JimmyV said:
    PJ N DC said:
    JimmyV said:
    PJ N DC said:
    PJ N DC said:
    ComeToTX said:
    PJ N DC said:
    sj9966 said:
    The 2009 Swine Flu pandemic peaked at 110000 cases here in the UK in July of that year and then peaked again at 80,000 cases in October. Nothing was cancelled, sporting events, festivals or anything of the like. Life went on without the mass hysteria that is surrounding this current virus.
    the MAIN difference in this country is different administrations in charge.....current admin has NO clue about how to manage this and the Obama admin had a cohesive plan.
    What needs to be done to "manage this" and what "cohesive plan" should be put into place? Very easy to point fingers.
    We knew this was coming for 2 months.  They should have started mass producing tests in January.  There is no excuse for where we are with tests today.
    The tests are only effective for the people that take them.  83% infected with the virus don't even seek medical attention.  What good is a test for the majority of folks that will treat this as a respiratory illness and not even consider being tested? 
    If they aren't tested, how do we have know they had it? This doesn't make sense.
    You can have all types of illnesses that go untested.  You do not have to go to a doctor to make an illness official.  What I was trying to state was that people will treat this as an illness on their own (not knowing it is corona and hence will not be tested).
    And what we are saying is that if we don't know how many people are infected we cannot determine how many 83% even is, nevermind what they may or may not do. 
    These are all fluid numbers and many are estimates as there is a large population that may be affected and never be reported.  Bottom line is there is no reason to stop living or cancelling events.  If you think postponements and cancellations should occur, then why have they not happened for a bigger epidemic (FLU)?  

Source CDC:
    The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates that so far this season, there have been at least 15 million flu illnesses for the 2019-2020 season, 140,000 hospitalizations and 8,200 deaths in the U.S.
    I think tossing out random stats that cannot be verified is reckless. That's my point. We have no idea how many people 83% is, will be, where they are, who they are, etc. Pretending otherwise serves no purpose other than to misinform. 
    Not a random stat.......why aren't all public activities being postponed due to the Flu?  Why isn't the media covering the Flu? Where is the thread on the board because of the Flu?

Source CDC:
    The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates that so far this season, there have been at least 15 million flu illnesses for the 2019-2020 season, 140,000 hospitalizations and 8,200 deaths in the U.S.
    You are trying to deflect. How many is 83% Who and where are they? Check back with your source and let us know. 
    Not trying to deflect at all.  Please explain to me why you are not more concerned with a virus that has 15 million reported cases and 8,200 reported deaths in the US??? Where the CV has 580 reported cases and 22 reported deaths in the US.  The numbers don't lie and the media is at fault. 
    You are arguing a point that I didn't make while refusing to address the question I have asked you repeatedly. How many people is 83%?
    Here is your answer...83% of the 105,860 reported globally is 87,863. These 87,863 did not require any medical attention after diagnosis.  This was the factual numbers the doctor used in his report. Now that I answered your question are you going to start a Flu thread asking for isolation, nationwide testing, cancellations, etc.??
    We aren't talking about the Flu. We are talking about Corona. How many people is 83% of the infected population? 
    I am not sure if you are unable to comprehend or if there is a reading issue. The numbers I provided are CV19 numbers NOT Flu numbers. The answer to your question was; 87,863 confirmed CV19 cases worldwide did not require medical attention.   
    Dude, you repeatedly tried to shift the discussion to the flu, questioning whether I would start a thread about it despite my never making any point about the flu. 

Confirmed cases of CV19, but we have no idea how many people actually have the disease. 83% sounds good but means nothing. Neither you nor I nor that doctor know how many people that is right now, nevermind in a week or a month. That (again) is my point.  

