The coronavirus

Comments

• lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,493
    hedonist said:
    hedonist said:
    That actually turned my stomach.

The proud smile of the wearer makes me want to stick a red-hot spear up her ass. 
    That would be too easy for her.

How about we shove her into a cattle car filled with her supporters and drive it around the German countryside for 3 days with no food or water and then drop her at Auschwitz and leave her and her friends there.
    Like they did to my relatives. 
    And mine.

I am truly blown away by this. 
    There’s nothing that’s out of bounds in our current state of affairs in this nation! Stuff like this has become ordinary.
    Exactly.  I was just talking  about this type of shit.  The  world has come  undone and i feel like i do not belong in this  world.  I went out of my area 1st time in nearly 2 years. Mind fuckin blown. Im not one of these people. I cant be. And won't  be 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission has advised that American employers can mandate that employees in a workplace must be vaccinated against covid, provided they "comply with the reasonable accommodations provision". Employers are also permitted to offer inducements to vaccination, provided they are not coercive. However, there might not be too much interest in mandating vaccination, given the polarization of this issue and the flack any employer is undoubtedly going to face. 

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-agency-says-employers-can-mandate-covid-19-vaccination-2021-05-29/
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,257
    Because this thing has been so politicized. And because the "right" thinks it is now okay to be openly hateful and anti-semitic. There are people who think this is okay...

I don’t see this as openly hateful and anti-Semitic. It’s comparing the vaccine to the haulocost. Which I think is stupid and don’t agree with that. But it’s also nothing new, people have been comparing relatively minor things to the haulocost for a while now.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,348
    So the English are officially dumber than Americans now? What's the world coming to...
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    mace1229 said:
    Because this thing has been so politicized. And because the "right" thinks it is now okay to be openly hateful and anti-semitic. There are people who think this is okay...

I don’t see this as openly hateful and anti-Semitic. It’s comparing the vaccine to the haulocost. Which I think is stupid and don’t agree with that. But it’s also nothing new, people have been comparing relatively minor things to the haulocost for a while now.
    ...and particularly choosing the yellow Star of David to champion their charge?

I see (and feel) it differently, perhaps because it hits mighty close to home. Either way, I think it’s pretty fucked up. 
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,097
    mace1229 said:

Whether hateful or anti-Semitic or just plain insensitive, you'd think a half-decent person wouldn't have to be told why what they consider an oppressive government act is not the same as a symbol of genocide based on religious background. Disgusting wastes of oxygen, both of these people.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • HobbesHobbes Posts: 6,418
    mace1229 said:

Just because this behavior has been normalized does not make it any less offensive. This behavior needs to be continuously called out for what it is -- offensive, abhorrent, hateful, and anti-Semitic. Simply dismissing it as stupid or ignorant is a disservice and continues to normalize the behavior.
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,493
    mrussel1 said:
    So the English are officially dumber than Americans now? What's the world coming to...
    I wouldn't go that  far mate
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,745
    mace1229 said:

oh so that makes it ok. cuz relatively minor things (compared to what exactly) have been compared with the beginnings of a program to murder all Jews within the Nazi sphere.

so tell us exactly just how this compares?

one is a murder scheme , the other is a keep your fucking dumbass alive scheme.

you mace are now fully seen as what you are. own it. theres no clarifying this one.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:

oh so that makes it ok. cuz relatively minor things (compared to what exactly?) have been compared with the beginnings of a program to murder all Jews within the Nazi sphere.

you mace are now fully seen as what you are. own it. theres no clarifying this one.
    Own what? Seen as what exactly?
    All i said was I don’t see the intent as anti-Semitic, but just a stupid, poor analogy. I didn’t say it was okay or that I support her free speech, just that it’s been done many times and rarely are the others called anti-Semitic. Is that not true? Has the Nazi/haulocost comparison not been over done many times before?  I think it’s stupid to compare anything that’s happened in the last 80 years to the systemic murder of 6 million people based on their ethnicity. Nothing since then has compared to the haulocost. People should stop using that analogy. 
    So what does that make me exactly for saying this comparison is stupid and over done (implying stop using it)?
    I think you miss understood my point of view. You seem to think I was minimizing the haulocost, I was not. 

But to answer your 2 questions. 1-Relatively minor things. Everything is relatively minor, in my opinion, compared to what the Jews (and others) endured at the hand of the Nazis. A vaccine especially is relatively minor by comparison.
    2-how does this compare? What compare, the vaccine?  I don’t know, I’d compare getting a vaccine to stubbing your toe maybe. 
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:

oh so that makes it ok. cuz relatively minor things (compared to what exactly?) have been compared with the beginnings of a program to murder all Jews within the Nazi sphere.

All i said was I don’t see the intent as anti-Semitic, but just a stupid, poor analogy. I didn’t say it was okay or that I support her free speech, just that it’s been done many times and rarely are the others called anti-Semitic. Is that not true? Has the Nazi/haulocost comparison not been over done many times before?  I think it’s stupid to compare anything that’s happened in the last 80 years to the systemic murder of 6 million people based on their ethnicity. Nothing since then has compared to the haulocost. People should stop using that analogy. 
    So what does that make me exactly for saying this comparison is stupid and over done (implying stop using it)?
    I think you miss understood my point of view. You seem to think I was minimizing the haulocost, I was not. 

