Options

CoVid19 Virus : Impact on PJ Spring & Summer Tours

Comments

• Options
    THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,728
    CO278952 said:
    CO278952 said:
    Will be flying up from Orlando for MSG. Going on a cruise with the family for spring break in a week. Life is good! As others have said use common sense. Don’t live in fear. Hoping the best for all. Enjoy the tour!
    CO278952 said:
    Will be flying up from Orlando for MSG. Going on a cruise with the family for spring break in a week. Life is good! As others have said use common sense. Don’t live in fear. Hoping the best for all. Enjoy the tour!
    Terrible idea to go on a cruise . 
    If it gets cancelled we won’t go. Appreciate your input. 
    No need to thank me , it’s just common sense.

• Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,510
    Remember H1N1 in spring of 2009? That started here in US and most affected younger people that didn't have some of the anitbodies that we "older"  folks might have had.
  • Options
    MS4677MS4677 Posts: 62
    I understand the attempt at comic relief but the song thing is/has become disturbing to me and I'm having trouble seeing the humor in it.  I will exercise my right to no longer visit this thread.  Hope the shows go on! 
  • Options
    sj9966 said:
    The 2009 Swine Flu pandemic peaked at 110000 cases here in the UK in July of that year and then peaked again at 80,000 cases in October. Nothing was cancelled, sporting events, festivals or anything of the like. Life went on without the mass hysteria that is surrounding this current virus.
    the MAIN difference in this country is different administrations in charge.....current admin has NO clue about how to manage this and the Obama admin had a cohesive plan.
  • Options
    CO278952 said:
    CO278952 said:
    CO278952 said:
    Terrible idea to go on a cruise . 
    If it gets cancelled we won’t go. Appreciate your input. 
    No need to thank me , it’s just common sense.

he's being sarcastic I beleive @Bibleisten
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,205
    Glorified version of a seasonal flu
    It's the variant.

• Options
    Lukin63Lukin63 Posts: 6
    Thumbing my way back to quarantine
  • Options
    crowes74crowes74 Posts: 273
    Push comes to shove I hope it’s just a postponement situation.  Imagine in a few weeks this will be pretty widespread, hope not.
  • Options
    PJ N DCPJ N DC Posts: 184
    sj9966 said:
    The 2009 Swine Flu pandemic peaked at 110000 cases here in the UK in July of that year and then peaked again at 80,000 cases in October. Nothing was cancelled, sporting events, festivals or anything of the like. Life went on without the mass hysteria that is surrounding this current virus.
    Amen!  
    92 - (Lollapalooza)
    96 - Columbia,MD
    98 - VA Beach
    00 - VA Beach, Columbia, MD
    03 - Pittsburgh, State College, Bristow, VA, Scranton
    05 - St. Johns, Newfoundland, Pittsburgh, Newark, The Vic
    08 - Washington, DC (EV Solo), VA Beach, Washington, DC
    09 - Philadelphia (EV Solo) & Philadelphia (Spectrum Shows)
    10 - Bristow
    12 - Philadelphia (Made in America Festival)
    13 - Wrigley Field, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Charlottesville, Charlotte
    14 - St. Louis, MO
    16 - Hampton, Philadelphia 2, New York City 1&2
    18 - Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
    22 - LA 1 & LA 2, Hamilton, ON, Toronto, Nashville, TN
    23 - Ft. Worth 1 & Ft. Worth 2, Austin 1 & Austin 2
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    You Are (corona +)
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    sj9966 said:
    the MAIN difference in this country is different administrations in charge.....current admin has NO clue about how to manage this and the Obama admin had a cohesive plan.
    What needs to be done to "manage this" and what "cohesive plan" should be put into place? Very easy to point fingers.
    92 - (Lollapalooza)
    96 - Columbia,MD
    98 - VA Beach
    10 - Bristow
    14 - St. Louis, MO
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,645
    PJ N DC said:
    sj9966 said:
    What needs to be done to "manage this" and what "cohesive plan" should be put into place? Very easy to point fingers.
    We knew this was coming for 2 months.  They should have started mass producing tests in January.  There is no excuse for where we are with tests today.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,012
    ComeToTX said:
    PJ N DC said:
    sj9966 said:
    We knew this was coming for 2 months.  They should have started mass producing tests in January.  There is no excuse for where we are with tests today.
    The tests are beautiful though
  • Options
    disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    Starting tomorrow, my Mediterranean cruise is offering cancellations with zero penalty. We were planning on canceling anyway, no matter what the penalties may have been. The credit will be good until end of 2022, I believe. I had a busy 2019, so I'm fine staying put this year.
  • Options
    scotterbsscotterbs Posts: 32

Coronavirus in NY: Head of Port Authority Rick Cotton has coronavirus

https://nypost.com/2020/03/09/coronavirus-in-ny-head-of-port-authority-rick-cotton-has-coronavirus/

The head of the Port Authority — who has been visiting local airports — has the coronavirus, Gov. Andrew Cuomo said Monday.

Cuomo said he himself “could have been in contact” with infected PA Executive Director Rick Cotton but hasn’t been tested because he’s an “improbable positive,” meaning he isn’t likely to have the virus.

The governor didn’t say how Cotton may have contracted the potentially deadly bug but noted that the executive director “has been at the airports, obviously, when many people were coming back with the virus.

Cuomo specifically mentioned JFK Airport in Queens.

