Shut out once again. Ten Club, I would like an explanation

1333435363739»

Comments

• JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    Hard to complain about only two northeast shows when a few short months ago we thought it was going to be no shows and no new album till the fall.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    tdawe said:
    CJ23113 said:
    I've been in the10c since 1996. They used to have u mail in a check for 1 show only. I think they should go back to that system to make it fair to everyone. I'm sure there are a lot more members now. 
    Nobody who got “shut out” in the lottery this year would have been helped by such a system. The people who didn’t get any tickets were people who either were going for MSG/Baltimore (both of which were oversubscribed on first choices) or requesting GA-only (which was oversubscribed for most shows). Making it so that people who want to go to St. Louis and OKC or multiple Canada shows could only get tickets for one show wouldn’t have helped them at all. 
    Exactly, nobody who put NYC or Baltimore 2nd or worst won tickets. This is not a hard concept.

You are technically correct, but in general 10c lotto entrants should not be losing priority status to members that won with their first pick imo.

As far as this tour goes, you are correct, because 
    in effect, they played close to zero east coast shows this tour, because there was never enough shows to split the demand into smaller pieces per show.

did Canada, the central US and California really need the number of shows it got allocated? They created this situation with how the tour was organized. 2 more eastern shows might have split the demand so most members got a reasonable chance at one.

And it’s impossible to fix, because eastern ticket winners, like me for Balt, are eligible to have a first priority all over again in the fall.
    The idea of whether a city “needs” a show or not is an odd one. Clearly there are fans in all of those cities. Perhaps the band wants to play there? Perhaps they don’t want to play MSG twice every tour? 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • hihobibohihobibo Posts: 1,086
    I wonder if a staggered lottery would work better. That way, people might not try for multiple cities if they won in the first first one. For instance, I put in and won both NY and Denver, but if they staggered the picks, I would have only picked one city and not entered the second lottery, since I already got one show to travel to.

(And I am going to both shows, please no DMs) 
  • I'm sorry but still get a big laugh out of the crew still riding that 99% angle  LOL
    Look at this way...
    I had 99% odds walking into that bar Saturday night hooking up with any hottie in there
    My first choice was the one with a perfect rack
    Second choice was the ass for days
    Or best available which potentially landed a spot with Miss Unibrow with a wooden leg

...Otherwise driving home solo at 2:15 a.m. and taking another shot the following Saturday
    2013 Baltimore
    2016 Philly1 
    2016 Fenway2
    2016 Wrigley 2
    2016 Temple of the Dog MSG
    2016 Temple of the Dog Seattle2
    2017 Soundgarden Detroit   RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 Seattle1
    2018 Seattle2
    2019 Chris Cornell Tribute LA
    2024 Baltimore 

• ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    sean9769 said:
    I'm sorry but still get a big laugh out of the crew still riding that 99% angle  LOL
    Look at this way...
    I had 99% odds walking into that bar Saturday night hooking up with any hottie in there
    Or best available which potentially landed a spot with Miss Unibrow with a wooden leg

...Otherwise driving home solo at 2:15 a.m. and taking another shot the following Saturday
    Based on this post, I think you're the ass (for days). 
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,533
    ecdanc said:
    tdawe said:
    CJ23113 said:
    I've been in the10c since 1996. They used to have u mail in a check for 1 show only. I think they should go back to that system to make it fair to everyone. I'm sure there are a lot more members now. 
    Nobody who got “shut out” in the lottery this year would have been helped by such a system. The people who didn’t get any tickets were people who either were going for MSG/Baltimore (both of which were oversubscribed on first choices) or requesting GA-only (which was oversubscribed for most shows). Making it so that people who want to go to St. Louis and OKC or multiple Canada shows could only get tickets for one show wouldn’t have helped them at all. 
    Exactly, nobody who put NYC or Baltimore 2nd or worst won tickets. This is not a hard concept.

