CoVid19 Virus : Impact on PJ Spring & Summer Tours

Comments

• Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,826
    Canada and the East coast shows seem to be safe... its 11 days out and many other bands are going on with their tours.  The highest risk shows definitely seem to be the California ones.
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,350
    Canada and the East coast shows seem to be safe... its 11 days out and many other bands are going on with their tours.  The highest risk shows definitely seem to be the California ones.
    Stop and think about what cancelling the MSG show would essentially mean if it gets to that point.

No Knicks or Rangers games, no other concerts, no Broadway shows I assume, no Yankees or Mets games in a few weeks, no Devils/Islanders/Nets games.  

Are we keeping the subways running or are we gonna shut them down?

I mean, what EXACTLY is the gameplan for 'cancelling' NYC (or any major city really) until this thing is figured out?

Maybe that is what I am not understanding here.

Where the fuck is everyone planning on hiding?
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,872
    I don’t even feel comfortable going to the show even if they don’t cancel. You know a bunch of dipshits who don’t give a shit about anyone but themselves will go to the shows even if they are sick as dogs. These are the people who will hurt the efforts to try and stop the spread. I love pj just as much as the next guy but not at the expense of spreading this virus and possibly hurting other people. And no. U can’t have my fuckin tickets. 
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,948
    Saltzy23 said:
    Stop and think about what cancelling the MSG show would essentially mean if it gets to that point.

No Knicks or Rangers games, no other concerts, no Broadway shows I assume, no Yankees or Mets games in a few weeks, no Devils/Islanders/Nets games.  

Are we keeping the subways running or are we gonna shut them down?

I mean, what EXACTLY is the gameplan for 'cancelling' NYC (or any major city really) until this thing is figured out?

Maybe that is what I am not understanding here.

Where the fuck is everyone planning on hiding?
    Pearl Jam could decide on their own to cancel MSG and all the rest of that stuff could roll on as planned. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Posts: 3,020
    I don’t even feel comfortable going to the show even if they don’t cancel. You know a bunch of dipshits who don’t give a shit about anyone but themselves will go to the shows even if they are sick as dogs. These are the people who will hurt the efforts to try and stop the spread. I love pj just as much as the next guy but not at the expense of spreading this virus and possibly hurting other people. And no. U can’t have my fuckin tickets. 
    It's what my mom always used to tell me about driving, "It's not you that I'm worried about. It's the other yahoos out there".  
    The point is that those very same people are also gonna be in restaurants and trains as you.  Use the same bathrooms as you do.  Touch the same door knobs and railings as you do.

This isn't like AIDS or something where you can consciously say 'Jesus, I better be careful where I stick my dick these days.' 

Unless you honestly wanna bunker up and never leave your house, based on pretty much everything I am hearing, the best thing you can do is wash your hands for 20 seconds 8,000,0000 times a day, try to not touch your face, and pray.

Again, if you live in a high density population area and this thing springs up, good luck thinking that not seeing PJ play for 3 hours is gonna keep you safe. 
  • 2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy 2024 Indy, MSG 1&2, Philly 1&2, Baltimore

• gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,642
    You don't know that....false hope....
    Saltzy23 said:
    The point is that those very same people are also gonna be in restaurants and trains as you.  Use the same bathrooms as you do.  Touch the same door knobs and railings as you do.

This isn't like AIDS or something where you can consciously say 'Jesus, I better be careful where I stick my dick these days.' 

Unless you honestly wanna bunker up and never leave your house, based on pretty much everything I am hearing, the best thing you can do is wash your hands for 20 seconds 8,000,0000 times a day, try to not touch your face, and pray.

Again, if you live in a high density population area and this thing springs up, good luck thinking that not seeing PJ play for 3 hours is gonna keep you safe. 
    You make no sense. We are talking about bring 18k people together in a tight spot for 3 hours and then  Having those same 18k people spread the virus to thousands more. It’s called being  proactive and smart. Concerts aren’t necessary they can be postponed. I love pj but they can do a live stream and people can watch remotely. Push the shows a few months and see what happens. Stop the cruises , large concerts, festivals for a month or 2 and see what happens. 
    Saltzy23 said:

You make no sense. We are talking about bring 18k people together in a tight spot for 3 hours and then  Having those same 18k people spread the virus to thousands more. It’s called being  proactive and smart. Concerts aren’t necessary they can be postponed. I love pj but they can do a live stream and people can watch remotely. Push the shows a few months and see what happens. Stop the cruises , large concerts, festivals for a month or 2 and see what happens. 
    NYC has 6 million people living on an island together.  Good luck cancelling that.
  • MD190661MD190661 Posts: 394
    Saltzy23 said:
    No matter what happens from here, I think we can all agree that this whole thing is sucking a lot of the excitement away from these shows.  

