CoVid19 Virus : Impact on PJ Spring & Summer Tours

Comments

• Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,350
    The 2022 'We all live in underground bunkers now that the Earth is uninhabitable' PJ tour is gonna be epic.

The screech of McCready's guitar off the 12' concrete walls is gonna be insane. 
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Posts: 3,462
    Saltzy23 said:
    The 2022 'We all live in underground bunkers now that the Earth is uninhabitable' PJ tour is gonna be epic.

The screech of McCready's guitar off the 12' concrete walls is gonna be insane. 
    I hope they’ll have live-streams then!
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,642
    The virus is already dying out. China has reported significant decreases. As outbreaks continue in 1st world free countries and more tests are conducted the death rate will plummet due to quality healthcare.

No plans to cancel major events in april such as coachella, nfl draft, country thunder. The band is on social media actively promoting sales and Breakfast was upgraded to be with both stone and mike!

If you are afraid just F2F and move on. Stop fear mongering
    FAKE NEWS! You sound like you listen to the orange menace who says "the tests are beautiful" and "everyone will get one"....virus is not dying out at all. And with more testing you'll find out more people that are positive, people without symptoms can spread the virus. 
    Coachella is going on as of now since the Riverside County Public Health MD has no cases in the county as of now. AS OF NOW....
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,838
    The virus is already dying out. China has reported significant decreases. As outbreaks continue in 1st world free countries and more tests are conducted the death rate will plummet due to quality healthcare.

No plans to cancel major events in april such as coachella, nfl draft, country thunder. The band is on social media actively promoting sales and Breakfast was upgraded to be with both stone and mike!

More false information, u gotta stop. You have no idea what you are talking about.
    Yeah.  Clueless.  Don’t even bother.  No one is fear mongering.   We are seeing cancellations of big events that this person seems to ignore.
  • elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,367
    MF117973 said:
    Amtrak just cancelled their nonstop Acela trains between NYC and DC until May. If they cancel more trains, car rental places will be booming. 
    Canceled because of lack of demand for service. Big difference from canceled because of fear of spreading the virus. Both bad for business but there is a difference.
  • RK50065RK50065 Posts: 897
    mcgruff10 said:
    hsohi said:
    So nice to hear from the band on this topic...thx.
    Did I miss something or sarcasm?
    I can only assume sarcasm. But, for once, what is the band supposed to say? We are monitoring the situation, stand by?!?
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,268
    MD190661 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    No matter what happens from here, I think we can all agree that this whole thing is sucking a lot of the excitement away from these shows.  

Instead of counting down the final couple of weeks until we get to see PJ we're all just bickering over the severity of this thing, chewing our finger nails praying we just get to see shows, and watching our retirement savings and net worth take a fat shit.

This blooooooows.

Agreed. Even if they don't get cancelled, are you really going to be excited to see a show knowing a person next to you could be in the ER the next day or be worried he might sneeze on you? 
    Yes
  • TH113769TH113769 Posts: 439
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    No matter what happens from here, I think we can all agree that this whole thing is sucking a lot of the excitement away from these shows.  

Instead of counting down the final couple of weeks until we get to see PJ we're all just bickering over the severity of this thing, chewing our finger nails praying we just get to see shows, and watching our retirement savings and net worth take a fat shit.

This blooooooows.

100%  
    My wife said to me, "I hope they just cancel so it takes the decision out of our hands" I was so excited a couple weeks ago, securing the airbnb and mapping out some places to go, but now........I don't know.  24 days to think about it I guess, lol
    You and me both dude.  I have tickets to 7 shows, across 6 cites/countries between now and July.  Spent I dunno how many hours planning and coordinating already.  Outside of a few things you can't even buy tickets for yet like the Anne Frank House and Aucshwitz tours, I am completely done.  Assuming these shows go on, i could basically tell you where I am gonna be at any moment of any day between 3/26 and 3/30, and the entire 2 week span of 7/12-7/23.  Tickets, hotels, AirBnB's, flights, tours, even fucking rental cars....everything entered with OCD level of detail into online itineraries.  

