Options

The coronavirus

Comments

• Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,631
    https://news.yahoo.com/fauci-u-needs-start-being-214543637.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAFZfpsnG4SXBtjSfep34AGsvaBphDntqhUSnZLnRHfBJE4pCW2ykcBQFClUx3geyuRFo5PTGE8-RmBmXUngbDZ4CqQrAebqh1OqZBumOTPtNZh_-n13H6MspFhPanUrNzhuGaAb7nvANII3BALc4YN9NX2EI80NL-IsTdd-GlOlJ

“No I think so, I think you’re going to probably see that as we go along and as more people get vaccinated,” Fauci told ABC’s George Stephanopoulos. “The CDC will be, almost in real-time George, updating their recommendations and their guidelines. We do need to start being more liberal as we get more people vaccinated.”

“As you get more people vaccinated, the number of cases per day will absolutely go down. We’re averaging about 43,000 a day, we’ve got to get it much, much lower than that. When that gets lower, the risk of any infection indoor or outdoor diminishes dramatically,” Fauci added. 

Fauci’s comments come after the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention shifted its guidance last month to allow fully vaccinated individuals to go maskless outdoors, aside from in crowded settings. However, the agency still recommends that fully vaccinated individuals should wear masks indoors around unvaccinated people from multiple households and in indoor public spaces such as movie theaters, malls, museums and restaurants.

“We’re at the point right now where we can start lifting these ordinances and allowing people to resume normal activity, certainly outdoors we shouldn’t be putting limits on gatherings anymore, we should be encouraging people to go outside,” Gottlieb said Sunday on CBS’ Face the Nation. “In the states where prevalence is low, vaccination rates are high and we have good testing in place and we’re identifying infections, I think we can start lifting these restrictions indoors as well on a broad basis.”

2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,401
    https://news.yahoo.com/fauci-u-needs-start-being-214543637.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAFZfpsnG4SXBtjSfep34AGsvaBphDntqhUSnZLnRHfBJE4pCW2ykcBQFClUx3geyuRFo5PTGE8-RmBmXUngbDZ4CqQrAebqh1OqZBumOTPtNZh_-n13H6MspFhPanUrNzhuGaAb7nvANII3BALc4YN9NX2EI80NL-IsTdd-GlOlJ

“No I think so, I think you’re going to probably see that as we go along and as more people get vaccinated,” Fauci told ABC’s George Stephanopoulos. “The CDC will be, almost in real-time George, updating their recommendations and their guidelines. We do need to start being more liberal as we get more people vaccinated.”

“As you get more people vaccinated, the number of cases per day will absolutely go down. We’re averaging about 43,000 a day, we’ve got to get it much, much lower than that. When that gets lower, the risk of any infection indoor or outdoor diminishes dramatically,” Fauci added. 

Fauci’s comments come after the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention shifted its guidance last month to allow fully vaccinated individuals to go maskless outdoors, aside from in crowded settings. However, the agency still recommends that fully vaccinated individuals should wear masks indoors around unvaccinated people from multiple households and in indoor public spaces such as movie theaters, malls, museums and restaurants.

“We’re at the point right now where we can start lifting these ordinances and allowing people to resume normal activity, certainly outdoors we shouldn’t be putting limits on gatherings anymore, we should be encouraging people to go outside,” Gottlieb said Sunday on CBS’ Face the Nation. “In the states where prevalence is low, vaccination rates are high and we have good testing in place and we’re identifying infections, I think we can start lifting these restrictions indoors as well on a broad basis.”

See this right here.......these are the facts.  People who bitched about having their freedom taken away and who refuse to get a shot are just fucking brain dead. I used to think “how can I be this smart” in order to be politically correct but not any more......the people who don’t get that the vaccine gives them their freedom back have to have serious issues which realistically is very very sad.  Is this shit perfect right now.......probably not, bu it’s doing a pretty good fucking job.  If there’s seriously not something wrong with you - like for real - then get your heads out of your asses because it’s working and that has everything to do with the fucking brilliant doctors, scientists- whoever does this shit because I’m not smart enough to know that much - and nothing to do with politics and some to do with a president who knows how governments work. If you’re able to read this then you’re smart enough to know it’s the truth. 
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    Interesting article by Nicholas Wade, a Nobel Prize winning science writer who wrote for the science section of the New York Times for many years, on the theory of the virus originating from the lab in Wuhan….

https://thebulletin.org/2021/05/the-origin-of-covid-did-people-or-nature-open-pandoras-box-at-wuhan/amp/
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    edited May 2021
    tbergs said:
    hedonist said:
    FiveBelow said:
    Ketchup has no place on a hotdog.
    Amen. 

Frankly (no pun intended), it’s sick and it’s wrong. Period. 
    Derail continued...ketchup and hotdog, yes, ketchup and brat, vile.
    Heathens, the lot of you!