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    mace1229 said:
    myoung321 said:
    mace1229 said:
    Joostone said:
    Cause the flu doesnt kill 3-4% of the infected (the flu kills about 0.1% of the infected)
    I don't get why that matters. The flu will infect more and will kill more than the corona virus. It seems to cast a bigger net, even if only 0.1% die from it, you still have a bigger chance of getting sick from the flu and dying from the flu. If I come down with a new rare disease and am the only known case, and I die from it, should that start a world panic because it has 100% fatality rate? Of course not. From all the data we have so far, corona may kill 3%, but it is going infect far less and in the end kill far less people.
    You don't get why? Your own math in that post says way... 3%  If only 1 of 3 of Americans get the virus then that equals 3 million deaths at 3% 
    No it doesn't.
    There is zero indication that the number infected will even come close to 20 million, or that the number died will be close to 20,000.. SO we're talking about corona killing 3% of several thousands infected, or the flu killing 0.1% of 20 million infected. I still consider the flu to be a bigger concern this year.
    Maybe in future seasons corona will spread more, but as far as this year, the flu is the bigger risk.
    Based on what? We don't know either way...That's the point! This virus is still mutating. It could go away or it could get worse. We simply have no historical reference with this virus..   Read up on the 1918-19 pandemic and how the numbers looked at different points during the pandemic.  Damn near identical at this point.. 
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• dresi_4dresi_4 Posts: 92
    GR280729 said:
    ....and people can transmit it when they are asymptomatic...

Not confirmed at all.

“Both COVID-19 and influenza cause respiratory disease and spread the same way, via small droplets of fluid from the nose and mouth of someone who is sick,” he said. “However… COVID-19 does not transmit as efficiently as influenza, from the data we have so far. With influenza, people who are infected but not yet sick are major drivers of transmission, which does not appear to be the case for COVID-19.”

While media reports have widely circulated fears that asymptomatic people are silently spreading COVID-19 around communities and countries, there is little data to back that up. In fact, asymptomatic cases appear rare and potentially misclassified.

Dr. Tedros noted that only 1 percent of cases in China are reported as “asymptomatic.” And of that 1 percent, 75 percent do go on to develop symptoms.

For COVID-19, the data indicates that people coughing and sneezing are the biggest drivers of the spread of SARS-CoV-2. Moreover, the thrust of the epidemic in China has been from the spread of the virus through households and close contacts, not unconnected community members."

https://arstechnica.com/science/2020/03/dont-panic-the-comprehensive-ars-technica-guide-to-the-coronavirus/ 

2014 Vienna
    2018 Prague, Krakow
    2022 Krakow, Prague
  • sxwxgirl1sxwxgirl1 Posts: 63
    Not that anyone cares but we just had our first Canadian death from Covid19.  In BC..  The issue was brought up about the fluid border with Washington State.  Health Minister said "if you have a sniffle, scratchy throat, even a slight cough, just stay home"  Hopefully if the concerts do go ahead as planned, people will take this common sense approach, however I have my doubts..
  • PJ N DCPJ N DC Posts: 184
    scotterbs said:
    Joostone said:
    Cause the flu doesn't kill 3-4% of the infected (the flu kills about 0.1% of the infected)
    PJ N DC, take note^^^. I'll let you do the math, so get your calculator out and plug in what 4% of 29,000,000 infected with flu would be. We'll wait patiently. 

source note for 29M estimated infected in 2019-2020 w/ influenza: https://www.mdmag.com/medical-news/flu-cases-near-30-million-in-the-us-cdc-reports

