Spring Tour Panicky Questions

12345679»

Comments

• Jesus, these support people... I was feeling a little paranoid about the whole "using a different credit card than the one on my 10C account" question. So, I emailed the TM 10C support, who confirmed that it should be no problem to use a different card. However, they also said this:

Now, regarding your different requests for events in different cities. That is the wrong approach as only your last request will be taken for consideration.

We recommend that you make ONE request that includes ALL the events you would like to attend. You are allowed to put events in the U.S. and Canada in the same request.  

We ask that you submit a new request with all of your preferences re-selected. We will only consider your most recent request. You have until Wednesday, 01/15, at 11:59 PM PT to submit a new request, which will cancel any prior requests.

Are you kidding? How does he not know that there are two separate request links for US and Canada? I mean, it's obvious, but now his answer has me fucking paranoid again. This is crazy.

2016: Toronto I, Chicago I + II
    2018: Seattle I + II, Chicago I + II
    2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec, Hamilton, Nashville, St. Louis, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,590
    Jesus, these support people... I was feeling a little paranoid about the whole "using a different credit card than the one on my 10C account" question. So, I emailed the TM 10C support, who confirmed that it should be no problem to use a different card. However, they also said this:

Now, regarding your different requests for events in different cities. That is the wrong approach as only your last request will be taken for consideration.

We recommend that you make ONE request that includes ALL the events you would like to attend. You are allowed to put events in the U.S. and Canada in the same request.  

We ask that you submit a new request with all of your preferences re-selected. We will only consider your most recent request. You have until Wednesday, 01/15, at 11:59 PM PT to submit a new request, which will cancel any prior requests.

Are you kidding? How does he not know that there are two separate request links for US and Canada? I mean, it's obvious, but now his answer has me fucking paranoid again. This is crazy.

:s 
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Jesus, these support people... I was feeling a little paranoid about the whole "using a different credit card than the one on my 10C account" question. So, I emailed the TM 10C support, who confirmed that it should be no problem to use a different card. However, they also said this:

Did you ask them to tell you how to put requests for Canada and the US in the same request?

Did you ask them to tell you how to put requests for Canada and the US in the same request?
    Yeah, awaiting another reply...

2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec, Hamilton, Nashville, St. Louis, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich
  • I'm just not going to pay much mind to him. It says right on the fucking request page:

Note: There are two ticket request sites, one for U.S. shows and one for Canada shows. If you are interested in buying tickets for shows in both countries, you should submit requests on both sites.

• jdizzle8291jdizzle8291 Posts: 456
    edited January 2020
    And all is well in the world again:
    Thank you for responding to the Ten Club's Ticketmaster Presale Support. We are happy to assist you.
    Upon further review, I have confirmed that U.S. and Canada requests will have to be made independent of each other.
    So two different requests will have to be made for the two different countries.
    We apologize for any inconvenience. If you have any further questions or concerns please let us know. Have a great day!

In summary:
    According to TM support, the card you use for payment does not have to match the card in your 10C profile.
    Yes, you will have two separate entries if doing US and Canadian shows (as we all knew already)
    Oh, one more thing - you cannot use Discover for the Canadian shows.

Post edited by jdizzle8291 on
  • NEweatherNEweather Posts: 519
    Good Work!
  • I’m going to put on my dunce cap and ask a dumb question.  Thanks for giving us a thread to do this without pissing everyone else off! :p

In the past I understood that the priority ranking would be maximized for a single show if you put multiple entries in per show.  For instance if I REALLY Wanted to go to MSG but I also submitted for Baltimore and San Diego my priority order would look like this:

1. MSG GA
    2. MSG RES
    3. BAL GA
    4. BAL RES
    5. SD GA
    6. SD RES

I understood that putting in GA and RES entries for a single show would hopefully increase my odds of at least getting in the building for that particular 1st Priority show.

I put in my request for these 3 shows this morning and I noticed that I wasn’t able to figure out how to create multiple entries per individual show.  It seemed like I could only Edit my current entry if I tried to add another one for an individual show.

Is this no longer an option any more because “Best Available” would theoretically replace the need for dual entries?

FWIW I am actually prioritizing RES for my best odds to get in the building for the 1st 2 shows, so I’ll fall back on that if I have to.  

I won't change direction, and I won't change my mind - E.V.
    06 Chicago I, 06 Chicago II, 06 Grand Rapids, 07 Lollapalloza, 08 DC, 08 MSG I, 08 MSG II, 08 EV Solo Milwaukee, Chicago I & II 09, Portland 09, Nobelsville 10, Cleveland 10, PJ20 I & II, Wrigley 13, Brooklyn I & II '13, St. Paul 14, Moline 14, Milwaukee 14
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    cutz said:
    CopperTom said:
    Be sure your 10C name matches your Ticketmaster name.  Mine didn't.  Thomas v Tom.  I am going to redo my selections tonight.

Edit.
    cutz said:
    spags010 said:
    amethgr8 said:
    spags010 said:
    @TA243471 For some reason under My Account my name is my profile name (spags010) rather than my real first & last name.  
    @amethgr8 Was the email route helpful?  I actually did just get a response but all they told me was that I had to be an active member.  They didn't initiate steps to change my name.

