• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,040
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    It makes a mockery of the Holocaust.  And now it's being monetized. 
    It’s hard to believe that anyone would fail to see the anti-Semitism involved in choosing a symbol whose sole purpose was to mark Jews as the “enemy of the people”.
    you would think so, wouldnt we? however, there are those who dont. and on this very forum.

Yup. I’d prefer to have an adult conversation about it. I’d say to me it mocks more the Nazis and their terrible treatment of people and just because someone uses a poor analogy doesn’t in itself make them an awful person who deserves the same fate. And maybe an adult response and saying she could have chosen any other symbol, but that star has special meaning that was chosen specifically to mock the victims and so on could actually change an opinion. But calling people vile and terrible just because they disagree with you doesn’t do anything.
    I still don’t think she deserves to be speared to death. But guess that’s just me here.
    She has an accumulation of terrible analogies,  conspiracies,  lies and general ignorance.  So maybe this one thing in a vacuum doesn't make her a terrible person,  but she's a terrible person and this is just more proof. 
    If that’s true I’d agree. I did just see this tweet in a vacuum without other context. But if there’s a history of similar behavior, then you and others would be right that it’s not just poor taste, but worse.
    Are you unfamiliar with her history and crazy ass conspiracy theories?
    The owner of that hat store? Never heard of it before last night.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,709
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    It’s hard to believe that anyone would fail to see the anti-Semitism involved in choosing a symbol whose sole purpose was to mark Jews as the “enemy of the people”.
    you would think so, wouldnt we? however, there are those who dont. and on this very forum.

Yup. I’d prefer to have an adult conversation about it. I’d say to me it mocks more the Nazis and their terrible treatment of people and just because someone uses a poor analogy doesn’t in itself make them an awful person who deserves the same fate. And maybe an adult response and saying she could have chosen any other symbol, but that star has special meaning that was chosen specifically to mock the victims and so on could actually change an opinion. But calling people vile and terrible just because they disagree with you doesn’t do anything.
    I still don’t think she deserves to be speared to death. But guess that’s just me here.
    She has an accumulation of terrible analogies,  conspiracies,  lies and general ignorance.  So maybe this one thing in a vacuum doesn't make her a terrible person,  but she's a terrible person and this is just more proof. 
    If that’s true I’d agree. I did just see this tweet in a vacuum without other context. But if there’s a history of similar behavior, then you and others would be right that it’s not just poor taste, but worse.
    Sorry, I was talking about Greene
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:

She doesn’t have anything to do with that patch does she?
    If we were talking about her, she is whack and an anti-Semite. Embarrassing that she holds a public office.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:

If we were talking about her, she is whack and an anti-Semite. Embarrassing that she holds a public office.
    Yes.  She started the whole thing with her comment.  https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1268453
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:

Yes.  She started the whole thing with her comment.  https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1268453
    I wasn’t familiar with that particular quote from her. I don’t pay her much attention. If the hat lady was trying to associate herself with MTG and it was inspired by her comment or show her support for her then I was wrong in what I said earlier.

• Options
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:

I wasn’t familiar with that particular quote from her. I don’t pay her much attention. If the hat lady was trying to associate herself with MTG and it was inspired by her comment or show her support for her then I was wrong in what I said earlier.

Considering the timing and the clear correlation,  I'd say 99% chance it's connected. 
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,831
    edited May 2021
    There’s an argument for these nuts not being anti-Semitic. It’s that they legitimately believe they are every bit as persecuted as the Jews under Hitler.  Anecdotally, I feel like I am seeing these people buying into their (and their idol’s) own victim complex.  I think we’ve learned that there’s a correlation between these people and self-centeredness / lack of empathy for anyone but themselves. I think they can barely even recognize the what happened in the holocaust because it didn’t impact them directly.