You are technically correct, but in general 10c lotto entrants should not be losing priority status to members that won with their first pick imo.

in effect, they played close to zero east coast shows this tour, because there was never enough shows to split the demand into smaller pieces per show.

did Canada, the central US and California really need the number of shows it got allocated? They created this situation with how the tour was organized. 2 more eastern shows might have split the demand so most members got a reasonable chance at one.

And it’s impossible to fix, because eastern ticket winners, like me for Balt, are eligible to have a first priority all over again in the fall.
    I suppose technically 2 is close to zero...

Not enough to split the demand.  But we've already done this dance
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,533
    hihobibo said:
    I wonder if a staggered lottery would work better. That way, people might not try for multiple cities if they won in the first first one. For instance, I put in and won both NY and Denver, but if they staggered the picks, I would have only picked one city and not entered the second lottery, since I already got one show to travel to.

(And I am going to both shows, please no DMs) 

I see it as the opposite. If they do more east arenas, almost everybody is putting  in for it with equal chance. All 25,000 that were there on TM and who knows how many on 10c.
  • sean9769 said:
    I'm sorry but still get a big laugh out of the crew still riding that 99% angle  LOL
    Look at this way...

Think you're clever coming up with analogy like that?

I guess I won't be putting in "best available" if it leaves me with the random faceless internet forum POS who uses rating women as a comparison to a freaking ticket lottery.  Glad you think you're funny. Ed himself would be real proud. 
  • KC2917KC2917 Posts: 872
     sean9769 said:
    Look at this way...

I guess I won't be putting in "best available" if it leaves me with the random faceless internet forum POS who uses rating women as a comparison to a freaking ticket lottery.  Glad you think you're funny. Ed himself would be real proud. 
    Not to mention, it was just a terrible analogy that made absolutely no sense. 
  • tdawe said:
    CJ23113 said:

Lol the entire Midwest(Chicago,Mpls,StL,Indy,OH,KC) got their one show. Tx and OK got their one show. Nashville was the one show for the entire SE. Yes they needed those shows. On a limited tour they were fairly allocated. West Coast got a bunch but they've been basically shutout of shows for 7 years. Time Earned
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,838
    How about this?

I went fishing this weekend and had a 99% chance going into of catching a fish.  After striking out with the trout I then switched....bored of this analogy.  Done.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,213
    JimmyV said:
    Hard to complain about only two northeast shows when a few short months ago we thought it was going to be no shows and no new album till the fall.
    Agreed I was thinking I might see them in fall if at all! Now I’m seeing them in 2 months from now unreal ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • sean9769 said:
    Look at this way...

I guess I won't be putting in "best available" if it leaves me with the random faceless internet forum POS who uses rating women as a comparison to a freaking ticket lottery.  

Some of you are WAY too butt hurt and lack any sort of funny bone.  I was being sarcastic, pump the brakes!  
    They are just tickets people life goes on!
    We've both missed out or lost the lottery in the past.  If it was meant to be, it was meant to be.
    Stop moaning about TM and 10C and pulling excuses out of your ass.
    Now on the other hand if you are the gal/guy with your sphincter all puckered and in a knot because you've never lost the lottery, I cannot say I'm feeling sympathy over here.  Yeah yeah I love you too!

I probably do about 25-40 concerts yearly and am a fan of rock bands in general.  Along the way I've met some very cool people and a few I could do without but it comes with the territory.
    My take on Pearl Jam fans..
    On one hand some of the coolest people you will ever crash into.
    On the other hand some are the most smug and entitled out of any fan base that I know of.

2013 Baltimore
    2016 Philly1 
    2016 Fenway2
    2016 Wrigley 2
    2016 Temple of the Dog MSG
    2016 Temple of the Dog Seattle2
    2017 Soundgarden Detroit   RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 Seattle1
    2018 Seattle2
    2019 Chris Cornell Tribute LA
    2024 Baltimore 

• SaravaSarava Posts: 2,019
    tdawe said:
    CJ23113 said:

My view from Chicago is that we in the central USA didn't get a whole lot of shows either....not sure why you said that.

But I think there's a good chance they concentrate on the east and midwest in the 2nd leg, whenever that is.