Options

Hey how about those 2 missing Ten Club singles!

Comments

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,922
    so was I. But anytime anyone so much as bumps this thread the children come out with their stupid memes and gifs. and I think if the club really felt threatened by this thread, they'd have shut it down weeks ago. I don't think they require anyone defending them. 
    I actually do think calling for sanity and perspective is sometimes required on the internet. If this whole thread were just a groupthink train of calls for legal action, with no one saying "whoa, hol'up, you're being crazy", that can compel people to join in and act on said craziness. If just one person reads my posts and thinks, "ok, he's right, this is a little much, these are people who make mistakes just like me, I'll take it down a notch", then it's worthwhile. I actually don't think 10C requires a defense from me, particularly because I'm 100% certain 10C's Terms and Conditions are protection enough and lawsuits would go nowhere, but sharing thoughts shapes the perspectives of undecideds.

Reddit is a great example of how dangerous that shit can be because it's a heavily moderated environment and dissent is often removed or downvoted so it isn't visible. Opposing views help to temper craziness.
    These threads have never been a groupthink train of calls for legal action. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    so was I. But anytime anyone so much as bumps this thread the children come out with their stupid memes and gifs. and I think if the club really felt threatened by this thread, they'd have shut it down weeks ago. I don't think they require anyone defending them. 
    I actually do think calling for sanity and perspective is sometimes required on the internet. If this whole thread were just a groupthink train of calls for legal action, with no one saying "whoa, hol'up, you're being crazy", that can compel people to join in and act on said craziness. If just one person reads my posts and thinks, "ok, he's right, this is a little much, these are people who make mistakes just like me, I'll take it down a notch", then it's worthwhile. I actually don't think 10C requires a defense from me, particularly because I'm 100% certain 10C's Terms and Conditions are protection enough and lawsuits would go nowhere, but sharing thoughts shapes the perspectives of undecideds.

Reddit is a great example of how dangerous that shit can be because it's a heavily moderated environment and dissent is often removed or downvoted so it isn't visible. Opposing views help to temper craziness.
    Didn't say it was. I was responding to Hugh suggesting a defense wasn't required and using a scenario to illustrate my point.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    JimmyV said:

Didn't say it was. I was responding to Hugh suggesting a defense wasn't required and using a scenario to illustrate my point.
    I know, but what I (and possiblyJimmy) is getting to, is that the backlash to this is out of proportion to the initial complaint. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    BennyLaRueBennyLaRue Posts: 751
    edited February 2020
    JimmyV said:

I know, but what I (and possiblyJimmy) is getting to, is that the backlash to this is out of proportion to the initial complaint. 
    I can't speak for everyone else and my comments are usually funnier than theirs (this recent run excepted).
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

It read like nutpicking. 

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067

broloco said:
    Half kidding half serious but is there a shot at a class action suit? It may have been said in this thread already or another thread but I didn’t read it all through.
    WTF 10C!!!!! 

To answer the question above, if we don't get these by EOY, I wouldn't be surprised if someone started a class action suit. Not me, as that sounds like WAY too much work, but I'm sure there are many that would.

And to touch on the personal feel of said singles: Them recently releasing them all for profit, the exact opposite of their original intention, further solidifies that they are a business first and band second.
    BF25394 said:
    goldrush said:

Yes, we are owed singles that we have paid for. No, I don’t believe PJ or 10C have done anything illegal. 
    Breach of contract is illegal.  We're well past the point where non-performance gives rise to a valid legal claim for breach of contract.

You don't have to care that they're in breach of contract, and you can feel disdain towards those who do care, but it's a breach of contract regardless.
    ldent42 said:
    We don’t NEED them, we can still buy tickets from TM.

to me, this is the band letting us down more than anything. But going off what Mike said in the Gigaton press release, it seems the past few years have not been good for them. So this kinda makes sense.
    Where can I read this? 

Also, I didn't read this whole thread and I'm not an analog member so I have no reason too be concerned with this issue, but while I see the AG was already contacted. I believe complaints can also be made to the BBB if anyone felt so inclined
    Do we have any lawyers in the club? Class action lawsuit? Those seem to be popular these days.

