Shut out once again. Ten Club, I would like an explanation

Comments

• UtahBoltUtahBolt Posts: 188
    If anyone is still keeping track and/or cares, I updated my last name this morning and landed both LA shows.  Seems like this has been debunked but just in case anyone is still worried about that drama from this morning.
  • 317 new posts on this thread since last time I checked the forum.   :)   After reading through some of these posts for the lottery.....I completely understand the people I talk to at pre-shows that roll their eyes if anyone asks if they go to the message boards.   This shit is ridiculous.  

Like a word misplaced...nothing said...what a waste
  • pulling69pulling69 Posts: 983
    tdawe said:
    pjl44 said:
    Lessons learned from the new system:

1. Go back to all seats
    2. Ditch the odds
    3. Close the forums until all tickets have been distributed and seat locations revealed

It's the only way this will work. We've been given choice and information and it just short circuits everyone. 
    Are you not entertained?
    Oh this thread is great entertainment....Loads of people that can't read good, poorly filled out profiles, procedural errors, and piles and piles of butthurt. I for one hope this goes on through Sunday.

"Populated with every reject and cutthroat from Bombay to Calcutta. It's worse than Detroit."
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,590
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    I'm sick of seeing the word "seniority".
    Why is that? Explain.
    I actually have to explain that?
    Yes, because it makes no sense.  That or you don't have any, which then I could see it would be irritating.
    It also makes no sense that we have to get personal about it, so quit the arrogance.

Seniority is stupid because it's fundamentally irrelevant. People saying "I have this number" and boasting some sort of entitlement over other fans is pathetic. I pay the same amount of money as you, so we both should have equal opportunity in getting tickets.

So THERE, that's why I hate the constant spitting of "seniority".
    I have seniority over you.   Over the years, I have paid way more than you.    But regardless, we still have the same shot at tickets.   Neat, huh?
    This isn't a pension pot.
    And we both have the same shot at tickets.  What is the problem here?
    None. I just want people to stop harping on about "seniority", that's all.
    Who is harping on about it, and why does that matter? 

The only time seniority comes into play, is IF you get tickets and IF you get reserved seats.   Then the tickets are distributed by senority first.   There really isnt too much to brag about, otherwise.  
    Exactly, you're proving my point. I'm just saying people keep talking about how long they've been in the fan club and essentially saying they should get preferential treatment. Not just here, but people quoting their fan club numbers. Who cares?
    Are there seriously people who are saying "I have seniority, I should have better access to tickets than you!"

Where have you been?
    I missed the first offender.....

Yes,  you and I have no issues.  :)  I had responded to the wrong post at one point.  
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    edited January 2020
    317 new posts on this thread since last time I checked the forum.   :)   After reading through some of these posts for the lottery.....I completely understand the people I talk to at pre-shows that roll their eyes if anyone asks if they go to the message boards.   This shit is ridiculous.  

I'm worried that when I lose Baltimore on Sunday I will lose my mind as well. If you see me on here ranting about seniority and how I deserved to win, please send help.
    Post edited by JimmyV on

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    I'm sick of seeing the word "seniority".
    Why is that? Explain.
    I actually have to explain that?
    Yes, because it makes no sense.  That or you don't have any, which then I could see it would be irritating.
    It also makes no sense that we have to get personal about it, so quit the arrogance.

Seniority is stupid because it's fundamentally irrelevant. People saying "I have this number" and boasting some sort of entitlement over other fans is pathetic. I pay the same amount of money as you, so we both should have equal opportunity in getting tickets.

So THERE, that's why I hate the constant spitting of "seniority".
    I have seniority over you.   Over the years, I have paid way more than you.    But regardless, we still have the same shot at tickets.   Neat, huh?
    This isn't a pension pot.
    And we both have the same shot at tickets.  What is the problem here?
    None. I just want people to stop harping on about "seniority", that's all.
    Who is harping on about it, and why does that matter? 

The only time seniority comes into play, is IF you get tickets and IF you get reserved seats.   Then the tickets are distributed by senority first.   There really isnt too much to brag about, otherwise.  
    Exactly, you're proving my point. I'm just saying people keep talking about how long they've been in the fan club and essentially saying they should get preferential treatment. Not just here, but people quoting their fan club numbers. Who cares?
    Are there seriously people who are saying "I have seniority, I should have better access to tickets than you!"

Where have you been?
    I missed the first offender.....

Yes,  you and I have no issues.  :)  I had responded to the wrong post at one point.  
    We're good! Hope you've been lucky in the draw.
    2012 – Manchester II
    2014 – Amsterdam I & II, Gdynia, Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2016 – Wrigley I & II
    2017 – Amsterdam III [EV]
    2018 – London I, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Wrigley I & II
    2019 – Dublin [EV]
    2022 – Copenhagen, Hyde Park I, St. Louis
    2023 – Chicago I & II
    2024 – Dublin, Manchester, Wrigley I & II, NYC I & II
  • What'd I miss?
    That I no longer give a fuck
    Who is wrong and who’s right
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,465
    What'd I miss?
    Lost the money pit.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,680
    JimmyV said:
    317 new posts on this thread since last time I checked the forum.   :)   After reading through some of these posts for the lottery.....I completely understand the people I talk to at pre-shows that roll their eyes if anyone asks if they go to the message boards.   This shit is ridiculous.  

I'm worried that when I lose Baltimore on Sunday I will lose my mind as well. 
    A wise man once said "you can't lose what you've already lost". =)
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696
     All I'm saying...Never had an issue getting tickets until THIS tour.
    Maybe I've been lucky for 25 years...I don't fucking know.

