
    How much worse is Coronavirus? I don't know. I do believe that we have to be smart and careful, but we all know social media helps spread fear and paranoia, and scary events are good for the news cycle because it keeps people's attention.  Personally I feel like it was a little early to cancel the entire tour, especially the Canadian shows.  Pearl Jam even played in Toronto during the summer of Sars, 2003.

The coronavirus outbreak is more severe than the 2009 outbreak of H1N1, or swine flu. That illness infected between 700 million and 1.4 billion people worldwide but only had a mortality rate of 0.02%.
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 2,089
    vedpunk said:
    JP218404 said:
    vedpunk said:
    tdawe said:
    vedpunk said:
    I get why they did it from a health prospective and their long history of taking care of their fans.  But there's also a part of me that feels they are taking advantage of a situation to support the liberal media's mission to promote fear, bring down the stock market and, in turn, prevent Trump from winning another election. Meanwhile, every other major act is hitting my market (Austin) almost every day this month.  Bottom line, the whole thing just blows.
    Good point I haven't heard of any major concerts/events being cancelled in Austin. Seems like that part of you really knows what it's talking about and isn't in any way losing its goddamned mind.
    I'll give you a little bit of credit on that response but SXSW was cancelled primarily because most of the attendees come from outside the US.  Good try though.
    Sxsw did not cancel the event. The city and state did. That why there is an uproar from people that the festival is NOT refunding anyones money. They didn’t do it. Has nothing to do with where people were coming from 
    You are correct that the city did it.....to prevent a situation where over 50% of the attendees were flying in from other parts of the world, that they couldn't control, which would have created an unsafe environment for everyone.
    https://www.fox7austin.com/news/austin-travis-county-prohibiting-events-with-2500-plus-people-until-may-due-to-coronavirus
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
    DewieCox said:
    jeffbr said:
    DewieCox said:
    They put what in the announcement? That PJ is trying to take down Trump and they postponed the tour to crater Trump's reelection prospects? Looney Tunes, man.
    They made the announcement a political statement with a pretty clear agenda. You’re the one bringing deep conspiracy into the conversation , I guess in an effort to discredit those with what amounts to a very slightly different take to most people here. 
    No, he's not. There is a clear accusation of a conspiracy on the last page. 

• vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 897
    tdawe said:
    vedpunk said:
    JP218404 said:
    vedpunk said:
    tdawe said:
    vedpunk said:
    I get why they did it from a health prospective and their long history of taking care of their fans.  But there's also a part of me that feels they are taking advantage of a situation to support the liberal media's mission to promote fear, bring down the stock market and, in turn, prevent Trump from winning another election. Meanwhile, every other major act is hitting my market (Austin) almost every day this month.  Bottom line, the whole thing just blows.
    Good point I haven't heard of any major concerts/events being cancelled in Austin. Seems like that part of you really knows what it's talking about and isn't in any way losing its goddamned mind.
    I'll give you a little bit of credit on that response but SXSW was cancelled primarily because most of the attendees come from outside the US.  Good try though.
    Sxsw did not cancel the event. The city and state did. That why there is an uproar from people that the festival is NOT refunding anyones money. They didn’t do it. Has nothing to do with where people were coming from 
    You are correct that the city did it.....to prevent a situation where over 50% of the attendees were flying in from other parts of the world, that they couldn't control, which would have created an unsafe environment for everyone.
    https://www.fox7austin.com/news/austin-travis-county-prohibiting-events-with-2500-plus-people-until-may-due-to-coronavirus
    Politics. They had to put that into effect to prevent SXSW.  I don't blame them, it was necessary. 
    DewieCox said:
    jeffbr said:
    DewieCox said:
    Thank you kind sir.  You said it better than I ever could.
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    edited March 2020
    on2legs said:
    I like when people just realize after almost 30 years that Pearl Jam has a political opinion.  
    Shocking!!!!! 

Post edited by myoung321 on
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• link93link93 Posts: 410
    Ultra and SXWX not offering refunds only credit for one of the next 2 years. Their insurance doesn’t cover virus and they say they would go bankrupt if they offer refunds. Can you imagine being put into that situation. At least PJ does it right and you can keep your tickets or get a refund. 
    edited March 2020
    JimmyV said:
    DewieCox said:
    jeffbr said:
    DewieCox said:
    And who is making gross accusations now?  
    vedpunk said:
    tdawe said:
    vedpunk said:
    JP218404 said:
    vedpunk said:
    tdawe said:
    vedpunk said:
    Politics. They had to put that into effect to prevent SXSW.  I don't blame them, it was necessary. 
    OK. But how do you square this with your claim that "every other major act is hitting my market (Austin) almost every day this month"? 
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
    vedpunk said:
    JimmyV said:
    DewieCox said:
    jeffbr said:
    DewieCox said:
    Your words are clear. Batshit crazy, but clear. You typed them. 