Instead of counting down the final couple of weeks until we get to see PJ we're all just bickering over the severity of this thing, chewing our finger nails praying we just get to see shows, and watching our retirement savings and net worth take a fat shit.

This blooooooows.

Agreed. Even if they don't get cancelled, are you really going to be excited to see a show knowing a person next to you could be in the ER the next day or be worried he might sneeze on you? 
    10/1/94, 6/22/95, 6/24/95, 9/16/96, 7/22/98, 10/21/01, 6/1/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 9/1/05, 7/15/06, 7/18/06, 8/28/09, 10/07/09, 10/3/12, 11/26/13, 6/18/18, 8/10/18, 5/12/22, 5/13/22, 5/13/24, 5/25/24

Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:

NYC has 6 million people living on an island together.  Good luck cancelling that.
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:

It’s hard to respond to dumb posts.
  • whitepantswhitepants Posts: 727
    Oh yes, you KNOW there will be sick mofos attending any public event show in the coming weeks/months. These selfish fucks will want to see the show/game, fuck anyone else. There's a lot of evil people in the world and no amount of safety precautions and cancelations will protect us from them.

Again, I'm glad I didn't get the GA tickets I so desperately wanted. Whew!
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
    Oh yes, you KNOW there will be sick mofos attending any public event show in the coming weeks/months. These selfish fucks will want to see the show/game, fuck anyone else. There's a lot of evil people in the world and no amount of safety precautions and cancelations will protect us from them.

Again, I'm glad I didn't get the GA tickets I so desperately wanted. Whew!
    There's a lot of people in the world and no amount of safety precautions and cancellations will protect us from them.

Fixed that for ya.
  • what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    KN219077 said:
    Anybody else seen their retirement savings tank in the last three weeks? I'm thinking about staying home just because I'm having an even harder time financially justifying my week long vacay to Denver to see a rock band when I've just lost a ton of my cushion. 

No PMs please. If I don't go, my ticket is already designated :-). 
    You shouldn’t be using your retirement funds to see PJ either way. Leave your retirement alone, it will be fine. Learn from the masses in 2008 that sold and lost so much.
    I'm not using my retirement funds. I'm paying with cash. But since my retirement fund just tanked, I prefer to hold onto my cash for an emergency--or use it to buy low. My trip to Denver will cost close to $2000 after all is said and done. That's a lot of cash in uncertain times. 
    I understand your concern. If the shows even go on as planned, I’d go. If the market goes to zero, cash won’t mean shit anymore lol. 
    Thanks for the reassurance????
    Ugh -- at first I was only concerned about bringing back a disease that would kill my mom whom I live with and care for. She is one of the vulnerable ones. I was flip-flopping on that, even when the other night she told me she didn't think I should go, I refused to make a decision and told her to hold her horses, we don't know enough yet. Then I finally had the stomach to check my account after hearing the news for a week. Gut punch.
    I wish I could laugh. 
    Lol sorry. I was only under the assumption that you didn’t want to go because of the market tanking. The situation with your mom is a whole different situation and I completely understand your concern. I cared for my grandmother who had dementia for 5 years so I understand. Best of luck with your situation.  
    Thank you again. You are the first person on these boards who has been kind to me in about two weeks :-). I'm into year three with my mom. This would have been (will be??) the first vacation from being a caretaker I've had in these three years. All I wanted to do was buy a bag of weed without threat of being arrested and order room service for week. Hahahaha. Totally sucks.
    edited March 2020
    In my mind's eye i just can't stop thinking about packed Amtrak or NJ Transit trains heading down to Baltimore or all throughout NJ up to MSG full of people having conversations about how safe they think the show will be, or hoping that the person sitting next to them doesn't sneeze.

Personally, I plan on rocking out wearing this at both shows to stay safe.

