Shut out once again. Ten Club, I would like an explanation

Comments

• Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696

tdawe said:
    Gonzo1977 said:
    So let's review this ticketing system.
    You get an email alerting you to PJ fan club pre-sale. You immediately log into your PJ.com account, follow all of the instructions, pick the show and seating arrangement that best fits your schedule, give your payment information. You get an email, saying Thanks...we'll get back to on Sunday and let you know if you get tickets. Then you get an email telling a couple days later....Sorry demand was high.

On top of that, someone can receive the same alert, log in the NEXT DAY, request tickets for 3 SHOWS, get an email telling them that they are confirmed for ALL 3 SHOWS

In what backwards fucking alternative universe does this seem fair to anyone ? 

Sounds like they did exactly what they said they were going to do.

If you think it's more fair to allocate tickets on a first-come-first-served basis, you're in luck. They're going to do just that next Thursday & Friday. Have fun.
    good point. 

Enjoy your show.  Maybe I'll join the Ticketmaster fan club. 
  • ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    Gonzo1977 said:
    ecdanc said:
    Gonzo1977 said:
    Gonzo1977 said:
    I love people getting bent out of shape over the value of a $20/year membership. I’ve seen people spend over $20 at Starbucks.

The ticket rejection pain is real.
    Again, I imagine your Starbucks membership usually gets you a Starbucks coffee..No?

10C memberships have not included guaranteed concert tickets for a long time. I honestly don't remember when they did. The issue here is not the 10C membership benefits, it's your expectations.
    Again, I ask.... what does your $20.00 membership get you? Nobody has answered that question.
    I can tell you this was a hell of a lot easier to answer back in the day when you got : priority seating at shows, annual (sometimes) 45"single, & a newsletter with original artwork. 

A ton of people answered that question, you prat. 
    Prat? sorry...I don't speak douche
    Man, you took time to read that but not all the posts answering your questions? Progress, at least!
  • Where's Buck when you need him
    2016: Toronto I, Chicago I + II
    2018: Seattle I + II, Chicago I + II
    2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec, Hamilton, Nashville, St. Louis, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,590
    RS65573 said:
    I preferred F5 too, id spend 20 hours if thats what it took and always get my shows. Thats not how it works anymore. It is a lottery.

I chose Hamilton so id get at least one show, when I likely lose MSG and Baltimore, both of which I chose reserved. 25 year member.
    F5 sucked.   There were ways around that, not to mention not everyone had the same access, let alone, having access at all.  
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Gonzo1977 said:

tdawe said:
    Gonzo1977 said:
    So let's review this ticketing system.
    You get an email alerting you to PJ fan club pre-sale. You immediately log into your PJ.com account, follow all of the instructions, pick the show and seating arrangement that best fits your schedule, give your payment information. You get an email, saying Thanks...we'll get back to on Sunday and let you know if you get tickets. Then you get an email telling a couple days later....Sorry demand was high.

On top of that, someone can receive the same alert, log in the NEXT DAY, request tickets for 3 SHOWS, get an email telling them that they are confirmed for ALL 3 SHOWS

In what backwards fucking alternative universe does this seem fair to anyone ? 

Sounds like they did exactly what they said they were going to do.

If you think it's more fair to allocate tickets on a first-come-first-served basis, you're in luck. They're going to do just that next Thursday & Friday. Have fun.
    good point. 

Enjoy your show.  Maybe I'll join the Ticketmaster fan club. 

good idea.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    I'm sick of seeing the word "seniority".
    Why is that? Explain.
    I actually have to explain that?
    Yes, because it makes no sense.  That or you don't have any, which then I could see it would be irritating.
    It also makes no sense that we have to get personal about it, so quit the arrogance.

Seniority is stupid because it's fundamentally irrelevant. People saying "I have this number" and boasting some sort of entitlement over other fans is pathetic. I pay the same amount of money as you, so we both should have equal opportunity in getting tickets.

So THERE, that's why I hate the constant spitting of "seniority".
    I have seniority over you.   Over the years, I have paid way more than you.    But regardless, we still have the same shot at tickets.   Neat, huh?
    This isn't a pension pot.
    And we both have the same shot at tickets.  What is the problem here?
    None. I just want people to stop harping on about "seniority", that's all.
    2012 – Manchester II
    2014 – Amsterdam I & II, Gdynia, Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2016 – Wrigley I & II
    2017 – Amsterdam III [EV]
    2018 – London I, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Wrigley I & II
    2019 – Dublin [EV]
    2022 – Copenhagen, Hyde Park I, St. Louis
    2023 – Chicago I & II
    2024 – Dublin, Manchester, Wrigley I & II, NYC I & II
  • I'm sick of seeing the word "seniority".
    Why is that? Explain.
    Yes, because it makes no sense.  That or you don't have any, which then I could see it would be irritating.
    It also makes no sense that we have to get personal about it, so quit the arrogance.

