Options

Hey how about those 2 missing Ten Club singles!

Comments

• Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,984
    If they would have done them 2 years ago. This would not have been a factor. Think about that.

• Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Direct Metal Mastering will most likely be a thing for a bit. There is some fidelity loss, but most people won’t notice. 

GZ, a plant PJ used for years presses DMM. 

Anyone who pays attention to the sound will notice the thin sound of DMM. This is a VERY bad situation for the vinyl record industry. Still Unbelievable that one facility supplied like 98% of lacquers.
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    I think we know who set this fire.  
  • Options
    We didn't start the fire
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Dammit, I came *this* close to posting BJ (not a euphemism). 
  • Options
    vaggar99 said:

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    OceansMagnetOceansMagnet Posts: 1,031
    edited February 2020
    Vedd Hedd said:
    If someone is holding up a "Where are the fan club singles" poster in front of me at a show, I guarantee it will be torn down.  
    If you “tore down” a sign from my hands security would be tearing down an exit for me and an ambulance for you. Keep your hands to yourself. 
  • Options
    jimnelsen said:
    I love the santa hats idea. I was unfortunately at a Staind show, when a stripping Santa clause showed up. Seether was pranking them. Either way. Ouch it was memorable. Let's just be Will Ferrell and wear elf ears! Or..... Yeah santa hats are a great idea!
    Agree 100%. I’ll wear a Santa hat in Phoenix (only show where I have GA)
  • Options
    Vedd Hedd said:
    If someone is holding up a "Where are the fan club singles" poster in front of me at a show, I guarantee it will be torn down.  
    If you “tore down” a sign from my hands security would be tearing down an exit for me and an ambulance for you. Keep your hands to yourself. 

https://youtu.be/jKItYvza7DE
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,086
    Vedd Hedd said:

• Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Vedd Hedd said:
    You are missing the words in bold. If someone held up a sign in front of me and blocking my view, I would be pissed, too. Needn't be a bully or an asshole. Let's work together, please. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,454
    Image result for silly protest sign guy
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,773
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    vaggar99 said:

yes, a Nickelback fan.
  • Options
    vaggar99 said:

Josh Homme?? 
    "If I knew where it was I would take you there ... there's much more than this"

Manchester 92, 09, 12 (x2)
    London 96, 00 (x2), 06, 07, 09, 10
    Reading 06
    Arras 10
    Alpine Valley 11 (x2)
    Prague 12
    Berlin 12
    Leeds 14
    Milton Keynes 14
  • Options
    MedozK said:
    Direct Metal Mastering will most likely be a thing for a bit. There is some fidelity loss, but most people won’t notice. 

GZ, a plant PJ used for years presses DMM. 

Anyone who pays attention to the sound will notice the thin sound of DMM. This is a VERY bad situation for the vinyl record industry. Still Unbelievable that one facility supplied like 98% of lacquers.
    Maybe my ears are shot, but I really don't think they are that bad. Yes, theres a difference between them (well most records actually) and say a QRP AP pressing or some Kevin Grey Pallas germany pressing, but I'd say in general, I don't think theres much of a difference.
  • Options
  • Options
    JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    Another newsletter without any information. It has now been 5 months without an update. Yes, I understand that they are "in production" and will be delivered but it's almost been half a year since the last update. They've been able to announce the release and then sell Vault 9 and MTV Unplugged on vinyl. They just announced the new PJ album and have presold many copies.

Why do the Ten Club and Pearl Jam choose to not address this situation? They've been able to announce a new album and tour in the time that we've been waiting for an update. I would imagine that they are going to have to do some heavy strategic planning and scheduling to ship the singles and DEEP to all of the members. They will need to sort out who has cancelled and how to get in touch with those people not to mention all of the members that have moved or downgraded to a Digital Membership. It's a joke that they asked us to make sure our addresses were updated 5 months ago because they weren't even close to shipping anything.

I'm only asking for an update, nothing else.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,836
    yeah, I'm guessing the singles are never coming. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,934
    They have no update because the singles are not in production and never were. There is no delay related to the pressing of vinyl. If that were so the MP3 versions could have been released months ago. These don't exist as of now, and with club members sniffing around Attorneys General it is likely 10c has been advised not to say anything further on the issue.

Not the end of the world, far from it in fact, but it is a terrible business practice.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    JimmyV said:
    There is no delay related to the pressing of vinyl. 
    There will be starting in about 3 weeks or so.
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    There is no delay related to the pressing of vinyl. 
    There will be starting in about 3 weeks or so.

FORUM POSTING RULE 11. Gossip, not ok. Please don't do it.
  • Options
    kathynekkathynek of the earth Posts: 59
    Next they will share that they were in production but due to the fire, they will now be delayed as they were destroyed. I agree with the previous comment as they were never being made but said that stuff to maybe get a few months off of having to hear from people complaining.  They will be “forthcoming” so make sure your membership is up to date. They had no problem taking our money for a new album, let alone $14 to ship it.  Don’t they know they can send it media mail for like $4.25?