Are a lot of them anti-Semites?  Probably.  And that plays in.  But the labels for this nonsense, to me, are victim-complex and self-centeredness.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:
    There’s an argument for these nuts not being anti-Semitic. It’s that they legitimately believe they are every bit as persecuted as the Jews under Hitler.  Anecdotally, I feel like I am seeing these people buying into their (and their idol’s) own victim complex.  I think we’ve learned that there’s a correlation between these people and self-centeredness / lack of empathy for anyone but themselves. I think they can barely even recognize the what happened in the holocaust because it didn’t impact them directly.

Are a lot of them anti-Semites?  Probably.  And that plays in.  But the labels for this nonsense, to me, are victim-complex and self-centeredness.
    Agree across the board.  I think MTG is racist based on her comments about the space lasers and the Rothsteins, who are always the scapegoats. 
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,574
    edited May 2021
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:

Agree across the board.  I think MTG is racist based on her comments about the space lasers and the Rothsteins, who are always the scapegoats. 
    I'm not sure who the Rothsteins are but I believe you meant the Rothschilds.
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,166
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:

I'm not sure who the Rothsteins are but I believe you meant the Rothschilds.
    Haha, yeah.  Arnold Rothstein was a gangster that ran NY. He fixed the 19 world series and was Luciano's mentor.  Too many mob shows for me. 
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,276
    Because this thing has been so politicized. And because the "right" thinks it is now okay to be openly hateful and anti-semitic. There are people who think this is okay...

Guys...its not who she is and what she stands for...she's sorry...(sorry her racist actions actually ended up having consequences)

Nashville hat store issues apology after owner wears yellow patch resembling Star of David in Instagram post | WGN-TV (wgntv.com)

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,776
    Can they all just get a big NV tattooed on their foreheads so we know who to avoid like the plague? So much easier and they'd be so proud to have that tat. :P
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,001
    Poncier said:
    Because this thing has been so politicized. And because the "right" thinks it is now okay to be openly hateful and anti-semitic. There are people who think this is okay...

Guys...its not who she is and what she stands for...she's sorry...(sorry her racist actions actually ended up having consequences)

Nashville hat store issues apology after owner wears yellow patch resembling Star of David in Instagram post | WGN-TV (wgntv.com)

Intentions are irrelevant and mean nothing compared to the results....

intention doesnt relieve your of responsibility , accountability and consequences.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,684
    I like the idea of FREEDUMB being the tatt
    This could express their ideas on most current events and could even hold based on changing public perspectives

When those damn non whites protest, Freedumb could show your support of the wonderful police and keeping the power in place / stopping anarchy.

When your buddies storm the capital building and those damn police try to keep the peace, Freedumb could show your opposition to the awful police and support of anarchy and of oppressed people fighting the power.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,276
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,001
    Karma. Sometimes visits very quickly.....

Is it still flu season? One of their posts said several members fell ill with flu and covid?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,423
    Went to the zoo today (actually always a sad sight for me with no true space for these animals but the grandkids loved it) and everyone was in the most amazingly great, polite, respectful, happy mood.  And it was weird because we didn’t really hear any kids crying, like none. You could tell that we all just appreciated being out and amongst other people.  So to those of you who won’t get the vaccine you’re losing out on life especially when trump doesn’t give two shits about any of you. Wise up 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,894
    so Manitoba is experimenting with those of us that have had our first dose of AZ, switching us all to second dose of Pfiser, because of ONE STUDY OUT OF SPAIN with PRELIMINARY findings that in a pool of 650 people, 450 of them given the dose, all went well. 

well gee, as long as preliminarily everything went well in a very small pool of folks. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,725
    edited June 2021
    Well, ya gotta worry if that alternative looks better than the double AZ odds. In BC were giving AZ users a choice.

Let us know how it goes would ya ;(
    Post edited by Spunkie on
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,831
    so Manitoba is experimenting with those of us that have had our first dose of AZ, switching us all to second dose of Pfiser, because of ONE STUDY OUT OF SPAIN with PRELIMINARY findings that in a pool of 650 people, 450 of them given the dose, all went well. 

well gee, as long as preliminarily everything went well in a very small pool of folks. 
    That seems weird. Particularly given how well things have gone with using the same one for both doses. Granted, I don’t know anything about AZ but I know I’m glad I had Pfizer twice.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Canada is going to mix vaccines…lol.

