Spring NA Tour Officially Postponed

Comments

• matt84matt84 Posts: 714
    Coachella has been postponed until October.
  • Micheyb21Micheyb21 Posts: 267
    Im so sorry for all you guys - it’s heartbreaking especially as we have all been waiting so long.

Some ideas for those with non refundable flights- if you can call the airline or who you booked with and ask them if they do have a free date change- most airlines are not offering full refunds at this time because they are all bleeding money left right and centre- they may offer credit though.  But you can request if cancelled to claim the taxes back which are usually a fair chunk of the price. Always worth requesting them as most dont know or realise you can and this is better than just not showing up for the flight.

Try calling airlines as early as possible- between 8.30/9.30am i have found you can usually get through- their call centres are overloaded at the moment as you can imagine.  Otherwise if you have travel insurance claim through that but dont mention Coronavirus as no one is covering that say that your whole reason for trip has been cancelled - you should have cancellation cover. For hotels as a few have mentioned its worth calling hotel direct they may be able to offer you credit.

Hopefully this madness ends soon and we can get back to enjoying our year of Pearl Jam.
    2000 Cardiff/ 2006 Paris/ 2011 Toronto/ 2013 Chicago/ 2014 Amsterdam 1 & Milton Keynes, 
    2016 MSG 1 & 2/ 2017 London Ed solo/ 2018 London 1, Padua, Rome, Prague & London 2
    2019 Dusseldorf & Dublin Ed Solo  
    2022 Copenhagen, London 1&2, Budapest, Krakow, Vienna, Prague, Ams 1 & Ams 2
    2024 Manchester, London, Auckland & Sydney
  • I have put a lot thought into this so bear with me. What could a fall rescheduled tour look like?
    Last date in Europe is July 24th, keep in mind all these dates i came up with would have the same day of week for the postponed shows.
    This is just to show how the fall and spring tour legs could be combined, New shows can be sold bringing in new revenue and making all of us somewhat whole. This provides the virus peaks in the US end of March.

BTW no F5in ... ive had time on my hands!

Maybe Canada Shows can be done in May -

Apollo Show May 23rd -

European Shows- June 23-July 24

Start in Canada Aug 12
    Toronto Wednesday Aug 12
    Ottawa Friday Aug 14
    Quebec Sunday Aug 16
    Hamilton Tuesday Aug 18
    (NEW) Baltimore 1 -Friday Aug21
    Baltimore 2 ( Makeup) Saturday - Aug22
    NY-MSG (Makeup)  - Monday Aug 24
    (NEW) NY MSG 2 Tuesday Aug 25
    Nashville - Thursday Aug 27
    St Louis - Saturday Aug 29
    Oklahoma City - Monday Aug 31
    Denver - Thursday Sept 3
    (NEW) Kansas City Saturday Sept 5
    (NEW) Minneapolis Monday Sept 7
    (NEW) Milwaukee Wednesday Sept 9
    (NEW) Chicago - Saturday Sept 11
    (NEW) Chicago -Sunday Sept 12
    (NEW) Detroit  - Tuesday - Sept 14
    (NEW) Pittsburgh  - Thursday Sept 16
    SEA HEAR NOW NJ Shore - Sept 19
    (NEW) Atlanta - Tuesday Sept 21
    (NEW) Dallas  - Thursday Sept 23
    OHANA -  Sunday Sept 27th
    LA 1 Wednesday Sept 30th
    LA 2 Thursday OCT 1st
    OAK 1 - Saturday Oct 3rd
    OAK 2 - Sunday Oct 4th
    (NEW) Portland - Tuesday Oct 6th
    (NEW) Tacoma  - Thursday Oct 8th
    Phoenix  - Saturday Oct 10th
    San Diego  - Monday Oct 12th
    This is dedication and I would gladly take those northeast shows 
    This looks good & I hope it happens except add Boston in. They will definitely go there. 
  • hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033
    Only time will tell. The death toll in China is around 3,100. Their population is 4 times the U.S. Crudely, if we "handle" it as well as they have we should have less than 1,000 deaths. China took pretty severe measures that simply will not fly here. So we shall see. When you consider a population of 1.4 billion people and 3,100 dead, seems like all this is just insanity.  
    Thank God those pretty severe measures will not fly here. 
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • CoopNLCoopNL Posts: 6
    sp1984 said:
    nurse34 said:
    Zod said:
    PJNB said:
    $1400 in non refundable flights. $600 in Airbnb's that are too close to the date to cancel. A likely fall tour that I can not take vacation on due to work restrictions. Amazing. 