• Options
    Do we have any lawyers in the club? Class action lawsuit? Those seem to be popular these days.
    Gotta watch that one.  Someone else mentioned that early on in the thread and got vilified for it, despite being totally just in that suggestion.  I'd sign it.  We're talking millions of dollars and promised goods not delivered.  Sounds like a class action suit waiting to happen!

• Options
    pjl44 said:

broloco said:
    Half kidding half serious but is there a shot at a class action suit? It may have been said in this thread already or another thread but I didn’t read it all through.
    WTF 10C!!!!! 

To answer the question above, if we don't get these by EOY, I wouldn't be surprised if someone started a class action suit. Not me, as that sounds like WAY too much work, but I'm sure there are many that would.

And to touch on the personal feel of said singles: Them recently releasing them all for profit, the exact opposite of their original intention, further solidifies that they are a business first and band second.
    BF25394 said:
    goldrush said:

Yes, we are owed singles that we have paid for. No, I don’t believe PJ or 10C have done anything illegal. 
    Breach of contract is illegal.  We're well past the point where non-performance gives rise to a valid legal claim for breach of contract.

You don't have to care that they're in breach of contract, and you can feel disdain towards those who do care, but it's a breach of contract regardless.
    ldent42 said:

to me, this is the band letting us down more than anything. But going off what Mike said in the Gigaton press release, it seems the past few years have not been good for them. So this kinda makes sense.
    Where can I read this? 

Also, I didn't read this whole thread and I'm not an analog member so I have no reason too be concerned with this issue, but while I see the AG was already contacted. I believe complaints can also be made to the BBB if anyone felt so inclined

come on. none of these are seriously considering actually doing it. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,958
    So then they are just being over the top dramatic?

• Options
    pjl44 said:

broloco said:
    WTF 10C!!!!! 

BF25394 said:
    goldrush said:

ldent42 said:

Where can I read this? 

• Options
    I'm not about to dig back through pages of old posts and threads, but I am pretty certain the passionate defenses of 10c on this issue started long before anyone threatened legal action. 

• Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,958
    I think it was more calls for patience at that point. It was when that one dude called the Washington AG is when this thread went off the rails.
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

broloco said:
    WTF 10C!!!!! 

BF25394 said:
    goldrush said:

ldent42 said:

Where can I read this? 

that's what you get for trying to kick a field goal with a giant egg. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JimmyV said:
    I'm not about to dig back through pages of old posts and threads, but I am pretty certain the passionate defenses of 10c on this issue started long before anyone threatened legal action. 
    I would not be certain that your selective memory improves as the posts get older
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    JimmyV said:
    Absolutely correct. There have been a number of threads about this topic, and this is the first one I remember there being talk of legal action (which I've never suggested or endorsed - although I understand the sentiment). The defenders of the faith can be found en masse in all of those threads rallying in defense of their holy and sacred fan club.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    pjl44 said:

broloco said:
    WTF 10C!!!!! 

BF25394 said:
    goldrush said:

ldent42 said:

Where can I read this? 

I also stated that what they have done is essentially fraud (or breach of contract or whatever the proper legal term is here). that's just stating a fact. which is what many here have done. that's what class action lawsuits are meant for: is it worth it to go to court over $10? no, but bilking $10 out of hundreds of thousands of people is cause for alarm and honestly, big companies are held to account that way. 

only one person went to the AG. Pretty sure that's all that is going to happen as well. 

edit: this was meant as a response to Tim's post, not sure what happened here. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,526
    I think it was more calls for patience at that point. It was when that one dude called the Washington AG is when this thread went off the rails.
    He actually called?! 

Wow.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    JimmyV said:
    I would not be certain that your selective memory improves as the posts get older
     jimmy is 100% correct. people have been raising concerns about this since 1994. and there have been just as many, if not more, support-the-band-to-the-end folks. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    100 Pacer said:
    He actually called?! 

Wow.
    or sent a letter or something. didn't he get a letter back?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    pjl44 said:
    JimmyV said:
     jimmy is 100% correct. people have been raising concerns about this since 1994. and there have been just as many, if not more, support-the-band-to-the-end folks. 
    Man, I don't think anyone here has said boo about whatever may have been discussed in the 90s!
  • Options
    I mocked the AG call as much as anyone. Sadly it was the only thing that actually got a response from 10c.