For one, even if I/we get to recoup some of the money laid out, there is no way we will get 100% back.  Not to mention the INSANE pain in the ass you know it's gonna be to unwind the tapes of these trips if we have to. Waiting on hold forever, hoping your CC will reimburse you if the vendor won't.  All to maybe just have to do it all over again in the other direction if it gets rescheduled.  I mean, I probably have like 50 little individual reservations and stops all figured out here, and the thought of having to possibly unwind them all and redo it over again makes me feel like I have this goddamn bug already,

I'm in the same situation - 15 shows in 4 different states and 6 different European countries.  It is going to be insane to try to unwind all the travel plans.  Maybe I'm just too optimistic about this virus not being as doomsday as some people think it is.  I feel for those that could be impacted, which could include some of my family members I suppose, but things are turning in China and the mortality rate will be much, much lower than is being reported now for a variety of reasons.  People are too resilient to just lock themselves inside - that's not the solution.  Take caution and live life.  I will be at 2 sporting events today with a combined 20k people and I am not worried .000001% about Covid 19.    
    92 - Phoenix; 93 - Mesa; 95 - Phoenix; 98 - Phoenix; 2000- Phoenix; 2003 - San Diego, Las Vegas, Phoenix; 2006 - Denver 1, Denver 2, Las Vegas, San Diego;  2009 - Chicago 1, Chicago 2, San Diego; 2013 - Phoenix, San Diego, LA 1, LA 2, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle; 2014 - Detroit, Moline, Milwaukee, Denver; 2016 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 and 2; 2018 - Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London1, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Werchter, Barca, Missoula, Chicago 1&2, Boston 1&2.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,268

FAKE NEWS! You sound like you listen to the orange menace who says "the tests are beautiful" and "everyone will get one"....virus is not dying out at all. And with more testing you'll find out more people that are positive, people without symptoms can spread the virus. 
    Coachella is going on as of now since the Riverside County Public Health MD has no cases in the county as of now. AS OF NOW....
    This morning they said China has more people recovering than being infected. Assuming you believe China’s numbers, that means it’s getting better.
  • O_G_DO_G_D Posts: 542
    1. Toronto, Ontario 09-21-1996 (MAPLE LEAF GARDENS)
    2. Barrie, Ontario 08-22-1998 (MOLSON PARK)
    3. Toronto, Ontario 10-05-2000 (AIR CANADA CENTRE)
    4. Toronto, Ontario 06-28-2003 (MOLSON AMPHITHEATRE)
    5. Boston, Massachusetts 09-28-2004 FLEET CENTER (NOW TD GARDEN) VFC TOUR
    6. Boston, Massachusetts 09-28-2004 FLEET CENTER (NOW TD GARDEN) VFC TOUR
    7. Hamilton, Ontario 09-13-2005 (COPPS COLISEUM)
    8. Toronto, Ontario 09-19-2005 (AIR CANADA CENTRE)
    9. St. Johns, Newfoundland 09-24-2005 (MILE ONE)
    10. St. Johns, Newfoundland 09-25-2005 (MILE ONE)
    11. Toronto, Ontario 05-09-2006 (AIR CANADA CENTRE)
    12. Toronto, Ontario 05-09-2006 (AIR CANADA CENTRE)
    13. Sydney, Australia 11-07-2006 (ACER ARENA)
    14. Sydney, Australia 11-08-2006 (ACER ARENA)
    15. Melbourne, Australia 11-13-2006 (ROD LAVER ARENA)
    16. Melbourne, Australia 11-14-2006 (ROD LAVER ARENA)
    17. Adelaide, Australia 11-21-2006 (ADELAIDE ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE)
    18. Adelaide, Australia 11-22-2006 (ADELAIDE ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE)
    19. Perth, Australia 11-25-2006 (SUBIACO OVAL)
    20. New York, New York 06-24-2008 (MADISON SQUARE GARDEN)
    21. New York, New York 06-25-2008 (MADISON SQUARE GARDEN)
    22. Toronto, Ontario 08-21-2009 (MOLSON AMPITHEATRE)
    23. Buffalo, New York 05-10-2010 (HSBC ARENA)
    24. Toronto, Ontario 09-11-2011 (AIR CANADA CENTRE)
    25. Toronto, Ontario 09-12-2011 (AIR CANADA CENTRE)
    26. Hamilton, Ontario 09-15-2011 (COPPS COLISEUM)
    27. London, Ontario 07-16-2013 (BUDWEISER GARDENS)
    28. Buffalo, New York 10-12-2013 (FIRST NIAGARA CENTER) FORMERLY HSBC ARENA
    29. Detroit, Michigan 10-16-2014 (JOE LOUIS ARENA)
    30. Ottawa, Ontario 5-8-2016 (CANADIAN TIRE CENTRE)
    31. Toronto, Ontario 5-10-2016 (AIR CANADA CENTRE)
    32. Toronto, Ontario 5-12-2016 (AIR CANADA CENTRE)

• Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,350
    edited March 2020
    This virus is a 2.5 on the freak out scale based on its severity and number of impacted people globally, and everyone is acting like it's a fucking 8.

That is what a lot of people are getting angry and agitated over.  Of course it's an actual thing, but I mean for Christ's sakes....chill the fuck out.

What are some of these people gonna do if God forbid there ever is a global event that has actually does have a good chance of taking them out if they are this freaking out this much over this?
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • jhager79jhager79 Posts: 246
    IIHF Just canceled the women's world hockey championships scheduled for end of March in Nova Scotia. 

[img][/img]Kitchener2005
    Toronto 2003
    Toronto 2000
    Barrie 1998
    Toronto 1993
    London 2005

Toronto 2006 May 9/10
    Toronto 2009
    Toronto Sept 11/12 2011
    London 2013
    Detroit 2014
    Toronto 2016 May 10/12
    Chicago 2018 N2
    "No matter how cold the winter, there's a springtime ahead"
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,949
    mace1229 said:

This morning they said China has more people recovering than being infected. Assuming you believe China’s numbers, that means it’s getting better.
    1. I don’t believe China.
    2. U.S. numbers are rising.

Just facts. 
  • JP218404JP218404 Posts: 1,407
    edited March 2020
    The NBA is already having discussions about playing games without a crowd. If they pull that trigger, the arenas that they play in gonna have a tough time having any events in them. 

Will that happen? I doubt it but ya never know 
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
    At this point I am preparing for the bad news.  I've almost pretty much accepted it in my mind.  I will be completely disappointed but I will totally get and understand why.  I'll truly be shocked if their are not any repercussions for some or all of the shows as things stand currently and seem to be progressing.