That sucks.  We fared better.   Friend was covering the gas/ferry to get to oakland.  I used 20000 Alaska Air points to get back home.  Hotel is cancelled without penalty.  Not sure if I can get my points back.  They have a thing that you can get a free refund for flights until mar 31. hopefully they extend it into april.
    I just email Alaska Air to see about any extensions past April due to this. I called and waited on hold for almost 30 minutes 😬
    I've been on hold with Expedia for 23 minutes before they hung up on me. :sigh: I just sent an email through Expedia's help system
    I've waited on Expedia, first time, I got through to someone after 90+ minutes waiting and as she asked for my email address, the call dropped. Then I tried again and after another 90 minutes of waiting the call dropped again before I could speak to anyone. Tried a 3rd time yesterday, and waited another 80 minutes and at that point was too tired and frustrated, so I gave up.

St. John's, NL - Mile One Stadium (Sept 24, 2005)

St. John's, NL - Mile One Stadium (Sept 25, 2005)

Toronto, ON - Air Canada Centre (May 9, 2006)

Toronto, ON - Air Canada Centre (May 10, 2006)

Ottawa, ON - Canadian Tire Centre (Sept 3, 2022)

• JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    Schools closed in my town today. I doubt we would have wanted to go to Baltimore at all had the show not been postponed. This was the right call.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • PeterEDPeterED Posts: 365
    I have put a lot thought into this so bear with me. What could a fall rescheduled tour look like?
    Last date in Europe is July 24th, keep in mind all these dates i came up with would have the same day of week for the postponed shows.
    This is just to show how the fall and spring tour legs could be combined, New shows can be sold bringing in new revenue and making all of us somewhat whole. This provides the virus peaks in the US end of March.

Apollo Show May 23rd -

Start in Canada Aug 12
    Toronto Wednesday Aug 12
    Ottawa Friday Aug 14
    Quebec Sunday Aug 16
    Hamilton Tuesday Aug 18
    Denver - Thursday Sept 3
    LA 1 Wednesday Sept 30th
    LA 2 Thursday OCT 1st
    OAK 1 - Saturday Oct 3rd
    OAK 2 - Sunday Oct 4th
    This looks good & I hope it happens except add Boston in. They will definitely go there. 
    Man, I hope that's not how they get rescheduled. Selfishly, I'd rather see all of the rescheduled shows either in late-spring or early fall.

Cutting into summer holiday plans would suck!
    Barrie, Ontario (August 05, 1992); Toronto, Ontario (August 18, 1993); Toronto, Ontario (October 05, 2000); Buffalo, New York (May 02, 2003); Toronto, Ontario (May 09, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (May 10, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (August 21, 2009); Buffalo, New York (May 10, 2010); Toronto, Ontario (September 11, 2011); Toronto, Ontario (September 12, 2011); Toronto 1 (May 10, 2016); Toronto 2 (May 12, 2016); Ottawa (September 3, 2022); Hamilton (September 6, 2022); Toronto (September 8, 2022)
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    PeterED said:
    I have put a lot thought into this so bear with me. What could a fall rescheduled tour look like?

