Shut out once again. Ten Club, I would like an explanation

Comments

• 16gauge16gauge Posts: 12
    The sense of entitlement is strong here
    Not really if the guy chose 3/4 shows all at 99% no way he falls in the 1% losing category for all 3/4. 

Just insane and something else happened. 
    Agreed.  No sense of entitlement, somethings off. There's no way you lose 3/4, let alone any of them, when you have 99% odds of winning.  Wondering if there's some glitches given this is the first time using this Ticketmaster platform.

• JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    One thing we've learned is that the number of people who completed the process correctly is less than the number of people who believed they completed the process correctly.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,536
    edited January 2020
    If you have statistical proof how that is a valid occurance in a random 99% draw, please share.

Occams Razor: 

At least one of those two people claims this isn't the first time he's been "screwed over" by 10C.... the odds of one misstep are massive (given how isolated it is).

The odds of it happening to the same guy twice are so astronomical it points to only two possible explanations: 

1) IIC error aka User Error (card issue, account issue, operator error) 

2) He is trolling or lying 

only two possible explanations. Sorry. 

The OP and Gonzo(?) never indicated any error on their part. Many more fans in the OAK topic are also complaining losing their top priority shows where others are winning on their # 3 or 4 priority show

another fan said here they made a mistake of resubmitting for only one of two shows. Their complaint is still pending for that one show.

This is a new process. Being screwed over in the past is not comparable to a new process that includes a BA option.

this would be much more transparent if the club did not send loss emails due to high demand for 99% shows. That is absurd.
  • buck502000buck502000 Posts: 8,951
    Get a burner phone.  Make a call to 10C headquarters, they will never know it was you....

• pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,192
    PP193448 said:
    How do we know that the persons not selected as first priority in first round even got automatically bumped into the second round pot...  If they didn’t, then they would never be chosen for that show in any subsequent rounds.

I still can't for the life of me understand why people who were okay with Reserved selected GA only thinking it would improve their odds of getting GA... like the TM computer is thinking "boy this guy is SERIOUS about GA, I'm gonna hook him up" :s:smiley:
    They probably listened to the conspiracy theories in that DMB thread and got porked as a result
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 2,089
    Positive vibes only today everyone. 
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,269
    Bmyers said:
    Gonzo1977 said:
    Gonzo1977 said:
    I love people getting bent out of shape over the value of a $20/year membership. I’ve seen people spend over $20 at Starbucks.

The ticket rejection pain is real.
    Again, I imagine your Starbucks membership usually gets you a Starbucks coffee..No?

10C memberships have not included guaranteed concert tickets for a long time. I honestly don't remember when they did. The issue here is not the 10C membership benefits, it's your expectations.
    Again, I ask.... what does your $20.00 membership get you? Nobody has answered that question.
    I can tell you this was a hell of a lot easier to answer back in the day when you got : priority seating at shows, annual (sometimes) 45"single, & a newsletter with original artwork. 

It gets you the opportunity to purchase tickets, annual bootleg codes, and better seating (as a result of a lower membership number) if you score reserved seating tickets.

If you've been a member for as long as you're implying, then the overall pool of 10C members has grown exponentially since you joined. The pool of people interested in getting tickets is significantly larger. In response to that reality, the band has chosen to extend the opportunity to secure tickets to as many people as possible. Hence, the lottery.

If you disagree with that direction by the band, then you should not renew your membership. It's been this way for a long time, and I doubt it's going to change.
    And as our kids and kids friends grow up and listen to more PJ they will start joining the 10C and it will water down the lottery making it harder and harder for everyone to get tickets. It sucks but it is what it is.

A lottery is a lottery, do these poeple go to the Virginia Lottery office and say I bought a ticket for the mega millions and i didn't win.. I'm going cry about it on your forum. 

Shit changes, times change i remember when you didn't have to pay to get your luggage on a plane, I mean WTF is that. Rules change so we have to change, maybe you should read,  Who Moved My Cheese by Spencer Johnson.

I don’t like these lottery analogies that keep coming up. Because according to the rules everyone was basically guaranteed tickets as long as they chose reserved or BA. They do have a complaint when some are getting 5th round picks and others getting denied for priority 1 and 2. Call it a lottery or whatever you want, but that shouldn’t happen.