Regardless, still a bit strange to get shut out of 1 Canadian show when others are getting confirmed for all 4 Canadian shows.

Anyways, looking forward to the new album.
    Enjoy your shows..I'm sure I'll eventually get my tickets through Ticketmaster and all will be good.

If not, I'll catch them on the next album tour ...7 years from now... when a whole new ticketing system is in place.

• Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,590
    Gonzo1977 said:

Regardless, still a bit strange to get shut out of 1 Canadian show when others are getting confirmed for all 4 Canadian shows.

Enjoy your shows..I'm sure I'll eventually get my tickets through Ticketmaster and all will be good.

If not, I'll catch them on the next album tour ...7 years from now... when a whole new ticketing system is in place.

Without going back over 25 pages of posts....What were your picks and priorities?

Also, I have gotten shut out multiple times prior to this tour. 
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,252
    Gonzo1977 said:

Good luck and I hope you secure tickets. Still curious though...what did you submit for?  GA?  And do you think older 10c numbers should get priority over newer members? 
    I think you have been lucky since 2013 if you got everything. I've been shut out more than i've won since then. But likely because I go for so many in populated areas.
    Oh man starting to get good in here

"Populated with every reject and cutthroat from Bombay to Calcutta. It's worse than Detroit."
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    I missed the last 6 pages. Where are we at?
    Acceptance.
  • PJNB said:
    Tranquility
    2012 – Manchester II
    2014 – Amsterdam I & II, Gdynia, Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2016 – Wrigley I & II
    2017 – Amsterdam III [EV]
    2018 – London I, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Wrigley I & II
    2019 – Dublin [EV]
    2022 – Copenhagen, Hyde Park I, St. Louis
    2023 – Chicago I & II
    2024 – Dublin, Manchester, Wrigley I & II, NYC I & II
    PJNB said:
    Pretty much where we were 6 pages ago. One or two people pissed off they fucked up their entries and now feel 10c owes them something 
  • buck502000buck502000 Posts: 8,951
    RK50065 said:
    Where's Buck when you need him
    @buck502000 certainly hates this thread!

SPEAK MY NAME AND I SHALL APPEAR!!!! I HATE EVERYONE!!! bUCK
    Gonzo1977 said:

Good luck and I hope you secure tickets. Still curious though...what did you submit for?  GA?  And do you think older 10c numbers should get priority over newer members? 
    Submitted for Toronto & Hamilton - both for Best Available. Odds showed 99% chance. I know it's not a popular opinion on here...but yeah seniority should  give you a leg up on newer members ; especially if newer members are getting confirmed for 4 Canadian shows when I can't even get confirmed for 1 home town show. Makes zero sense to me.  
  • RS65573 said:
    What'd I miss?
    Lost the money pit.
    whoa...
    That I no longer give a fuck
    Who is wrong and who’s right
  • ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    edited January 2020
    Gonzo1977 said:
    Gonzo1977 said:

Submitted for Toronto & Hamilton - both for Best Available. Odds showed 99% chance. I know it's not a popular opinion on here...but yeah seniority should  give you a leg up on newer members ; especially if newer members are getting confirmed for 4 Canadian shows when I can't even get confirmed for 1 home town show. Makes zero sense to me.  
    If you really put in for best available for both of those shows, you likely messed up something in the process (or you would have gotten tickets). So, for all you're complaining, the fault probably lies with you. 
    Gonzo1977 said:
    Gonzo1977 said:

Thanks for responding. If you didn’t make a mistake in the process you are only 1 of 2 people that has happened to
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,269
    Nothing compares to when I used to buy candy cigarettes for .10 back in the day.

We actually just gave our 5 year old those exact ones for Christmas. He's into dressing like a cowboy, so we put these in his stocking to complete his outfit.
  • MozzyMozzy Posts: 154
    UtahBolt said:
    If anyone is still keeping track and/or cares, I updated my last name this morning and landed both LA shows.  Seems like this has been debunked but just in case anyone is still worried about that drama from this morning.
    I updated my last name this morning and won all 3 shows so far today.
    Gonzo1977 said:
    Gonzo1977 said:

Thanks for responding. If you didn’t make a mistake in the process you are only 1 of 2 people that has happened to
    Guess I'm in the 1% then because I know there wasn't a mistake. Whatever, I'll get there.
    edited January 2020
    Gonzo1977 said:
    Gonzo1977 said:

As far as seniority getting a leg up...well that’s your opinion. I don’t think a 20 year old that just now discovers PJ and joins shouldn’t have a significantly less chance at tickets just because they are young and just now joining. (And I’ve been a member a long time)
  • ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    Gonzo1977 said:
    Gonzo1977 said:
    Gonzo1977 said:

Guess I'm in the 1% then because I know there wasn't a mistake. Whatever, I'll get there.
    Says the guy who had literally no idea how any of this works until today...
    PJNB said:

• ClapperClapper Posts: 208
    RS65573 said:
    Acceptance.
    I wish there was a like button. This is a simple, but amazing joke. 
    1993 - Toronto
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Barrie
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Buffalo, Toronto
    2005 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2006 - Toronto I, Toronto II
    2008 - EV solo Toronto I
    2010 - Buffalo, Newark
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Chicago, Buffalo, Brooklyn I, Brooklyn II, Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II
    2014 - Detroit
    2016 - Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II, New York I, New York II, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2018 - Boston I, Boston II