Apollo Show May 23rd -

Start in Canada Aug 12
    Toronto Wednesday Aug 12
    Ottawa Friday Aug 14
    Quebec Sunday Aug 16
    Hamilton Tuesday Aug 18
    Denver - Thursday Sept 3
    LA 1 Wednesday Sept 30th
    LA 2 Thursday OCT 1st
    OAK 1 - Saturday Oct 3rd
    OAK 2 - Sunday Oct 4th
    Man, I hope that's not how they get rescheduled. Selfishly, I'd rather see all of the rescheduled shows either in late-spring or early fall.

Its not going to be anything like that. The Fall dates are likely already scheduled and just not out.  PJ has not played that many dates in a short span in years. Doubtful Ed's voice could handle it. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,826
    PeterED said:

Apollo Show May 23rd -

Start in Canada Aug 12
    Toronto Wednesday Aug 12
    Ottawa Friday Aug 14
    Quebec Sunday Aug 16
    Hamilton Tuesday Aug 18
    Denver - Thursday Sept 3
    LA 1 Wednesday Sept 30th
    LA 2 Thursday OCT 1st
    OAK 1 - Saturday Oct 3rd
    OAK 2 - Sunday Oct 4th

Its not going to be anything like that. The Fall dates are likely already scheduled and just not out.  PJ has not played that many dates in a short span in years. Doubtful Ed's voice could handle it. 
    As bummed out as I am.... I agree.  I hope they don't cram that many shows into that time period.  Id rather have them play next spring and give his voice a rest then have them exhausted every night.
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • mikesbrimikesbri Toronto Posts: 965
    CoopNL said:
    sp1984 said:
    nurse34 said:
    Zod said:
    PJNB said:
    $1400 in non refundable flights. $600 in Airbnb's that are too close to the date to cancel. A likely fall tour that I can not take vacation on due to work restrictions. Amazing. 

That sucks.  We fared better.   Friend was covering the gas/ferry to get to oakland.  I used 20000 Alaska Air points to get back home.  Hotel is cancelled without penalty.  Not sure if I can get my points back.  They have a thing that you can get a free refund for flights until mar 31. hopefully they extend it into april.
    I just email Alaska Air to see about any extensions past April due to this. I called and waited on hold for almost 30 minutes 😬
    I've been on hold with Expedia for 23 minutes before they hung up on me. :sigh: I just sent an email through Expedia's help system
    I've waited on Expedia, first time, I got through to someone after 90+ minutes waiting and as she asked for my email address, the call dropped. Then I tried again and after another 90 minutes of waiting the call dropped again before I could speak to anyone. Tried a 3rd time yesterday, and waited another 80 minutes and at that point was too tired and frustrated, so I gave up.

Same thing is happening to me.  My guess my flight gonna depart before I get through to someone.
    Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Buffalo 03, Toronto 05, Hamilton 05, Kitchener 05, Toronto 06 I II, Lolla 07, Vedder Toronto I II, Toronto 09, Philly Oct 30 & 31 2009, Buffalo 2010, Cleveland 2010, Toronto I II 2011, Hamilton 2011, Ottawa 2011, London 2013, Buffalo 2013, Pittsburgh 2013, FLL 2016, Miami 2016, Tor I & II 2016, Barcelona 2018, Toronto 2022, Ottawa 2022, Quebec City 2022, Hamilton 2022
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    edited March 2020
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • jets521jets521 Posts: 804
    just imagine how cathartic that first show back is going to be!
    Corduroy opener? THE WAITING DROVE ME MAD
    Wachovia Center, Philadelphia - 10/3/05
    Tweeter Center, Camden - 5/27/06
    Verizon Center, Wash. DC - 5/30/06
    Bonnaroo, Manchester, TN - 6/14/08
    Madison Square Garden, NYC - 6/19/08
    Spectrum, Philadelphia - 10/28/09
    Spectrum, Philadelphia - 10/30/09
    Spectrum, Philadelphia - 10/31/09
    Madison Square Garden, NYC - 5/21/10
    Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia - 10/21/13
    1st Mariner Arena, Baltimore - 10/27/13
    Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia - 4/28/16
    Enterprise Center, Saint Louis - 9/18/22
  • jimjam1982jimjam1982 Posts: 1,412
    They really need to consider opening up ticket transfers so trading can commence on this site.... hear it out...