Now I’m in the camp where I still believe something went wrong, with either their entry or CC that caused this. But that is just a guess at this point.
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,536
    The sense of entitlement is strong here
    Not really if the guy chose 3/4 shows all at 99% no way he falls in the 1% losing category for all 3/4. 

Who has that happened to?

Being funny? Have you read the OP?
    That is not what happened to OP and I helped him realize he might have not put his 10C email in for Step 9.

Thanks for the clarification, although I don’t believe he verified one way or the other.

Two things the club could have done to be helpful. Send a proper loss notification. Don’t  call a loss due to email mismatch a loss to high demand for a 99% show. Also, spell out that an email mismatch will result in an entire order being voided, like they did in step 2 with member names. Put the email match process in step 2 also.
  • ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    edited January 2020
    mace1229 said:
    Bmyers said:
    Gonzo1977 said:
    Gonzo1977 said:
    I love people getting bent out of shape over the value of a $20/year membership. I’ve seen people spend over $20 at Starbucks.

Again, I imagine your Starbucks membership usually gets you a Starbucks coffee..No?

10C memberships have not included guaranteed concert tickets for a long time. I honestly don't remember when they did. The issue here is not the 10C membership benefits, it's your expectations.
    Again, I ask.... what does your $20.00 membership get you? Nobody has answered that question.
    I can tell you this was a hell of a lot easier to answer back in the day when you got : priority seating at shows, annual (sometimes) 45"single, & a newsletter with original artwork. 

It gets you the opportunity to purchase tickets, annual bootleg codes, and better seating (as a result of a lower membership number) if you score reserved seating tickets.

If you've been a member for as long as you're implying, then the overall pool of 10C members has grown exponentially since you joined. The pool of people interested in getting tickets is significantly larger. In response to that reality, the band has chosen to extend the opportunity to secure tickets to as many people as possible. Hence, the lottery.

If you disagree with that direction by the band, then you should not renew your membership. It's been this way for a long time, and I doubt it's going to change.
    And as our kids and kids friends grow up and listen to more PJ they will start joining the 10C and it will water down the lottery making it harder and harder for everyone to get tickets. It sucks but it is what it is.

A lottery is a lottery, do these poeple go to the Virginia Lottery office and say I bought a ticket for the mega millions and i didn't win.. I'm going cry about it on your forum. 

Shit changes, times change i remember when you didn't have to pay to get your luggage on a plane, I mean WTF is that. Rules change so we have to change, maybe you should read,  Who Moved My Cheese by Spencer Johnson.

I don’t like these lottery analogies that keep coming up. Because according to the rules everyone was basically guaranteed tickets as long as they chose reserved or BA. They do have a complaint when some are getting 5th round picks and others getting denied for priority 1 and 2. Call it a lottery or whatever you want, but that shouldn’t happen.

Now I’m in the camp where I still believe something went wrong, with either their entry or CC that caused this. But that is just a guess at this point.
    According to the odds, yes (99%....). According to the rules, no. The rules say "The majority of fans who enter the Ten Club ticket request will get tickets." That could simply mean that 51% of people who submit a ticket request will get SOME tickets. That is almost certainly true.
    Post edited by ecdanc on
  • HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,325
    So, about what time do the college rejection letters start arriving in our in boxes?
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • The sense of entitlement is strong here

Who has that happened to?

Being funny? Have you read the OP?
    That is not what happened to OP and I helped him realize he might have not put his 10C email in for Step 9.

Thanks for the clarification, although I don’t believe he verified one way or the other.

Two things the club could have done to be helpful. Send a proper loss notification. Don’t  call a loss due to email mismatch a loss to high demand for a 99% show. Also, spell out that an email mismatch will result in an entire order being voided, like they did in step 2 with member names. Put the email match process in step 2 also.
    He really couldn't verify at this point. No one could without screenshots taken before submitting.

Agree on the 2nd part but it's still user error, it's just made clearer that's the case.
  • mcgruff10 said:
    kst said:
    I would just like to say that the funniest, most ironic thing I read in this entire thread of some smart and some not so smart posts was the person who complained about being shut out despite entering properly for Toronto, Ottawa and MONTRÉAL.

