CoVid19 Virus : Impact on PJ Spring & Summer Tours

Comments

• NewfieintheUSANewfieintheUSA Posts: 2,416
    PJNB said:
    Has one NA arena concert been cancelled yet? I have not seen any. We are 10 days out for Canada. I think we are good to go for the first 4 shows at the very least and hopefully the 3 on the east coast in the states can happen as well. 

We are all a community on this page and we need to be kinder to each other. I have seen people acting out on both sides of this. Lets chill out and let things land as they do. I am confident that the band will do what is best for everyone involved. 
    Stop trying to make sense on here. 

Seriously though, well said. No reason for attacks on here. I'm hopeful we get the tour. Just 10 days until TO!
  • Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,350
    edited March 2020
    PJNB said:
    Has one NA arena concert been cancelled yet? I have not seen any. We are 10 days out for Canada. I think we are good to go for the first 4 shows at the very least and hopefully the 3 on the east coast in the states can happen as well. 

We are all a community on this page and we need to be kinder to each other. I have seen people acting out on both sides of this. Lets chill out and let things land as they do. I am confident that the band will do what is best for everyone involved. 
    Agreed, but this is clearly a highly emotional issue for many reasons, between fear of the disease, people not wanting to lose $ or all the time they have spent planning, and obviously not wanting to not see shows.

I take the stance that I am happy these bands are not caving to public pressure where there is no proof these shows are really gonna exacerbate anything yet, and where based on most of the replies I've seen, most people still want them to go on.

I understand the sentiment of 'rather safe than sorry', but if we are only talking marginal amounts of "being safer" with the collateral damage of postponing these things being tremendous,  then I clearly am on the side of the show must go on.

I understand this stuff may change between then and now and that it is insane to allow these shows to go on if they are flat out a public health risk.  But I get the sense that they would only be postponed because of the nervous nellys in society that are freaking out right now, and if that is the case....let's just fucking do this. 
    Post edited by Saltzy23 on
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,322
    I was called all sorts of negative words  when i stated the tour maybe in trouble. Now look everyone posting the same kind of fear. Again this board is the very definition of hypocrisy. 
    I still stand by my opinion that the band wont risk health for a small tour.  

Awwwww. It gets sadder every time you repeat it 
  • guitar101guitar101 Posts: 397
    I’ve been following the Billie Eilish, Zac Brown Band and The Lumineers Tours.  All arena tours playing similar locations.

The longer these ones go for, the better the odds of PJ playing are
    I’ve been watching these tours as well.  Those acts, tool and the nba/nhl all seem to be carrying on right now.  I think the first four dates are pretty safe right now considering the locations aren’t particularly affected by the virus at the moment.
    2005-9-12 London, ON
    2006-5-09 Toronto
    2007-8-03 (ed w/ ben harper) chicago / 2007-8-05 chicago
    2008-8-12 (ed solo) toronto
    2009-10-08 (ed solo) Albany
    2011-9-11 Toronto / 2011-9-12 Toronto
    2013-7-16 London, ON / 2013-7-19 Chicago / 2013-10-12 Buffalo
    2016-5-11 Toronto, On / 2016-5-13 Toronto, On
  • ryanphishesryanphishes Posts: 586
    guitar101 said:
    I’ve been following the Billie Eilish, Zac Brown Band and The Lumineers Tours.  All arena tours playing similar locations.

I’ve been watching these tours as well.  Those acts, tool and the nba/nhl all seem to be carrying on right now.  I think the first four dates are pretty safe right now considering the locations aren’t particularly affected by the virus at the moment.
    It's NY where the worry starts, with the cases there, the state of emergency, the fact that it is this awesome epicenter of people.

They will play if at all possible, but that might mean cancelling at the last minute and disappointing fans, especially those who traveled.
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• ClapperClapper Posts: 208

I went to see the Lumineers last night in Ottawa. I wish they had cancelled it. Not because to the virus but because the sound was awful. They should have spent less on their stage and the assorted stupid hipster hats and used the money for a proper sound set up. 
    1993 - Toronto
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Barrie
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Buffalo, Toronto
    2005 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2006 - Toronto I, Toronto II
    2008 - EV solo Toronto I
    2010 - Buffalo, Newark
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Chicago, Buffalo, Brooklyn I, Brooklyn II, Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II
    2014 - Detroit
    2016 - Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II, New York I, New York II, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2018 - Boston I, Boston II
    edited March 2020
    guitar101 said:

It's NY where the worry starts, with the cases there, the state of emergency, the fact that it is this awesome epicenter of people.

They will play if at all possible, but that might mean cancelling at the last minute and disappointing fans, especially those who traveled.
    If events in NYC start to be cancelled, this PJ show will be the least of our problems.

It would basically mean the world is on fire.
  • mattsavardmattsavard Posts: 518
    edited March 2020

That's a great post that the deniers likely won't read. 

This post from the head of Lombardy's healthcare system about how it is on the brink of collapse. 

That is coming here... next month? The month after? It's 100% coming unless we lock everyone up at home for months like China has done. That is the only way to stop this virus.

And it's that lockdown not going to happen here... 