Thank you both for responding
    when did you join the ten club ?
    [...]
    Thanks Matt,

Thank you for reaching out. If you are eligible - You will want to sign up in the Ticketmaster account with the same name that was in the Pre-Sale announcement email we sent to you. You can edit this on the Ticketmaster site if you already signed up.

We will get your name updated on your 10c account after the presale. Please use the name on the card for billing.

[...]

So, i was able to change my name to where it matches with 10C & TM accounts when i sign in, but the first name is different for the CC. Will that matter?
    Yeah, what happens if the names on 10C and TM are the same but the CC is on a different name? Does "Please use the name on the card for billing" just mean that you can use a CC that is on a different name but you have to use that name then for billing?

Hey stranger>LOL

I got that same response and i asked myself the same question. I was able to go into my TM account and match my first name  with my 10 C account when i login to both, but i have a different first name on my CC. I would only GUESS that it should be good to go, but i'm not sure. 
    👋 :) I think we should be good to go. Someone said it is ok if the CC is on a different name. Good luck!

• amethgr8amethgr8 Posts: 766
    We all staying up past midnight for a few hours to see the posts of people getting their selection?
    Amy The Great #74594
    New Orleans LA 7/4/95 reschedule 9/17/95
    Chicago IL 1998, 10/9/00, 06/18/03, 05/16/06, 05/17/06
    08/23/09, 08/24/09, Lolla 08/05/07
    Champaign IL 4/23/03
    Grand Rapids MI VFC 10/03/04
    Grand Rapids MI 19May06
    Noblesville IN 05/07/10 Cleveland OH 05/09/10
    PJ 20 2011
    Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Seattle WA 2013
    St. Louis MO, Milwaukee WI 2014
    Tampa FL, Chicago IL, Lexington KY 2016
    Missoula MT 2018
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,642
    amethgr8 said:
    We all staying up past midnight for a few hours to see the posts of people getting their selection?
    Hell no...they aren't going to get notifications until later tomorrow
  • amethgr8 said:
    They won't start drawing tonight
  • amethgr8amethgr8 Posts: 766
    the window closes at midnight tonight PST, the drawing will commence then? no?  soon enough I suppose
    Amy The Great #74594
    New Orleans LA 7/4/95 reschedule 9/17/95
    Chicago IL 1998, 10/9/00, 06/18/03, 05/16/06, 05/17/06
    08/23/09, 08/24/09, Lolla 08/05/07
    Champaign IL 4/23/03
    Grand Rapids MI VFC 10/03/04
    Grand Rapids MI 19May06
    Noblesville IN 05/07/10 Cleveland OH 05/09/10
    PJ 20 2011
    Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Seattle WA 2013
    St. Louis MO, Milwaukee WI 2014
    Tampa FL, Chicago IL, Lexington KY 2016
    Missoula MT 2018
  • amethgr8 said:
    the window closes at midnight tonight PST, the drawing will commence then? no?  soon enough I suppose
    No, they'll process any cancellation emails in the morning and then start the drawing, most likely Toronto first
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,838
    amethgr8 said:
    They also said you can send an email by midnight PST to cancel your order.  So there will probably be some administration to do before the lottery starts. 
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,192
    I’m going to put on my dunce cap and ask a dumb question.  Thanks for giving us a thread to do this without pissing everyone else off! :p

In the past I understood that the priority ranking would be maximized for a single show if you put multiple entries in per show.  For instance if I REALLY Wanted to go to MSG but I also submitted for Baltimore and San Diego my priority order would look like this:

1. MSG GA
    2. MSG RES
    3. BAL GA
    4. BAL RES
    5. SD GA
    6. SD RES

I understood that putting in GA and RES entries for a single show would hopefully increase my odds of at least getting in the building for that particular 1st Priority show.

I put in my request for these 3 shows this morning and I noticed that I wasn’t able to figure out how to create multiple entries per individual show.  It seemed like I could only Edit my current entry if I tried to add another one for an individual show.

Is this no longer an option any more because “Best Available” would theoretically replace the need for dual entries?

FWIW I am actually prioritizing RES for my best odds to get in the building for the 1st 2 shows, so I’ll fall back on that if I have to.  
    The bolded part of your entry is correct. If you want GA with Reserved as a backup, just put Best Available for all 3. It's not like before where that costs you 2 entries. You're not hurting your odds to just get in the door.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,772
    cutz said:
    CopperTom said:
    Be sure your 10C name matches your Ticketmaster name.  Mine didn't.  Thomas v Tom.  I am going to redo my selections tonight.

Edit.
    cutz said:
    spags010 said:
    amethgr8 said:
    spags010 said:
    @TA243471 For some reason under My Account my name is my profile name (spags010) rather than my real first & last name.  
    @amethgr8 Was the email route helpful?  I actually did just get a response but all they told me was that I had to be an active member.  They didn't initiate steps to change my name.

