Spring Tour Panicky Questions

pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,192
Too excited to read through the instructions? Too stoned for everything to make sense? This is a safe space, (mostly) free of condescension where others will answer your questions about the various ticket draws, what folders to check for confirmation, what hotels are near the venues, etc. Ask away!

Comments

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,532
    Free of condescension?  I don't think so....you don't have admin control.  Why make a promise that you can't keep?  Why create a thread about a topic that already has six threads?

:)

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,192
    Hopefully
    I qualified it with "mostly"
    It's not a promise
    I'm trying to separate it from the tour rumors

Good start!
  • Haha
    2016: Toronto I, Chicago I + II
    2018: Seattle I + II, Chicago I + II
    2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec, Hamilton, Nashville, St. Louis, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich
  • We can only go up from here!
    2016: Toronto I, Chicago I + II
    2018: Seattle I + II, Chicago I + II
    2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec, Hamilton, Nashville, St. Louis, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,532
    I'm glad they are using Ticketmaster.  As much as I hate the monopoly I like the system.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    I'm glad they are using Ticketmaster.  As much as I hate the monopoly I like the system.
    Me, too. It allows for extra features that I thought people would be really happy about. It's weird to see so many people worried that TM is gonna steal a bunch of good seats and mark them up or whatever. Those panicky asses need to come in here and let us soothe them.
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 3,013
    Be sure your 10C name matches your Ticketmaster name.  Mine didn't.  Thomas v Tom.  I am going to redo my selections tonight.
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,902
    edited January 2020
    Does the 10C Ticketmaster US site appear crashed for anyone else or just me?

#notpanicky
    #forserious
    #forseriousnotpanicky
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
    100 Pacer said:
    Does the 10C Ticketmaster US site appear crashed for anyone else or just me?

#notpanicky
    #forserious
    #forseriousnotpanicky
    Working fine for me. Maybe give it a few minutes and try it again. 
  • pjallipjalli Posts: 131
    hi i have a couple of questions! 
    1 - does best available prioritize GA pit?
    2 - can you do ten club AND verified fan?
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 2,089
    pjalli said:
    hi i have a couple of questions! 
    1 - does best available prioritize GA pit?
    2 - can you do ten club AND verified fan?
    1. We think so.
    2. Yes.
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
  • sheri zonasheri zona Posts: 356
    edited January 2020
    I'm going to do 10c AND verified.  If I don't get GA for my selections I'll have to buy seats in the next round, and that's the next round...I say just do it Alli :)
    in an underwater nation...near chinamans hat
    I'm going to do 10c AND verified.  If I don't get GA for my selections I'll have to buy seats in the next round, and that's the next round...I say just do it Alli :)
    Yeah, no reason not to do Verified Fan. If you get squared away via the 10C draw, no requirement to buy anything via VF.
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 2,089
    I believe GA is going to be all Ten Club, so I think if you lose out in the lottery you'll need to hunt for them on the "fan-to-fan ticket exchange", I don't think they'll be available in the verified fan presale or general onsale.
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
    tdawe said:
    I believe GA is going to be all Ten Club, so I think if you lose out in the lottery you'll need to hunt for them on the "fan-to-fan ticket exchange", I don't think they'll be available in the verified fan presale or general onsale.
    that is for sure, GA is always just 10C.
    thanks everyone! i really hope that GA pit is prioritized over reserved...
    pjalli said:
    tdawe said:
    that is for sure, GA is always just 10C.
    thanks everyone! i really hope that GA pit is prioritized over reserved...
    I think that's a safe bet. I would make my selections with that assumption if I were going for these shows.
    OK i got through to the phone support and they confirmed that GA Pit is the "best".
    phew.
    OK another question. Did anyone get an email confirmation after they submitted their 10c requests? i got one for registering for verified fan, but nothing for the 10c entry...
    If you go back into the system you start from scratch, wondering if there is anywhere to see that the entry was submitted. i know, this is definitely a panicky question!
    pjalli said:
    OK another question. Did anyone get an email confirmation after they submitted their 10c requests? i got one for registering for verified fan, but nothing for the 10c entry...
    If you go back into the system you start from scratch, wondering if there is anywhere to see that the entry was submitted. i know, this is definitely a panicky question!
    You should. Check your spam folder. It went there for some people. 
  • It shows up in email as "Thank you for submitting your ticket request"
    in an underwater nation...near chinamans hat
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,642
    Verified fan is a crapshoot....all the people NOT in 10C can sign up for that as well...so thousands of potential ticket buyers. I don't trust the VF process....I trust the 10C lottery more. 
    ah thanks! was in spam. ok done freaking out now, until we get the results :)
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    Hey, Sheri! Good to see you on another tour! Hoping life is doing good things for you. 