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,398
    I don't see why they can't postpone the tour just to err on the side of caution.  Let this virus work itself out and come out rocking twice as hard.  No concert is worth endangering someone else's life.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • MelzombieMelzombie Posts: 200
    Does anyone know if American Airlines will give refunds if they cancel?
    I know Southwest does...(one of the many reasons why I always fly with them)
    first time flying AA to St. Louis.
    Yes, I'm preparing for the devastation of not seeing PJ.
  • JP218404JP218404 Posts: 1,407
    Melzombie said:
    All the airlines seem to be waving cancelations fees. Refunds? That’s another story 
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
    edited March 2020
    Melzombie said:
    I just got this email from United:
    "Before you fly
    To give you the greatest flexibility, when you book any flight with us now through March 31, you can change it for free over the next 12 months – any ticket, any fare type, any destination."
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
  • droptheleash9droptheleash9 Posts: 1,430
    mcgruff10 said:
    I don't see why they can't postpone the tour just to err on the side of caution.  Let this virus work itself out and come out rocking twice as hard.  No concert is worth endangering someone else's life.  
    Because the band is using this tour in part to promote the album. I agree with you that it’s not worth endangering someone else’s life but people in this thread are acting like catching this thing is a death sentence (it’s not unless you are elderly and have pre-existing conditions and even then it’s not guaranteed you’re a goner) and that there would he a high likelihood that someone infected will even be at the concert. Using the MSG show as an example, NY has 45 confirmed cases and has a population of almost 20 million. I’ll take those chances. Like I’ve said multiple times in this thread, I will take all the proper precautions like washing my hands regularly, staying home if I feel the slightest bit sick, and covering my mouth if i cough or sneeze but I’m also not going to live my life in fear. Could circumstances change in the coming weeks where a significant portion of the population catch it? Sure - and then my opinion might change. But in the meantime, the hysteria being spread in this thread is part of the problem.
  • MelzombieMelzombie Posts: 200
    mcgruff10 said:
    Melzombie said:
    "Before you fly
    To give you the greatest flexibility, when you book any flight with us now through March 31, you can change it for free over the next 12 months – any ticket, any fare type, any destination."
    shit. my flight for St. Louis is the day before the show in April. 
  • FiveBelowFiveBelow Posts: 1,269
    At the end of the day there is not a single one of us that has any decision making power whether or not this tour gets canceled or remains as planned. In the meantime, let’s try to focus the control we do have and not bash one another for feeling the way we do about all of this.
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,907
    Usually AA doesn’t give refunds and they charge a fee for changes.

They have added more flexibility on new bookings but not existing to my knowledge.

I have a similar situation and am just going to wait and see.  There’s no benefit to cancelling now, and they might introduce a more flexible policy.

Also sometimes if you call in and explain the reason you might get an agent who makes an exception.  Occasionally.

PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • southernmanfansouthernmanfan Posts: 1,019
    Melzombie said:
    Yeah I’m also preparing for the devastation of not seeing PJ....
    rustedsigns
  • whitepantswhitepants Posts: 727
    Pearl Jam on Twitter just posted this:

https://twitter.com/PearlJam/status/1236362227785109504

Let's get this show on the road. Only 11 more days until the start of the 2020 tour!
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,949
    Melzombie said:
    Are you certain that Southwest gives full refunds if you cancel a flight? All 3 of my flights for this tour are with Southwest, so this would be good to know. I can call them as well, obviously, but curious if you know this for fact. 
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,826

Let's get this show on the road. Only 11 more days until the start of the 2020 tour!
    This is BIG.  To me this is their way of saying "were not cancelling anything."  If the thought was even in their minds, they wouldn't be posting things like this to the official account.
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore

This is BIG.  To me this is their way of saying "were not cancelling anything."  If the thought was even in their minds, they wouldn't be posting things like this to the official account.
    This gives me hope!  I hope it all goes through without at hitch but I can't deny that this whole situation has definitely been sucking some of the air out of the room......

• Melzombie said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Melzombie said:
    "Before you fly
    This waiving of fees applies to new bookings made between March 1 and March 31, not existing reservations. The way they phrased it is very misleading. So if you were to book a trip before the end of the month, there would be no fees incurred if you were to change it at any point over the next 12 months. They are doing this because people are afraid to fly. If Toronto gets postponed, I'm very curious to see what Air Canada does for my existing flights - if not a full refund then I want a full credit that doesn't expire.
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy 2024 Indy, MSG 1&2, Philly 1&2, Baltimore

Melzombie said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Melzombie said:
    "Before you fly
    This waiving of fees applies to new bookings made between March 1 and March 31, not existing reservations. The way they phrased it is very misleading. So if you were to book a trip before the end of the month, there would be no fees incurred if you were to change it at any point over the next 12 months. They are doing this because people are afraid to fly. If Toronto gets postponed, I'm very curious to see what Air Canada does for my existing flights - if not a full refund then I want a full credit that doesn't expire.
    Great pick up on the small details. 
This discussion has been closed.