Shut out once again. Ten Club, I would like an explanation

Comments

• JR86440 said:
    JR86440 said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    I'm sick of seeing the word "seniority".
    Why is that? Explain.
    I actually have to explain that?
    Yes, because it makes no sense.  That or you don't have any, which then I could see it would be irritating.
    It also makes no sense that we have to get personal about it, so quit the arrogance.

Seniority is stupid because it's fundamentally irrelevant. People saying "I have this number" and boasting some sort of entitlement over other fans is pathetic. I pay the same amount of money as you, so we both should have equal opportunity in getting tickets.

So THERE, that's why I hate the constant spitting of "seniority".
    I have seniority over you.   Over the years, I have paid way more than you.    But regardless, we still have the same shot at tickets.   Neat, huh?
    This isn't a pension pot.
    And we both have the same shot at tickets.  What is the problem here?
    None. I just want people to stop harping on about "seniority", that's all.
    Who is harping on about it, and why does that matter? 

The only time seniority comes into play, is IF you get tickets and IF you get reserved seats.   Then the tickets are distributed by senority first.   There really isnt too much to brag about, otherwise.  
    Exactly, you're proving my point. I'm just saying people keep talking about how long they've been in the fan club and essentially saying they should get preferential treatment. Not just here, but people quoting their fan club numbers. Who cares?
    Are there seriously people who are saying "I have seniority, I should have better access to tickets than you!"

Correct. Seniority doesn't matter, nor should it for the lottery. However, with 99% odds, you should receive tickets. I checked odds just before pre sale ended and all 99% except for NY and Baltimore
    At the risk of being pedantic, that 1% are not going to get tickets.
    99% is 100%. They just can't put that there for obvious reasons
    Surely at some point 99% has to truly mean 99% no? Just before it hits 98%? I'm not trying to split hairs here, but it can't jump from 100% (masquerading as 99%) down to 98%..
    can it?

2016: Toronto I, Chicago I + II
    2018: Seattle I + II, Chicago I + II
    2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec, Hamilton, Nashville, St. Louis, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich
  • JR86440 said:
    JR86440 said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Why is that? Explain.
    Yes, because it makes no sense.  That or you don't have any, which then I could see it would be irritating.
    It also makes no sense that we have to get personal about it, so quit the arrogance.

Seniority is stupid because it's fundamentally irrelevant. People saying "I have this number" and boasting some sort of entitlement over other fans is pathetic. I pay the same amount of money as you, so we both should have equal opportunity in getting tickets.

I have seniority over you.   Over the years, I have paid way more than you.    But regardless, we still have the same shot at tickets.   Neat, huh?

The only time seniority comes into play, is IF you get tickets and IF you get reserved seats.   Then the tickets are distributed by senority first.   There really isnt too much to brag about, otherwise.  
    Exactly, you're proving my point. I'm just saying people keep talking about how long they've been in the fan club and essentially saying they should get preferential treatment. Not just here, but people quoting their fan club numbers. Who cares?
    Are there seriously people who are saying "I have seniority, I should have better access to tickets than you!"

Correct. Seniority doesn't matter, nor should it for the lottery. However, with 99% odds, you should receive tickets. I checked odds just before pre sale ended and all 99% except for NY and Baltimore
    Surely at some point 99% has to truly mean 99% no? Just before it hits 98%? I'm not trying to split hairs here, but it can't jump from 100% (masquerading as 99%) down to 98%..
    can it?

I wouldn't read too much into it, I can't tell if it was a serious answer.
    2012 – Manchester II
    2014 – Amsterdam I & II, Gdynia, Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2016 – Wrigley I & II
    2017 – Amsterdam III [EV]
    2018 – London I, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Wrigley I & II
    2019 – Dublin [EV]
    2022 – Copenhagen, Hyde Park I, St. Louis
    2023 – Chicago I & II
    2024 – Dublin, Manchester, Wrigley I & II, NYC I & II
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    JR86440 said:
    JR86440 said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Why is that? Explain.

can it?

Yes, at some point 99% briefly does truly become 99%. So for every show it is possible that there is a 1%. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • rhpot1991rhpot1991 Posts: 151
    How do people know they are shut out if the announcement window hasn't ended yet?
  • Gonzo1977 said:
    Gonzo1977 said:
    Gonzo1977 said:
     All I'm saying...Never had an issue getting tickets until THIS tour.
    Maybe I've been lucky for 25 years...I don't fucking know.

