Shut out once again. Ten Club, I would like an explanation

Comments

• Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,252
    Gonzo1977 said:
    So let's review this ticketing system.
    You get an email alerting you to PJ fan club pre-sale. You immediately log into your PJ.com account, follow all of the instructions, pick the show and seating arrangement that best fits your schedule, give your payment information. You get an email, saying Thanks...we'll get back to on Sunday and let you know if you get tickets. Then you get an email telling a couple days later....Sorry demand was high.

On top of that, someone can receive the same alert, log in the NEXT DAY, request tickets for 3 SHOWS, get an email telling them that they are confirmed for ALL 3 SHOWS

In what backwards fucking alternative universe does this seem fair to anyone ? 

Its totally fair dude.  Every member has a CHANCE at tickets.  If you chose BA or reserved you should win for all shows except maybe NY and Baltimore
  • Reading is fundamental
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • I'm sick of seeing the word "seniority".
    Why is that? Explain.
    I actually have to explain that?
    Yes, because it makes no sense.  That or you don't have any, which then I could see it would be irritating.
    Lolla St. Louis 92, StL 98, Kansas City 98, Knoxville 98, StL 00, Kansas City 00, Oklahoma City 03, StL 03, Cleveland 03, Pittsburgh 03, Kansas City 03, Philly x 2 03, MSG x 2 03, StL 04, GR 06, Cleveland 06, Detroit 06, SF x 3 06, Portland, Gorge x 2 06, MSG x 2 08, Hartford 08, Mansfield x 2 08
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,193
    Lessons learned from the new system:

1. Go back to all seats
    2. Ditch the odds
    3. Close the forums until all tickets have been distributed and seat locations revealed

It's the only way this will work. We've been given choice and information and it just short circuits everyone. 
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 2,089
    Gonzo1977 said:
    You get an email alerting you to PJ fan club pre-sale. You immediately log into your PJ.com account, follow all of the instructions, pick the show and seating arrangement that best fits your schedule, give your payment information. You get an email, saying Thanks...we'll get back to on Sunday and let you know if you get tickets. Then you get an email telling a couple days later....Sorry demand was high.

On top of that, someone can receive the same alert, log in the NEXT DAY, request tickets for 3 SHOWS, get an email telling them that they are confirmed for ALL 3 SHOWS

Sounds like they did exactly what they said they were going to do.

If you think it's more fair to allocate tickets on a first-come-first-served basis, you're in luck. They're going to do just that next Thursday & Friday. Have fun.
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
  • ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    Reading is fundamental
    I have no complaints this time. 
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,590
    Gonzo1977 said:

They give you 3 days to enter your picks.  In what way would it be fair to ONLY accept the people who happened to be at their desks hitting refresh to learn that a new album and tour were announced, and you have 15 seconds to enter you picks?

They give everyone 3 days to enter their picks.  Just because you immediately picked your picks on day one....that should not give you priority over someone who was not able to put their picks in until the next day.  Or the 3rd day.  

And if you pick MSG GA ONLY, and the other person picks "Best Available" for Oklahoma City, Quebec, and Ottawa.....sorry. 

Again, I dont know your picks, but some shows are harder to get than others.   
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
    pjl44 said:
    Lessons learned from the new system:

1. Go back to all seats
    2. Ditch the odds
    3. Close the forums until all tickets have been distributed and seat locations revealed

It's the only way this will work. We've been given choice and information and it just short circuits everyone. 
    Are you not entertained?
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
  • I'm sick of seeing the word "seniority".
    Why is that? Explain.
    Yes, because it makes no sense.  That or you don't have any, which then I could see it would be irritating.
    It also makes no sense that we have to get personal about it, so quit the arrogance.

Seniority is stupid because it's fundamentally irrelevant. People saying "I have this number" and boasting some sort of entitlement over other fans is pathetic. I pay the same amount of money as you, so we both should have equal opportunity in getting tickets.

