Options

The coronavirus

Comments

• Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,632
    Ketchup only.... and that’s for dogs AND brats
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    Ketchup only.... and that’s for dogs AND brats
    Marxist
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,659
    Brown Mustard for dogs....perhaps with some chopped raw onions
    In Chicago I am totally down with that monstrosity they call a hot dog, it is pretty wonderful.

Ketchup is for fries.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731
    mickeyrat said:
    Interesting article by Nicholas Wade, a Nobel Prize winning science writer who wrote for the science section of the New York Times for many years, on the theory of the virus originating from the lab in Wuhan….

https://thebulletin.org/2021/05/the-origin-of-covid-did-people-or-nature-open-pandoras-box-at-wuhan/amp/

incredibly interesting, and incredibly long....

certainly a worthy read.
    Agree
    Hopefully everyone else will take the time to read it once they’re done talking about hot dogs. It’s definitely long, but it has to be long. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,659

• Options
    In Chicago I am totally down with that monstrosity they call a hot dog, it is pretty wonderful.

Ketchup is for fries.
    Yes, but brown mustard is better than ketchup which is better than yellow mustard. 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,848
    mace1229 said:
    and it's funny to me that people find the ketchup more offensive than the use of the american flag. 
    Didn’t even occur to me that could be offensive. Hotdog is about as American as it gets. It’s like putting a Mexican flag on a street taco. 
    Always thought I was in the minority using mustard and no ketchup. More common than I thought.
    not to derail, (however, we're talking about hot dogs in the 'rona thread lol), i've always found it highly bizarre that many americans claim the flag to be something to held with high esteem; then you see those same people with stars and stripes underwear. it just doesn't jive. 

I hope no one ever puts a canadian flag in my syryp. don't want to choke while eating my pancakes. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mace1229 said:
    and it's funny to me that people find the ketchup more offensive than the use of the american flag. 
    Didn’t even occur to me that could be offensive. Hotdog is about as American as it gets. It’s like putting a Mexican flag on a street taco. 
    Always thought I was in the minority using mustard and no ketchup. More common than I thought.
    not to derail, (however, we're talking about hot dogs in the 'rona thread lol), i've always found it highly bizarre that many americans claim the flag to be something to held with high esteem; then you see those same people with stars and stripes underwear. it just doesn't jive. 

I hope no one ever puts a canadian flag in my syryp. don't want to choke while eating my pancakes. 

These colors don't run, mofo!

Ha.  I think you are confusing the flag people with people with brains.  There is a code in how a flag is meant to be handled/displayed and most people who claim to love and respect the flag have no clue. 

People who put flags on their underwear are the same people afraid ("...not afraid of nothin!") to wear masks. 

F them.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,895
    mace1229 said:

was thinking the same as I walked past a display at the grocety store with 2 styles of flip flops , each with a variant of the flag on the footbed.

"I'm so patriotic. let me put my smelly dirty feet on the flag"
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:

was thinking the same as I walked past a display at the grocety store with 2 styles of flip flops , each with a variant of the flag on the footbed.

Y'all got me thinking about that Easy Rider scene of fucking the flag with money....

"We blew it."
    -- Captain America.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    mace1229 said:

Ha.  I think you are confusing the flag people with people with brains.  There is a code in how a flag is meant to be handled/displayed and most people who claim to love and respect the flag have no clue. 

People who put flags on their underwear are the same people afraid ("...not afraid of nothin!") to wear masks. 

F them.
    There's only one flag and one way to display it.  Unless you're a commie. 

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,253
    mrussel1 said:

Ketchup is for fries.
    Yes, but brown mustard is better than ketchup which is better than yellow mustard. 
    Yep. Brown mustard good

Yellow mustard:
    https://youtu.be/qP02Krpw2G8
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    Interesting article by Nicholas Wade, a Nobel Prize winning science writer who wrote for the science section of the New York Times for many years, on the theory of the virus originating from the lab in Wuhan….

https://thebulletin.org/2021/05/the-origin-of-covid-did-people-or-nature-open-pandoras-box-at-wuhan/amp/

certainly a worthy read.
    Agree
    Hopefully everyone else will take the time to read it once they’re done talking about hot dogs. It’s definitely long, but it has to be long. 
    holy hell. that was some intriguing reading. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mace1229 said:

F them.
    I actually never mentioned intelligence. I agree. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,017
    hedonist said:
    FiveBelow said:
    Ketchup has no place on a hotdog.
    Amen. 

