Shut out once again. Ten Club, I would like an explanation

moses-imoses-i Posts: 138
edited January 2020 in The Porch
As the title says. I'm a loyal Ten Club member who once again didn't get Ten Club tickets to any shows (specifically in my town Toronto). I would like someone from the Ten Club to explain how this happened when other ppl got all four shows (and will probably get even more US dates) with a third choice Toronto pick. And it appears I'm not the only one. I'm sorry but this is ridiculous and needs be addressed! Thank you.

To the good ppl in the Ten Club. If anyone by chance got two extra tickets for Toronto and/or Hamilton, I will be happy to take them off your hands. Thanks!

if jah is the ship, we smile at the storm.
Post edited by moses-i on

Comments

• What was your pick for the show? 
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Reads11Reads11 Posts: 101
    Probably GA only...
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,154
    edited January 2020
    I've never heard of the lottery system being broken or unjust. 

The ones getting several tickets are going for tickets that are 99% (100%) chance to get.

All the ones having the Toronto show at number 1 get a shot first. So if you put Toronto at number 1, there is zero chance someone having it at spot number 4 could get that exact same ticket. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,826
    3 of the shows had 99% for best available, so tickets were basically guaranteed if you weren’t in for GA only

Send us a list of your picks and what price levels you chose (GA only or best available) and we will try to make some sense of it to you
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • JoostoneJoostone Posts: 232
    Im not great with statistics but....

member A entered the lottery for 6 shows. Didn't get any tickets.
    member B entered the lottery for 5 shows. Got in for all 5 shows.

You keep reading things like this. Who here is good with chances and statistics? But something tells me that something like this can only happen when the 10C has like a million members. Or the lottery is not fully fair...
    PJ: Pinkpop 2000, Sydney I/II/III 2003, Adelaide 2003, Arnhem 2006, Antwerp 2006, Berlin 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Nijmegen 2007, Werchter 2007, Rotterdam 2009, Berlin 2009, Nijmegen 2010, Amsterdam I/II 2012, Amsterdam I/II 2014, Amsterdam I/II 2018, Pinkpop 2018, Werchter 2018, Pinkpop 2022, Budapest 2022, Krakow 2022, Amsterdam 2022.
    EV: Amsterdam II 2012, Amsterdam I/III 2017, Amsterdam I 2019
    Brad: Zoetermeer & Utrecht 2013
    Soundgarden: Pinkpop 2012, Amsterdam 2013, Utrecht 2014
    edited January 2020
    Joostone said:

You keep reading things like this. Who here is good with chances and statistics? But something tells me that something like this can only happen when the 10C has like a million members. Or the lottery is not fully fair...
    Member A enters 6 GA picks with a chance of 15-25% of getting a ticket. Loosing all.

Member B enters the lottery for seated ticks with 99 % (as in 100%) chance of tickets. gets all.

This sounds like the talk on here when the lottery started YEARS AGO. Why haven't people been paying attention. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • SaravaSarava Posts: 2,019
    I mean, if you picked GA only for all shows. And Toronto was your #1 pick. Odds are probably more likely of getting shut out across the board than anything else. I'm hoping you didn't pick this way?
  • PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    I empathize with the dread of being shutout, but to the bigger point, were these selections GA or bust?  

I know in the past I have scratched my head on how I could win with my third or fourth priority pick (pretty consistently too, I did not get my first, second or third pick in either 2016 or 2018, and in 2013 was shutout for fall).

But this year could not have been more clear that the odds were ever more in favor with best available.  Even so for me 2 shows were a priority so I put them one and two, even if that meant the others with risky risky odds were put 3 and 4.   Gamble, but I felt like I could either find a ticket in verified, through asks, or fan to fan on those if worst comes to worst. 

That all being said, I hope that this is not a situation where somehow a best available got completely shutout, that seems wrong, and also impossible. 
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,049
    and here we go .... 

• moses-i said:
    As the title says. I'm a loyal Ten Club member who once again didn't get Ten Club tickets to any shows (specifically in my town Toronto). I would like someone from the Ten Club to explain how this happened when other ppl got all four shows (and will probably get even more US dates) with a third choice Toronto pick. And it appears I'm not the only one. I'm sorry but this is ridiculous and needs be addressed! Thank you.

To the good ppl in the Ten Club. If anyone by chance got two extra tickets for Toronto and/or Hamilton, I will be happy to take them off your hands. Thanks!

Email tenclubsupport@ticketmaster.com with your receipt # from your entry and ask what happened
  • jefftjefft Posts: 657
    Did you get confirmation emails that you had put into the lottery?
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 3,013
    You obviously went GA or Bust.  You busted.  It happens every year.  The 10C doesn't owe you an explanation.  It's obvious what happened here.
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 3,013
    Joostone said:

Member A enters 6 GA picks with a chance of 15-25% of getting a ticket. Loosing all.

Member B enters the lottery for seated ticks with 99 % (as in 100%) chance of tickets. gets all.

