CoVid19 Virus : Impact on PJ Spring & Summer Tours

Comments

• bbiggs said:
    mace1229 said:
    The virus is already dying out. China has reported significant decreases. As outbreaks continue in 1st world free countries and more tests are conducted the death rate will plummet due to quality healthcare.

No plans to cancel major events in april such as coachella, nfl draft, country thunder. The band is on social media actively promoting sales and Breakfast was upgraded to be with both stone and mike!

If you are afraid just F2F and move on. Stop fear mongering
    FAKE NEWS! You sound like you listen to the orange menace who says "the tests are beautiful" and "everyone will get one"....virus is not dying out at all. And with more testing you'll find out more people that are positive, people without symptoms can spread the virus. 
    Coachella is going on as of now since the Riverside County Public Health MD has no cases in the county as of now. AS OF NOW....
    This morning they said China has more people recovering than being infected. Assuming you believe China’s numbers, that means it’s getting better.
    1. I don’t believe China.
    2. U.S. numbers are rising.

Just facts. 
    Agreed. And even if the numbers coming out of China are accurate, that's because they literally forced people to stay in their homes or carted them off against their will to a quarantine facility.  They took into custody people who were out in public without a mask. Some really draconian measures.
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy 2024 Indy, MSG 1&2, Philly 1&2, Baltimore

• MelzombieMelzombie Posts: 200
    Pearl Jam on Twitter just posted this:

https://twitter.com/PearlJam/status/1236362227785109504

Let's get this show on the road. Only 11 more days until the start of the 2020 tour!
    This is BIG.  To me this is their way of saying "were not cancelling anything."  If the thought was even in their minds, they wouldn't be posting things like this to the official account.
    I can’t login to my twitter account. What does it say?? 
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,826
    Melzombie said:

Let's get this show on the road. Only 11 more days until the start of the 2020 tour!
    This is BIG.  To me this is their way of saying "were not cancelling anything."  If the thought was even in their minds, they wouldn't be posting things like this to the official account.

2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Posts: 3,462
    Melzombie said:

You can see Twitter posts without even having twitter btw.  😊
  • Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,350
    Melzombie said:

Fuck yes.

At the minimum it shows they are gonna keep a play unless we cannot attitude.

This is the best thing I've seen all week.

Let's gooooooo!
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,398
     I really can’t see the Italiam show happening:

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • TH113769TH113769 Posts: 439
    4 months until Italy.  A lot can change between now and then.  
    92 - Phoenix; 93 - Mesa; 95 - Phoenix; 98 - Phoenix; 2000- Phoenix; 2003 - San Diego, Las Vegas, Phoenix; 2006 - Denver 1, Denver 2, Las Vegas, San Diego;  2009 - Chicago 1, Chicago 2, San Diego; 2013 - Phoenix, San Diego, LA 1, LA 2, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle; 2014 - Detroit, Moline, Milwaukee, Denver; 2016 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 and 2; 2018 - Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London1, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Werchter, Barca, Missoula, Chicago 1&2, Boston 1&2.
    Guys...Trump knows more about viruses than almost anyone.  He had an uncle that taught at MIT.  All the doctors are amazed at how much he gets all this stuff.  

Were good.  He's got this. Relax.

Whew! 
  • JP218404JP218404 Posts: 1,407
    Saltzy23 said:
    Guys...Trump knows more about viruses than almost anyone.  He had an uncle that taught at MIT.  All the doctors are amazed at how much he gets all this stuff.  

Were good.  He's got this. Relax.

Whew! 
    It will all be over in April. It gets warm 
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,872
    I wonder if the US can move the election up sooner and vote this dipshit out early?
  • sxwxgirl1sxwxgirl1 Posts: 63
  • ryanphishesryanphishes Posts: 586
    Don't let us get curveball'd.
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• SS209208SS209208 Posts: 9
    The one thing I loved about the band is that people travel from all over the world to attend shows. That is now what makes me nervous to attend and I’m sure the band is concerned as well. Let the bros tell me to f$$k off, but I was really looking forward to show.
    SS209208 said:
    The one thing I loved about the band is that people travel from all over the world to attend shows. That is now what makes me nervous to attend and I’m sure the band is concerned as well. Let the bros tell me to f$$k off, but I was really looking forward to show.
    You should listen to Indifference.

Then, listen to it again and again and again.

There is no control or security in life.  There is the illusion of control and security.

No one gets outta this place alive my dude.  

