Options

CoVid19 Virus : Impact on PJ Spring & Summer Tours

Comments

• Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,510
    kerbjack said:
    Once you start seeing sporting events in North America being held without crowds, I think concerts are in the same boat. With the band announcing festival dates, it seems plans are status quo until we hear differently. 
    yes but those are in September...
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,412
    And back to the song game...
    Given To Flu
    (I know. I know. It’s NOT the flu....and sorry if this one’s already been done).
  • Options
    rummy said:
    Given To Flu
    (I know. I know. It’s NOT the flu....and sorry if this one’s already been done).
    thanks...lol.....All Those Yesterdays (when we didn't worry about cancelling shows and people coughing on us)
  • Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,896
    rummy said:
    Given To Flu

This is not the flu!
    This is not the flu!
    Never was the flu!
    NOT FLU!

;)
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    relboohrelbooh Posts: 3
    The band can elect to cancel shows (though they'd never want to), but for what is being discussed here it's going to be the venues making the call.  The venues themselves are unlikely to make elective decisions to cancel on their own... they will follow whatever their State / local jurisdictions TELL THEM to do.  If a Mayor or Governor declares a State of Emergency and bans gatherings larger than X,XXX people... then the venues will cancel concerts.   

No use worrying about lack of comms from the band, it's out of their control.  
  • Options
    mpedone said:
    rummy said:
    Given To Flu

This is not the flu!
    This is not the flu!
    Never was the flu!
    NOT FLU!

;)
    ROTFL!!
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,396
    relbooh said:
    The band can elect to cancel shows (though they'd never want to), but for what is being discussed here it's going to be the venues making the call.  The venues themselves are unlikely to make elective decisions to cancel on their own... they will follow whatever their State / local jurisdictions TELL THEM to do.  If a Mayor or Governor declares a State of Emergency and bans gatherings larger than X,XXX people... then the venues will cancel concerts.   

No use worrying about lack of comms from the band, it's out of their control.  

True, but if it looks like dates are going to get cancelled (hopefully postponed), are they going to do a spotty tour, if some states cancel big gatherings and some don't? 
  • Options
    You CAN'T DENY ME access to the concert! 
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,375
    Sweet Flu (is so much less scary than Covid 19)
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,786
    Poncier said:
    Sweet Flu...making me blue
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    sedge75sedge75 Posts: 29
    please can we stop with this game? best jokes are shorter...

• Options
    Poncier said:
    Not really, my city had more people die from flu this year than last....57 compared to 30 last year at this time. 
    And STILL people don't get flu shots
  • Options
    sparky_frysparky_fry Posts: 760
    Glorified version of a seasonal flu
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,152
    What’s the arena rules on gasmasks?  I’m hoping to rock one in GA.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    southpsouthp Posts: 278
    Kidding aside, i think a lot of us are of the age where we think that COVID-19 doesn't affect us. And this could be true.  However we have parents/relatives in the age group that is more at risk.  You can contract the virus and be asymptomatic, and then pass it on to those people.  We need to be mindful of the big picture.
  • Options
    davidosdavidos Posts: 471
    tick, tick, tick... any day now...
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Saltzy23 said:
    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/08/dow-futures-drop-700-points-as-all-out-oil-price-war-adds-to-coronavirus-stress.html?__source=iosappshare|com.apple.UIKit.activity.Message

I hope everyone is prepared to be broke tomorrow.

I have a feeling tomorrow is gonna be the worst day for the market so far.

Its gonna be a fucking blood bath.

Urgh.
    I’m already broke so nothing to worry about.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    JBob87JBob87 Posts: 443
    So much misinformation on here...

The big issue as I understand it is that a LOT of cases are requiring hospitalization and that cuts across ages. The death rate is low right now (excluding those at higher risk for a minute) at least in part because the severe cases requiring hospitalization are getting effective treatment.

The one potential caveat being that if a huge spike in infections were to occur it could cause a run on the medical system and the mortality rate could change based on not having enough timely care available for those severe cases. This is the reason why community spread is such a big issues and quarantines are being implemented...if you can slow the rate of new infections it eases the burden on local medical systems. 