So THERE, that's why I hate the constant spitting of "seniority".
    2012 – Manchester II
    2014 – Amsterdam I & II, Gdynia, Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2016 – Wrigley I & II
    2017 – Amsterdam III [EV]
    2018 – London I, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Wrigley I & II
    2019 – Dublin [EV]
    2022 – Copenhagen, Hyde Park I, St. Louis
    2023 – Chicago I & II
    2024 – Dublin, Manchester, Wrigley I & II, NYC I & II
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,680
    PT276628 said:
    Anyone know why picking GA only lessens your chance of being selected even when it was 99% odds, and does member number come into play at all (under 420,000)?  I picked one show (Quebec City) GA only (99%) and was not selected, very bummed!
    Because QC GA ended at 75% odds
    And the ending odds are what maters not the odds you see when you put in your submission.
    So PT276628, you probably saw the odds at 99% when you entered the lottery, but the odds are fluid until the lottery closes.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Posts: 3,462
    ecdanc said:
    Reading is fundamental
    I have no complaints this time. 
    Ha! ;)
  • Vedd Hedd said:
    Gonzo1977 said:

They give you 3 days to enter your picks.  In what way would it be fair to ONLY accept the people who happened to be at their desks hitting refresh to learn that a new album and tour were announced, and you have 15 seconds to enter you picks?

They give everyone 3 days to enter their picks.  Just because you immediately picked your picks on day one....that should not give you priority over someone who was not able to put their picks in until the next day.  Or the 3rd day.  

And if you pick MSG GA ONLY, and the other person picks "Best Available" for Oklahoma City, Quebec, and Ottawa.....sorry. 

But, the odds were 99% when he entered, that should guarantee something 😜

• tdawe said:
    Gonzo1977 said:

Sounds like they did exactly what they said they were going to do.

If you think it's more fair to allocate tickets on a first-come-first-served basis, you're in luck. They're going to do just that next Thursday & Friday. Have fun.
    good point. 

• OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,394
    Bro misses the F5 days clearly. Or mail in your choices.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    We simultaneously have a person arguing that seniority should be everything and another arguing that seniority should be literally nothing. And they aren't even talking to each other! Wow. 
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Gonzo1977 said:

Its not that hard to understand right?  And completely fair.  Not sure what people want?  10c clearly did an amazing job at securing the most tickets for the fan club than we've ever seen.  GA can't get bigger so its always gonna be hard to get.
    edited January 2020
    I'm sick of seeing the word "seniority".
    Why is that? Explain.
    It also makes no sense that we have to get personal about it, so quit the arrogance.

Seniority is stupid because it's fundamentally irrelevant. People saying "I have this number" and boasting some sort of entitlement over other fans is pathetic. I pay the same amount of money as you, so we both should have equal opportunity in getting tickets.

I have seniority over you.   Over the years, I have paid way more than you.    But regardless, we still have the same shot at tickets.   Neat, huh?
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Vedd Hedd said:
    Why is that? Explain.

I have seniority over you.   Over the years, I have paid way more than you.    
    This isn't a pension pot.
    2012 – Manchester II
    2014 – Amsterdam I & II, Gdynia, Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2016 – Wrigley I & II
    2017 – Amsterdam III [EV]
    2018 – London I, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Wrigley I & II
    2019 – Dublin [EV]
    2022 – Copenhagen, Hyde Park I, St. Louis
    2023 – Chicago I & II
    2024 – Dublin, Manchester, Wrigley I & II, NYC I & II
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Why is that? Explain.

I have seniority over you.   Over the years, I have paid way more than you.    But regardless, we still have the same shot at tickets.   Neat, huh?
    Yeah, it really is.
  • This is the best I have seen the system work - and I only put in for MSG and Balt reserved, so I could get left to other ways to get tickets.  I still won't cry.  I love that the overwhelming majority of people are getting 10C tickets, this is great.
    Good for 10C for doing everything they can to take care of tickets for fan club members.

Now....as far as not telling us the year's tour plans at one time?

Vedd Hedd said:
    Why is that? Explain.