I know that would open up risk for scalping and require monitoring by 10C. 

Overall, once the rescheduling is announced the likely hood of making the same shows is slim.  As an example, I dont expect to make oakland or st. Louis unless they fall on weekends again. But that could open up destinations like OKC or LA if they were to shift towards weekends.  It would be great to have some form of trading system on here due to the postponement.  

I know we can get refunds, but looking at history the west coast trips are about once every 7 years so the goal is still to make as many as possible and keep tix within 10C if possible and in think trading is a great option at this point.

• RD81760RD81760 Posts: 127
    Does anyone feel that Apollo and MSG shows may be rescheduled sooner and independently of the rest? It really was meant to be more of a publicity stop to push the drop of the new album. I feel like they may want to get those back on the books to help add momentum to the drop. Wishful thinking?
  • foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    has anyone informed the people lined up for the rail that the shows have been postponed, or are they going to remain until new dates are announced?
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    They really need to consider opening up ticket transfers so trading can commence on this site.... hear it out...

Overall, once the rescheduling is announced the likely hood of making the same shows is slim.  As an example, I dont expect to make oakland or st. Louis unless they fall on weekends again. But that could open up destinations like OKC or LA if they were to shift towards weekends.  It would be great to have some form of trading system on here due to the postponement.  

I know we can get refunds, but looking at history the west coast trips are about once every 7 years so the goal is still to make as many as possible and keep tix within 10C if possible and in think trading is a great option at this point.

Or the unused tickets go back to TM/10c and they have another lottery with the new dates for 10c members. Then a verified fan sale fro the rest. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    There might be language that covers this in whatever contract they signed with Ticketmaster. My bet is these tickets will go back to TM, but we'll see. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,946

Or the unused tickets go back to TM/10c and they have another lottery with the new dates for 10c members. Then a verified fan sale fro the rest. 

I look forward to the angry threads after some 97xxx gets shut out again, while some 6xx,xxx gets even better seats than they would have the first time. 
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • jacquelyncajacquelynca Posts: 372

Apollo Show May 23rd -

Start in Canada Aug 12
    Toronto Wednesday Aug 12
    Ottawa Friday Aug 14
    Quebec Sunday Aug 16
    Hamilton Tuesday Aug 18
    Denver - Thursday Sept 3
    LA 1 Wednesday Sept 30th
    LA 2 Thursday OCT 1st
    OAK 1 - Saturday Oct 3rd
    OAK 2 - Sunday Oct 4th
    Oct 3 and 4 we have hardly strictly bluegrass in San Francisco so I’m hoping it’s not rescheduled for that weekend
    IG and twitter - @jacquelynincali

1994 - Bridge School Benefit, Shoreline Mountain View CA
    *** 1995 - 2015 High School, College, Broke, Having Kids***
    2016 - Temple of the Dog, Bill Graham Civic Center Auditorium, San Francisco CA
    2017 - Eddie Vedder, Bourbon and Beyond, Louisville KY
    2018 - The Home Shows, Show 2, Seattle WA
    2019 - Eddie Vedder, Ohana Fest, Dana Point CA
    2020- Oakland Nights 1 and 2
    2020 - Ohana Fest
    2021 - Ohana Fest
    2022 - Oakland 1 and 2