Post edited by mattsavard on
    Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement. 
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,525

That's a great post that the deniers likely won't read. 

This post from the head of Lombardy's healthcare system about how it is on the brink of collapse. 

That is coming here... next month? The month after? It's 100% coming unless we lock everyone up at home for months like China has done. That is the only way to stop this virus.

And it's that lockdown not going to happen here... 

That's how I feel about it.  I read this morning Italy is restricting it's citizen's in the nortern half of its country, but it's way too late.  Barn door was already left open.

At this point the only thing I think you can do is try to slow it down so not everyone has it at the same time (hopefully spreading out pressure on hospitals).   

Here in N.A.  Unless they restrict non-essential travel, It's going to keep spreading.
  • droptheleash9droptheleash9 Posts: 1,430
    Saltzy23 said:
    PJNB said:

Agreed, but this is clearly a highly emotional issue for many reasons, between fear of the disease, people not wanting to lose $ or all the time they have spent planning, and obviously not wanting to not see shows.

I take the stance that I am happy these bands are not caving to public pressure where there is no proof these shows are really gonna exacerbate anything yet, and where based on most of the replies I've seen, most people still want them to go on.

I understand the sentiment of 'rather safe than sorry', but if we are only talking marginal amounts of "being safer" with the collateral damage of postponing these things being tremendous,  then I clearly am on the side of the show must go on.

I understand this stuff may change between then and now and that it is insane to allow these shows to go on if they are flat out a public health risk.  But I get the sense that they would only be postponed because of the nervous nellys in society that are freaking out right now, and if that is the case....let's just fucking do this. 
    Agree with all of this. I think there are people too, myself included (hand up for being a bit salty in this thread at times), that are frustrated too because it feels like certain folks in this thread seemingly want the tour to be cancelled, at least based on the way they’re commenting. To that I say, if you’re worried about your health at these shows, then put your tickets on F2F - nobody is forcing anyone to go. There are also lots of folks still ISO tickets to these shows so if you’re at all afraid, list away!
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,322
    Saltzy23 said:
    PJNB said:

Agree with all of this. I think there are people too, myself included (hand up for being a bit salty in this thread at times), that are frustrated too because it feels like certain folks in this thread seemingly want the tour to be cancelled, at least based on the way they’re commenting. To that I say, if you’re worried about your health at these shows, then put your tickets on F2F - nobody is forcing anyone to go. There are also lots of folks still ISO tickets to these shows so if you’re at all afraid, list away!
    It definitely feels like some are rooting for it to be canceled. Weird. 
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    Back on the original topic....i think PJ will play each show by ear.   An outright cancellation doesnt seem likely. 

Im playing my travel plans the same way.  I didnt win tickets to any shows this Spring but we’re booked to do some traveling.  Keeping an eye on each location now. 
  • THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,872
    nicknyr15 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    PJNB said:

No one is rooting for it to be canceled. They are concerned for their families and communities. It’s just a concert that can be rescheduled. Some people’s priorities on here are questionable at best and should be re-evaluated. 
  • Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,032
    I would imagine that most big artists who have tours planned are somewhat in contact and playing it by ear. As soon as one artist postpones or cancels, the rest will likely follow suit. The same goes for playing the shows. 
    edited March 2020
    nicknyr15 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    PJNB said:

No one is rooting for it to be canceled. They are concerned for their families and communities. It’s just a concert that can be rescheduled. Some people’s priorities on here are questionable at best and should be re-evaluated. 
    Keep missing the point dude.  It's all good.

I live in an area with almost 10,000,000 people surrounding me.  I work in an office full of people that just took trains and buses in, most with kids in schools.

If you think I, or anyone else, in the NE of this country is gonna avoid catching this thing because PJ cancels a show at MSG you need to get your head examined.

If its here and they can't stop it, I'll get it if I'm gonna get it.

As opposed to cowering under my sheets in some futile attempt to avoid microscopic bacteria in the greater NYC area, I'd rather do it rocking out with a beer in each hand.
  • sparky_frysparky_fry Posts: 760
    As someone who is grappling with whether or not to leave my small town in a province with no cases to travel to a city with confirmed cases I do wish that the decision is made for me.
  • O_G_D said:

Purell.  Bro, I have over 1000 rounds each of .45 .380, ad 9 milli. Two trash cans full of gasoline, my pool is empty and filled with boxes of masks, and the bunkers got enough chef boyardee to last me 12 years.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,907
    O_G_D said:

Purell.  Bro, I have over 1000 rounds each of .45 .380, ad 9 milli. Two trash cans full of gasoline, my pool is empty and filled with boxes of masks, and the bunkers got enough chef boyardee to last me 12 years.
    No joke, I just saw purell on Amazon at $52 for two 1-oz containers.  I guess we need a F2F system for purell now.

PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,949
    I read a very good, unbiased, but sobering article this morning.  It was an interview with a scientist that studies viruses, stating that the cause of this is Man's interaction with wildlife through de-forestation, mining, building roads, etc. That interaction is "unlocking" these viruses and it will only continue on a larger and more frequent scale as time goes on.  The only way to protect against it is to proactively create vaccines, but  we don't have the resources it takes to do that.  It will essentially become a game of "whack-a-mole."

