Options

Hey how about those 2 missing Ten Club singles!

Comments

• Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,765
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:
    To answer the question above, if we don't get these by EOY, I wouldn't be surprised if someone started a class action suit. Not me, as that sounds like WAY too much work, but I'm sure there are many that would.

And to touch on the personal feel of said singles: Them recently releasing them all for profit, the exact opposite of their original intention, further solidifies that they are a business first and band second.
    I also remember when people bought their records vs streaming single songs or out right robbing them.

So...yeah, they are trying to making a living off their music, no shit.
    I don't think you get what I'm saying. The fan club singles were always for the fan club only, not to be sold, not to hit radio, not to make a profit on, etc. They were strictly for the fan club. This has all changed, and has nothing to do with their commercial releases. 

You mentioning people buying their records does not apply since these were never for sale commercially in the first place. But I guess 'no shit' is a good enough response, and all that can be expected from most people here, rather than an insightful discussion.
    so we really rolling back to the fact that a fanclub member played Last Kiss either on the radio or for someone with radio ties, it became a hit, the band sold that one side of the single to make a boatload of money for refugees in Kosovo and that is a problem how?  Or that they decided at this stage to put the singles on streaming services, is that a foul somehow, how cares, I already have the vinyl and they send a digital download for them all in the last ten years, and people rip them and share them illegally all over the interwebs as is.

They stopped becoming strictly for the club the moment one person pressed upload and ten thousand pressed download.
    so if i break into an exclusive golf country club, they won't kick me out because now i can claim it's no longer exclusive and i have a right to be there?

wicked! 
    That is a great analogy.

If you are being completely obtuse. 
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,934
    edited February 2020
    The best on going theme in this thread is that, if you are a poster who is not outraged at the 10c, you are considered a 10c defender. 
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    pjl44 said:
    JimmyV said:
    i'm not sure why the "just let it go already" crowd continue to comment and bump this thread and antagonize. just ignore it if it bothers you so much or doesn't apply to you. if something doesn't bother me, I generally don't waste my time badgering those that are. 
    Also, with a new album and tour around the corner, why bitch about this now? I want the Ten Club singles too, but they've fallen down the priority ladder with everything else going on in PJ-world. 
    I hear what you are saying, but at the same time I think for the very reasons you mention this is a more than appropriate time to question where these are. 2019 was so quiet - no album, no shows, not much of anything going on - I did wonder if we were at the end. Were the missing singles just a casualty of there not really being a Pearl Jam anymore? But now with an album and tour we know for sure that is not true. So asking where these are and why is not out of line. That doing so seems to trigger some people continues to be a strange phenomenon. 
    This is gaslighting. What triggers a response is people smearing the band/10C or threatening legal action. If people were only expressing disappointment or asking what's up, this wouldn't be a contentious thread.
    Who the hell made you the judge of what is proper or improper in this thread?

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    pjl44 said:
    Do we have any lawyers in the club? Class action lawsuit? Those seem to be popular these days.
    Gotta watch that one.  Someone else mentioned that early on in the thread and got vilified for it, despite being totally just in that suggestion.  I'd sign it.  We're talking millions of dollars and promised goods not delivered.  Sounds like a class action suit waiting to happen!

Dude if you're gonna quote me, fucking say something.  Don't use my posts as an example for your holier-than-thou attitude. Get the fuck out of the thread if this bothers you so much.
  • Options
    Might I direct you to the tai chi or yoga thread?

(Are there tai chi or yoga threads?)
  • Options
    joeembletonjoeembleton Glasgow Posts: 408
    pjl44 said:
    Do we have any lawyers in the club? Class action lawsuit? Those seem to be popular these days.
    Gotta watch that one.  Someone else mentioned that early on in the thread and got vilified for it, despite being totally just in that suggestion.  I'd sign it.  We're talking millions of dollars and promised goods not delivered.  Sounds like a class action suit waiting to happen!