• Options
    ComeToTX said:
    PJ N DC said:
    sj9966 said:
    The tests are only effective for the people that take them.  83% infected with the virus don't even seek medical attention.  What good is a test for the majority of folks that will treat this as a respiratory illness and not even consider being tested? 
    92 - (Lollapalooza)
    96 - Columbia,MD
    98 - VA Beach
    10 - Bristow
    14 - St. Louis, MO
  • Options
    Starting tomorrow, my Mediterranean cruise is offering cancellations with zero penalty. We were planning on canceling anyway, no matter what the penalties may have been. The credit will be good until end of 2022, I believe. I had a busy 2019, so I'm fine staying put this year.
    Smart....very smart....go cruise when it's not stressful.
  • Options
    disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    And to everyone freaking out about the stock market: you gotta deal with the ebbs and flows, and just ride it out. Yes, we took a massive drop the past couple of weeks, but we're still higher than what we were a year ago.
  • Options
    mattsavardmattsavard Posts: 518
    Remember H1N1 in spring of 2009? That started here in US and most affected younger people that didn't have some of the anitbodies that we "older"  folks might have had.

This is not even close to the same virus. H1N1 didn't send 10-15% of patients to the ICU due to Respiratory / Organ failure. 

PJ N DC said:

The tests are only effective for the people that take them.  83% infected with the virus don't even seek medical attention.  What good is a test for the majority of folks that will treat this as a respiratory illness and not even consider being tested? 

This is absolutely false. Please provide a source or stop spreading mistruths. 
    Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement. 
  • Options
    NewfieintheUSANewfieintheUSA Posts: 2,394
    PJ N DC said:
    ComeToTX said:
    PJ N DC said:
    sj9966 said:
    If they aren't tested, how do we have know they had it? This doesn't make sense.
  • Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    This pile of dog shit is tweeting that gas prices are down, and that is good for the consumer.

Hey, your portfolio might be down 18%, but that tank of gas on the way home is gonna be $2 cheaper!

It's literally impossible to hate anyone more than I hate Donald motherfucking Trump.

Fuck this fucking guy so much.
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,996
    We don't know how many people have it, but we know 83% of those who do won't seek medical attention. Also, I love lamp. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,645
    South Korea should be the model right now on how to deal with this.  They are testing 10,000 a day and their morbidity rate is around .6% Obviously it helps.  This thing will have our hospitals at capacity in two months.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options

This is not even close to the same virus. H1N1 didn't send 10-15% of patients to the ICU due to Respiratory / Organ failure. 

PJ N DC said:

Source: Dr. Robert Murphy, Executive Director of the Institute for Global Health
    "The one thing we really don't need is mass hysteria," said Dr. Robert Murphy, executive director of the Institute for Global Health at the Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine and an infectious diseases professor. "83 percent of people have such minor symptoms, they don't actually require any medical care at all. The 17 percent who do feel quite ill need to be evaluated, and some of them will require hospitalization and some of them will require intensive care."
    92 - (Lollapalooza)
    96 - Columbia,MD
    98 - VA Beach
    10 - Bristow
    14 - St. Louis, MO
  • Options
    scotterbsscotterbs Posts: 32

Probably a scalper trying to sell those $2500+ GA MSG tickets on StubHub.  ;)
  • Options
    ComeToTX said:
    South Korea should be the model right now on how to deal with this.  They are testing 10,000 a day and their morbidity rate is around .6% Obviously it helps.  This thing will have our hospitals at capacity in two months.
    They started doing drive through testing right away....would take swabs as people drove up...brilliant
  • Options
    PJ N DC said:
    ComeToTX said:
    PJ N DC said:
    sj9966 said:
    If they aren't tested, how do we have know they had it? This doesn't make sense.
    You can have all types of illnesses that go untested.  You do not have to go to a doctor to make an illness official.  What I was trying to state was that people will treat this as an illness on their own (not knowing it is corona and hence will not be tested).
    92 - (Lollapalooza)
    96 - Columbia,MD
    98 - VA Beach
    10 - Bristow
    14 - St. Louis, MO
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,996
    PJ N DC said:
    PJ N DC said:
    ComeToTX said:
    PJ N DC said:
    sj9966 said:
    You can have all types of illnesses that go untested.  You do not have to go to a doctor to make an illness official.  What I was trying to state was that people will treat this as an illness on their own (not knowing it is corona and hence will not be tested).
    And what we are saying is that if we don't know how many people are infected we cannot determine how many 83% even is, nevermind what they may or may not do. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,042
    edited March 2020
    PJ N DC said:
    ComeToTX said:
    PJ N DC said:
    sj9966 said:
    Last week my entire house fell ill with 3 of the 4 people in my house had a ever above 102 with some respiratory effects, along with other flu like symptoms. I went to the dr twice over a 3 day period, my wife went in twice because they only got worse after the first visit, each of our kids went in at least once. None of us were ever tested. I was kind of surprised. I highly doubted I had corona, but for being as paranoid as everyone says, I thought we would have been tested.
    Now if I was 99% I didnt have it, that 1% getting untested is who is going to end up spreading it the most
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    PJ N DC said:
    PJ N DC said:
    ComeToTX said:
    PJ N DC said:
    sj9966 said:
    And what we are saying is that if we don't know how many people are infected we cannot determine how many 83% even is, nevermind what they may or may not do. 
    These are all fluid numbers and many are estimates as there is a large population that may be affected and never be reported.  Bottom line is there is no reason to stop living or cancelling events.  If you think postponements and cancellations should occur, then why have they not happened for a bigger epidemic (FLU)?  

Source CDC:
    The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates that so far this season, there have been at least 15 million flu illnesses for the 2019-2020 season, 140,000 hospitalizations and 8,200 deaths in the U.S.
    92 - (Lollapalooza)
    96 - Columbia,MD
    98 - VA Beach
    10 - Bristow
    14 - St. Louis, MO
This discussion has been closed.