Some of you people better start digging your underground bunkers to protect your families....
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    As someone who is grappling with whether or not to leave my small town in a province with no cases to travel to a city with confirmed cases I do wish that the decision is made for me.
    I wish you the best on your decision but as of today 0.00015% of the  Ontario population has this and 21 out of the 23 were caught right away. Yes community spread can come and yes there is a chance that it has happened that we are unaware of at the moment but those are the numbers that we are given today. This is my opinion for me and me alone but I feel very comfortable going to the 4 Canadian shows. 
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,678
    Saltzy23 said:

Some of you people better start digging your underground bunkers to protect your families....
    Madagascar, here I come.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,907
    Saltzy23 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    PJNB said:

I live in an area with almost 10,000,000 people surrounding me.  I work in an office full of people that just took trains and buses in, most with kids in schools.

If you think I, or anyone else, in the NE of this country is gonna avoid catching this thing because PJ cancels a show at MSG you need to get your head examined.

As opposed to cowering under my sheets in some futile attempt to avoid microscopic bacteria in the greater NYC area, I'd rather do it rocking out with a beer in each hand.
    I think I’m coming around to Saltzy’s point of view.

If we’re all eff’d regardless, kick out the jams.

With that said, I do think they should postpone in cities where an outbreak is already occurring and is straining healthcare resources.  Those cities don’t need an extra 10k people to deal with.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Posts: 3,462
    Poncier said:
    Saltzy23 said:

Madagascar, here I come.
    You sure? They’ve got the plague there
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,525
    Saltzy23 said:

If I understand what I'm reading correctly it's the older people and people with existing conditions that need to put in bunkers.    It seems younger people are fairly resident to it.   Kids/Teens even more so.    That graph feels like fear mongering.  Putting every country that has a case in red.

I dunno.  My uneducated guess.  This thing isn't containable unless they stop all unnecessary air travel (ie anything that isn't commercial), and force everyone to stay at home for 2 weeks.   As long as people are permitted to be mobile it's going to spread.    Then the outcome is a severe epidemic on our older population :(

I guess I would appreciate it the media did better reporting.   They really emphasize what the mortality percentage, how many people have it, and death rates.   They don't seem to focus on which demographics it's impacting the most, or what you can expect if you're of different ages.  If they did maybe younger people would panic less, and we change our strategy to protect the old people.
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,642
    O_G_D said:

I don't understand why people have these long signatures that take up so much space.....
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,642
    edited March 2020

My BF lives in La Quinta, 1 mile from Coachella, hasn't seen this on his local news
  • THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,872
    Saltzy23 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    PJNB said:

Clueless
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,268
    bbiggs said:
    mace1229 said:
    The virus is already dying out. China has reported significant decreases. As outbreaks continue in 1st world free countries and more tests are conducted the death rate will plummet due to quality healthcare.

No plans to cancel major events in april such as coachella, nfl draft, country thunder. The band is on social media actively promoting sales and Breakfast was upgraded to be with both stone and mike!

If you are afraid just F2F and move on. Stop fear mongering
    FAKE NEWS! You sound like you listen to the orange menace who says "the tests are beautiful" and "everyone will get one"....virus is not dying out at all. And with more testing you'll find out more people that are positive, people without symptoms can spread the virus. 
    Coachella is going on as of now since the Riverside County Public Health MD has no cases in the county as of now. AS OF NOW....
    This morning they said China has more people recovering than being infected. Assuming you believe China’s numbers, that means it’s getting better.
    1. I don’t believe China.
    2. U.S. numbers are rising.

Just facts. 
    I laughed when you emphasize what you believe as a fact.
    China numbers may be off. We don’t know. I guess you doubting China is the fact?
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,949
    mace1229 said:
    bbiggs said:
    mace1229 said:
    The virus is already dying out. China has reported significant decreases. As outbreaks continue in 1st world free countries and more tests are conducted the death rate will plummet due to quality healthcare.

No plans to cancel major events in april such as coachella, nfl draft, country thunder. The band is on social media actively promoting sales and Breakfast was upgraded to be with both stone and mike!

If you are afraid just F2F and move on. Stop fear mongering
    FAKE NEWS! You sound like you listen to the orange menace who says "the tests are beautiful" and "everyone will get one"....virus is not dying out at all. And with more testing you'll find out more people that are positive, people without symptoms can spread the virus. 
    Coachella is going on as of now since the Riverside County Public Health MD has no cases in the county as of now. AS OF NOW....
    This morning they said China has more people recovering than being infected. Assuming you believe China’s numbers, that means it’s getting better.
    1. I don’t believe China.
    2. U.S. numbers are rising.

Just facts. 
    I laughed when you emphasize what you believe as a fact.
    China numbers may be off. We don’t know. I guess you doubting China is the fact?

Glad I could humor you.  Let me break it down for you.  Me not believing the numbers coming out of China is a fact.  Cases of the virus in the U.S. rising is a fact.  Hence, my comment, "just facts."  Laugh away though...
This discussion has been closed.