Other than that, I would like to say the person who never heard of Timmies should have all Canadian tickets revoked :)
    Whoa whoa I m the guy who has never heard of timmies!!  To make up for my ignorance I shall try their coffee while in Quebec City and post a photo of it here as proof. 
    Let me save you the trouble and tell you not to try anything at Tim Hortons. :P
    So is the consensus here that if you didn't receive a confirmation for Denver yesterday you've been shut out?

• 16gauge said:
    So is the consensus here that if you didn't receive a confirmation for Denver yesterday you've been shut out?

No
  • jefftjefft Posts: 657
    mcgruff10 said:
    kst said:
    I would just like to say that the funniest, most ironic thing I read in this entire thread of some smart and some not so smart posts was the person who complained about being shut out despite entering properly for Toronto, Ottawa and MONTRÉAL.

Other than that, I would like to say the person who never heard of Timmies should have all Canadian tickets revoked :)
    Whoa whoa I m the guy who has never heard of timmies!!  To make up for my ignorance I shall try their coffee while in Quebec City and post a photo of it here as proof. 
    Your not missing much.
    16gauge said:

No
    Good!
  • jefft said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    kst said:

Your not missing much.
    Well I was only kidding but I’ll be in QC and the first cup is on me if McGruff wants to give it a try! 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • KC2917KC2917 Posts: 872
    16gauge said:

According to the TM rep I spoke with, no. But he also didn’t seem to know a whole lot about the process in general. 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,398
    kst said:
    jefft said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    kst said:

Your not missing much.
    Well I was only kidding but I’ll be in QC and the first cup is on me if McGruff wants to give it a try! 
    So I have to try Tim Horton s and poutine
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • agentpinckneyagentpinckney Posts: 267
    edited January 2020
    Didn’t read all the comments but just heard this theory 

they picked GA first
    then they picked reserved seats
    then they picked best available 

obviously we don’t know but the 99% definitely doesn’t mean the same as it did in the past? 

If that's true then BA will always be Reserved if you win, because every show for GA only was less than 100 percent.
    Post edited by agentpinckney on
    October 1, 1996 ... Marine Midland Arena, Buffalo-NY (USA)
    October 12, 2013 ... First Niagara Center, Buffalo-NY (USA)
    May 2, 2016 ... Madison Square Garden, New York-NY (USA)
    May 8, 2016 ... Canadian Tire Centre, Ottawa-Ontario (Canada)
    May 10, 2016 ... Air Canada Centre, Toronto-Ontario (Canada)
    May 12, 2016 ... Air Canada Centre, Toronto-Ontario (Canada)
    August 5, 2016 ... Fenway Park, Boston-Mass. (USA)
    August 7, 2016 ... Fenway Park, Boston-Mass. (USA)
    November 7, 2016 ... TOTD, Madison Square Garden, New York-NY (USA)
    September 2, 2018 ... Fenway Park, Boston-Mass. (USA)
  • My friend put in for LA-2, best available and did not win so it’s not just the people that requested GA
  • JimmyV said:
    One thing we've learned is that the number of people who completed the process correctly is less than the number of people who believed they completed the process correctly.
    Yes 
    Another thing is that there are a large number of people who ignore this fact.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,217
    Didn’t read all the comments but just heard this theory 

they picked GA first

obviously we don’t know but the 99% definitely doesn’t mean the same as it did in the past? 

If that's true then BA will always be Reserved, because every show for GA was less than 100 percent.
    So now the band is trusting the entity that is TM with tickets allotment for members , what could possibly go wrong ughh ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,836

• buck502000buck502000 Posts: 8,951

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,269
    ecdanc said:
    mace1229 said:
    Bmyers said:
    Gonzo1977 said:
    Gonzo1977 said:

According to the odds, yes (99%....). According to the rules, no. The rules say "The majority of fans who enter the Ten Club ticket request will get tickets." That could simply mean that 51% of people who submit a ticket request will get SOME tickets. That is almost certainly true.
    I was referring to the drawing process as much as the odds. All priority 1s  are fulfilled before priority 2. 
    If someone truly did everything right they should complain about not getting a priority 1 when others are pulling 4 and 5. But I don’t think that’s the case. I just don’t agree with the “well it’s a lottery” logic. Based off the priority rules they shouldn’t be shut out
  • ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    mace1229 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mace1229 said:
    Bmyers said:
    Gonzo1977 said:
    Gonzo1977 said:

I was referring to the drawing process as much as the odds. All priority 1s  are fulfilled before priority 2. 
    If someone truly did everything right they should complain about not getting a priority 1 when others are pulling 4 and 5. But I don’t think that’s the case. I just don’t agree with the “well it’s a lottery” logic. Based off the priority rules they shouldn’t be shut out
    I don't disagree there (all other things being equal). 
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,322
    People think this is bad wait till Baltimore and nyc snubs start rolling in!! Man it’s gonna get ugly for us on the east coast really soon.

Any word on when Balt and NYC are being drawled ? 
    It shouldn’t be that bad because the odds were the only ones below 99%. People should expect or be ready  to be denied. 
  • Didn’t read all the comments but just heard this theory 

they picked GA first

If that's true then BA will always be Reserved if you win, because every show for GA only was less than 100 percent.
    I don’t believe BA will always be reserved even if ga is at less than 99%. Let’s say I choose BA and am picked first in the lottery, at this point GA tickets still exist. IMO BA selections get pooled into the GA draws. The only way that doesn’t happen is if they do separate drawing for ga and then reserved and then ba. Just my understanding. If you don’t draw ba in the pool with GA, their isn’t much point to having BA.
  • moses-imoses-i Posts: 138
    As to the question of whether I have an explanation for what happened the answer is no. The Ticketmaster Ten Club support gave me a canned response about how they tried to fulfill all requests and that tickets go on sale next Friday. Ten Club has not responded to my inquiry. 

I stopped posting in this thread because I was tired of the negativity. A lot of you have been great but from the minute I posted this I got "you picked all GA it's all your fault" or "well you probably made a mistake". Now ppl are making claims of lying. The only plausible explanation is the possibility that I didn't put in my 10 club email. I am a pretty meticulous guy and I highly doubt that I would have made this oversight but I promise all of you who keep saying that I can't be sure so that must be it that if you were in my shoes you would be second guessing yourself too. It's easy to say you followed the steps to T when you got all your picks.

My last word on this is even if I fucked up with the email it doesn't explain how some ppl fucked up with other steps (some have admitted that their full name was not on one account or another yet that would go against the rule about full names needing to match) yet they had no issues as I did. So it appears that some mistakes get a pass while others don't. The Ten Club has my full name linked to my account, personally I feel that would have been sufficient to clear up any discrepancies assuming a computer didn't process the tickets (and even then it could have matched up my names on the accounts). 

I'm over the whole thing, my intent was never to suggest a mass conspiracy I was simply upset and wanted answers and to vent especially since last time I had a similar thing happen to me. And just to be clear what happened was that last time I put in Toronto reserved as my first choice and got nothing but I did get ottawa GA for my 2nd choice. I knew other ppl got Toronto and several shows that time but since I got SOMETHING I  chalked it up to bad luck. This time I waited up until midnight and got shut out while others got all four Canada shows often with lower priority picks than me. I was gutted and barely slept a wink. The odds had me convinced that I was going and my wife and I were super excited all week. Truth be told I was most upset that I got my wife's hopes up. We have a 7 month baby boy that we love very much but as many of you know its exhausting and frustrating at times with your first child-these little getaway shows are a nice way to refresh and its nice to have something to look forward to when you are stuck at home (especially with Canadian winters). I'm not looking for sympathy or trying to give you a sob story (because it definitely is not...our son is a blessing and worth all the frustration, stress and monotony of our day to day lives). And now I'm rambling. My point is that I was excited. Probably more excited for a Pearl Jam show for a long time. And my wife definitely was too. I feel like I let her down. And having ppl blame me and say I am just "butthurt" makes it worse. 

Those of you who said kind things thank you. Those of you who make jokes and essentially say this is my own fault there are many things I would like to say but I won't. 

I have hope that I get tickets through the verified fan presale (but first I have to get chosen) or through some kind soul. Otherwise I am going to have some serious FOMO.

I'm done.

if jah is the ship, we smile at the storm.