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844

Absolutely, along with these other ten countries so far who are also mixing vaccines, some to give an mRNA second dose to those who had an AZ first dose and some to mix in other ways. Little rinky-dink, scientifically unaware countries like the UK, France, and a handful of Nordic countries. The method has the backing of basic immunological science. Weird, huh? 

my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,331
    I don't even think it's consistent here in Canada.  I read that here in BC our government reserved the AZ vaccine doses they got so they could give people who had it as their first shot, the option of getting for their 2nd.  It sounds like they're trying to give people the option of getting an AZ 2nd shot, or mixing it up.

I will say the technique of either going through an orderly, well run, thought out process based on age for pfizer/moderna, was a stark contrast to the first come first serve, at pharmacy approach for AZ.  Luckily due to that I didn't get one, so hopefully I ended up getting pfizer for both.
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,725
    ^ I'm betting you will with the # of Pfizer coming in these days 

Hugh, not sure if you keep up with the fed government mathematical modelling, but it says you guys need to lower contacts further.

• Options
    BC has hit a few important milestones today - over 70% of adults vaccinated with their first dose, 67% of youth 12-17 vaccinated, fewer than 200 new cases (for the first time since last October) and ZERO COVID DEATHS. Things are feeling much better. I really hope that the provinces that are struggling are just about to turn the corner.  

• Options

Absolutely, along with these other ten countries so far who are also mixing vaccines, some to give an mRNA second dose to those who had an AZ first dose and some to mix in other ways. Little rinky-dink, scientifically unaware countries like the UK, France, and a handful of Nordic countries. The method has the backing of basic immunological science. Weird, huh? 

I haven't yet seen the backing of immunological science except for that one Spain study that is still considered "preliminary findings" with a very small initial experiment group. 

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/national-vaccine-panel-allows-for-mixing-and-matching-covid-19-vaccines-1.5451067

It makes me uncomfortable to read "no reason to believe at this time that this method to be unsafe". at least both my kids will get Pfizer. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,331
    BC has hit a few important milestones today - over 70% of adults vaccinated with their first dose, 67% of youth 12-17 vaccinated, fewer than 200 new cases (for the first time since last October) and ZERO COVID DEATHS. Things are feeling much better. I really hope that the provinces that are struggling are just about to turn the corner.  

yah, it's looking good here.   Shouldn't most provinces be having a similar level due to vaccines?   It seems like people are getting more at ease here in BC, so it seems to me like it's mostly the vaccines having a positive impact.   How come they aren't working in Manitoba?
  • Options
    tish said:
    ^ I'm betting you will with the # of Pfizer coming in these days 

Hugh, not sure if you keep up with the fed government mathematical modelling, but it says you guys need to lower contacts further.

at this point that's kind of impossible. we're very few steps away from total stay at home order. all in person dining closed. all shopping at 10% capacity or 100 people, whichever is lower. one person per household in a store. no meeting with people outside the home under any circumstance (inside, outside, cup/rope phone). K-12 remote learning. 

our cases and positivity rate are coming down, but our ICU's are still at capacity because they are now filling with young people who survive longer and more often in the ICU. 

my holidays start in 29 days. 3 weeks. this shit better settle by then. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

I haven't yet seen the backing of immunological science except for that one Spain study that is still considered "preliminary findings" with a very small initial experiment group. 

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/national-vaccine-panel-allows-for-mixing-and-matching-covid-19-vaccines-1.5451067

It makes me uncomfortable to read "no reason to believe at this time that this method to be unsafe". at least both my kids will get Pfizer. 
    Basic immunological science I said, not specific studies on these vaccines. We often mix and match vaccines, particularly boosters. Did you ever care which flu vaccine you got?  Each year there is more than one product. 

If someone is vaccinated with two different vaccines for the same infectious agent, the response is often better, because your immune system is getting exposed to two slightly different antigens for the same pathogen, which makes it more ready to respond when presented with actual viral particles. 
This discussion has been closed.