This sounds like the talk on here when the lottery started YEARS AGO. Why haven't people been paying attention. 
    I look forward to reading a similar version of this question and a similar version of this answer over and over and over in the coming days.  The lottery is fair.  
  • buck502000buck502000 Posts: 8,951
    Get a burner phone.  Make a call to 10C headquarters, they will never know it was you....
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    You were only willing to accept GA tickets, yes?

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • 1st choice Toronto BA
    2nd Choice Hamilton BA

Shut out
  • moses-imoses-i Posts: 138
    edited January 2020

Post edited by moses-i on
    edited January 2020
    SHUT OUT AGAIN
    THANKS TENCLUB!

SHUT OUT AGAIN
    THANKS TENCLUB!

I WOULD LIKE
    AN EXPLANATIOOOOON!

1st choice Toronto BA
    2nd Choice Hamilton BA

Shut out
    Hmm, both are 99%. Did you get the email confirming your choices? Or are you sure your CC is good? this doesn't add up. Either way, that sucks and I'm sorry :(
  • Sarava said:
    1st choice Toronto BA
    2nd Choice Hamilton BA

Shut out
    Hmm, both are 99%. Did you get the email confirming your choices? Or are you sure your CC is good? this doesn't add up. Either way, that sucks and I'm sorry :(
    Got the confirmation email for both, read the email this morning that told me I was not selected.

I'll still be at the shows somehow, just annoying that's all
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,533
    Sarava said:
    1st choice Toronto BA
    2nd Choice Hamilton BA

Shut out
    that sucks. I’d be super frustrated 
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,533
    Sarava said:
    1st choice Toronto BA
    2nd Choice Hamilton BA

Shut out
    Got the confirmation email for both, read the email this morning that told me I was not selected.

So as many speculated, the 99% odds were wrong.
  • Sarava said:
    1st choice Toronto BA
    2nd Choice Hamilton BA

Shut out
    that sucks. I’d be super frustrated 
    I guess I can't really complain, with 10C I have been 17/17 since 2000.
    Sarava said:
    1st choice Toronto BA
    2nd Choice Hamilton BA

Shut out

I would email them and ask nicely if there was a problem with your entry. The odds of missing 2 99%'s is astronomically low. I'm not sure they will respond much to being called out on the forum, though.
  • Sarava said:
    1st choice Toronto BA
    2nd Choice Hamilton BA

Shut out

If they were 99% I would email tenclub. Then something is wrong. Or everyone has misunderstood the lottery system. 99% should give you a ticket. I would believe that 1% chance of not winning, is due to how the lottery system is programmed (not going up to three digits) or the Tenclub needing an out just in case.

Even with 1% meaning 1 out a 100 not getting a ticket... I would say you should have gotten one of your tickets. Do you know if anyone had Hamilton BA as their 3rd choice and got a ticket, but you were shut out at 2nd choice?
    For all the "you picked GA or bust so it's your own fault ppl"...I did Toronto and Hamilton BA. In that order. And the probability works this way: it is 99% for each show then getting Toronto as your third pick is .99^3 which is about .97 or 97%. While getting Toronto as your first pick should 99%. In fact that is an oversimplification, I assumed that tickets were replaced on each draw or that there are basically infinity tickets. So if the draw is done as it APPEARS it should (I.e. you pick from first priority ppl first then 2nd and 3rd and so on) it is basically impossible for someone to get a Toronto 3rd pick over a Toronto 1st.

• I assumed you picked GA only.  Missing out on two best availables at 99% odds is horrendous luck.  I'd be pissed as well.  
    edited January 2020
    moses-i said:
    For all the "you picked GA or bust so it's your own fault ppl"...I did Toronto and Hamilton BA. In that order. And the probability works this way: it is 99% for each show then getting Toronto as your third pick is .99^3 which is about .97 or 97%. While getting Toronto as your first pick should 99%. In fact that is an oversimplification, I assumed that tickets were replaced on each draw or that there are basically infinity tickets. So if the draw is done as it APPEARS it should (I.e. you pick from first priority ppl first then 2nd and 3rd and so on) it is basically impossible for someone to get a Toronto 3rd pick over a Toronto 1st.

What? The percentage chance, you can only use for your 1st choice. 2nd, 3rd you can't use math for - because it depends on how many has put it on their list and the amount of tickets available.

The ones who put it as 2nd choice are only able to get one if there are tickets left after the 1st choice-round (as in, there were more tickets than fans putting it as their 1st choice). Then the rest of the tickets are given out at random to those who put it as the 2nd choice. And then of there are tickets left, the lottery go down to the ones who has put it as their 3rd choice.
    moses-i said:

What? The percentage chance, you can only use for your 1st choice. 2nd, 3rd you can't use math for - because it depends on how many has put it on their list and the amount of tickets available.

The ones who put it as 2nd choice are only able to get one if there are tickets left after the 1st choice-round (as in, there were more tickets than fans putting it as their 1st choice). Then the rest of the tickets are given out at random to those who put it as the 2nd choice. And then of there are tickets left, the lottery go down to the ones who has put it as their 3rd choice.
    As I said, it is an oversimplification that assumes the odds stay the same with each round. Your explanation of the system as we understand proves by point-it is impossible to get shut out at a first choice pick while others get it at third.
  • PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    This is kinda disappointing to hear.  
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652