Options

The coronavirus

Comments

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,005
    edited May 2021
    PEI just laid out its plan for re-opening. I am surprised at the need to be single vaxxed by June 27th to get in without self isolating. They were wide open to the atlantic bubble last summer and to my knowledge everything was fine case wise.

1/3 of our group going to the island in July is not vaccinated and plan not to be. Curious what they are going to do now and if this is enough to persuade them to get it. Also I am curious what there plan is for kids that are not of age to get vaccinated. I would doubt that they need to self isolate if the people of age in the family are vaccinated. 

https://globalnews.ca/news/7897818/p-e-i-will-let-in-atlantic-canadians-with-at-least-1-dose-of-covid-19-vaccine-on-june-27

Post edited by PJNB on
  • Options
    PJNB said:

U.S. border to re-open June 22

Unilateral move by the U.S. government

https://www.allpointbulletin.com/stories/us-border-to-re-open-june-22,16610

I saw this too but how can US borders be opened before Canadian borders? They can't. BC's earliest that they will allow Canada wide recreational travel is July 1st. Hopefully it happens this summer I just can't see it that soon. 
    They can.  The Us can let Canadians in... it is not up to Canada or Trudeau what the US does with its own border.  Canada can reqiuire quarantine upon return...I will be heading to the US to get my second shot...and if I got to quarantine...then it's worth it.  Do not tell me we are all in this together, we are not...
    Ya I missed that huge headline of it being unilateral as I said above. What is your timeline to get your second shot in Canada? Mine is the end of June in New Brunswick. Also we are getting 2 million more Moderna shots by Jun 14th. That is a pretty good chunk and hopefully speeds up the second dose timeline. 

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,947
    remote learning for k-12 for an additional week. all stores 10% capacity. fuck this. this summer is going to suck. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    remote learning for k-12 for an additional week. all stores 10% capacity. fuck this. this summer is going to suck. 
    It will flip fast for you I know it will!

NB plans on removing all restrictions on Aug 2nd. Need 75% of 12 and ups to be double vaxxed. Just over 2 months away from that date and we still do not have 75% single vaxxed but the pace is pretty damn good right now. Hopefully we can keep it up .
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    It will flip fast for you I know it will!

NB plans on removing all restrictions on Aug 2nd. Need 75% of 12 and ups to be double vaxxed. Just over 2 months away from that date and we still do not have 75% single vaxxed but the pace is pretty damn good right now. Hopefully we can keep it up .
    I have my doubts. we have friends coming in from Vancouver early July. no way they're going to lift the quarantine requirements on travel in just over a month. so they won't be able to come. i still have 4 weeks off this summer, which will be awesome, but if I can't fucking do anything with my kids, it's going to be shyte. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304
    Don't lose hope, Alberta was the armpit of North America just a few weeks ago and it's totally turned around. Active cases have been more than halved here and we went from close to 2,500 cases a day to now around less than 400 and dropping fast 

The vaccines and more restricted measures will work soon.

If we can do it here in AB (the Texas of Canada) you guys shouldn't be too far behind.
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,845

CBC says we can blame these guys...
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,845
    edited May 2021
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:

I saw this too but how can US borders be opened before Canadian borders? They can't. BC's earliest that they will allow Canada wide recreational travel is July 1st. Hopefully it happens this summer I just can't see it that soon. 
    They can.  The Us can let Canadians in... it is not up to Canada or Trudeau what the US does with its own border.  Canada can reqiuire quarantine upon return...I will be heading to the US to get my second shot...and if I got to quarantine...then it's worth it.  Do not tell me we are all in this together, we are not...
    Ya I missed that huge headline of it being unilateral as I said above. What is your timeline to get your second shot in Canada? Mine is the end of June in New Brunswick. Also we are getting 2 million more Moderna shots by Jun 14th. That is a pretty good chunk and hopefully speeds up the second dose timeline. 