• Options
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Man, I don't think anyone here has said boo about whatever may have been discussed in the 90s!
    huh? let me retry this: jimmy is saying that 10C-defenders predate the AG call by about 2 decades. and he is 100% correct. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,767
    PB11041 said:

I also remember when people bought their records vs streaming single songs or out right robbing them.

So...yeah, they are trying to making a living off their music, no shit.
    I don't think you get what I'm saying. The fan club singles were always for the fan club only, not to be sold, not to hit radio, not to make a profit on, etc. They were strictly for the fan club. This has all changed, and has nothing to do with their commercial releases. 

You mentioning people buying their records does not apply since these were never for sale commercially in the first place. But I guess 'no shit' is a good enough response, and all that can be expected from most people here, rather than an insightful discussion.
    so we really rolling back to the fact that a fanclub member played Last Kiss either on the radio or for someone with radio ties, it became a hit, the band sold that one side of the single to make a boatload of money for refugees in Kosovo and that is a problem how?  Or that they decided at this stage to put the singles on streaming services, is that a foul somehow, how cares, I already have the vinyl and they send a digital download for them all in the last ten years, and people rip them and share them illegally all over the interwebs as is.

They stopped becoming strictly for the club the moment one person pressed upload and ten thousand pressed download.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,437

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    100 Pacer said:
    He actually called?! 

Wow.
    or sent a letter or something. didn't he get a letter back?
    I'm not going on a thread digging mission, but I swear that he wrote to Washington AG a second time and they stated that 10c didn't respond.  

It's a bummer, but I'll hang out.  My big concern this year is getting my child to pass Chemistry and Geometry.  
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    Best case scenario for this delay is they are working on Lost Dogs 2 and don't know yet what recordings won't make it onto that album.

• Options
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:

I also remember when people bought their records vs streaming single songs or out right robbing them.

So...yeah, they are trying to making a living off their music, no shit.
    I don't think you get what I'm saying. The fan club singles were always for the fan club only, not to be sold, not to hit radio, not to make a profit on, etc. They were strictly for the fan club. This has all changed, and has nothing to do with their commercial releases. 

You mentioning people buying their records does not apply since these were never for sale commercially in the first place. But I guess 'no shit' is a good enough response, and all that can be expected from most people here, rather than an insightful discussion.
    so we really rolling back to the fact that a fanclub member played Last Kiss either on the radio or for someone with radio ties, it became a hit, the band sold that one side of the single to make a boatload of money for refugees in Kosovo and that is a problem how?  Or that they decided at this stage to put the singles on streaming services, is that a foul somehow, how cares, I already have the vinyl and they send a digital download for them all in the last ten years, and people rip them and share them illegally all over the interwebs as is.

They stopped becoming strictly for the club the moment one person pressed upload and ten thousand pressed download.
    so if i break into an exclusive golf country club, they won't kick me out because now i can claim it's no longer exclusive and i have a right to be there?

wicked! 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I wish, society had a mind, to believe for themselves, not what they are told.
    Yes, the singles would be out soon, make sure you information is correct.
    Yes, we allocated as much seating as possible for our members.
    I believe in myself, and see with my eyes. But we are screwed this time. ( Just like the pending election) (and the singles) (as well as the truth) insert Jack Nicholas you can't handle the truth. ( This forum is fun)

• Options
    RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MO Posts: 885
    sgtppr67 said:
    Well i hope every fan who meets the members of the band out on the road during the 2020 tours asks them about these singles. I doubt they know or even think about them
    Ask Stone at breakfast!
  • Options
    LostpawnLostpawn Posts: 414
    jimnelsen said:
    I wish, society had a mind, to believe for themselves, not what they are told.
    Yes, the singles would be out soon, make sure you information is correct.
    Yes, we allocated as much seating as possible for our members.
    I believe in myself, and see with my eyes. But we are screwed this time. ( Just like the pending election) (and the singles) (as well as the truth) insert Jack Nicholas you can't handle the truth. ( This forum is fun)

Puff puff give!  Puff puff give!  You’re fuckin up the rotation!   ;)
This discussion has been closed.