I truly believe they are hoping people forget. I can’t imagine how they will track down members from 2-3 years ago to fulfill their obligation. 

Life will go on indeed without them but they could at least be honest.  It’s a shame how this all went down for sure. 
    * St. Louis, MO - 02 July 1998 * Chicago, IL - 09 Oct 2000 * St. Louis, MO - 11 Oct 2000
    * Champaign, IL - 23 April 2003 * Las Vegas, NV - 06 June 2003 * Kansas City, KS - 12 June 2003
    * Chicago, IL - 18 June 2003 * St. Louis, MO - 05 Oct 2004 * Chicago, IL - 16 May 2006
    * Milwaukee, WI - 29 June 2006 * Chicago, IL - 05 Aug 2007 * Chicago, IL - 24 Aug 2008
    * Nashville, TN - 17 June 2009 * Nashville, TN - 18 June 2009 * Chicago, IL - 23 Aug 2009
    * St. Louis, MO - 04 May 2010 * Chicago, IL - 28 June 2011 * St. Louis, MO - 01 July 2011
    * East Troy, WI - 03 Sept 2011 * East Troy, WI - 04 Sept 2011 * Chicago, IL - 19 July 2013
    * Chicago, IL - 09 July 2015  * Chicago, IL 20 Aug 2016  * Chicago, IL - 18 Aug 2018 
    * Chicago, IL - 20 Aug 2018  * 2020 NO LUCK! :(
  • Options
    brolocobroloco Posts: 1,237
    Half kidding half serious but is there a shot at a class action suit? It may have been said in this thread already or another thread but I didn’t read it all through.
    WTF 10C!!!!! 

• Options

This is great 
  • Options
    broloco said:
    Half kidding half serious but is there a shot at a class action suit? It may have been said in this thread already or another thread but I didn’t read it all through.
    WTF 10C!!!!! 

Fully serious, the answer is yes. Unfortunately, a lawsuit would be the only way to get any information regarding what is going on. It's been 5 months since the last update. By now I would hope that they've gotten the message that some haven't forgotten about this and are not happy about the current situation. Its not that they haven't sent the singles but that the communication has been so pathetic and for no reason. All they have to do is give updates on the process. That is the least they could do considering how these, THE LAST, singles have been so delayed. I'd rather them be honest and say that they haven't even thought about it rather than give no information. They are ignoring the call for a simple update purposefully. That is not an honest business practice nor is it conceivable to do to paying members of a fan club. I have no idea why they would treat their biggest fans like this.

A lawsuit is just a waste of money. The worst part for me is how the band has always had such a passion for vinyl. They get awarded as the 2019 Record Day Ambassadors. This was the same year they cancel their Fan Club vinyl singles and then they've had a ridiculous delay on releasing the last 2 singles. Not to mention that the one before that had the wrong year on printed on it. The band signed off on that? What a fan club this is. I applaud them for taking steps to ensure more real fans get tickets on this tour. That's great but they aren't playing everywhere. Not all fan club members can travel to these locations or afford the tickets. The singles and DEEP used to be something more personal and EVERY paying fan club member got to experience it. It obviously hasn't been a priority for the past few years. They offer new vinyl records for us to buy pretty often but they've delayed sending the final fan club singles out or even talk about it. I know the singles will be delivered eventually. There's no way they could just walk away but it would be beneficial for all parties involved if they would give a simple, honest update.
  • Options
    Image result for dumb protest signs

• Options
    ClapperClapper Toronto Posts: 206
    Cant believe this thread is still going. Conspiracy theorists checking in with the AG or a class action suit like....

1993 - Toronto
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Barrie
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Buffalo, Toronto
    2005 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2006 - Toronto I, Toronto II
    2008 - EV solo Toronto I
    2010 - Buffalo, Newark
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Chicago, Buffalo, Brooklyn I, Brooklyn II, Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II
    2014 - Detroit
    2016 - Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II, New York I, New York II, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2018 - Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    To answer the question above, if we don't get these by EOY, I wouldn't be surprised if someone started a class action suit. Not me, as that sounds like WAY too much work, but I'm sure there are many that would.

And to touch on the personal feel of said singles: Them recently releasing them all for profit, the exact opposite of their original intention, further solidifies that they are a business first and band second.
  • Options
    To answer the question above, if we don't get these by EOY, I wouldn't be surprised if someone started a class action suit. Not me, as that sounds like WAY too much work, but I'm sure there are many that would.

And to touch on the personal feel of said singles: Them recently releasing them all for profit, the exact opposite of their original intention, further solidifies that they are a business first and band second.
    I also remember when people bought their records vs streaming single songs or out right robbing them.

So...yeah, they are trying to making a living off their music, no shit.

This discussion has been closed.