I would expect this would be decided on a case by case basis but given the amount of national/international travelers at a PJ show I don’t see why it would be much different from a big conference or festival. I would not be surprised if news comes out this week about postponements. Hope I’m wrong.
  • Options
    ClapperClapper Toronto Posts: 206
    southp said:
    Kidding aside, i think a lot of us are of the age where we think that COVID-19 doesn't affect us. And this could be true.  However we have parents/relatives in the age group that is more at risk.  You can contract the virus and be asymptomatic, and then pass it on to those people.  We need to be mindful of the big picture.
    To bring the kidding back, the bold is incredibly important because a lot of the adults here act like they still live at home with their parents. 
    1993 - Toronto
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Barrie
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Buffalo, Toronto
    2005 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2006 - Toronto I, Toronto II
    2008 - EV solo Toronto I
    2010 - Buffalo, Newark
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Chicago, Buffalo, Brooklyn I, Brooklyn II, Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II
    2014 - Detroit
    2016 - Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II, New York I, New York II, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2018 - Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,143
    My Corona(virus)....sung to the tune of My Sharona
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    scotterbsscotterbs Posts: 32
    southp said:
    This^.

I'm not trying to endanger any elders or those with weak immune systems just so I can see a concert. 
  • Options
    My Corona(virus)....sung to the tune of My Sharona
    Hey! You're off track! Are we now branching into ALL bands? lol
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    JBob87 said:
    So much misinformation on here...

The big issue as I understand it is that a LOT of cases are requiring hospitalization and that cuts across ages. The death rate is low right now (excluding those at higher risk for a minute) at least in part because the severe cases requiring hospitalization are getting effective treatment.

The one potential caveat being that if a huge spike in infections were to occur it could cause a run on the medical system and the mortality rate could change based on not having enough timely care available for those severe cases. This is the reason why community spread is such a big issues and quarantines are being implemented...if you can slow the rate of new infections it eases the burden on local medical systems. 

I would expect this would be decided on a case by case basis but given the amount of national/international travelers at a PJ show I don’t see why it would be much different from a big conference or festival. I would not be surprised if news comes out this week about postponements. Hope I’m wrong.
    This is exactly it. The band will also have to strongly consider whether they want to cross the border into Canada next week. It's not that the risk of exposure is high..in fact it's quite low...but the risk of getting stuck in a quarantine on the wrong side of the border is a real one. This goes for any of us who are considering travelling "internationally".
  • Options
    CO278952CO278952 Orlando, FL Posts: 1,265
    CO278952 said:
    Will be flying up from Orlando for MSG. Going on a cruise with the family for spring break in a week. Life is good! As others have said use common sense. Don’t live in fear. Hoping the best for all. Enjoy the tour!
    CO278952 said:
    Will be flying up from Orlando for MSG. Going on a cruise with the family for spring break in a week. Life is good! As others have said use common sense. Don’t live in fear. Hoping the best for all. Enjoy the tour!
    Terrible idea to go on a cruise . 
    If it gets cancelled we won’t go. Appreciate your input. 
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden
    07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa
    5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,625
    I went on a cruise a couple weeks ago.  It was great.
  • Options
    Lukin63Lukin63 Posts: 6
    Footsteps in my isolation unit
  • Options
    mattsavardmattsavard Posts: 518
    kerbjack said:
    Once you start seeing sporting events in North America being held without crowds, I think concerts are in the same boat. With the band announcing festival dates, it seems plans are status quo until we hear differently. 
    NBA has notified owners to prepare for games to be played without fans in attendance. 

Once a player tests positive, it's HIGHLY likely that entire team will be placed under quarantine and will miss ~2 weeks of games, creating massive scheduling problems. Once multiple teams are under quarantine, I expect some sort of suspension of play. Purely my theory but it's in line with standard quarantine procedures that we've seen thus far. 
    Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement. 
  • Options
    Lukin63 said:
    Footsteps in my isolation unit
    good one!!
  • Options
    sj9966sj9966 UK Posts: 55
    The 2009 Swine Flu pandemic peaked at 110000 cases here in the UK in July of that year and then peaked again at 80,000 cases in October. Nothing was cancelled, sporting events, festivals or anything of the like. Life went on without the mass hysteria that is surrounding this current virus.

Scranton 1992, Manchester 1 2012, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Wrigley 1 2016, Amsterdam 1 2018, Prague 2018, London 2 2018, EV Madrid 2019, Hyde Park 1 2022, Hyde Park 2 2022

• Options
    scotterbsscotterbs Posts: 32
    sj9966 said:
    The 2009 Swine Flu pandemic peaked at 110000 cases here in the UK in July of that year and then peaked again at 80,000 cases in October. Nothing was cancelled, sporting events, festivals or anything of the like. Life went on without the mass hysteria that is surrounding this current virus.
    JBFC, it's not the same. 
This discussion has been closed.