This isn't a pension pot.
    And we both have the same shot at tickets.  What is the problem here?
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696
    JimmyV said:
    Looks like this is what we get for our $20 or $40

So... yeah the priority ticketing is funny.  Also how'd you like that latest DEEP Magazine ? when's the last time one of those went out? Also...Sure loving those exclusive merch  which for some reason seems to be available to AMAZON members for a better price. Yeah, that annual T-shirt sure got me out of a few rough patches.  Look - I like all of the above...but you can't tell me some of that shit isn't a bit misleading and that any of that is truly worth the $40.00 membership....or that any of that compares to what you used to get with the 10 Club for $10-15.00 back in the day.  
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,394
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Why is that? Explain.

Your prior money was for the chance at tickets for prior years.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696
    ecdanc said:
    Gonzo1977 said:
    Gonzo1977 said:
    I love people getting bent out of shape over the value of a $20/year membership. I’ve seen people spend over $20 at Starbucks.

The ticket rejection pain is real.
    Again, I imagine your Starbucks membership usually gets you a Starbucks coffee..No?

10C memberships have not included guaranteed concert tickets for a long time. I honestly don't remember when they did. The issue here is not the 10C membership benefits, it's your expectations.
    Again, I ask.... what does your $20.00 membership get you? Nobody has answered that question.
    I can tell you this was a hell of a lot easier to answer back in the day when you got : priority seating at shows, annual (sometimes) 45"single, & a newsletter with original artwork. 

A ton of people answered that question, you prat. 
    Prat? sorry...I don't speak douche
  • jstu39jstu39 Posts: 145
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Why is that? Explain.

And by paying more you had access to more. 1998's membership fees got you 1998 benefits. 2006 fees got you 2006 benefits. But anyone active now gets access to the same benefits now. And they throw you a perk, better reserved seats if selected. 
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,465
    I preferred F5 too, id spend 20 hours if thats what it took and always get my shows. Thats not how it works anymore. It is a lottery.

I chose Hamilton so id get at least one show, when I likely lose MSG and Baltimore, both of which I chose reserved. 25 year member.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain Posts: 31,121
    edited January 2020
    Nothing compares to when I used to buy candy cigarettes for .10 back in the day.

Gonzo1977 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Looks like this is what we get for our $20 or $40

So... yeah the priority ticketing is funny.  Also how'd you like that latest DEEP Magazine ? when's the last time one of those went out? Also...Sure loving those exclusive merch  which for some reason seems to be available to AMAZON members for a better price. Yeah, that annual T-shirt sure got me out of a few rough patches.  Look - I like all of the above...but you can't tell me some of that shit isn't a bit misleading and that any of that is truly worth the $40.00 membership....or that any of that compares to what you used to get with the 10 Club for $10-15.00 back in the day.  
    A T-Shirt and a bootleg.   Yeah, that could be worth 40 bucks.  Also you have access to 10C radio.   What the cost equivalent of SiriusXM?  (Keeping aside the shot at tickets here)
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • That sucks, Especially when I see some people get tickets to all 4 Canada shows
    2023 Austin 1 & 2
    Ottawa 09/03
    MSG 1 & 2
    2013 Brooklyn (10/18, 10/19) Philadelphia (10/21, 10/22)
    2012 Atlanta 09/22
    2009 Albany 06/08 (Eddie Solo)
    2008 Bonnaroo 6/14
    2006 Albany 05/12
    2005 Philadelphia 10/03
    2000 Saratoga Springs 08/27
    Gonzo1977 said:
    Gonzo1977 said:
    I love people getting bent out of shape over the value of a $20/year membership. I’ve seen people spend over $20 at Starbucks.

The ticket rejection pain is real.
    Again, I imagine your Starbucks membership usually gets you a Starbucks coffee..No?

10C memberships have not included guaranteed concert tickets for a long time. I honestly don't remember when they did. The issue here is not the 10C membership benefits, it's your expectations.
    Again, I ask.... what does your $20.00 membership get you? Nobody has answered that question.
    I can tell you this was a hell of a lot easier to answer back in the day when you got : priority seating at shows, annual (sometimes) 45"single, & a newsletter with original artwork. 

You still get priority seating at shows.  Again, I ask...do you think earlier 10c members should get tickets over newer ones?
    You still haven't answered