Shut out once again. Ten Club, I would like an explanation

Comments

• Sucks this happened. I entered my first choice as a reserved pair for my wife and I, and second choice as a single GA for me at another show. Only after reading in another thread about 1st and 2nd choice did I check. The order entered had nothing to do with priority. I had go back and resubmit, physically dragging the show I wanted into the first priority slot. Luckily I caught this and won a pair for my wife and I as 1st priority. I didn’t see anywhere the first time about a drag and drop to move shows into the desired order.

From https://pearljam.com/news/ten-club-ticket-presale-info

Step 5. If you are interested in more than one show, you may continue to add shows.  Click “Continue” at the bottom of the page once you are finished selecting shows.

Step 6. If you selected 2 or more shows, you can prioritize your shows by dragging and dropping them into the order you wish.

Step 7. After setting your show priorities, you have the option to add Commemorative Tickets to your Ticket Request.

• BmyersBmyers Posts: 58
    Gonzo1977 said:
    Gonzo1977 said:
    I love people getting bent out of shape over the value of a $20/year membership. I’ve seen people spend over $20 at Starbucks.

The ticket rejection pain is real.
    Again, I imagine your Starbucks membership usually gets you a Starbucks coffee..No?

10C memberships have not included guaranteed concert tickets for a long time. I honestly don't remember when they did. The issue here is not the 10C membership benefits, it's your expectations.
    Again, I ask.... what does your $20.00 membership get you? Nobody has answered that question.
    I can tell you this was a hell of a lot easier to answer back in the day when you got : priority seating at shows, annual (sometimes) 45"single, & a newsletter with original artwork. 

It gets you the opportunity to purchase tickets, annual bootleg codes, and better seating (as a result of a lower membership number) if you score reserved seating tickets.

If you've been a member for as long as you're implying, then the overall pool of 10C members has grown exponentially since you joined. The pool of people interested in getting tickets is significantly larger. In response to that reality, the band has chosen to extend the opportunity to secure tickets to as many people as possible. Hence, the lottery.

If you disagree with that direction by the band, then you should not renew your membership. It's been this way for a long time, and I doubt it's going to change.
    And as our kids and kids friends grow up and listen to more PJ they will start joining the 10C and it will water down the lottery making it harder and harder for everyone to get tickets. It sucks but it is what it is.

A lottery is a lottery, do these poeple go to the Virginia Lottery office and say I bought a ticket for the mega millions and i didn't win.. I'm going cry about it on your forum. 

Shit changes, times change i remember when you didn't have to pay to get your luggage on a plane, I mean WTF is that. Rules change so we have to change, maybe you should read,  Who Moved My Cheese by Spencer Johnson.

Gonzo1977 said:
    So let's review this ticketing system.
    You get an email alerting you to PJ fan club pre-sale. You immediately log into your PJ.com account, follow all of the instructions, pick the show and seating arrangement that best fits your schedule, give your payment information. You get an email, saying Thanks...we'll get back to on Sunday and let you know if you get tickets. Then you get an email telling a couple days later....Sorry demand was high.

On top of that, someone can receive the same alert, log in the NEXT DAY, request tickets for 3 SHOWS, get an email telling them that they are confirmed for ALL 3 SHOWS

In what backwards fucking alternative universe does this seem fair to anyone ? 

I mean, I have l been a PJ fan since 1991 but have sadly have only been to 1 show due to being shutout or not financially able or my ex was a cow and wouldn't allow it. Only Joined 10C, 5-6 years ago because I could afford to toss $40 to PJ. haven't been lucky enough to win any drawings for tickets via 10C. 

So, will I be disappointed if I don't get drawn sure, but my life will go on. I will try again if/when they tour in the fall. 

Sadly, I will be in Europe 10 days early for the Bologna show and I am not able to rearrange a family vacation to suit my PJ wants or needs.. 

