Options

The coronavirus

Comments

• Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,509
    Coronapass from Monday on Cyprus..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    gvn2fly1421gvn2fly1421 Posts: 935
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    Does it concern anyone that the latest VAERS reports shows another 39,000 weekly reports bringing the total to 157,000+ instances, yet the only reporting we get on it is "something is wrong with the data"?  When the numbers were lower it was "Yes, these things will happen" but as the data is changing it is "something is wrong with the data".  For comparison, they received as many reports last week alone as they did all of last year for all vaccines.

The problem with vaers is that literally anyone can post anything, got a vaccine and then ate 5 burritos and had diarrhea? Bam vaccine side effect, your 90 year old grandma that was dying of Alzheimer’s gets the vaccine and dies a couple weeks later, bam side effect.   All of these events are gone over by doctors and scientists, and when links are established more research is done, which led to j&j being taken off the market for a time.  So I’m not worried about vaers data if t he scientists aren’t.
    So VAERS is a big ol' nothing burger.  Cool, I get it.  But in your example, if my 90 year old grandma caught covid, then passed two weeks later she would be counted as a covid death.  So why are we not treating the vaccines the same way?

My dad who is retired and works for a major home improvement retailer lost a friend from work.  79 year old man who was three weeks removed from his second dose.  Heart attack.  Also found to have covid, and his death certificate had.... covid.  

It's just weird to me that no one is really digging into this stuff.  By no one, I mean some of the major outlets.
    Oh I think the Ethical Skeptic is digging pretty hard, manipulating data, inventing misleading graphs, etc.  He's doing a bang up job.  Maybe if your dad's friend that died with COVID in his system wasn't classified as a COVID death, he'd still be alive.  
    Nah, this is not coming from TES...  But below is...  More data that seems to suggest Covid-19 should have been called covid-18...

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631
    edited May 2021
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    Does it concern anyone that the latest VAERS reports shows another 39,000 weekly reports bringing the total to 157,000+ instances, yet the only reporting we get on it is "something is wrong with the data"?  When the numbers were lower it was "Yes, these things will happen" but as the data is changing it is "something is wrong with the data".  For comparison, they received as many reports last week alone as they did all of last year for all vaccines.

The problem with vaers is that literally anyone can post anything, got a vaccine and then ate 5 burritos and had diarrhea? Bam vaccine side effect, your 90 year old grandma that was dying of Alzheimer’s gets the vaccine and dies a couple weeks later, bam side effect.   All of these events are gone over by doctors and scientists, and when links are established more research is done, which led to j&j being taken off the market for a time.  So I’m not worried about vaers data if t he scientists aren’t.
    So VAERS is a big ol' nothing burger.  Cool, I get it.  But in your example, if my 90 year old grandma caught covid, then passed two weeks later she would be counted as a covid death.  So why are we not treating the vaccines the same way?

My dad who is retired and works for a major home improvement retailer lost a friend from work.  79 year old man who was three weeks removed from his second dose.  Heart attack.  Also found to have covid, and his death certificate had.... covid.  

It's just weird to me that no one is really digging into this stuff.  By no one, I mean some of the major outlets.
    Oh I think the Ethical Skeptic is digging pretty hard, manipulating data, inventing misleading graphs, etc.  He's doing a bang up job.  Maybe if your dad's friend that died with COVID in his system wasn't classified as a COVID death, he'd still be alive.  
    Nah, this is not coming from TES...  But below is...  More data that seems to suggest Covid-19 should have been called covid-18...

Considering previous misrepresentations, I'll pass on even evaluating anything  says from now on. [Name-calling removed by Admin. See Posting Guidelines to preserve posting privileges.}
    Post edited by Kat on
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:

Considering previous misrepresentations, I'll pass on even evaluating anything says from now on. 
    [Name-calling removed by Admin. See Posting Guidelines to preserve posting privileges.}
    As TES puts it himself...