It was just announce BC will have 7-9 week interval rather than 12. (A few, like OR, have had their 2nd already.)
  • Options
    tish said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:

It was just announce BC will have 7-9 week interval rather than 12. (A few, like OR, have had their 2nd already.)
    Thats great. My province seems to think it can double vax 75% of the 12 and up group by Aug 2nd. 
  • Options
    dignin said:
    Don't lose hope, Alberta was the armpit of North America just a few weeks ago and it's totally turned around. Active cases have been more than halved here and we went from close to 2,500 cases a day to now around less than 400 and dropping fast 

The vaccines and more restricted measures will work soon.

If we can do it here in AB (the Texas of Canada) you guys shouldn't be too far behind.
    thanks. I really hope so. it sucks to be in this position....AGAIN, especially when you see literally everyone else in NA make reopening plans and whatnot. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,153
    Hugh

America is open for business, come on down!!!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    Hugh

lol, but when I come back, I still have to quarantine for two weeks. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,837
    mickeyrat said:
    Hugh

You can just move. South Dakota will not make you quarantine. If fact, they won't even allow it!
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    Hugh

2 weeks here, 2 weeks there. see, it fits perfectly...

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    tish said:

CBC says we can blame these guys...
    It must be said that Moderna has not been a star in terms of meeting their contract. Some of that seems to have been beyond their control but some seems to be just poor management. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    Another inducement for vaccination - concert promoter has differential pricing, with those who are vaccinated getting substantially cheaper ticket prices than those who are not. 

The unvaccinated fans aren’t being denied, they just have to pay more for the privilege. I am guessing few people would be willing to pay the unvax price but it remains to be seen if this will sway anyone. 

• Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,562
    Another inducement for vaccination - concert promoter has differential pricing, with those who are vaccinated getting substantially cheaper ticket prices than those who are not. 

The unvaccinated fans aren’t being denied, they just have to pay more for the privilege. I am guessing few people would be willing to pay the unvax price but it remains to be seen if this will sway anyone. 

People are going to make some serious money making fake vaccination cards if this becomes a thing.
  • Options

People are going to make some serious money making fake vaccination cards if this becomes a thing.

stunt. its a nobody heard of punk show at a vfw hall......

• Options
    mickeyrat said:

Publicity for publicity's sake? Trying to drum up ticket sales?
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

250 at $18 and 4 at $1000......

• Options
    mickeyrat said:

Who is playing at this particular show is irrelevant. It’s the concept that’s relevant, in the discussion of inducements. 
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,304
    mickeyrat said:

Teenage Bottlerocket is not a nobody heard of band.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

250 at $18 and 4 at $1000......
    That is a pretty small "VIP" section. I hope they get an "unvaxxed and proud" shirt with the ticket.
    Post edited by JeBurkhardt on
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,587
    Because this thing has been so politicized. And because the "right" thinks it is now okay to be openly hateful and anti-semitic. There are people who think this is okay...

• Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,392
    Because this thing has been so politicized. And because the "right" thinks it is now okay to be openly hateful and anti-semitic. There are people who think this is okay...

Hateworks
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    That actually turned my stomach.

The proud smile of the wearer makes me want to stick a red-hot spear up her ass. 
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,333
    Wtf is with these .i will be polite.   Cave dwellers
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,587
    hedonist said:

The proud smile of the wearer makes me want to stick a red-hot spear up her ass. 
    That would be too easy for her.

How about we shove her into a cattle car filled with her supporters and drive it around the German countryside for 3 days with no food or water and then drop her at Auschwitz and leave her and her friends there.
    Like they did to my relatives. 
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    hedonist said:

How about we shove her into a cattle car filled with her supporters and drive it around the German countryside for 3 days with no food or water and then drop her at Auschwitz and leave her and her friends there.
    And mine.

I am truly blown away by this. 
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,375
    hedonist said:
    hedonist said:

And mine.

I am truly blown away by this. 
    There’s nothing that’s out of bounds in our current state of affairs in this nation! Stuff like this has become ordinary.
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
This discussion has been closed.