Regardless, still a bit strange to get shut out of 1 Canadian show when others are getting confirmed for all 4 Canadian shows.

Anyways, looking forward to the new album.
    Enjoy your shows..I'm sure I'll eventually get my tickets through Ticketmaster and all will be good.

If not, I'll catch them on the next album tour ...7 years from now... when a whole new ticketing system is in place.

Good luck and I hope you secure tickets. Still curious though...what did you submit for?  GA?  And do you think older 10c numbers should get priority over newer members? 
    Submitted for Toronto & Hamilton - both for Best Available. Odds showed 99% chance. I know it's not a popular opinion on here...but yeah seniority should  give you a leg up on newer members ; especially if newer members are getting confirmed for 4 Canadian shows when I can't even get confirmed for 1 home town show. Makes zero sense to me.  
    Thanks for responding. If you didn’t make a mistake in the process you are only 1 of 2 people that has happened to
    Guess I'm in the 1% then because I know there wasn't a mistake. Whatever, I'll get there.
    Gonzo...my man....at some point we need to acknowledge that your issue with this ticketing has not been experienced by any of the thousands (?) of fans that have gone through this process over the first day and a half that the lottery has been chugging along. At worst, the system had a glitch that happened to occur to you (we are nearly all sympathetic)....at best (for the rest of the ticket lottery population) you mis-keyed something...this still sucks serious ass because any of us could be guilty of that.  But it is better than the random hand of digital doom descending upon random, unsuspecting 10C members.  

Please accept our hearfelt (and I mean it) 10C family "sorry for your loss"...it sucks....a lot....we would not want it to happen to us.  Now can some admin shut this down....Hey McGruff disparage me in some horribly inappropriate way so this thing is put out of its' misery.
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Posts: 3,462
    rhpot1991 said:
    How do people know they are shut out if the announcement window hasn't ended yet?
    It has ended for the Canadian shows
  • ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    Gonzo1977 said:
    Gonzo1977 said:
    Gonzo1977 said:

Regardless, still a bit strange to get shut out of 1 Canadian show when others are getting confirmed for all 4 Canadian shows.

Enjoy your shows..I'm sure I'll eventually get my tickets through Ticketmaster and all will be good.

If not, I'll catch them on the next album tour ...7 years from now... when a whole new ticketing system is in place.

Good luck and I hope you secure tickets. Still curious though...what did you submit for?  GA?  And do you think older 10c numbers should get priority over newer members? 
    Submitted for Toronto & Hamilton - both for Best Available. Odds showed 99% chance. I know it's not a popular opinion on here...but yeah seniority should  give you a leg up on newer members ; especially if newer members are getting confirmed for 4 Canadian shows when I can't even get confirmed for 1 home town show. Makes zero sense to me.  
    Thanks for responding. If you didn’t make a mistake in the process you are only 1 of 2 people that has happened to
    Guess I'm in the 1% then because I know there wasn't a mistake. Whatever, I'll get there.
    Gonzo...my man....at some point we need to acknowledge that your issue with this ticketing has not been experienced by any of the thousands (?) of fans that have gone through this process over the first day and a half that the lottery has been chugging along. At worst, the system had a glitch that happened to occur to you (we are nearly all sympathetic)....at best (for the rest of the ticket lottery population) you mis-keyed something...this still sucks serious ass because any of us could be guilty of that.  But it is better than the random hand of digital doom descending upon random, unsuspecting 10C members.  

Please accept our hearfelt (and I mean it) 10C family "sorry for your loss"...it sucks....a lot....we would not want it to happen to us.  Now can some admin shut this down....Hey McGruff disparage me in some horribly inappropriate way so this thing is put out of its' misery.
    Whoa, Hunter S. Thompson speaking truth to Gonzo. Very nice. 
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,590
    rhpot1991 said:
    Some are getting emails that said "Sorry, you did not get tickets"
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • TT98TT98 Posts: 135
    Yes happened to me as well, shut out on 1st priority. Got 2nd priority however but considering I’m staying 10 min from Hamilton arena not impressed I missed that one.

Definitely not a fool proof system obviously but what can you do, I’ll try my luck on public sale I guess.
  • JR86440JR86440 Posts: 742
    JR86440 said:
    JR86440 said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Why is that? Explain.

can it?

