Options

Hey how about those 2 missing Ten Club singles!

Comments

• Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,184
    JB16057 said:
    It's embarrassing that a band would treat their fans like this.
    IMO the band has always treated their fans very well.  I am confident they will with these late singles as well.  Whats embarrassing is threatening the band (which I assume you love) with lawsuits.  The singles will come.  RELAX.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,484
    edited January 2020
    JB16057 said:
    You're embarrassing yourself. Why don't you relax and let the band do whatever the fuck they want? 
    They are doing "what the fuck they want" on borrowed money. Several thousand fans money. If we are to be specific.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,405
    I can't believe that guy called me poor 
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    I can't believe that guy called me poor 
    Yeah! I'm a 1%er*!

* - in the world. Most of you are too.
  • Options
    brewdog123brewdog123 ATL Posts: 641
    edited January 2020
    JB16057 said:
    let me fix this

It is embarrassing that a band would treat their FAN CLUB like this.
    Atlanta, GA 8/7/00...Atlanta, GA 4/19/03...Columbia, SC 6/16/08...New Orleans, LA 5/1/10...East Troy, WI 9/3/11... East Troy, WI 9/4/11... Atlanta, GA 9/22/12...Greenville, SC 4/16/16...Nashville, TN 9/16/22
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,800
    Image result for stupid gifs
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,361
    And round and round and round we go.

Yes, we are owed singles that we have paid for. No, I don’t believe PJ or 10C have done anything illegal. They have provided an update, albeit a while ago now. Some people are happy with the update, some are not. Threatening legal action is ridiculous, and holding up signs at a show would be pretty embarrassing.

You have to keep in mind that it’s been 6 and a half years since Lightning Bolt so they’ve hardly been in a rush to release any new music
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,567
    The communication from the band is severely  lacking. That being said, people here are continuing to way overreact to the point of being ridiculous.  Especially the people who are treating this like they’re participating in the Montgomery Bus Boycott.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    I'm not threatening lawsuits. I just want communication which is not a lot to ask for at $40 a year.

This isn't about the singles or DEEP. This is about a band treating their most loyal fans with disrespect. We get monthly emails asking us to buy new stuff but they can't address what has already been paid for.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    goldrush said:
    And round and round and round we go.

Yes, we are owed singles that we have paid for. No, I don’t believe PJ or 10C have done anything illegal. They have provided an update, albeit a while ago now. Some people are happy with the update, some are not. Threatening legal action is ridiculous, and holding up signs at a show would be pretty embarrassing.

You have to keep in mind that it’s been 6 and a half years since Lightning Bolt so they’ve hardly been in a rush to release any new music

One of my favorite writers growing up is a man named James Cameron
    And I remember Cameron writing "The unknown future rolls toward us. I face it, for the first time, with a sense of hope. Because if a machine, a Terminator, can learn the value of human life, maybe we can too."

And as a swedish child, that resonated with me. Because if a machine, a Terminator can learn the value of human life - then a rock band and its fanclub should learn the value in not denying me my fanclub singles.
    But as I grew I started to understand:

Poor white fans have been denied
    Women are being denied
    Gay and lesbians, transgender fans have been denied.
    Immigrant fans been denied.

So I want you to take a few seconds
    to look to your left, look to your right
    Look to your neighbour and say, "Neighbour, the time is NOW"

There are more of us.
    We're stronger
    We will wait no longer
    The time is NOW.

When you go to that concert this year
    I need you to carry at that concert the memory of this Jamily.

Black
    White
    Straight
    Gay
    Male
    Female

WE ARE TOGETHER
    WE ARE UNITED
    OUR TIME IS RIGHT NOW

We will not wait four more years
    We will not wait 20 more years
    We will not wait two more album cycles
    We will not wait three more album cycles

The time is NOW!
    The time is not in the future
    The time is not some abstract time
    The time is not something that might be
    The time ain't something that could be
    The time ain't something that should be
    Would be.

It aint tomorrow
    It aint the day after
    It aint coming next week

The time is NOW

Paid for by:

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    BennyLaRueBennyLaRue Posts: 751
    edited January 2020
    Da fuq? Did you just throw 10C singles in with women and LGBTQ issues?

Edit: Oh, and race. Please tell me you're really high right now.
    Post edited by BennyLaRue on
  • Options
    I love this thread! Dollar store used to sell these. I think my summer concert attire, and baseball game attire is a Pearl jam shirt and santa hat.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    nvm
  • Options
    I complained less the past 14 years about my brother dying at 23 than some of you have about these singles, and I like to complain!

Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• Options
    nvm
    Too much blueberry tea.
  • Options
    nvm
    Too much blueberry tea.

• Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    nvm
    Too much blueberry tea.

That does not look like blueberry tea. 

Thread integrity: Carry on.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    Nevermind, the 10th is just over a week away so we may get some sort of update.🤣
  • Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 3,012
    This is the update: "The missing singles and Deep will be delivered on a very special day. It's a day called: "Someday"."
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options
    dudeman said:
    This is the update: "The missing singles and Deep will be delivered on a very special day. It's a day called: "Someday"."
    is this a neil young reference?
  • Options
    joeembletonjoeembleton Glasgow Posts: 408
    dudeman said:
     =) 
  • Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 3,012
    dudeman said:
    Not intentionally. King Julien. 

I'm an idiot.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,854
    goldrush said:

Yes, we are owed singles that we have paid for. No, I don’t believe PJ or 10C have done anything illegal. 
    Breach of contract is illegal.  We're well past the point where non-performance gives rise to a valid legal claim for breach of contract.

You don't have to care that they're in breach of contract, and you can feel disdain towards those who do care, but it's a breach of contract regardless.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,405
    BF25394 said:
    goldrush said:

Yes, we are owed singles that we have paid for. No, I don’t believe PJ or 10C have done anything illegal. 
    Breach of contract is illegal.  We're well past the point where non-performance gives rise to a valid legal claim for breach of contract.

You don't have to care that they're in breach of contract, and you can feel disdain towards those who do care, but it's a breach of contract regardless.
    But is it breach of contract 
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    Lawsuits, etc are bullshit in my opinion. Yeah, I’d like those singles but this whole thread is ridiculous. Move ON. 

I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    EnzedEnzed NZ Posts: 484
    If those fuckers aren’t going to deliver then refund us, like any other business.
    Auckland 1 1995
    Auckland 1998
    EV (Neil Finn and Friends, April 2, 2001)
    Auckland 2009
    Auckland 2014
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:
    Lawsuits, etc are bullshit in my opinion. Yeah, I’d like those singles but this whole thread is ridiculous. Move ON. 

the biggest tenclub fuckups still get
    small small waves
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,800
    Image result for dumpster fire gif
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    rb173565rb173565 Posts: 106
    i hope one of the DEEP mags is a full print run of this thread. it just keeps getting better!
  • Options
    erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170
    Image result for puppies and vinyl records
    "It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014 
This discussion has been closed.