Thank you both for responding
    when did you join the ten club ?
    [...]
    Thanks Matt,

Thank you for reaching out. If you are eligible - You will want to sign up in the Ticketmaster account with the same name that was in the Pre-Sale announcement email we sent to you. You can edit this on the Ticketmaster site if you already signed up.

We will get your name updated on your 10c account after the presale. Please use the name on the card for billing.

[...]

So, i was able to change my name to where it matches with 10C & TM accounts when i sign in, but the first name is different for the CC. Will that matter?
    Yeah, what happens if the names on 10C and TM are the same but the CC is on a different name? Does "Please use the name on the card for billing" just mean that you can use a CC that is on a different name but you have to use that name then for billing?

Hey stranger>LOL

I got that same response and i asked myself the same question. I was able to go into my TM account and match my first name  with my 10 C account when i login to both, but i have a different first name on my CC. I would only GUESS that it should be good to go, but i'm not sure. 
    👋 :) I think we should be good to go. Someone said it is ok if the CC is on a different name. Good luck!

Yes, was told by 10 C that we're good to go. Good LUCK to you & Cav !
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,252
    How are people still confused??  99% for reserved for most shows. So In US just put best available unless you absolutely don’t want GA. Then put reserved. If you want MSG or Baltimore request those first as they are the ones less than 99%
  • KC2917KC2917 Posts: 872
    edited January 2020
    How are people still confused??  99% for reserved for most shows. So In US just put best available unless you absolutely don’t want GA. Then put reserved. If you want MSG or Baltimore request those first as they are the ones less than 99%
    We’re almost there...
    Post edited by KC2917 on
  • TA243471TA243471 Posts: 1,234

Hang on brother.  Only 1 hour, 40 minutes left is this shit show, then there will be a whole different level of panic, along with the accompanying questions.
    • 2006: Gorge 1
    • 2009: Seattle 1
    • 2013: Seattle
    • 2016: Wrigley 1 & 2
    • 2018: Seattle 1&2, Montana
    • 2020: San Diego, LA 1&2, Oakland 1&2
    • 2022: San Diego, LA 1&2, Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Denver
    • 2024: Vancouver 1, Portland, Las Vegas 1&2, Seattle 1&2, Missoula, Dana Point 1 & 2
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,252
    TA243471 said:

Hang on brother.  Only 1 hour, 40 minutes left is this shit show, then there will be a whole different level of panic, along with the accompanying questions.
    I can’t wait. Hopefully there will be a new set of stupid questions that people would know the answer if they used logic and read the fucking emails 10c sent. 
  • TA243471TA243471 Posts: 1,234

TA243471 said:

I can’t wait. Hopefully there will be a new set of stupid questions that people would know the answer if they used logic and read the fucking emails 10c sent. 
    haha, surely you jest!!!

• 2006: Gorge 1
    • 2009: Seattle 1
    • 2013: Seattle
    • 2016: Wrigley 1 & 2
    • 2018: Seattle 1&2, Montana
    • 2020: San Diego, LA 1&2, Oakland 1&2
    • 2022: San Diego, LA 1&2, Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Denver
    • 2024: Vancouver 1, Portland, Las Vegas 1&2, Seattle 1&2, Missoula, Dana Point 1 & 2
  • ponner1usponner1us Posts: 738
    edited January 2020
    I’m panicking now. I put in for GA and Reserved for Baltimore, I don’t think a Best Available box popped up or auto-populated. Looking at my confirmation email, it states “2 X Multiple Price Levels Requested.” Does this mean I didn’t select Best Available and/or somehow requested 2 single tickets in separate sections?!  Aaahhhh!  Did I f’ up somehow?

Journey Begins: 1992-08-15, Montage Mountain Performing Arts Center,
    Scranton, Pennsylvania

Journey Ends:
  • wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 944
    ponner1us said:
    I’m panicking now. I put in for GA and Reserved for Baltimore, I don’t think a Best Available box popped up or auto-populated. Looking at my confirmation email, it states “2 X Multiple Price Levels Requested.” Does this mean I didn’t select Best Available and/or somehow requested 2 single tickets in separate sections?!  Aaahhhh!  Did I f’ up somehow?
    2 Price levels means best available. Should see qty field in email confirmation of bid.
  • ponner1us said:

You're good, all the Best Available button did was select both options for you. I selected best available on mine and my confirmation looks the same
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,940
    Panicky question, asking for a friend, LOL: I submitted my requests and received a confirmation email. All good there. However, in helping walk a friend thru the process I re-opened the submittal request page using my 10C designated code. No shows were entered, no requests made, no forms submitted, and I closed the page. Did this erase my previously confirmed submittal??
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,940
    jjflash said:
    Panicky question, asking for a friend, LOL: I submitted my requests and received a confirmation email. All good there. However, in helping walk a friend thru the process I re-opened the submittal request page using my 10C designated code. No shows were entered, no requests made, no forms submitted, and I closed the page. Did this erase my previously confirmed submittal??
    Just spoke w TM rep (who was very helpful, btw) and all's good. Passing this info along in case anyone else has a similar question.