All I am saying is you will probably be there anyway, at least this year we KNOW we won't be gouged if we don't get 10C tickets yea we all (or most of us) want GA but as a bunch of us have said be happy you are in a position to be in the building spending 400-1000 on travel expenses. Because that same night there are at least 500,000 others that don't have homes, don't have money to pay the rent, don't have food.  
    Just love life and be thankful what you have, because it could be so much worse.
    mace1229 said:
    Nothing compares to when I used to buy candy cigarettes for .10 back in the day.

We actually just gave our 5 year old those exact ones for Christmas. He's into dressing like a cowboy, so we put these in his stocking to complete his outfit.

• Bmyers said:
    Gonzo1977 said:
    Gonzo1977 said:
    I love people getting bent out of shape over the value of a $20/year membership. I’ve seen people spend over $20 at Starbucks.

The ticket rejection pain is real.
    Again, I imagine your Starbucks membership usually gets you a Starbucks coffee..No?

10C memberships have not included guaranteed concert tickets for a long time. I honestly don't remember when they did. The issue here is not the 10C membership benefits, it's your expectations.
    Again, I ask.... what does your $20.00 membership get you? Nobody has answered that question.
    I can tell you this was a hell of a lot easier to answer back in the day when you got : priority seating at shows, annual (sometimes) 45"single, & a newsletter with original artwork. 

It gets you the opportunity to purchase tickets, annual bootleg codes, and better seating (as a result of a lower membership number) if you score reserved seating tickets.

If you've been a member for as long as you're implying, then the overall pool of 10C members has grown exponentially since you joined. The pool of people interested in getting tickets is significantly larger. In response to that reality, the band has chosen to extend the opportunity to secure tickets to as many people as possible. Hence, the lottery.

If you disagree with that direction by the band, then you should not renew your membership. It's been this way for a long time, and I doubt it's going to change.
    And as our kids and kids friends grow up and listen to more PJ they will start joining the 10C and it will water down the lottery making it harder and harder for everyone to get tickets. It sucks but it is what it is.

A lottery is a lottery, do these poeple go to the Virginia Lottery office and say I bought a ticket for the mega millions and i didn't win.. I'm going cry about it on your forum. 

Shit changes, times change i remember when you didn't have to pay to get your luggage on a plane, I mean WTF is that. Rules change so we have to change, maybe you should read,  Who Moved My Cheese by Spencer Johnson.

But that’s not a proper analogy. This lottery tells you that priority is “considered”. If you played the Virginia lottery and matched 6 numbers but lost you’d have the right to be pissed if they made someone who matched only 5 numbers the jackpot. 
    Boston (4/10/94), Hartford (10/2/96), Barre (8/22/98), Hartford (9/13/98), Mansfield (9/15/98 + 9/16/98), Mansfield (8/29/00 + 8/30/00), Mansfield (7/2/03 + 7/11/03), Boston (9/28/04), Hartford (5/13/06), Boston (5/24/06 + 5/25/06), Hartford (6/27/08), Mansfield (6/28/08 + 6/30/08), Philadelphia (10/31/09), Hartford (5/15/10), Worcester (10/15/13 + 10/16/13), Hartford (10/25/13), New York (5/1/16), Boston (8/5/16 + 8/7/16), Boston (9/2/18 + 9/4/18)
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,826
    Didn’t read the entire thread but for what it’s worth, I won Hamilton tickets and my last name wasn’t in my account when I just checked, so I don’t think that has anything to do with it
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    Didn’t read the entire thread but for what it’s worth, I won Hamilton tickets and my last name wasn’t in my account when I just checked, so I don’t think that has anything to do with it
    that seems to be the case, there was a response from a TM person posted that seemed to indicate it needed to be done, better safe than sorry I suppose, but hearing that a lot of people who did not have the name in profile still won.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    Gonzo1977 said:
    ecdanc said:
    Gonzo1977 said:
    Gonzo1977 said:
    Gonzo1977 said:
     All I'm saying...Never had an issue getting tickets until THIS tour.
    Maybe I've been lucky for 25 years...I don't fucking know.

Regardless, still a bit strange to get shut out of 1 Canadian show when others are getting confirmed for all 4 Canadian shows.

