Options

CoVid19 Virus : Impact on PJ Spring & Summer Tours

1424344454648»

Comments

• Options
    Mike D88Mike D88 Tampa Posts: 723
    edited March 2020
    Hey dingus, your own numbers indicate a <1% hospitalization rate for the flu. COVID-19 may have a hospitalization rate as high as 20%, but let's conservatively slash that to 5%. At a similar rate of spread as the flu, 15 million illnesses would require 750,000 hospitalizations. At any given moment in the United States, less than half of that many hospital beds are available.
    Post edited by Mike D88 on
    i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    2008 Tampa - 2013 Buffalo - 2016 Tampa - 2016 Fenway II
    Audioslave 2005 MSG
  • Options
    PJ N DCPJ N DC Posts: 183
    jeffbr has a handle on this. Cheers.
    And PJ N DC is making up numbers to validate his bullshit argument? Shocked I tell you. :disappointed: 

The Coronavirus originated in the 1960's and has had 7 strands.   Shockingly, the world survived the other 6 strands. You may continue you fear mongering and hypocritical thread. See you at the shows (Hypocrites).

Human Coronavirus Types

Coronaviruses are named for the crown-like spikes on their surface. There are four main sub-groupings of coronaviruses, known as alpha, beta, gamma, and delta.

Human coronaviruses were first identified in the mid-1960s. The seven coronaviruses that can infect people are:

Common human coronaviruses

1. 229E (alpha coronavirus)
    2. NL63 (alpha coronavirus)
    3. OC43 (beta coronavirus)
    4. HKU1 (beta coronavirus)

Other human coronaviruses

1. MERS-CoV (the beta coronavirus that causes Middle East Respiratory Syndrome, or MERS)
    2. SARS-CoV (the beta coronavirus that causes severe acute respiratory syndrome, or SARS)
    3. SARS-CoV-2 (the novel coronavirus that causes coronavirus disease 2019, or COVID-19)

People around the world commonly get infected with human coronaviruses 229E, NL63, OC43, and HKU1.

Sometimes coronaviruses that infect animals can evolve and make people sick and become a new human coronavirus. Three recent examples of this are 2019-nCoV, SARS-CoV, and MERS-CoV.

92 - (Lollapalooza)
    96 - Columbia,MD
    98 - VA Beach
    00 - VA Beach, Columbia, MD
    03 - Pittsburgh, State College, Bristow, VA, Scranton
    05 - St. Johns, Newfoundland, Pittsburgh, Newark, The Vic
    08 - Washington, DC (EV Solo), VA Beach, Washington, DC
    09 - Philadelphia (EV Solo) & Philadelphia (Spectrum Shows)
    10 - Bristow
    12 - Philadelphia (Made in America Festival)
    13 - Wrigley Field, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Charlottesville, Charlotte
    14 - St. Louis, MO
    16 - Hampton, Philadelphia 2, New York City 1&2
    18 - Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
    22 - LA 1 & LA 2, Hamilton, ON, Toronto, Nashville, TN
    23 - Ft. Worth 1 & Ft. Worth 2, Austin 1 & Austin 2
  • Options
    stop 👏 posting 👏
    i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    Audioslave 2005 MSG
  • Options
    YAKIMATSUYAKIMATSU Santa Fe Posts: 564
    JimmyV said:
    PJ N DC said:
    JimmyV said:
    PJ N DC said:
    JimmyV said:
    PJ N DC said:
    JimmyV said:
    PJ N DC said:
    JimmyV said:
    PJ N DC said:
    JimmyV said:
    PJ N DC said:
    JimmyV said:
    PJ N DC said:
    JimmyV said:
    PJ N DC said:
    PJ N DC said:
    ComeToTX said:
    PJ N DC said:
    sj9966 said:
    The 2009 Swine Flu pandemic peaked at 110000 cases here in the UK in July of that year and then peaked again at 80,000 cases in October. Nothing was cancelled, sporting events, festivals or anything of the like. Life went on without the mass hysteria that is surrounding this current virus.
    the MAIN difference in this country is different administrations in charge.....current admin has NO clue about how to manage this and the Obama admin had a cohesive plan.
    What needs to be done to "manage this" and what "cohesive plan" should be put into place? Very easy to point fingers.
    We knew this was coming for 2 months.  They should have started mass producing tests in January.  There is no excuse for where we are with tests today.
    The tests are only effective for the people that take them.  83% infected with the virus don't even seek medical attention.  What good is a test for the majority of folks that will treat this as a respiratory illness and not even consider being tested? 
    If they aren't tested, how do we have know they had it? This doesn't make sense.
    You can have all types of illnesses that go untested.  You do not have to go to a doctor to make an illness official.  What I was trying to state was that people will treat this as an illness on their own (not knowing it is corona and hence will not be tested).
    And what we are saying is that if we don't know how many people are infected we cannot determine how many 83% even is, nevermind what they may or may not do. 
    These are all fluid numbers and many are estimates as there is a large population that may be affected and never be reported.  Bottom line is there is no reason to stop living or cancelling events.  If you think postponements and cancellations should occur, then why have they not happened for a bigger epidemic (FLU)?  