How come no one is reporting on this stuff and it seems taboo to try to find answers?
    Post edited by Kat on
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,609
    edited May 2021
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:

Considering previous misrepresentations, I'll pass on even evaluating anything  says from now on. 
    [Name-calling removed by Admin. See Posting Guidelines to preserve posting privileges.}
    As TES puts it himself...

How come no one is reporting on this stuff and it seems taboo to try to find answers?
    But you've found all of the "answers." What do you need the lame stream media and fake news for?
    Post edited by Kat on
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    There seems to be a major disconnect from a majority in this thread with what happens in the real world.  The majority in this thread seem to think that catching the virus equates to automatic death.  Reality is that is far from the case.  In fact, catching the virus for most means you do not even know you have it.

If the virus was making it's way around the world in 2018, and even in the US in late 2019 ( https://academic.oup.com/cid/advance-article/doi/10.1093/cid/ciaa1785/6012472 ), you have to eventually ask yourself, were all the mitigation efforts worth it?  

Dunno, just food for thought.

• Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,824
    There seems to be a major disconnect from a majority in this thread with what happens in the real world.  The majority in this thread seem to think that catching the virus equates to automatic death.  Reality is that is far from the case.  In fact, catching the virus for most means you do not even know you have it.

If the virus was making it's way around the world in 2018, and even in the US in late 2019 ( https://academic.oup.com/cid/advance-article/doi/10.1093/cid/ciaa1785/6012472 ), you have to eventually ask yourself, were all the mitigation efforts worth it?  

Survival rate is problematic for two reasons. First, it's not just that you catch it, it's that you have the potential to spread it to several others, who will spread it to others...exponential spread. Some of those people will die. Second is we're not yet certain about the impact of quality of life. If I survive covid and it doesn't reduce my length of life but I'm struggling for every breath? No thanks. Some people are bouncing back well. I do have a friend who's 45, five or six months removed, and still struggling, though.

Survival rates is an over-simplified way to assess this, particularly if you're interested in helping the greater good.*

*Stop laughing; I'm serious. Some people are interested.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833

literally no one here has said that, or even come close to inferring it. just stop. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,237

literally no one here has said that, or even come close to inferring it. just stop. 
    I don’t know….lots of talk in here about you killing your neighbor if you don’t vaccinate yourself….it’s kind of the same thought.
  • Options

I don’t know….lots of talk in here about you killing your neighbor if you don’t vaccinate yourself….it’s kind of the same thought.
    It's shorthand for the reality that spreading it endangers others.  And someone will die, even if it's someone a few people removed. That said, the more of us that are vaccinated, the less likely that is to happen.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    static111 said:

Doctors and scientists are going over it daily to look for actual causal relationships. Not anecdotal connections.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    This virus sucks:
    https://physoc.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1113/EP089481
    They are seeing cardiovascular issues in people that didn’t even get a “bad” case of it.   
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,756
    PJPOWER said:
    This virus sucks:
    They are seeing cardiovascular issues in people that didn’t even get a “bad” case of it.   
     I would love to see a before and after of the same person with this not just 1 group prior and a different group after. 
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    PJNB said:
    PJPOWER said:
    This virus sucks:
     I would love to see a before and after of the same person with this not just 1 group prior and a different group after. 
    It was a small sample group too, but one more study in a pile of evidence that reaffirms this virus may have long term effects beyond the initial infection.
  • Options
    static111 said:
    static111 said:

Doctors and scientists are going over it daily to look for actual causal relationships. Not anecdotal connections.
    They need to educate themselves!
    Youtube.com
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,542
    edited May 2021

Let's put this into perspective and "maybe kill it better yet" shall we?

The mentioning of 'killing' or spreading the virus to others if children get a choice to not vaccinate, pertained to a discussion about the pressure kids might have.