Anyways, looking forward to the new album.
    Enjoy your shows..I'm sure I'll eventually get my tickets through Ticketmaster and all will be good.

If not, I'll catch them on the next album tour ...7 years from now... when a whole new ticketing system is in place.

Good luck and I hope you secure tickets. Still curious though...what did you submit for?  GA?  And do you think older 10c numbers should get priority over newer members? 
    Submitted for Toronto & Hamilton - both for Best Available. Odds showed 99% chance. I know it's not a popular opinion on here...but yeah seniority should  give you a leg up on newer members ; especially if newer members are getting confirmed for 4 Canadian shows when I can't even get confirmed for 1 home town show. Makes zero sense to me.  
    Thanks for responding. If you didn’t make a mistake in the process you are only 1 of 2 people that has happened to
    Guess I'm in the 1% then because I know there wasn't a mistake. Whatever, I'll get there.
    Says the guy who had literally no idea how any of this works until today...
    Dude....go dry hump your tickets.

I tried to get tickets and obviously got shut out. Not because I "litterally didn't know how it all worked"...but a fluke. Whatever, I'm over it. 

I'll get tickets through Ticketmaster....and you'll still be a dick.

You're right that I'm a dick, but you just refused to listen to people. Nevertheless, I'll try one more time:

You might have messed something up. If that's the case, I feel for you (I mess shit up all the time--it's just part of life), but it offers an explanation. 

But--and this is crucial--if you didn't mess anything up, and what you've said on this board is true, you DID get screwed. In other words, if there was a "fluke" and some people got tickets before you, even though you had identical selections (best available) and higher priority, then the process failed in this instance. As others have suggested throughout this board (to you and others): if that's the case, you should contact 10c and at least try to find out what happened. 
  • 16gauge16gauge Posts: 12
    edited January 2020
    So is the lottery for Denver over?  I didn't receive a confirmation either way?  I received a confirmation for Oakland but not Denver.  
    Post edited by 16gauge on
  • 16gauge said:
    So is the lottery for Denver over?  I didn't receive a confirmation either way?  I received a confirmation for Oakland but not Denver.  
    Did you check your credit card?
    People think this is bad wait till Baltimore and nyc snubs start rolling in!! Man it’s gonna get ugly for us on the east coast really soon.

Any word on when Balt and NYC are being drawled ? 
    Saturday! Brace for impact.

Baltimore is my only ticket request, but I’ll be as fascinated to see how folks take their Ls as I will be to find out whether I get selected or not.
    On one hand, since MSG and Baltimore had the lowest odds, we might think there'd be fewer complaints, because we KNOW some people will be shut out. 

On the other hand, I'm guessing today will bring more (unsubstantiated?) claims that someone got tickets with priority 2+, while someone with priority 1 got shut out. 

On the third hand, these boards are a shitshow (and I fully admit my complicity in adding to the excrement). 
    Yep, charged for Oakland only
    Can someone kindly tell me how to reply to a comment.  I've never done this before.....
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,398
    kst said:
    I would just like to say that the funniest, most ironic thing I read in this entire thread of some smart and some not so smart posts was the person who complained about being shut out despite entering properly for Toronto, Ottawa and MONTRÉAL.

Other than that, I would like to say the person who never heard of Timmies should have all Canadian tickets revoked :)
    Whoa whoa I m the guy who has never heard of timmies!!  To make up for my ignorance I shall try their coffee while in Quebec City and post a photo of it here as proof. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • The sense of entitlement is strong here
    Atlanta, GA 8/7/00...Atlanta, GA 4/19/03...Columbia, SC 6/16/08...New Orleans, LA 5/1/10...East Troy, WI 9/3/11... East Troy, WI 9/4/11... Atlanta, GA 9/22/12...Greenville, SC 4/16/16...Nashville, TN 9/16/22
  • dmbolpdmbolp Posts: 1,287
    16gauge said:
    Can someone kindly tell me how to reply to a comment.  I've never done this before.....
    Click on the "Qoute" link in the bottom/left corner of the post you want to reply to
  • rvapetervapete Posts: 488
    edited January 2020
    There are a few questions I had this go around.