Seniority is stupid because it's fundamentally irrelevant. People saying "I have this number" and boasting some sort of entitlement over other fans is pathetic. I pay the same amount of money as you, so we both should have equal opportunity in getting tickets.

Pretty sure nobody was getting personal about anything.  Everyone already has the same chance at tickets, so you are correct, your membership and mine are equal.  It's not a weighted lottery.  That's why I don't understand why seniority bothers you.  Carry on.
    Lolla St. Louis 92, StL 98, Kansas City 98, Knoxville 98, StL 00, Kansas City 00, Oklahoma City 03, StL 03, Cleveland 03, Pittsburgh 03, Kansas City 03, Philly x 2 03, MSG x 2 03, StL 04, GR 06, Cleveland 06, Detroit 06, SF x 3 06, Portland, Gorge x 2 06, MSG x 2 08, Hartford 08, Mansfield x 2 08
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,252
    Vedd Hedd said:
    RS65573 said:
    I preferred F5 too, id spend 20 hours if thats what it took and always get my shows. Thats not how it works anymore. It is a lottery.

I chose Hamilton so id get at least one show, when I likely lose MSG and Baltimore, both of which I chose reserved. 25 year member.
    F5 sucked.   There were ways around that, not to mention not everyone had the same access, let alone, having access at all.  
    Exactly.  This is the best the ticket process has ever looked for us fan club members.  I dont know how people are still complaining.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,680
    Gonzo1977 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Looks like this is what we get for our $20 or $40

So... yeah the priority ticketing is funny.  Also how'd you like that latest DEEP Magazine ? when's the last time one of those went out? Also...Sure loving those exclusive merch  which for some reason seems to be available to AMAZON members for a better price. Yeah, that annual T-shirt sure got me out of a few rough patches.  Look - I like all of the above...but you can't tell me some of that shit isn't a bit misleading and that any of that is truly worth the $40.00 membership....or that any of that compares to what you used to get with the 10 Club for $10-15.00 back in the day.  
    I assume I've been in 10C longer than you. I am in no way under the assumption that my seniority guarantees me anything over a newer member aside from a better reserved seat location if I win tickets through the 10C lottery.
    Membership has never guaranteed you tickets, merely the opportunity to buy them if the band tours based on availability. And seniority has never given anyone an advantage in obtaining tickets...no clue how that myth got started.
    Deep magazine and singles being late are completely separate issue from today's ticket sales....you have a gripe there but ultimately those items will be fulfilled.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,394
    RS65573 said:

I didn’t mind F5 either, although two separate vacations I had to leave the beach and go to an Internet cafe to F5. I don’t mind as much not having to drop everything in the middle of the day to snag tickets.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Why is that? Explain.

I have seniority over you.   Over the years, I have paid way more than you.    But regardless, we still have the same shot at tickets.   Neat, huh?
    Who is harping on about it, and why does that matter? 

The only time seniority comes into play, is IF you get tickets and IF you get reserved seats.   Then the tickets are distributed by senority first.   There really isnt too much to brag about, otherwise.  
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • RK50065RK50065 Posts: 897
    tdawe said:
    pjl44 said:
    Lessons learned from the new system:

1. Go back to all seats
    2. Ditch the odds
    3. Close the forums until all tickets have been distributed and seat locations revealed

It's the only way this will work. We've been given choice and information and it just short circuits everyone. 
    Are you not entertained?

Vedd Hedd said:
    Gonzo1977 said:
    JimmyV said:

So... yeah the priority ticketing is funny.  Also how'd you like that latest DEEP Magazine ? when's the last time one of those went out? Also...Sure loving those exclusive merch  which for some reason seems to be available to AMAZON members for a better price. Yeah, that annual T-shirt sure got me out of a few rough patches.  Look - I like all of the above...but you can't tell me some of that shit isn't a bit misleading and that any of that is truly worth the $40.00 membership....or that any of that compares to what you used to get with the 10 Club for $10-15.00 back in the day.  
    A T-Shirt and a bootleg.   Yeah, that could be worth 40 bucks.  Also you have access to 10C radio.   What the cost equivalent of SiriusXM?  (Keeping aside the shot at tickets here)
    Don't forget the right to post on this forum....which today has been priceless.
  • Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Why is that? Explain.