Frankly (no pun intended), it’s sick and it’s wrong. Period. 
    Eating a hot dog and supporting the industry making hot dogs happen, is what is "sick" and "wrong". Period.
    What's wrong with the hot dog industry?
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    mace1229 said:
    hedonist said:
    FiveBelow said:
    Amen. 

Eating a hot dog and supporting the industry making hot dogs happen, is what is "sick" and "wrong". Period.
    What's wrong with the hot dog industry?

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    But aren't the low quality, giant cooperation hot dogs the ones that people complain about how they're made? There's plenty of quality hot dogs out there, I wouldn't label the whole industry as bad product.
    Besides, if you don't like hot dogs because how they're made grosses you out, I'm guessing you don't get along with your siblings either. 
  • Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,411
    edited May 2021
    I agree with all the responses so far...exactly right
    and if you don’t see America as just a bunch of bull crap then throw your complete thought process about us out. 
    There are great Americans, don’t get me wrong, but at least 1/2 - no clue where their heads are - those 1/2 plus another 1/4 work for the weekends....we love to party....must be amused at all times.....get drunk, make asses out of ourselves, etc., etc....the remaining 1/4 are great dedicated people to causes (like vaccines, science, philanthropy, climate change, doctors, artists) or listen to Pearl Jam trying in our own small way to make things better (funny but true?) very few Americans TRULY respect the flag....IMO 

and I’ll say it before anyone else does...in “save you” fashion...f me for keeping the derailment going after bitching about it....yes I guess I’m a toaster 
    Post edited by cblock4life on
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    mace1229 said:
    But aren't the low quality, giant cooperation hot dogs the ones that people complain about how they're made? There's plenty of quality hot dogs out there, I wouldn't label the whole industry as bad product.
    Besides, if you don't like hot dogs because how they're made grosses you out, I'm guessing you don't get along with your siblings either. 
    strict vegan. highly judgmental of all non-vegans. like I said......

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,253
    mace1229 said:
    strict vegan. highly judgmental of all non-vegans. like I said......

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,522
    mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:

Most likely they were proudly made in China.  
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    edited May 2021
    hedonist said:
    FiveBelow said:
    Amen. 

🙄
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,830
    edited May 2021
    hedonist said:
    hedonist said:
    FiveBelow said:
    Amen. 

🙄
    🙄🙄🙄
    one wasn’t enough. 
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739

What's the most popular hot dog topping?

https://www.northjersey.com/story/life/food/2017/07/07/whats-most-popular-hot-dog-topping/444209001/

mustard it is according to this 3 year old article..And Americans loves hot dogs, 7 billion dogs a year.  That’s a lotta dogs.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,250
    mickeyrat said:

certainly a worthy read.
    Agree
    Yes, good read. Took about 30 minutes to get through it all.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    Let's get back on topic please. A good hot dog discussion is great for All Encompassing Trip...please take it there. :)

Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    Kat said:
    Let's get back on topic please. A good hot dog discussion is great for All Encompassing Trip...please take it there. :)

Hot Dogs Are the Best Coronavirus, COVID-19 Quarantine Food (insider.com)
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,632
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options

I think it is short sighted and totally foolish, but am anxious to see what happens. 

Already have entry into the Philadelphia Marathon (November, rolled over from last year when it was cancelled) and the Broad Street Run (TBD, a 10 mile race through the city, last year was virtual) - and signed up for Run The Bridge 10K (November, last year was virtual) last week, which is now set at 500 people allowed to run in person when it is normally thousands.
    Not sure how this will go but have months to see how opening up works and make decisions in October/November.

• Options
    gvn2fly1421gvn2fly1421 Posts: 935

This discussion has been closed.