Stop worrying and just enjoy your life.
    I will thks, I understand risk having little than a third of one kidney left due to stroke and cancer, but my concern has more to do with going to show with a mask as my friends advise and looking hyperbolic. Sometimes you have to mitigate risk as the band is probably questioning, as well.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,398
    edited March 2020
    SS209208 said:
    Agreed.  
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    Having said my say, would be nice to absorb the energy and recharge my weary soul!!!
    We should really be mad at Pearl Jam, why did it take almost 7 years for a new album? Should have dropped it last year. Problem solved people. Bad timing
  • NewfieintheUSANewfieintheUSA Posts: 2,416
    We should really be mad at Pearl Jam, why did it take almost 7 years for a new album? Should have dropped it last year. Problem solved people. Bad timing
    Exactly, they should have planned better
  • RobZRobZ Posts: 181
    The virus is already dying out. China has reported significant decreases. As outbreaks continue in 1st world free countries and more tests are conducted the death rate will plummet due to quality healthcare.

No plans to cancel major events in april such as coachella, nfl draft, country thunder. The band is on social media actively promoting sales and Breakfast was upgraded to be with both stone and mike!

FAKE NEWS! You sound like you listen to the orange menace who says "the tests are beautiful" and "everyone will get one"....virus is not dying out at all. And with more testing you'll find out more people that are positive, people without symptoms can spread the virus. 
    Coachella is going on as of now since the Riverside County Public Health MD has no cases in the county as of now. AS OF NOW....
    Hey GottheBottle, how about you calm the eff down?!?
    2006: Las Vegas, Nevada
    2009: Salt Lake City, Utah
    2012: Missoula, Montana
    2014: Denver, Colorado
    2018: Missoula, Montana

RobZ said:

He doesn’t have to calm down. He was responding to some other quack that was posting straight up BS
  • RobZRobZ Posts: 181
    RobZ said:

He doesn’t have to calm down. He was responding to some other quack that was posting straight up BS
    Again with the name-calling...you guys are something else.  How about just correcting your fellow PJ fan, respectfully?  Too difficult??
    2006: Las Vegas, Nevada
    2009: Salt Lake City, Utah
    2012: Missoula, Montana
    2014: Denver, Colorado
    2018: Missoula, Montana

• RK50065RK50065 Posts: 897
    Hopefully the cancellation is announced before I get my tent set up.
  • MD190661MD190661 Posts: 394
    mcgruff10 said:
    Melzombie said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Melzombie said:
    Does anyone know if American Airlines will give refunds if they cancel?
    I know Southwest does...(one of the many reasons why I always fly with them)
    first time flying AA to St. Louis.
    Yes, I'm preparing for the devastation of not seeing PJ.
    I just got this email from United:
    "Before you fly
    To give you the greatest flexibility, when you book any flight with us now through March 31, you can change it for free over the next 12 months – any ticket, any fare type, any destination."
    shit. my flight for St. Louis is the day before the show in April. 
    This waiving of fees applies to new bookings made between March 1 and March 31, not existing reservations. The way they phrased it is very misleading. So if you were to book a trip before the end of the month, there would be no fees incurred if you were to change it at any point over the next 12 months. They are doing this because people are afraid to fly. If Toronto gets postponed, I'm very curious to see what Air Canada does for my existing flights - if not a full refund then I want a full credit that doesn't expire.
    Great pick up on the small details. 
    I'm wondering if the new fare is more money, if they'll charge you the difference. Like I book a flight to Paris for the end of April, which is cheap, but then change it to the middle of July, which is expensive, will I have to pay the fare difference.
    10/1/94, 6/22/95, 6/24/95, 9/16/96, 7/22/98, 10/21/01, 6/1/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 9/1/05, 7/15/06, 7/18/06, 8/28/09, 10/07/09, 10/3/12, 11/26/13, 6/18/18, 8/10/18, 5/12/22, 5/13/22, 5/13/24, 5/25/24

RobZ said:
    RobZ said:

Again with the name-calling...you guys are something else.  How about just correcting your fellow PJ fan, respectfully?  Too difficult??
    Chill out Potsie. I was sticking up for the guy. He was being bullied.
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,948
    Hey... after you guys are done fighting about Covid-19 can you rehash the .mp3 vs. FLAC debate?
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

edited March 2020
    I thought we would discuss the Xmas singles and ticket seniority? 
  • Little ItalyLittle Italy Posts: 404
    edited March 2020
    Canadian Minister of Health Press Conference-the woman is crying.

about 13:30 in...

I’m honestly a little worried about going to Toronto :s

Not sure why it won’t embed...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoWSd0eaQP8
    "he who forgets-will be destined to remember"
  • ryanphishesryanphishes Posts: 586
    RK50065 said:
    Hopefully the cancellation is announced before I get my tent set up.
    Curveball was cancelled before I set up my tent but after I flew from Dallas.  I ended up spending the weekend with my sister and nephews, which is nice because they're far away, but I was planning for a much different weekend.

I'm hoping this doesn't play out similarly.  
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

This discussion has been closed.