Post edited by Saltzy23 on
  • So has anyone sold their tix yet? I’m beginning to seriously think I should.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • And do we think if they cancel shows, will ticket buyers get refunded?
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,704
    Amtrak just cancelled their nonstop Acela trains between NYC and DC until May. If they cancel more trains, car rental places will be booming. 
    And do we think if they cancel shows, will ticket buyers get refunded?
    This has happened to me twice in the past. Both shows were postponed to later dates. The first one I couldn’t make the new date and was given a full refund. For second one, I could go and just used the same ticket. I assume something similar would happen here. 
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,826
    MF117973 said:
    Amtrak just cancelled their nonstop Acela trains between NYC and DC until May. If they cancel more trains, car rental places will be booming. 
    I’m taking Amtrak from CT to MSG so that would really suck if they cancel trains further
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • MF117973 said:
    And do we think if they cancel shows, will ticket buyers get refunded?
    This has happened to me twice in the past. Both shows were postponed to later dates. The first one I couldn’t make the new date and was given a full refund. For second one, I could go and just used the same ticket. I assume something similar would happen here. 
    Cool, thanks for the info.  That helps.  Unfortunately I’ll eat shit on my airfare but it is what it is.  
    MF117973 said:
    I’m taking Amtrak from CT to MSG so that would really suck if they cancel trains further
    I am going from NYC to Baltimore. So I am in the same boat. I may put a car on reserve just in case. Although, if it gets to this point there might not be a show to travel to anyway. 
  • jimjam1982jimjam1982 Posts: 1,408
    The virus is already dying out. China has reported significant decreases. As outbreaks continue in 1st world free countries and more tests are conducted the death rate will plummet due to quality healthcare.

No plans to cancel major events in april such as coachella, nfl draft, country thunder. The band is on social media actively promoting sales and Breakfast was upgraded to be with both stone and mike!

If you are afraid just F2F and move on. Stop fear mongering
    Next week I am gonna buy a metric fuckton of travel related index funds.

It might be the easiest money ever.

Maybe that will be the silver lining in all of this.  Time to make some money off the world losing its collective shit.
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,322
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    KN219077 said:
    Anybody else seen their retirement savings tank in the last three weeks? I'm thinking about staying home just because I'm having an even harder time financially justifying my week long vacay to Denver to see a rock band when I've just lost a ton of my cushion. 

No PMs please. If I don't go, my ticket is already designated :-). 
    You shouldn’t be using your retirement funds to see PJ either way. Leave your retirement alone, it will be fine. Learn from the masses in 2008 that sold and lost so much.
    I'm not using my retirement funds. I'm paying with cash. But since my retirement fund just tanked, I prefer to hold onto my cash for an emergency--or use it to buy low. My trip to Denver will cost close to $2000 after all is said and done. That's a lot of cash in uncertain times. 
    I understand your concern. If the shows even go on as planned, I’d go. If the market goes to zero, cash won’t mean shit anymore lol. 
    Thanks for the reassurance????
    Ugh -- at first I was only concerned about bringing back a disease that would kill my mom whom I live with and care for. She is one of the vulnerable ones. I was flip-flopping on that, even when the other night she told me she didn't think I should go, I refused to make a decision and told her to hold her horses, we don't know enough yet. Then I finally had the stomach to check my account after hearing the news for a week. Gut punch.
    I wish I could laugh. 
    Lol sorry. I was only under the assumption that you didn’t want to go because of the market tanking. The situation with your mom is a whole different situation and I completely understand your concern. I cared for my grandmother who had dementia for 5 years so I understand. Best of luck with your situation.  
    Thank you again. You are the first person on these boards who has been kind to me in about two weeks :-). I'm into year three with my mom. This would have been (will be??) the first vacation from being a caretaker I've had in these three years. All I wanted to do was buy a bag of weed without threat of being arrested and order room service for week. Hahahaha. Totally sucks.
    No problem. Like I said, I totally get it. Being a caretaker is so stressful and definitely takes its toll over time. I wish you all the best. 
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    You fuckers all watch the Walking Dead too god damn much.  Jesus Christ.
  • The virus is already dying out. China has reported significant decreases. As outbreaks continue in 1st world free countries and more tests are conducted the death rate will plummet due to quality healthcare.

No plans to cancel major events in april such as coachella, nfl draft, country thunder. The band is on social media actively promoting sales and Breakfast was upgraded to be with both stone and mike!

I hope you’re right, but they just cancelled sxsw here in Austin so it seems like more stuff may get axed.  I’m not fear mongering myself, I just want to go to the shows and will be bummed out if they get cancelled, so am just trying to be prepared is all
    edited March 2020
    The virus is already dying out. China has reported significant decreases. As outbreaks continue in 1st world free countries and more tests are conducted the death rate will plummet due to quality healthcare.

More false information, u gotta stop. You have no idea what you are talking about.
This discussion has been closed.