This is all based on an assumption it gets to 29 Million.  My calculator does not calculate assumptions. CV is currently at 110k...hit me back when it hits 1 Million.  Until then keep spreading the fear. 
    92 - (Lollapalooza)
    96 - Columbia,MD
    98 - VA Beach
    00 - VA Beach, Columbia, MD
    03 - Pittsburgh, State College, Bristow, VA, Scranton
    05 - St. Johns, Newfoundland, Pittsburgh, Newark, The Vic
    08 - Washington, DC (EV Solo), VA Beach, Washington, DC
    09 - Philadelphia (EV Solo) & Philadelphia (Spectrum Shows)
    10 - Bristow
    12 - Philadelphia (Made in America Festival)
    13 - Wrigley Field, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Charlottesville, Charlotte
    14 - St. Louis, MO
    16 - Hampton, VA, Philadelphia 2, New York City 1&2
    18 - Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
    22 - LA 1 & LA 2, Hamilton, ON, Toronto, Nashville, TN
    23 - Ft. Worth 1 & Ft. Worth 2, Austin 1 & Austin 2
    24 - LA 1 & LA 2, MSG 1, Philadelphia 2, Baltimore 
  • JBob87JBob87 Posts: 457
    mace1229 said:
    Joostone said:
    Cause the flu doesnt kill 3-4% of the infected (the flu kills about 0.1% of the infected)
    I don't get why that matters. The flu will infect more and will kill more than the corona virus. It seems to cast a bigger net, even if only 0.1% die from it, you still have a bigger chance of getting sick from the flu and dying from the flu. If I come down with a new rare disease and am the only known case, and I die from it, should that start a world panic because it has 100% fatality rate? Of course not. From all the data we have so far, corona may kill 3%, but it is going infect far less and in the end kill far less people.
    According to what? They aren’t even testing enough to make that decision in the US right now. 
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,257
    myoung321 said:
    mace1229 said:
    myoung321 said:
    mace1229 said:
    Joostone said:
    You don't get why? Your own math in that post says way... 3%  If only 1 of 3 of Americans get the virus then that equals 3 million deaths at 3% 
    No it doesn't.
    There is zero indication that the number infected will even come close to 20 million, or that the number died will be close to 20,000.. SO we're talking about corona killing 3% of several thousands infected, or the flu killing 0.1% of 20 million infected. I still consider the flu to be a bigger concern this year.
    Maybe in future seasons corona will spread more, but as far as this year, the flu is the bigger risk.
    Based on what? We don't know either way...That's the point! This virus is still mutating. It could go away or it could get worse. We simply have no historical reference with this virus..   Read up on the 1918-19 pandemic and how the numbers looked at different points during the pandemic.  Damn near identical at this point.. 
    I admit this is my opinion. But it seems to make the most common sense to not be as worried. I am skeptical of the numbers in China, but they would have to be off by 100 fold to even match our numbers for the flu. I just don't see that as the case. Even in places like Italy the flu is still spreading faster than corona. There are thousands of new cases of the flu every day that go ignored. But we started talking about canceling NCAA when the first case showed up here.
  • YAKIMATSUYAKIMATSU Santa Fe Posts: 837
    After the heavy emotional response from roskilde, I can't believe that this band would even consider ever endangering their fans again. The spring tour seems destined for postponement or cancellation. Or maybe,  pearl jam is not what I thought they were. 
    Soldier Field 7-11-95, Alpine Valley 6-26-98, United Center 6-29-98, Riverport Amphitheater (St. Louis)7-2-98, MGM Grand Arena 10-22-00, Sprint Center (Kansas City)5-3-10, Adams Event Center (Missoula)9-30-12, Wrigley Field 7-19-13, Jobing.com Arena (Phoenix)11-19-13, Moda Center (Portland)11-29-13, Spokane Arena 11-30-13, Pepsi Center (Denver)10-22-14, Gila River Arena (Phoenix)5-9-22, Moody Center (Austin)9-18-23, Moody Center 9-19-23, Rogers Arena (Vancouver)5-4-24, Rogers Arena 5-6-24, MGM Grand 5-16-24, MGM Grand 5-18-24, Wrigley Field 8-29-24, Wrigley Field 8-31-24
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    PJ N DC said:
    scotterbs said:
    Joostone said:
    Cause the flu doesn't kill 3-4% of the infected (the flu kills about 0.1% of the infected)
    PJ N DC, take note^^^. I'll let you do the math, so get your calculator out and plug in what 4% of 29,000,000 infected with flu would be. We'll wait patiently. 

source note for 29M estimated infected in 2019-2020 w/ influenza: https://www.mdmag.com/medical-news/flu-cases-near-30-million-in-the-us-cdc-reports

This is all based on an assumption it gets to 29 Million.  My calculator does not calculate assumptions. CV is currently at 110k...hit me back when it hits 1 Million.  Until then keep spreading the fear. 
    "My calculator does not calculate assumptions. CV is currently at 110k"