Dude if you're gonna quote me, fucking say something.  Don't use my posts as an example for your holier-than-thou attitude. Get the fuck out of the thread if this bothers you so much.
    Chill dude. Unacceptable behavior is all yours here.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,919
    Let's all calm down and not reward trolling behavior by getting the thread locked. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    edited February 2020
    pjl44 said:

People are trying to create an alternate reality about what is being discussed in this thread. I quoted your post without any editing. Nothing to flip your wig over.
    Post edited by pjl44 on
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    JimmyV said:
    Let's all calm down and not reward trolling behavior by getting the thread locked. 
    When all you have left is ad hominem insults...
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,008
    pjl44 said:

• Options
    sorry, I couldn't help myself.
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,765
    Image result for terrible protest signs
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    pjl44 said:

broloco said:
    Half kidding half serious but is there a shot at a class action suit? It may have been said in this thread already or another thread but I didn’t read it all through.
    WTF 10C!!!!! 

To answer the question above, if we don't get these by EOY, I wouldn't be surprised if someone started a class action suit. Not me, as that sounds like WAY too much work, but I'm sure there are many that would.

And to touch on the personal feel of said singles: Them recently releasing them all for profit, the exact opposite of their original intention, further solidifies that they are a business first and band second.
    BF25394 said:
    goldrush said:

Yes, we are owed singles that we have paid for. No, I don’t believe PJ or 10C have done anything illegal. 
    Breach of contract is illegal.  We're well past the point where non-performance gives rise to a valid legal claim for breach of contract.

You don't have to care that they're in breach of contract, and you can feel disdain towards those who do care, but it's a breach of contract regardless.
    ldent42 said:
    We don’t NEED them, we can still buy tickets from TM.

to me, this is the band letting us down more than anything. But going off what Mike said in the Gigaton press release, it seems the past few years have not been good for them. So this kinda makes sense.
    Where can I read this? 

Also, I didn't read this whole thread and I'm not an analog member so I have no reason too be concerned with this issue, but while I see the AG was already contacted. I believe complaints can also be made to the BBB if anyone felt so inclined

If you're going to quote me and others to try and prove your point that we are all threatening legal action, then at least read what I fucking wrote first.
  • Options
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:

I also remember when people bought their records vs streaming single songs or out right robbing them.

So...yeah, they are trying to making a living off their music, no shit.
    I don't think you get what I'm saying. The fan club singles were always for the fan club only, not to be sold, not to hit radio, not to make a profit on, etc. They were strictly for the fan club. This has all changed, and has nothing to do with their commercial releases. 

You mentioning people buying their records does not apply since these were never for sale commercially in the first place. But I guess 'no shit' is a good enough response, and all that can be expected from most people here, rather than an insightful discussion.
    so we really rolling back to the fact that a fanclub member played Last Kiss either on the radio or for someone with radio ties, it became a hit, the band sold that one side of the single to make a boatload of money for refugees in Kosovo and that is a problem how?  Or that they decided at this stage to put the singles on streaming services, is that a foul somehow, how cares, I already have the vinyl and they send a digital download for them all in the last ten years, and people rip them and share them illegally all over the interwebs as is.

They stopped becoming strictly for the club the moment one person pressed upload and ten thousand pressed download.
    Every post that I see of yours is accompanied by a holier-than-thou attitude. So one last reply to you: Last Kiss was different as they are not the ones that leaked it to radio. They figured they could do some good with it by raising money for Kosovo refugees, and even apologized to the fan club and said it would never happen again. And it was both sides of the single that they released, if you want to get technical about it.

My complaint, if you want to call it that, was them releasing all the other singles that were once fan club only to the masses just 2 months ago. That proved to me that the fan club means nothing to them. It's all about the money now. People illegally share music all the time; that doesn't mean the artists endorse it, so your closing argument is invalid.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I am just surprised that people care about the fan club single at all lol
    Who gives a shit? You've got a 30 year catalog of music and a brand new album of FRESH music coming out from a band that could/should have broken up before the year 2000, and your worried about the fan club single?