Source CDC:
    The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates that so far this season, there have been at least 15 million flu illnesses for the 2019-2020 season, 140,000 hospitalizations and 8,200 deaths in the U.S.
    I think tossing out random stats that cannot be verified is reckless. That's my point. We have no idea how many people 83% is, will be, where they are, who they are, etc. Pretending otherwise serves no purpose other than to misinform. 
    Not a random stat.......why aren't all public activities being postponed due to the Flu?  Why isn't the media covering the Flu? Where is the thread on the board because of the Flu?

Source CDC:
    The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates that so far this season, there have been at least 15 million flu illnesses for the 2019-2020 season, 140,000 hospitalizations and 8,200 deaths in the U.S.
    You are trying to deflect. How many is 83% Who and where are they? Check back with your source and let us know. 
    Not trying to deflect at all.  Please explain to me why you are not more concerned with a virus that has 15 million reported cases and 8,200 reported deaths in the US??? Where the CV has 580 reported cases and 22 reported deaths in the US.  The numbers don't lie and the media is at fault. 
    You are arguing a point that I didn't make while refusing to address the question I have asked you repeatedly. How many people is 83%?
    Here is your answer...83% of the 105,860 reported globally is 87,863. These 87,863 did not require any medical attention after diagnosis.  This was the factual numbers the doctor used in his report. Now that I answered your question are you going to start a Flu thread asking for isolation, nationwide testing, cancellations, etc.??
    We aren't talking about the Flu. We are talking about Corona. How many people is 83% of the infected population? 
    I am not sure if you are unable to comprehend or if there is a reading issue. The numbers I provided are CV19 numbers NOT Flu numbers. The answer to your question was; 87,863 confirmed CV19 cases worldwide did not require medical attention.   
    Dude, you repeatedly tried to shift the discussion to the flu, questioning whether I would start a thread about it despite my never making any point about the flu. 

Confirmed cases of CV19, but we have no idea how many people actually have the disease. 83% sounds good but means nothing. Neither you nor I nor that doctor know how many people that is right now, nevermind in a week or a month. That (again) is my point.  
    Dude...I was not trying to shift the conversation to the Flu. I was simply taking 2 viruses as a comparison to document the facts. The fears and dialogue of CV19 is unwarranted.  If you feel it is in fact a major concern,  then you are a hypocrite not to have the same or bigger concerns about the Flu which is far more widespread and deadly than CV19. I know that doesn't fit your narrative (much like the media). Keep spreading the fear Dude.
    You were trying to deflect to a discussion of the flu and you continue to do so. Your words clearly prove that. I get it, that is an easier argument for you to make. 
    This is how it started....NOT a deflection....NOT creating and easier argument.  This was a comparison as I clearly stated of 2 viruses. The point was you are hypocritical to label CV19 any different than the Flu.  The statistics were used as an example to back my claim not to change the argument.  My argument was not against the CV19 concerns rather it was pointing out your ignorance/hypocritical narrative that you are presenting.  

JimmyV said:
    And what we are saying is that if we don't know how many people are infected we cannot determine how many 83% even is, nevermind what they may or may not do. 
    These are all fluid numbers and many are estimates as there is a large population that may be affected and never be reported.  Bottom line is there is no reason to stop living or cancelling events.  If you think postponements and cancellations should occur, then why have they not happened for a bigger epidemic (FLU)?  