- Guy who is assuming this is still true 

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,650
    YAKIMATSU said:
    After the heavy emotional response from roskilde, I can't believe that this band would even consider ever endangering their fans again. 
    Apples meet oranges.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    JimmyV said:
    PJ N DC said:
    JimmyV said:
    PJ N DC said:
    JimmyV said:
    PJ N DC said:
    JimmyV said:
    PJ N DC said:
    JimmyV said:
    PJ N DC said:
    JimmyV said:
    PJ N DC said:
    PJ N DC said:
    ComeToTX said:
    PJ N DC said:
    sj9966 said:
    The 2009 Swine Flu pandemic peaked at 110000 cases here in the UK in July of that year and then peaked again at 80,000 cases in October. Nothing was cancelled, sporting events, festivals or anything of the like. Life went on without the mass hysteria that is surrounding this current virus.
    the MAIN difference in this country is different administrations in charge.....current admin has NO clue about how to manage this and the Obama admin had a cohesive plan.
    What needs to be done to "manage this" and what "cohesive plan" should be put into place? Very easy to point fingers.
    We knew this was coming for 2 months.  They should have started mass producing tests in January.  There is no excuse for where we are with tests today.
    The tests are only effective for the people that take them.  83% infected with the virus don't even seek medical attention.  What good is a test for the majority of folks that will treat this as a respiratory illness and not even consider being tested? 
    If they aren't tested, how do we have know they had it? This doesn't make sense.
    You can have all types of illnesses that go untested.  You do not have to go to a doctor to make an illness official.  What I was trying to state was that people will treat this as an illness on their own (not knowing it is corona and hence will not be tested).
    And what we are saying is that if we don't know how many people are infected we cannot determine how many 83% even is, nevermind what they may or may not do. 
    These are all fluid numbers and many are estimates as there is a large population that may be affected and never be reported.  Bottom line is there is no reason to stop living or cancelling events.  If you think postponements and cancellations should occur, then why have they not happened for a bigger epidemic (FLU)?  

Source CDC:
    I think tossing out random stats that cannot be verified is reckless. That's my point. We have no idea how many people 83% is, will be, where they are, who they are, etc. Pretending otherwise serves no purpose other than to misinform. 
    Not a random stat.......why aren't all public activities being postponed due to the Flu?  Why isn't the media covering the Flu? Where is the thread on the board because of the Flu?

Source CDC:
    You are trying to deflect. How many is 83% Who and where are they? Check back with your source and let us know. 
    Not trying to deflect at all.  Please explain to me why you are not more concerned with a virus that has 15 million reported cases and 8,200 reported deaths in the US??? Where the CV has 580 reported cases and 22 reported deaths in the US.  The numbers don't lie and the media is at fault. 
    You are arguing a point that I didn't make while refusing to address the question I have asked you repeatedly. How many people is 83%?
    Here is your answer...83% of the 105,860 reported globally is 87,863. These 87,863 did not require any medical attention after diagnosis.  This was the factual numbers the doctor used in his report. Now that I answered your question are you going to start a Flu thread asking for isolation, nationwide testing, cancellations, etc.??
    We aren't talking about the Flu. We are talking about Corona. How many people is 83% of the infected population? 
    I am not sure if you are unable to comprehend or if there is a reading issue. The numbers I provided are CV19 numbers NOT Flu numbers. The answer to your question was; 87,863 confirmed CV19 cases worldwide did not require medical attention.   
    Dude, you repeatedly tried to shift the discussion to the flu, questioning whether I would start a thread about it despite my never making any point about the flu. 

Confirmed cases of CV19, but we have no idea how many people actually have the disease. 83% sounds good but means nothing. Neither you nor I nor that doctor know how many people that is right now, nevermind in a week or a month. That (again) is my point.  
    Dude...I was not trying to shift the conversation to the Flu. I was simply taking 2 viruses as a comparison to document the facts. The fears and dialogue of CV19 is unwarranted.  If you feel it is in fact a major concern,  then you are a hypocrite not to have the same or bigger concerns about the Flu which is far more widespread and deadly than CV19. I know that doesn't fit your narrative (much like the media). Keep spreading the fear Dude.
    92 - (Lollapalooza)
    96 - Columbia,MD
    98 - VA Beach
    10 - Bristow
    14 - St. Louis, MO
    YAKIMATSU said:
    After the heavy emotional response from roskilde, I can't believe that this band would even consider ever endangering their fans again. The spring tour seems destined for postponement or cancellation. Or maybe,  pearl jam is not what I thought they were. 
    Or maybe the two scenarios aren't the same at all?