But to answer your 2 questions. 1-Relatively minor things. Everything is relatively minor, in my opinion, compared to what the Jews (and others) endured at the hand of the Nazis. A vaccine especially is relatively minor by comparison.
    2-how does this compare? What compare, the vaccine?  I don’t know, I’d compare getting a vaccine to stubbing your toe maybe. 

quick note, intention runs such a distant second to result as to make intention irrelevant.

upper 90% of the Jews in WWII in German territory or control died in those camps or on the way. It began with the Star worn forcibly as a means of visual seperation from the rest of society and made them targets in general.

the result of that vile human being to seek to profit from the history behind the wearing of the star and you not seeing it as more than a stupid comarison suggests a level of cluelessness or worse.

and given some of your other posts here , I lean toward worse. Since posting guidelines prevent my expressing more passionate response, I'll ask you steer clear of me. rest assured I'll do the same.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    Walking around mask free in Home Depot.  Definitely feels weird.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    edited May 2021
    mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:

quick note, intention runs such a distant second to result as to make intention irrelevant.

upper 90% of the Jews in WWII in German territory or control died in those camps or on the way. It began with the Star worn forcibly as a means of visual seperation from the rest of society and made them targets in general.

the result of that vile human being to seek to profit from the history behind the wearing of the star and you not seeing it as more than a stupid comarison suggests a level of cluelessness or worse.

and given some of your other posts here , I lean toward worse. Since posting guidelines prevent my expressing more passionate response, I'll ask you steer clear of me. rest assured I'll do the same.
    I agree with all the things you said about what the Jews went through. I said it’s probably the worst thing in the last 100 years (maybe second to Stalin)
    Got it. Me simply saying her making a stupid and false comparison is stupid but does does not in itself make her racist equals me being a horrible person. 
    Seems like the standard I don’t agree with you, you’re a horrible person. I just don’t think she deserves to be speared to death or sent to a concentration camp for making a tasteless and poor comparison as others suggested. And why this place can be a joke. 

My take on her patch was not minimizing or putting down the Jews. It’s saying a forced vaccine is like what happened in Nazi Germany. It’s dumb. I’d be ashamed to wear that patch. I hope her shop goes out of business. But that’s about where my feelings stop, I don’t wish her dead for it.

I can agree it’s a bad analogy. That it’s in poor taste. That what happened to the Jews is one of the worst things in modern history. But since I don’t see making a bad analogy makes someone racist, that makes me a horrible human too. I just don’t see how a bad analogy makes anyone anti-Semitic. Poor taste, classless and clueless maybe. How does comparing the two in itself equate to racist? Do you think AOC is too? She’s made that comparison about the border, but I’ve never seen anyone at the border suffer the way the Jews were forced to. I just think that was a poor analogy for politics, I don’t think it makes her racist though.

Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 Posts: 10,739
    Get them while you can…

Give Peas A Chance…
    It makes a mockery of the Holocaust.  And now it's being monetized. 
    Nothing surprises me anymore…
    Give Peas A Chance…

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,038
    There’s just no bottom to this well of conservative ignorance, shamelessness or perpetual self victimization. 

Not surprisingly, this information is false. Canada is ranked 19th in the world today in terms of total vaccine doses per 100 people. The rest of his comments are equally untrue. 

mrussel1 said:
    It’s hard to believe that anyone would fail to see the anti-Semitism involved in choosing a symbol whose sole purpose was to mark Jews as the “enemy of the people”.
    mrussel1 said:

not listed or I couldnt find it to report it.

mrussel1 said:
    It’s hard to believe that anyone would fail to see the anti-Semitism involved in choosing a symbol whose sole purpose was to mark Jews as the “enemy of the people”.
    you would think so, wouldnt we? however, there are those who dont. and on this very forum.

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,686
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:

not listed or I couldnt find it to report it.
    Hopefully, it was already taken down. It makes me sick to my stomach that this would even be allowed to be sold in the first place. Despicable!!!!!

edited May 2021

I’m sure Kinsella knows more about vaccine expiry dates than the team of immunologists, microbiologists, bioethicists and Astra Zeneca itself who approved extending the expiry date 
    edited May 2021
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    you would think so, wouldnt we? however, there are those who dont. and on this very forum.

Yup. I’d prefer to have an adult conversation about it. I’d say to me it mocks more the Nazis and their terrible treatment of people and just because someone uses a poor analogy doesn’t in itself make them an awful person who deserves the same fate. And maybe an adult response and saying she could have chosen any other symbol, but that star has special meaning that was chosen specifically to mock the victims and so on could actually change an opinion. But calling people vile and terrible just because they disagree with you doesn’t do anything.
    I still don’t think she deserves to be speared to death. But guess that’s just me here.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:

Yup. I’d prefer to have an adult conversation about it. I’d say to me it mocks more the Nazis and their terrible treatment of people and just because someone uses a poor analogy doesn’t in itself make them an awful person who deserves the same fate. And maybe an adult response and saying she could have chosen any other symbol, but that star has special meaning that was chosen specifically to mock the victims and so on could actually change an opinion. But calling people vile and terrible just because they disagree with you doesn’t do anything.
    I still don’t think she deserves to be speared to death. But guess that’s just me here.
    She has an accumulation of terrible analogies,  conspiracies,  lies and general ignorance.  So maybe this one thing in a vacuum doesn't make her a terrible person,  but she's a terrible person and this is just more proof. 
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:

She has an accumulation of terrible analogies,  conspiracies,  lies and general ignorance.  So maybe this one thing in a vacuum doesn't make her a terrible person,  but she's a terrible person and this is just more proof. 
    If that’s true I’d agree. I did just see this tweet in a vacuum without other context. But if there’s a history of similar behavior, then you and others would be right that it’s not just poor taste, but worse.
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:

If that’s true I’d agree. I did just see this tweet in a vacuum without other context. But if there’s a history of similar behavior, then you and others would be right that it’s not just poor taste, but worse.
    Are you unfamiliar with her history and crazy ass conspiracy theories?
This discussion has been closed.