Source CDC:
    Again with the flu. 
    Exactly. My doctor did not give me any warning about large gatherings until this. Under 50, but had suprise blood clot on my brain last year. This is not anything like the flu. NOBODY knows how this virus will behave. Until we have an understanding of, really, anything about this virus, we just don't know. Fighting over % is a waste of energy. I was in very good physical condition, hiking mountains over 6k regularly, and then bam. We have no idea how vulnerable we all are. 
  • Options
    PJ N DCPJ N DC Posts: 183
    Mike D88 said:
    stop 👏 posting 👏
    No.   :o
    92 - (Lollapalooza)
    96 - Columbia,MD
    98 - VA Beach
    00 - VA Beach, Columbia, MD
    03 - Pittsburgh, State College, Bristow, VA, Scranton
    05 - St. Johns, Newfoundland, Pittsburgh, Newark, The Vic
    08 - Washington, DC (EV Solo), VA Beach, Washington, DC
    09 - Philadelphia (EV Solo) & Philadelphia (Spectrum Shows)
    10 - Bristow
    12 - Philadelphia (Made in America Festival)
    13 - Wrigley Field, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Charlottesville, Charlotte
    14 - St. Louis, MO
    16 - Hampton, Philadelphia 2, New York City 1&2
    18 - Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
    22 - LA 1 & LA 2, Hamilton, ON, Toronto, Nashville, TN
    23 - Ft. Worth 1 & Ft. Worth 2, Austin 1 & Austin 2
  • Options
    MelzombieMelzombie Charleston, SC Posts: 200
    edited March 2020
    The decision will probably be made as it gets closer to the start of the tour. 
    I'm already prepared to be disappointed, but I hope I'm not. I can't wait till this is all over... good. god....
    Post edited by Melzombie on
  • Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347

Credit where it's due.

From the actual GNR Facebook page.

This is amazing.
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    This thread feels like the toilet paper aisle in the supermarket right about now. 
  • Options
    scotterbsscotterbs Posts: 32
    PJ N DC said:
    Mike D88 said:
    stop 👏 posting 👏
    No.   :o
    This came across one of my feeds and made me think about you. :whistle:

"America and coronavirus, where a delayed, incompetent and insufficient government response meets an unintelligent, selfish public"
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    This thread feels like the toilet paper aisle in the supermarket right about now. 
    So does the stock market. Hmmm?
  • Options
    DeadmanDeadman Posts: 784
    No matter the tour fate... we will have Gigaton.  Gigaton coming makes me happy.
  • Options
    hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033
    Deadman said:
    No matter the tour fate... we will have Gigaton.  Gigaton coming makes me happy.
    Keep your head buried in the sand my friend while the rest of us deal with the real world.
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,934
    Deadman said:
    Gitty for Gigaton

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,149
    Trump caused covid-19.  That’s what everyone wants to hear.  He squeezed his orange little hands into a bat and fed it to a Chinese person.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,934
    hsohi said:
    Deadman said:
    Keep your head buried in the sand my friend while the rest of us deal with the real world.
    Weird. Gigaton makes me happy, too. It's ok to enjoy something every now and again.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,002
    bbiggs said:
    More like the toilet paper in the toilet.
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    hsohi said:
    Deadman said:
    Weird. Gigaton makes me happy, too. It's ok to enjoy something every now and again.
    Yes.
    Positive,  positive!
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    I think I might have the coronavirus....or maybe it's just the flu.  Who can tell?
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    SD63653SD63653 AZ4LIFE Posts: 66
    Roscoe28 said:
    This is a media fueled pandemic.   This virus should not be canceling everyday life.   It’s amazing how much power words and headlines  have these days.   Scary as a matter of fact.   The numbers of elderly that have died from the flu this year far outnumber Corona.  The majority of folks won’t even know they have it.   Those are the facts.  Look em up and educate.
    SXSW = 150,000 people = drinking, drugs, travel from all over the world is NOT everyday life.  We are not even an the start of the CR19.   We probably won't know for at least 18 months how big or small of a World Health issue is.  Those are the facts.
    Saltzy23 said:
    It is literally impossible to believe a single word these assclows are giving at today's press conference any less than I do.