JimmyV said:
    PJ N DC said:
    scotterbs said:
    Joostone said:

"My calculator does not calculate assumptions. CV is currently at 110k"

- Guy who is assuming this is still true 
    My bad.....your right. It is probably 111k by now. Yawn!  Dude, when you posting your tickets on F2F?
    92 - (Lollapalooza)
    96 - Columbia,MD
    98 - VA Beach
    10 - Bristow
    14 - St. Louis, MO
    PJ N DC said:
    JimmyV said:
    PJ N DC said:
    JimmyV said:
    PJ N DC said:
    JimmyV said:
    PJ N DC said:
    JimmyV said:
    PJ N DC said:
    JimmyV said:
    PJ N DC said:
    JimmyV said:
    PJ N DC said:
    PJ N DC said:
    ComeToTX said:
    PJ N DC said:
    sj9966 said:

Source CDC:

Source CDC:

Dude...I was not trying to shift the conversation to the Flu. I was simply taking 2 viruses as a comparison to document the facts. The fears and dialogue of CV19 is unwarranted.  If you feel it is in fact a major concern,  then you are a hypocrite not to have the same or bigger concerns about the Flu which is far more widespread and deadly than CV19. I know that doesn't fit your narrative (much like the media). Keep spreading the fear Dude.
    You were trying to deflect to a discussion of the flu and you continue to do so. Your words clearly prove that. I get it, that is an easier argument for you to make. 

• Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,807
    edited March 2020
    YAKIMATSU said:

Oh come on now...  I’m done with this thread.  See you guys next week in Canada.
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    PJ N DC said:
    scotterbs said:
    Joostone said:

Willful ignorance going on here, or intentional obfuscation. There were 0 confirmed cases in WA state a few of weeks ago. Now in my county alone we have about 80 confirmed cases and almost 20 dead from it. So this is a real thing happening here, not just some theoretical game you seem to be playing. We also have NO vaccine. We have NO antiviral treatment for it. We have NO experience or history with this. We are only now beginning to test, and still don't have numbers of kits to meet demand. We get it, you don't give a shit if you get it and spread it around, because it is pretty likely it wouldn't negatively affect you. Fuck everyone else, amirite?
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,867
    jeffbr said:
    PJ N DC said:
    scotterbs said:
    Joostone said:

Willful ignorance going on here, or intentional obfuscation. There were 0 confirmed cases in WA state a few of weeks ago. Now in my county alone we have about 80 confirmed cases and almost 20 dead from it. So this is a real thing happening here, not just some theoretical game you seem to be playing. We also have NO vaccine. We have NO antiviral treatment for it. We have NO experience or history with this. We are only now beginning to test, and still don't have numbers of kits to meet demand. We get it, you don't give a shit if you get it and spread it around, because it is pretty likely it wouldn't negatively affect you. Fuck everyone else, amirite?
    +1
  • SS209208SS209208 Posts: 9
    YAKIMATSU said:

I agree, I find it hard to believe the state of play in New York and the possibility of international travelers the band must be weighting this. 
  • My Corona(virus)....sung to the tune of My Sharona

• mattsavardmattsavard Posts: 518
    PJ N DC said:
    Remember H1N1 in spring of 2009? That started here in US and most affected younger people that didn't have some of the anitbodies that we "older"  folks might have had.

This is not even close to the same virus. H1N1 didn't send 10-15% of patients to the ICU due to Respiratory / Organ failure. 

PJ N DC said:

This is absolutely false. Please provide a source or stop spreading mistruths. 
    Source: Dr. Robert Murphy, Executive Director of the Institute for Global Health
    "The one thing we really don't need is mass hysteria," said Dr. Robert Murphy, executive director of the Institute for Global Health at the Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine and an infectious diseases professor. "83 percent of people have such minor symptoms, they don't actually require any medical care at all. The 17 percent who do feel quite ill need to be evaluated, and some of them will require hospitalization and some of them will require intensive care."

Seems like an odd thing to misquote deliberately: 
    ACTUAL quote 
    "Eighty percent of people have such minor symptoms, they don't actually require any medical care at all. The 20 percent who do feel quite ill need to be evaluated, and some of them will require hospitalization and some of them will require intensive care."

Also, his numbers don't hive with the WHO and other reports. 
    Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement. 
  • jimjam1982jimjam1982 Posts: 1,398
    South Korea ne case numbers are plummeting. That's 2 countries in a row where it first started. Get a 3rd country and you have a PATTERN. This disease, while communicable, is again, not going to end humankind or put millions in danger. It doesnt even appear sustainable for long periods.

I for one am rooting against this virus and hope to see Italy's announcement of decreasing new cases in the coming week or two. If you are rooting for the virus so you can be "right" just get some help

95% show goes on.
  • mattsavardmattsavard Posts: 518
    Anyone counting on Ticketmaster's insurance policy (Thru Allianz) is going to be disappointed: 

"*Note that viruses that are considered an "epidemic", including the Coronavirus, are not covered under this policy."

Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement. 
  • Mike D88Mike D88 Posts: 723
    edited March 2020
    PJ N DC said:
    2002: West Nile Virus....going to kill us
    2003: SARS....going to kill us
    2005: Bird Flu....going to kill us
    2006: E.Coli....going to kill us
    2009: Swine Flu....going to kill us
    2014: Ebola...going to kill us
    2016: Zika Virus....going to kill us
    2019: Measles....going to kill us
    2020: Coronavirus....going to kill us

See a recurring trend? What "action" are you hoping to see "quickly?" 
    Digging this shit up from upthread because it's such a bad take and shooting it down cuts to the heart of these garbage self-assurances.

The recurring trend that was broken with the last item on your list is containment. Containing the spread of each of those other infectious agents were colossal undertakings, sometimes made at great sacrifice, that largely took place well away from your eyes (Except the mosquito borne illnesses, WNV and Zika. No one contained those, but they can't spread person to person easily).

That critical containment step didn't happen here. SARS-CoV2 is undergoing unmonitored, unfettered community spread throughout the United States.
    Post edited by Mike D88 on
    i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    2008 Tampa - 2013 Buffalo - 2016 Tampa - 2016 Fenway II
    Audioslave 2005 MSG
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,650
    South Korea ne case numbers are plummeting. That's 2 countries in a row where it first started. Get a 3rd country and you have a PATTERN. This disease, while communicable, is again, not going to end humankind or put millions in danger. It doesnt even appear sustainable for long periods.

I for one am rooting against this virus and hope to see Italy's announcement of decreasing new cases in the coming week or two. If you are rooting for the virus so you can be "right" just get some help

95% show goes on.
    Well, lets be realistic, those 2 countries took drastic steps to slow the spread. They may not be clear indications that the virus has a short shelf life.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • scotterbsscotterbs Posts: 32
    jeffbr has a handle on this. Cheers.

And PJ N DC is making up numbers to validate his bullshit argument? Shocked I tell you. :disappointed:
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
     scotterbs said:
    jeffbr has a handle on this. Cheers.

And PJ N DC is making up numbers to validate his bullshit argument? Shocked I tell you. :disappointed:
    My scorecard reads the same...;)
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

JimmyV said:
    PJ N DC said:
    JimmyV said:
    PJ N DC said:
    JimmyV said:
    PJ N DC said:
    JimmyV said:
    PJ N DC said:
    JimmyV said:
    PJ N DC said:
    JimmyV said:
    PJ N DC said:
    JimmyV said:
    PJ N DC said:
    PJ N DC said:
    ComeToTX said:
    PJ N DC said:
    sj9966 said:

Source CDC:

Source CDC:

You were trying to deflect to a discussion of the flu and you continue to do so. Your words clearly prove that. I get it, that is an easier argument for you to make. 
    This is how it started....NOT a deflection....NOT creating and easier argument.  This was a comparison as I clearly stated of 2 viruses. The point was you are hypocritical to label CV19 any different than the Flu.  The statistics were used as an example to back my claim not to change the argument.  My argument was not against the CV19 concerns rather it was pointing out your ignorance/hypocritical narrative that you are presenting.  

JimmyV said:

Source CDC:
    92 - (Lollapalooza)
    96 - Columbia,MD
    98 - VA Beach
    10 - Bristow
    14 - St. Louis, MO
    PJ N DC said:
    JimmyV said:
    PJ N DC said:
    JimmyV said:
    PJ N DC said:
    JimmyV said:
    PJ N DC said:
    JimmyV said:
    PJ N DC said:
    JimmyV said:
    PJ N DC said:
    JimmyV said:
    PJ N DC said:
    JimmyV said:
    PJ N DC said:
    PJ N DC said:
    ComeToTX said:
    PJ N DC said:
    sj9966 said:

Source CDC:

Source CDC:

This is how it started....NOT a deflection....NOT creating and easier argument.  This was a comparison as I clearly stated of 2 viruses. The point was you are hypocritical to label CV19 any different than the Flu.  The statistics were used as an example to back my claim not to change the argument.  My argument was not against the CV19 concerns rather it was pointing out your ignorance/hypocritical narrative that you are presenting.  

JimmyV said:

Source CDC:
    Again with the flu. 

This discussion has been closed.