People act like that's what they pay their dues for, a single once a year...🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
    We are all here for the same 2 reasons, the Forum and access to the most up-to-date information, and most importantly, the access to fan club presales so we can avoid sitting in the nosebleeds with the EvenBros.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    Who gives a shit? You've got a 30 year catalog of music and a brand new album of FRESH music coming out from a band that could/should have broken up before the year 2000, and your worried about the fan club single?

People act like that's what they pay their dues for, a single once a year...🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
    We are all here for the same 2 reasons, the Forum and access to the most up-to-date information, and most importantly, the access to fan club presales so we can avoid sitting in the nosebleeds with the EvenBros.
    I signed up back in the '90s for ticket access. The single was a nice bonus that I didn't even know about when I originally signed up, and also the reason that I kept renewing. So, to answer your question, a lot of people care about the singles. I'm also one of the few that could give a rat's ass about a new album. There are so many great songs that will be bumped from the setlist now, but I'm not complaining about it either, just stating my opinion.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    rgambs said:

Its exactly  why I paid half my dues. The only reason I went analog over digital is because of the single. As soon as they announced the single was done I switched to digital. So yes, there is truth behind people acting like the only reason we're here is for the single.

But I do agree with you that there is a lot more going on. I don;t think about the singles until I log on and see this thread. If we never get them I'll be disappointed. It was a novelty that I enjoyed, and disappointed that the band was willing to charge me $40 (the difference in membership for 2 years) and not delivered the promised product. But I'll still be a member and still try to go to more shows.

Wouldn't you be upset if the next mystery boxes came around and when yours was delivered it just had a note that said "sorry, we ran out of posters. --SLH" but they kept your money? Or would you shrug it off and just say well we have a lot else going on, no big deal?
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Options
    JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    I care more about DEEP and the singles than the "opportunity" to get tickets to a show. The main reason I joined the club was for the single back in 1996. The opportunity to access tickets is nice but I haven't won tickets every time I've tried which I'm OK with. At the same time, I realize that Pearl Jam really hasn't performed much in the last 10 years and they don't play everywhere. Not every club member is able to travel to the limited locations where the band decides to play and even then it is still a gamble to get tickets.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,919
    The music is and should be important. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    rgambs said:

What you failed to take into consideration with your observation is that if your theory is correct and that people only wanted a 10c membership for forum access and ticket pre-sale access they wouldn't necessarily have been analog members. Digital membership provided those things. Many analog member like me were analog strictly for the single. I didn't care about the shitty t-shirts or the hard copy of Deep, but was analog for the 7" annual single. Once they announced the end of that, I downgraded to digital. So you are absolutely incorrect your theory regarding why we were analog. And many of us are not "worried" about the single. We're frustrated that something we as consumers purchased from a business was not delivered. There's a level of consumer fraud there that is escaping you apparently. We're talking about a business transaction that hasn't been honored and are simply demanding that the business who accepted funds from us deliver on their obligation. It really is that simple.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    Especially when the music has already been paid for. Can you imagine if they presold the new album, Gigaton, and then had a 2 year delay and refused to give updates? That is a fair comparison to make.
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,359

6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    rgambs said:

Its exactly  why I paid half my dues. The only reason I went analog over digital is because of the single. As soon as they announced the single was done I switched to digital. So yes, there is truth behind people acting like the only reason we're here is for the single.

But I do agree with you that there is a lot more going on. I don;t think about the singles until I log on and see this thread. If we never get them I'll be disappointed. It was a novelty that I enjoyed, and disappointed that the band was willing to charge me $40 (the difference in membership for 2 years) and not delivered the promised product. But I'll still be a member and still try to go to more shows.