• nc_jammer1nc_jammer1 Posts: 547
    link93 said:
    Ultra and SXWX not offering refunds only credit for one of the next 2 years. Their insurance doesn’t cover virus and they say they would go bankrupt if they offer refunds. Can you imagine being put into that situation. At least PJ does it right and you can keep your tickets or get a refund. 
    Good points here,... taking care of it before cities or counties make the call themselves, totally throwing a wrench into the whole reimbursement process
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,733
    edited March 2020
    I think conservatives give liberals way more credit for having power and having shit together than they really have. Well done. 
    JimmyV said:
    vedpunk said:
    JimmyV said:
    DewieCox said:
    jeffbr said:
    DewieCox said:
    Batshit Crazy is being generous...  

edited March 2020
    Post Malone is playing a 20k arena in Austin tonight and Chris Stapleton is playing that same arena on Thursday.  That's just this week.
    I think conservatives give liberals way more credit for having power and having shit together than they really have. Well done. 
     I got the memo saying you'd day that...  We're back in coordination now. Carry on! ;)

• DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    JimmyV said:
    DewieCox said:
    jeffbr said:
    DewieCox said:
    If I take it straight off the page as it was typed, I can see the craziness but I’m operating with the understanding the PJ’s reach is what it is and they aren’t making decisions or pulling strings beyond influencing fans and listeners. 
    edited March 2020
    vedpunk said:
    Post Malone is playing a 20k arena in Austin tonight and Chris Stapleton is playing that same arena on Thursday.  That's just this week.
    Oh well then it's all okay.... the guy that thinks face tattoos are a good idea said its okay...  ;)   
    Post edited by myoung321 on

JimmyV said:
    vedpunk said:
    JimmyV said:
    DewieCox said:
    jeffbr said:
    DewieCox said:
    And right on queue...the name calling begins.  Obviously touched a nerve here.
    vedpunk said:
    How is that possible?
  • Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658
    vedpunk said:

Yeah I mean its not like SXSW got cancelled or anything like that.
    vedpunk said:
    JimmyV said:
    vedpunk said:
    JimmyV said:
    DewieCox said:
    jeffbr said:
    DewieCox said:
    I've called you no names. I've called you out for accusing the band of participating in a conspiracy against Trump and told you how crazy that is. Nowhere have you been called a name. You are not a victim. 

tdawe said:
    vedpunk said:
    How is that possible?
    Read your article.  You just need to get special approval for a permit to have the concert.
  • RP112579RP112579 Posts: 3,381
    vedpunk said:
    Post Malone and Chris Stapleton didn't have 9 people get crushed to death right in front of them. So, they might not be using an over abundance of caution to eliminate the risks that they can control, like PJ is.

Maybe they will in the coming weeks, but PJ is choosing to take zero chances right now.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
    8/29/23 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/31/23 Chicago-Wrigley Field
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    DewieCox said:
    jeffbr said:
    DewieCox said:
    Nonsense. I made the tin foil hat reference in response to:
    "But there's also a part of me that feels they are taking advantage of a situation to support the liberal media's mission to promote fear, bring down the stock market and, in turn, prevent Trump from winning another election."

Hardly a slightly different take.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Y'all are children. Grow up.
    Toronto 2003, Hamilton 2005, Toronto 2005, Toronto 1&2 2006, Toronto 2009, Cleveland 2010, Buffalo 2010, Toronto 1&2 2011, Hamilton 2011, Buffalo 2013, Detroit 2014, Moline 2014, St. Paul 2014, Milwaukee 2014, New York City 2015, New York City 1&2 2016, Quebec City 2016, Ottawa 2016, Toronto 1&2 2016, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018, Berlin 2018, Barcelona 2018, Madrid 2018, Chicago 1&2 2018, Los Angeles 1&2 2022, Quebec City 2022, Ottawa 2022, Hamilton 2022, Toronto 2022, Vancouver 1&2 2024, Seattle 1&2 2024, Baltimore 2024
    edited March 2020
    JimmyV said:
    vedpunk said:
    JimmyV said:
    vedpunk said:
    JimmyV said:
    DewieCox said:
    jeffbr said:
    DewieCox said:
    I've called you no names. I've called you out for accusing the band of participating in a conspiracy against Trump and told you how crazy that is. Nowhere have you been called a name. You are not a victim. 
    Let's just chalk this up to "lost in translation".  You are taking my original post differently than I intended.  Your level of defense for the band is admirable though and I'm a huge fan (and not even a republican.)
    Post edited by vedpunk on
    edited March 2020
    RP112579 said:
    vedpunk said:
    Post Malone and Chris Stapleton didn't have 9 people get crushed to death right in front of them. So, they might not be using an over abundance of caution to eliminate the risks that they can control, like PJ is.

Maybe they will in the coming weeks, but PJ is choosing to take zero chances right now.
    Exactly! 

to add....I highly doubt Post Malone or Chris Stapleton have a fanbase that travels across the globe like PJ fans. 

• nc_jammer1nc_jammer1 Posts: 547
    vedpunk said:
    It's obvious the tours that are ramped up in current production are likely taking it day by day.  Tool played Spokane last night , Portland tomorrow.  yada yada …

Clearly PJ made the call to not even get started.  Santana has postponed as well.