*to keep on topic, Fauci better not be a hotdog and ketchup fella. 
    Post edited by hedonist on
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,798
    Interesting article by Nicholas Wade, a Nobel Prize winning science writer who wrote for the science section of the New York Times for many years, on the theory of the virus originating from the lab in Wuhan….

https://thebulletin.org/2021/05/the-origin-of-covid-did-people-or-nature-open-pandoras-box-at-wuhan/amp/

incredibly interesting, and incredibly long....

certainly a worthy read.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    ketchup on hot dogs is completely and 100% normal. i've never heard anyone ever say otherwise. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    and it's funny to me that people find the ketchup more offensive than the use of the american flag. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    what was that about florida acting like covid didn't exist and being fine?

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/florida-reports-10000-covid-19-variant-cases-surge/story?id=77553100
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,186
    ketchup on hot dogs is completely and 100% normal. i've never heard anyone ever say otherwise. 
    Everyone’s favorite seems to be team mustard.
    https://www.foodandwine.com/news/obama-hot-dog-ketcup
  • Options
    maybe that's an american thing. at seriously every single hot dog stand in existence in the GWN you'll see ketchup, and you'll also see more people putting ketchup on it than mustard. 

me? i put it all on. ketchup, mustard (sweet with heat is the best), relish, onions, etc). up here during Jets games you can buy a Jet dog that comes with freaking perogies on it. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,787

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/florida-reports-10000-covid-19-variant-cases-surge/story?id=77553100
    Was bound  to happen when a bunch of animals descend on your state for a good old spring break. 
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    and it's funny to me that people find the ketchup more offensive than the use of the american flag. 
    :confused:
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,827
    I think we all agree that flags just don’t taste good. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,542
    FiveBelow said:
    Dijon ketchup?
  • Options
    tish said:
    FiveBelow said:
    Dijon ketchup?
    I’m not even going to pretend I knew such a thing existed. 
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    nicknyr15 said:

Was bound  to happen when a bunch of animals descend on your state for a good old spring break. 
    Gee, if only there were someone in charge of the state who could’ve forestalled such an eventuality. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,542
    FiveBelow said:
    tish said:
    FiveBelow said:
    Dijon ketchup?
    It's a barenakedladies kinda thing on the 1992 song, If I had a million dollars.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    tish said:
    FiveBelow said:
    tish said:
    FiveBelow said:
    Dijon ketchup?
    It's a barenakedladies kinda thing on the 1992 song, If I had a million dollars.
    But not real dijon ketchup (Eddie?), that’s cruel.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    tish said:
    FiveBelow said:
    tish said:
    FiveBelow said:
    Dijon ketchup?
    Never noticed that. I wasn’t the biggest barenaked ladies fan, though that song was hard to get away from for a bit. That and the one nobody should even attempt to sing.
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,013
    Didn’t even occur to me that could be offensive. Hotdog is about as American as it gets. It’s like putting a Mexican flag on a street taco. 
    Always thought I was in the minority using mustard and no ketchup. More common than I thought.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,166
    mace1229 said:
    Didn’t even occur to me that could be offensive. Hotdog is about as American as it gets. It’s like putting a Mexican flag on a street taco. 
    Always thought I was in the minority using mustard and no ketchup. More common than I thought.
    I don't know why, but if I'm camping and do a hot dog with a smokie on it, instead of a hot dog, I always go mustard only.  But if it's regular hot dog I seem to need to Ketchup (or bbq sauce), miracle whip and mustard :)   I think the miracle whip is the Dutch in me, except I'm slightly broken and prefer it to mayonnaise.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,019
    edited May 2021
    Not using ketchup on a hotdog is like 1 in 1000 here. Ketchup and mustard is the normal here:

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,963
    Same ketchup ahead of mustard here also. Both is done 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    FiveBelow said:
    Amen. 

Frankly (no pun intended), it’s sick and it’s wrong. Period. 
    Eating a hot dog and supporting the industry making hot dogs happen, is what is "sick" and "wrong". Period.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Based on today’s Fauci report regarding the low number of deaths and sickness this past flu season due to wearing masks will you wear one in the future during respiratory borne virus seasons or even from now on? 
    There should be a push to make "flu season" a period of mask wearing and social distancing. Maybe even have stricter rules for visiting elderly homes during this period etc.
  • Options
    Pap said:
    Weird seeing Eddie backed by Millencolin. Never knew he was a fan. Thought that would be more of a Jeff-thing. 

Should have done No Cigar.
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Smoother my hotdog 🌭 in mustard and I’m good…

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Toasters
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

incredibly interesting, and incredibly long....

certainly a worthy read.
    Agree
This discussion has been closed.