The only time seniority comes into play, is IF you get tickets and IF you get reserved seats.   Then the tickets are distributed by senority first.   There really isnt too much to brag about, otherwise.  
    Exactly, you're proving my point. I'm just saying people keep talking about how long they've been in the fan club and essentially saying they should get preferential treatment. Not just here, but people quoting their fan club numbers. Who cares?
    2012 – Manchester II
    2016 – Wrigley I & II
    2018 – London I, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Wrigley I & II
    2019 – Dublin [EV]
    2023 – Chicago I & II
  • Poncier said:
    This wins....................
    03/20/94 - Ann Arbor
    09/22/96 - Toledo
    10/16/14 - Detroit
    09/26/21 - Dana Point
    10/01/21 - Dana Point
    10/02/21 - Dana Point
    05/06/22 - Los Angeles
    05/07/22 - Los Angeles 
    07/03/22 - Stockholm
    07/05/22 - Copenhagen
    09/08/22 - Toronto 
    09/16/22 - Nashville
    09/18/22 - St. Louis
    09/20/22 - OKC
    09/05/23 - Chicago 
    09/07/23 - Chicago 
    05/16/24 - Vegas
    05/18/24 - Vegas
  • I'm sick of seeing the word "seniority".
    Why is that? Explain.

Pretty sure nobody was getting personal about anything.  Everyone already has the same chance at tickets, so you are correct, your membership and mine are equal.  It's not a weighted lottery.  That's why I don't understand why seniority bothers you.  Carry on.
    I'm pretty sure you were, but okay nevermind.
    2012 – Manchester II
    2016 – Wrigley I & II
    2019 – Dublin [EV]
    2023 – Chicago I & II
  • Jason7192Jason7192 Posts: 312
    Poncier said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Gonzo1977 said:
    JimmyV said:

A T-Shirt and a bootleg.   Yeah, that could be worth 40 bucks.  Also you have access to 10C radio.   What the cost equivalent of SiriusXM?  (Keeping aside the shot at tickets here)
    And exhausting. 
     :) 
  • I entered the lottery in 2016 and was heavily shafted. It happens. That’s the point of a lottery system.
  • RK50065RK50065 Posts: 897
    Where's Buck when you need him
    @buck502000 certainly hates this thread!
    Poncier said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Gonzo1977 said:
    JimmyV said:

ha!
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Why is that? Explain.

Exactly, you're proving my point. I'm just saying people keep talking about how long they've been in the fan club and essentially saying they should get preferential treatment. Not just here, but people quoting their fan club numbers. Who cares?
    Are there seriously people who are saying "I have seniority, I should have better access to tickets than you!"

Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    edited January 2020
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Why is that? Explain.

Are there seriously people who are saying "I have seniority, I should have better access to tickets than you!"

Literally within the last few minutes. 
    But, in fairness, only one person is saying it and no one is taking him seriously....
    Post edited by ecdanc on
  • Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Why is that? Explain.

Where have you been?
    2012 – Manchester II
    2016 – Wrigley I & II
    2019 – Dublin [EV]
    2023 – Chicago I & II
  • JR86440JR86440 Posts: 742
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Why is that? Explain.

Correct. Seniority doesn't matter, nor should it for the lottery. However, with 99% odds, you should receive tickets. I checked odds just before pre sale ended and all 99% except for NY and Baltimore
  • SpinTheLastExitSpinTheLastExit Posts: 418
    edited January 2020
    JR86440 said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Why is that? Explain.

Correct. Seniority doesn't matter, nor should it for the lottery. However, with 99% odds, you should receive tickets. I checked odds just before pre sale ended and all 99% except for NY and Baltimore
    At the risk of being pedantic, that 1% are not going to get tickets.
    2012 – Manchester II
    2016 – Wrigley I & II
    2019 – Dublin [EV]
    2023 – Chicago I & II
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,217
    How can I go back and check if my last name is on the TM account?
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    You log in to your Ticketmaster account then view your profile under "my account"
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • jerparker20jerparker20 Posts: 2,466
    Poncier said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Gonzo1977 said:
    JimmyV said:

Goddamn right about that! Tour time makes this whole place just go to shit, but does provided some much appreciated laughs.
  • JR86440JR86440 Posts: 742
    JR86440 said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Why is that? Explain.

At the risk of being pedantic, that 1% are not going to get tickets.
    99% is 100%. They just can't put that there for obvious reasons