Right. But that one dude got shut out of all 4 shows. No way that happens with 99% odds. One show, yes, but if all say 99%....
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,590
    Gonzo1977 said:
    Gonzo1977 said:
    Gonzo1977 said:

Agreed with this.   It sucks.   If this person TRULY didn't mess up on anything (different emails between 10C and TM, bad credit card info, not enough on CC, whatever else)....then they SHOULD ask the 10C what happened.   

I mean, its not like this person was asking for MSG GA and wondering why they dont have tickets.   But yeah, its sounds like this is one of two total cases where someone got shut out, and in neither case could we confirm it was not user error. 
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • ratstenratsten Posts: 30
    They should follow the Metallica method they used for their fan club tickets.  Hell, I signed up a few days before their tickets went on sale and was sent a code and info when the window for selecting tickets was open.  A few clicks later and I had 2 tickets in the pitt!  Pearl Jam should try playing in the round.  Give every fan a chance to feel closer to the show.    
  • PJNB said:
    I missed the last 6 pages. Where are we at?
    Pretty much where we were 6 pages ago. One or two people pissed off they fucked up their entries and now feel 10c owes them something 

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • I have had nothing to do at work this afternoon.  This thread has been a fucking life saver.  Truly, thank you all
  • KC2917KC2917 Posts: 872
    I have had nothing to do at work this afternoon.  This thread has been a fucking life saver.  Truly, thank you all
    Be sure to check out the one where someone was billed twice for the new LP and now thinks they’ll overdraft for tickets. Pure gold. 
  • KC2917 said:
    I have had nothing to do at work this afternoon.  This thread has been a fucking life saver.  Truly, thank you all
    Be sure to check out the one where someone was billed twice for the new LP and now thinks they’ll overdraft for tickets. Pure gold. 
    Holy shit.  You weren’t lying. 
  • Got tickets, but if I didn’t get tickets... :lol: 

Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• KC2917 said:
    That is pure gold!  
    91 - Ames Iowa CY Stephens Auditorium
    Lots Lots Lots of shows.....
    2018 - Seattle 2/Missoula
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,252
    edited January 2020
    KC2917 said:
    Or the missing singles one where someone has contacted the Attorney Generals Office for the 10c practicing unfair and deceptive business practices.
    Post edited by Abe Froman on
  • KC2917 said:
    Or the missing singles one where someone has contacted the Attorney Generals Office for the 10c practicing unfair business tactics.
    Lmfao. Wait what?
    2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec, Hamilton, Nashville, St. Louis, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,252
    KC2917 said:
    Or the missing singles one where someone has contacted the Attorney Generals Office for the 10c practicing unfair business tactics.
    Lmfao. Wait what?
    No... for real!  Its unbelievable.
  • KC2917 said:
    Lmfao. Wait what?
    No... for real!  Its unbelievable.
    Now that is gold
  • KC2917KC2917 Posts: 872
    KC2917 said:
    Or the missing singles one where someone has contacted the Attorney Generals Office for the 10c practicing unfair and deceptive business practices.
    Winner!
  • In case anyone is left following this thread and was nervous about the original post and all of the speculation about mismatches and inconsistencies in their submission, here is my experience. I got confirmed for LA 1/2. 

Name of 10C / TM account match?: Yes
    TM account have First and Last Name: Yes
    10C email / TM email match?: No
    10C account name / Credit card account name match?: No
    # of ticket request submissions?: 1

Maybe this helps some folks waiting out the lottery and worrying about these details. Good luck everyone. 

• I had a crap day at work.  This thread totally makes up for it.
    91 - Ames Iowa CY Stephens Auditorium
    Lots Lots Lots of shows.....
    2018 - Seattle 2/Missoula
  • jerparker20jerparker20 Posts: 2,466
    edited January 2020
    In case anyone is left following this thread and was nervous about the original post and all of the speculation about mismatches and inconsistencies in their submission, here is my experience. I got confirmed for LA 1/2. 

Name of 10C / TM account match?: Yes
    TM account have First and Last Name: Yes
    10C email / TM email match?: No
    10C account name / Credit card account name match?: No
    # of ticket request submissions?: 1

Maybe this helps some folks waiting out the lottery and worrying about these details. Good luck everyone. 