Wouldn't you be upset if the next mystery boxes came around and when yours was delivered it just had a note that said "sorry, we ran out of posters. --SLH" but they kept your money? Or would you shrug it off and just say well we have a lot else going on, no big deal?
    Your scenario about the mystery boxes isn't as far off as you would think. Mine arrived crushed, accordion style, everything destroyed. Their email reply to my pictures? All sales are final, items as is, no refunds, etc. That was a kick in the balls, and I never bought another thing from their shitty, over-priced store again. I'm digital now just for the tickets.
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,934
    I do look forward to the "we waited 3 years for this" posts that will happen when they do ship.

• Options
    I trust 10club/jpearl jam will make good on the singles.  It'll be interesting to see what we get, whenever that is.  Gigaton b-sides?  Eddie's "room at the top" tribute to Petty?  
    you're god and you've got big hands
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,469
    rgambs said:

I signed up back in the '90s for ticket access. The single was a nice bonus that I didn't even know about when I originally signed up, and also the reason that I kept renewing. So, to answer your question, a lot of people care about the singles. I'm also one of the few that could give a rat's ass about a new album. There are so many great songs that will be bumped from the setlist now, but I'm not complaining about it either, just stating my opinion.
    So you DONT care about the new album....but you DO care that previous 10C singles were released digitally?  

They werent re-released as vinyl singles, correct?

Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,469
    JB16057 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Especially when the music has already been paid for. Can you imagine if they presold the new album, Gigaton, and then had a 2 year delay and refused to give updates? That is a fair comparison to make.
    I dont think its totally fair.   The 10C fee is for A, B, C, D and E.  They just failed to provide B at some point.  

Prepaying for Gigaton, then waiting 2 years.....thats ONE thing.

Also, I preordered a video game once, and it took 2 years to release...so yeah. 
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    rgambs said:

Your scenario about the mystery boxes isn't as far off as you would think. Mine arrived crushed, accordion style, everything destroyed. Their email reply to my pictures? All sales are final, items as is, no refunds, etc. That was a kick in the balls, and I never bought another thing from their shitty, over-priced store again. I'm digital now just for the tickets.
    Not to hijack this thread on a bit of a red herring  that was tossed out above, but.....my experience was just the opposite relating to the Mystery Box.  Mine also showed up crushed "accordion style"....while I cannot be certain of all of the items still being in the box, I did note that the poster tube was definitely not in the box.  Posted a pic and 10c took care of it immediately....as in, the next day one was on the way.  I know different people have different experiences, but I have never had a encounter with the folks a 10c that wasn't professional.  Call me an apologist....I just don't have any interactions with them that would lead me to believe otherwise....
    ps:  After seeing what other people got in their Mystery Boxes, I think that the only other thing that didn't make it in mine would have been the guitar picks...otherwise it looked like the thief left the other miscellaneous items....
  • Options
    Vedd Hedd said:
    JB16057 said:
    JimmyV said:
    I dont think its totally fair.   The 10C fee is for A, B, C, D and E.  They just failed to provide B at some point.  

Prepaying for Gigaton, then waiting 2 years.....thats ONE thing.

Also, I preordered a video game once, and it took 2 years to release...so yeah. 
    My point is that we paid for new music and they've dropped the ball. We didn't ask them to sell us the fan club vinyl singles. They offered it to us, same as the new album. Not only did they fail to provide B, but also C or whatever letter you want to assign. We haven't received DEEP except they are now missing 3 issues of DEEP. Also, one of those letters would be the chance to get concert tickets but I've already made the point that they don't play very often or in a variety of places. We do get ugly shirts and a concert bootleg code.

You're right, these things are not the same. They can give us an exact date when to expect Gigaton but they won't give us a date, let alone any information, for the fan club singles.
  • Options
    I do look forward to the "we waited 3 years for this" posts that will happen when they do ship.

First thing I'm going to do when I finally get my singles is to pick up some Arby's, sit down and listen twice (and then I'll put the records away for years and listen to literally anything else). It will be magical and worth the wait because...horsey sauce.
This discussion has been closed.