Thread intergrity:
    No matter where your tickets are, dump the stress and enjoy. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • dustinparduedustinpardue Posts: 1,829
    This will be the thread for outstanding questions such as:
    "Can I bring my backpack, bicycle, & pack of feral cats all into the venue - and do they have lockers to store them so my hands can be free for a poster tube?"
    "Should I choose GA or Reserved if I am bringing a 10-year-old that chronically wets the bed and has to hear REO Speedwagon tunes hourly to keep from snapping?"
    "Are there plenty of flat, dry surfaces in the venue to cut out rails?"
    "Should I wear my Pearl Jam shirt?"
    "How many times does one urinate during a concert? Am I normal?"
    "Am I allowed to bring my beeper into Royal Farms Arena?"
    "If I bring my newborn, will Ed give him a tambourine?"

Tour time is the greatest time!
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
    This will be the thread for outstanding questions such as:
    "Can I bring my backpack, bicycle, & pack of feral cats all into the venue - and do they have lockers to store them so my hands can be free for a poster tube?"
    "Should I choose GA or Reserved if I am bringing a 10-year-old that chronically wets the bed and has to hear REO Speedwagon tunes hourly to keep from snapping?"
    "Are there plenty of flat, dry surfaces in the venue to cut out rails?"
    "Should I wear my Pearl Jam shirt?"
    "How many times does one urinate during a concert? Am I normal?"
    "Am I allowed to bring my beeper into Royal Farms Arena?"
    "If I bring my newborn, will Ed give him a tambourine?"

Tour time is the greatest time!
    All valid questions and that's the goal of this thread!

Also, as the shows get closer, I'll start a new discussion for GA line anguish. One of these years there is gonna be a battle royale of marker-numbered hands and we cannot let that get buried on Page 493 of a general tour thread.
  • PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    Verified fan is a crapshoot....all the people NOT in 10C can sign up for that as well...so thousands of potential ticket buyers. I don't trust the VF process....I trust the 10C lottery more. 
    definitely have more faith in 10C, but I have had 2 experience with verified fan, 1 with pj in 2018 and it was awful.  1 with Mumford and Sons in 2019 and it was absurdly easy and great.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• MR242791MR242791 Brooklyn NY Posts: 669
    what advice do you have for standing in the GA line and restroom breaks?  I've never had GA tickets, but this year I figure I'll try to get close to the stage to get me some of Eddie's Wine ha ha ha lol
    38 concerts and counting
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine"
  • Has anyone cancelled their order or gone back to view their order?  I went back to the request ticket site and there was no request for tix under the show I picked.  Not sure if re-visiting site automatically canceled my order. I assume I’d get a notice saying I cancelled?  Ugh...confused
  • MR242791MR242791 Brooklyn NY Posts: 669
    Has anyone cancelled their order or gone back to view their order?  I went back to the request ticket site and there was no request for tix under the show I picked.  Not sure if re-visiting site automatically canceled my order. I assume I’d get a notice saying I cancelled?  Ugh...confused

I did the same thing and I'm wondering the same as you

38 concerts and counting
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine"
    Has anyone cancelled their order or gone back to view their order?  I went back to the request ticket site and there was no request for tix under the show I picked.  Not sure if re-visiting site automatically canceled my order. I assume I’d get a notice saying I cancelled?  Ugh...confused
    Do you have the confirmation email? If you have that, you're good to go. The request site looks refreshed because you can submit a new order if you want it to replace your old one.