"Watch out for music. It should come with a health warning. It can be dangerous. It can make you feel so alive, so connected to the people around you, and connected to what you really are inside. And it can make you think that the world should, and could, be a much better place. And just occasionally, it can make you very, very happy." -Peter Gabriel
  • NoloadNoload Posts: 1,630
    Anyone tried cancelling something booked through Priceline?
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,268
    Noload said:
    Someone said they did I believe. Just mentioned the word "coronavirus" and they refunded them. 
  • craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,298
    foodboy said:
    has anyone informed the people lined up for the rail that the shows have been postponed, or are they going to remain until new dates are announced?
    I stopped by the line in OAK, they threw beer cans at me and said i way lying to try to take their spot...

mace1229 said:
    Noload said:
    Someone said they did I believe. Just mentioned the word "coronavirus" and they refunded them. 
    Great thanks!  I'm waiting for call back.  On their virtual waiting list now.  Will update after I speak with them.
  • NDJeff7NDJeff7 Posts: 213
    edited March 2020
    Noload said:

I had booked my Ottawa hotel through Priceline on one of their Express Deals, which is non-refundable. I spoke to someone on their chat yesterday. They called the hotel for me who agreed to cancel and refund what I had already paid. It was super easy, took maybe 15 minutes. Big props to Priceline.
    Post edited by NDJeff7 on
    mpedone said:

I look forward to the angry threads after some 97xxx gets shut out again, while some 6xx,xxx gets even better seats than they would have the first time. 
    Hey I'm a 6xx, xxx what are you saying ....HUH...;)

NDJeff7 said:
    Noload said:

I had booked my Ottawa hotel through Priceline on one of their Express Deals, which is non-refundable. I spoke to someone on their chat yesterday. They called the hotel for me who agreed to cancel and refund what I had already paid. It was super easy, took maybe 15 minutes. Big props to Priceline.
    Good to hear
    PeterED said:

Apollo Show May 23rd -

Start in Canada Aug 12
    Toronto Wednesday Aug 12
    Ottawa Friday Aug 14
    Quebec Sunday Aug 16
    Hamilton Tuesday Aug 18
    Denver - Thursday Sept 3
    LA 1 Wednesday Sept 30th
    LA 2 Thursday OCT 1st
    OAK 1 - Saturday Oct 3rd
    OAK 2 - Sunday Oct 4th

As bummed out as I am.... I agree.  I hope they don't cram that many shows into that time period.  Id rather have them play next spring and give his voice a rest then have them exhausted every night.
    Probably right about the number of dates. While i think that some of the spring dates could fall to 21, i really hope PHX, SD, LA, OAK do hold for 2020,... We west coasters have been shut out since 13... When in 16 the east and south got lots of dates the second west coast leg never happened. While i get the whole PJ has more fans in the east... Both LA and OAK where the only stops with double dates. This really said to me that the fall legs would be all Midwest and east.. All those eastern shows would be redundant once the Fall dates were scheduled.

Lets just get past this this virus scare so we can get on with life. If this does not get contained, large events could be shut down for a long time to come.

• Vedd Hedd said:
    I'm really not trying to call anyone names, but the paranoid Trumpers are REALLY playing in another dimension now.  Like, this is like Scientology but worse. 
    I don’t think anyone is paranoid of anything.  I think it’s more that after 4 years of the same blame game spearheaded by the media and a half dozen or so folks in the govt that are the architects behind a lot of it, (which have time and again turned out to be proven false- looking at you collusion/Russia) a lot of us just shake our heads when the page is turned to the next outrage,  Aren’t we all still laughing about the Russia lie? I remember being held at gunpoint by a Russian dude and forced to vote for trump. Who knew we could fit so many horrible Trump disasters into each week? Anyway, I do agree that this topic has gotten way out of control though and I thank PJ for making the smart decision on this, regardless if they blame the “gov’t” for everything they feel isn’t perfect at any time.  
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,532
    Not sure if anyone posted, but the message on the Ticketmaster event page is a little promising. The ! is theirs not mine!

"On sale date and time are in the works - please check back!"
  • Ya good call. Hope its before 2021 hockey season starts up.