Kids blame themselves for parents' divorces, so it's not too out-of-proportion for children to misconstrue, from an egocentric stage in child development, some of the messages they are getting from media (not parents).
    Post edited by Spunkie on
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    edited May 2021
    manitoba locked up tight again. basically everything is shut down. businesses can run at 10% capacity. all churches, restaurants (even outdoor patios), libraries, museums, gyms, "personal care", dance classes, even outdoor sports. until may 30. 

and we have inside info that grades 7-12 will go full remote learning on monday. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    I'm sure there are some here who will remark that Manitoba should just get on with things.  People are fed up.
    :get_outta_here:

Hope the numbers go back down and they can safely open back up again soon.
    Fucking Covid.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    manitoba locked up tight again. basically everything is shut down. businesses can run at 10% capacity. all churches, restaurants (even outdoor patios), libraries, museums, gyms, "personal care", dance classes, even outdoor sports. until may 30. 

and we have inside info that grades 7-12 will go full remote learning on monday. 
    One good thing with this wave compared to Novembers is the deaths are not nearly as high. Hopefully the lockdowns work along with the vaccine distributions being ramped up and the summer things can open up for you guys. 
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    By and large, the 12+ year olds will be as fine as all the rest of us regarding the vaccine. The science-powers-that-be are not going to release a vaccine to younger people if it's significantly unsafe. They take a bunch of shots as babies. They cry because, let's face it, none of us like to be stuck with needles. They survive it, though, don't they?

If "media" is causing so much generalized teenage anxiety, TURN IT OFF. Take their damn phones away from them, change the channel. That's the solution. I've had it with parents blaming social media for their children's anxiety. Children only have access to social media because ADULTS have sold it to their PARENTS, and their parents allow their kids to get addicted to it. This problem did not begin with Covid.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    :lol:.      

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,116
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:

Taiwan and S Korea had 1800 covid deaths  combined for 2020 AND 2021 - where exactly do you expect to see such a small amount show up in these charts? For the USA, the chart does a good job proving the devastating impact.
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,116
    static111 said:

Here are covid hospitalizations in NY. We can see in April 2020, it went from a couple hundred to fifteen thousand in a couple of weeks. We then see from may to aug 20 NY hospitalizations drop rapidly when the state has strict lockdowns. Then when schools and business started reopening in late summer and fall, cases started to gradually rise, followed by a steep rise in the winter. Then we see a sharp decline in April to May 2021 as most adult NYers are vaccinated?

Are you saying the NY doctors treating thousands of patients in April 2020 did not know their patients were suffering from something other than covid? That there is some other mysterious force at play here preventing them from breathing in the matter of days and sending people to the hospital that matches the alleged facts reported by the media - a huge surge at the beginning when we didn’t know how fast nor how much was coming? That closing businesses stopped some other highly communicable disease that caused NY hospitals to empty out? That opening schools and businesses in the fall created some other reason for hospitals to get busier again?

That winter created some other dangerous highly communicable disease packing hospitals again ? And finally, something other than the vaccine caused hospitals to empty again?

Look, I know we are being trolled, in fact trump trolled the entire country which will not recover from his misinformation for years to come. But this statistic is very clear. 

I am sorry if your grandma passed, and it’s impossible to understand covid anecdotally, but the hospitalizations in NY paint a very clear picture what’s been happening the last 15 months.

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,827
    static111 said:

Because pathophysiology
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,787
    73,000 people at the Canelo fight last night in Texas. 
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,963
    nicknyr15 said:
    And thats without  the gypsy travellers 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,299
    nicknyr15 said:
    I’m sure the virus was strong with this crowd! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,787
    nicknyr15 said:
    I guess we have to wait and see. Regardless of politics we should be all be rooting against that happening no?
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    I guess we have to wait and see. Regardless of politics we should be all be rooting against that happening no?
    100% 
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,299
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Yes! Just weird that now it’s at your own risk to go out to anything with crowds..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
This discussion has been closed.