First is my age old % question. Say a show is 99%.  Is that 99% for folks selecting it for priority #1 or 99% regardless of what priority you select that show?

2nd is a more recent inquiry concerning "Best Available".  By selecting BA is GA #1 show priority and RES #2 or does a BA selection give you priority on RES over someone who chose a different show 2nd?  If Chris does NYC BA and Kristen does Baltimore GA #1 and NYC RES #2 do they both have the same chance at NYC RES?
    Post edited by rvapete on
  • 16gauge said:
    Hit the quote button under what they typed. 
  • pawlowski1097pawlowski1097 Posts: 576
    edited January 2020
    The sense of entitlement is strong here
    Not really if the guy chose 3/4 shows all at 99% no way he falls in the 1% losing category for all 3/4. 

Just insane and something else happened. 
    rvapete said:
    There are a few questions I had this go around.

First is my age old % question. Say a show is 99%.  Is that 99% for folks selecting it for priority #1 or 99% regardless of what priority you select that show?
    99% means there are more 10C tickets available in that tier (GA or Reserve) than total requests, regardless of priority
    Not really if the guy chose 3/4 shows all at 99% no way he falls in the 1% losing category for all 3/4. 

Who has that happened to?
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,536

Being funny? Have you read the OP?
  • PP193448 said:
    How do we know that the persons not selected as first priority in first round even got automatically bumped into the second round pot...  If they didn’t, then they would never be chosen for that show in any subsequent rounds.

Because LOTS of people got into shows that were their 2nd, 3rd, and even 4th choice. I got into both Canadian shows I requested. 

I'm cautiously optimistic I'll get both US shows I requested because they had 99% odds, I know how to use Ticketmaster's site, and my card has plenty of room.

So far outside of a couple very isolated incidents, it appears everyone who selected BA got every show they wanted to (aside from MSG and BAL obviously.) 

I still can't for the life of me understand why people who were okay with Reserved selected GA only thinking it would improve their odds of getting GA... like the TM computer is thinking "boy this guy is SERIOUS about GA, I'm gonna hook him up" :s:smiley:
    Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement. 

pawlowski1097 said:  

16gauge said:
    Hit the quote button under what they typed. dmbolp said:
    16gauge said:
    Click on the "Qoute" link in the bottom/left corner of the post you want to reply to
    dmbolp said:
    16gauge said:
    dmbolp said:
    16gauge said:
    dmbolp said:
    16gauge said:
    Thanks All!
    16gauge said:

pawlowski1097 said:  

16gauge said:
    Hit the quote button under what they typed. dmbolp said:
    16gauge said:
    dmbolp said:
    16gauge said:
    dmbolp said:
    16gauge said:
    dmbolp said:
    16gauge said:
    Thanks All!
    Found the button....
    16gauge said:
    16gauge said:
    16gauge said:
    16gauge said:
    16gauge said:
    16gauge said:
    16gauge said:
    16gauge said:
    16gauge said:
    16gauge said:
    16gauge said:
    16gauge said:
    Yes, charged for Oakland only.
  • mattsavardmattsavard Posts: 518
    edited January 2020
    If you have statistical proof how that is a valid occurance in a random 99% draw, please share.

Occams Razor: 

At least one of those two people claims this isn't the first time he's been "screwed over" by 10C.... the odds of one misstep are massive (given how isolated it is).

The odds of it happening to the same guy twice are so astronomical it points to only two possible explanations: 

1) IIC error aka User Error (card issue, account issue, operator error) 

2) He is trolling or lying 

only two possible explanations. Sorry. 
    Post edited by mattsavard on
    Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement. 
    16guage, you're not doing it right

Being funny? Have you read the OP?
    That is not what happened to OP and I helped him realize he might have not put his 10C email in for Step 9.
  • Exaggerating doesn't help quell the insane paranoia around here.