At this point, everyone has moved on from tickets to the unknown regions of Crazytown.

Hands down one of the greatest days on these forums in a very long time!

Awesome job everyone!!!
    Post edited by jerparker20 on
  • amethgr8amethgr8 Posts: 766
    It totally love the forum as no one in my immediate family/friends truly understands the impact of a PJ show and either they roll their eyes, they glaze over after me explaining different lottery theories presented on the board or they change the subject as soon as I pause.  So thanks for everyone's input.

I don't think PJ will ever go back to seats on the main floor.  When they did have seats in GA, older members got the best seats for years and for that I am very thankful. Pearl Jam has to consider ALL of their fans, young and old (fan club age), and going to GA has allowed a mix of both.  Older members still get the best reserved seat and I am also grateful for that as my husband doesn't care for compact chaos that goes on in GA.

the fan club has to be over 100,000 active members with numbers into the 700k range, minimum.  I've been checking the forum, off and on, reading, feeling and learning from everyone's experiences and point of view, but there has only been a couple hundred people on here at any given time.  I don't think the number of people that didn't score tix is fully represented in just a few people.  Even if odds are at 99% and there are 7000 tix, 1% is 70 tix, all pairs, that would be a minimum of 35 shut out and we do not have replies from 35 people, with their picks, being shut out.

why does someone get tix on a 7th choice over someone on their 1st choice, I don't know.  I have theories and have tried to illustrate them but am countered with members that believe the lottery can be figured out and there is no factor of chance.
    Amy The Great #74594
    New Orleans LA 7/4/95 reschedule 9/17/95
    Chicago IL 1998, 10/9/00, 06/18/03, 05/16/06, 05/17/06
    08/23/09, 08/24/09, Lolla 08/05/07
    Champaign IL 4/23/03
    Grand Rapids MI VFC 10/03/04
    Grand Rapids MI 19May06
    Noblesville IN 05/07/10 Cleveland OH 05/09/10
    PJ 20 2011
    Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Seattle WA 2013
    St. Louis MO, Milwaukee WI 2014
    Tampa FL, Chicago IL, Lexington KY 2016
    Missoula MT 2018
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,217
    Poncier said:
    JimmyV said:
    317 new posts on this thread since last time I checked the forum.   :)   After reading through some of these posts for the lottery.....I completely understand the people I talk to at pre-shows that roll their eyes if anyone asks if they go to the message boards.   This shit is ridiculous.  

I'm worried that when I lose Baltimore on Sunday I will lose my mind as well. 
    A wise man once said "you can't lose what you've already lost". =)
    No it’s “ you can’t loose what you never had “ we’re not guaranteed anything by being long time members period 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,536
    Gonzo1977 said:
    Gonzo1977 said:
    Gonzo1977 said:

So the OP Moses had his issue resolved? I’ve been away from the board for a while and just checked Moses comments, his last one was at 11.06AM (EST) and there was no reference of his issue being resolved. Does he have another ID here? You spoke on the phone with him?

I am not sure why there is victim blaming here and why the heck you want to shut this down. And why you are misrepresenting facts (day and a half, it’s not, it’s just the first day that got reject notices). And minimizing the number of members impacted (it’s at least Moses, Gonzo, and two others who posted here, Gonzo is not the only one).

At the very least all members deserve an explanation why low priority picks are beating higher priority picks in isolated cases (as far as we know - We don’t know how many members don’t post here or don’t want to go public with a complaint). 10c could admit the odds are wrong, but that does not seem to be case here.

This could have been solved with an ACCURATE email if there was some sort of processing issue. But it should be statistically impossible for a low priority pick to beat a higher priority one. ALL customers deserve transparency.
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,536
    amethgr8 said:

why does someone get tix on a 7th choice over someone on their 1st choice, I don't know.  I have theories and have tried to illustrate them but am countered with members that believe the lottery can be figured out and there is no factor of chance.

The rules of the lottery draw are supposed to be by the priority we assign the pick. They should take everybody’s first pick for a show and only look at that pick for everyone before going to anybody’s second pick. What a few fans are saying happened should be impossible. The most likely explanation is some sort of processing error, but the vendor did not take the care as of yet to accurately notify the customer of what the precise issue is.  

Since this only occurred to a few isolated incidents it should be easy for the vendor to identify and let all customers know what happened so we can be ensured all entries will be handled fairly and accurately.