Its sad, but I'm officially to the point where I don't trust a single syllable that comes out of the mouth of anyone associated with this White House.

Roscoe28 said:
    This is a media fueled pandemic.   This virus should not be canceling everyday life.   It’s amazing how much power words and headlines  have these days.   Scary as a matter of fact.   The numbers of elderly that have died from the flu this year far outnumber Corona.  The majority of folks won’t even know they have it.   Those are the facts.  Look em up and educate.

Roscoe28 said:

Roscoe28 said:

Roscoe28 said:

Roscoe28 said:

Roscoe28 said:

Roscoe28 said:

Roscoe28 said:

Roscoe28 said:

Roscoe28 said:

• Options
    SD63653SD63653 AZ4LIFE Posts: 66
    The thread that keeps giving to stupidity.   It’s been 48 pages and completely off the rails/logic/reason/topic....

impacting the Tour.  Yes or no?
  • Options
    SD63653 said:
    The thread that keeps giving to stupidity.   It’s been 48 pages and completely off the rails/logic/reason/topic....

JimmyV said:
    hsohi said:
    Deadman said:
    Yes.
    Positive,  positive!
  • Options
    SD63653 said:

Maybe start a poll?
  • Options
    mattsavardmattsavard Posts: 518
    edited March 2020
    Latest Numbers out of Italy... as the entire country has been placed into lockdown. 
    • 9172 cases (+24% in one day)
    • 463 deaths (+26.5% today / 5% CFR)
    • 724 Discharged (+16.4% today )
    • 7985 Positive (+25% today )
    • 733 in ICU (+12.8% today)
    • 4316 Hospitalized (+21.3% today)

If we include deaths with the following, we get these staggering rates:

1) 52% of cases require hospitalization!
    2) 13% of cases require ICU

This thing is spreading like wildfire and appears to be getting more virulent. Seattle, San Francisco, and NYC are about to surge like Northern Italy started to a week ago when they had similar numbers to us (mid 500s). 

Anyone arguing this is #justaflubro at this point is either a troll or a moron. 

If things surge here like they did in Italy, my GA tix for Ottawa and Front Row 121 Risers in QC will be hitting F2F marketplace later this week. 

Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement. 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,822
    Latest Numbers out of Italy... as the entire country has been placed into lockdown. 

This thing is spreading like wildfire and appears to be getting more virulent. Seattle, San Francisco, and NYC are about to surge like Northern Italy started to a week ago when they had similar numbers to us (mid 500s). 

If things surge here like they did in Italy, my GA tix for Ottawa and Front Row 121 Risers in QC will be hitting F2F marketplace later this week. 

Dibs!
  • Options
    Italy has a very large elderly population, which likely throws off that hospitalization rate when compared with the US population.

Which is not to say our healthcare system won't be overwhelmed, because even at the lowest estimates it absolutely will be.
    i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    Audioslave 2005 MSG
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,244

I think we need context in the Italy stats.  I just read the average age in the deaths is 81.4 years old.   I didn't realize this but Italy has one of the oldest populations around.   

I can't speak for what's happening in Italy, but in washington state the virus got into a care home, then everyone got infected.    I imagine this is happening in many places that have a concentrated population of older people.  That would drastically skew numbers.

If the media would report on this better instead of one of last a paragraph footnotes kind of things. maybe it would stop the panic of healthier younger people.    People are seeing these states without reading the context and panicking :(

as for your tickets. I would wait to see if shows start getting postponed first.. maybe hold onto them closer to the show date in case they do.

• Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    edited March 2020
    Post edited by Sea on
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,932
    edited March 2020
    This thread is now closed.
    Be nice. We're very big on RESPECT here. Respect for each other, the band and the Ten Club Community forum environment. Please think of it as if you are as a guest in someone else's home. Please do not put your posting privileges at risk.

Discuss, disagree and debate politely. It's possible to disagree with people without being abusive, and it's a requirement here.

There is an existing Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) topic in Moving Train. Please remember to be nice, discuss, disagree and debate politely. It's possible to disagree with people without being abusive, and it's a requirement here.

Post edited by Sea on
This discussion has been closed.