Options

Hey how about those 2 missing Ten Club singles!

Comments

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,538
    edited December 2019

This is not a Ten Club issue.   If it were a Ten Club issue, the people in charge of the Ten Club would have been fired by their owners (i.e., the band).  If Ed was asking the Ten Club to get the single out and the Ten Club ignores Ed for three years, then heads would roll.  Tim is still there.  Kelly is still here.  SLH is still here.  The band is in charge of the holiday single, artwork and DEEP.  They are the delay.  Tim is the messenger. 

We aren't going to get another "Angel" or "Last Kiss" with these last few holiday singles so I've moved on.  I just see posts blaming the Ten Club and do not believe at all that they are the reason for the delay.  The thing they may be guilty of is covering for their bosses (the band) and not putting their customers first (with respect to the holiday single).

The Ten Club helped me get GA tickets to Zurich and Budapest by clicking a few buttons at my leisure and then confirming the lottery while I was sleeping.  Viva la 10C!   

Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,979
    edited December 2019

This is not a Ten Club issue.   If it were a Ten Club issue, the people in charge of the Ten Club would have been fired by their owners (i.e., the band).  If Ed was asking the Ten Club to get the single out and the Ten Club ignores Ed for three years, then heads would roll.  Tim is still there.  Kelly is still here.  SLH is still here.  The band is in charge of the holiday single, artwork and DEEP.  They are the delay.  Tim is the messenger. 

We aren't going to get another "Angel" or "Last Kiss" with these last few holiday singles so I've moved on.  I just see posts blaming the Ten Club and do not believe at all that they are the reason for the delay.  The thing they may be guilty of is covering for their bosses (the band) and not putting their customers first (with respect to the holiday single).

The Ten Club helped me get GA tickets to Zurich and Budapest by clicking a few buttons at my leisure and then confirming the lottery while I was sleeping.  Viva la 10C!   

I have not seen anyone blame the singles not being recorded on the tenclub.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,832

of course 10C isn't the issue with the singles. but they ARE the issue with communication. which is, and almost always has been, horrible at best. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

of course 10C isn't the issue with the singles. but they ARE the issue with communication. which is, and almost always has been, horrible at best. 

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158

i agree,,the band is the boss,10c works of how the band plays along..im pretty sure in meetings 10c manangment brings up what should follow..now if the band dont make the call 10c has to  wait and  then they have to deal with fans - customers complains and make looks that is not bands fault..thats why 10c gets all the heat .
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

i agree,,the band is the boss,10c works of how the band plays along..im pretty sure in meetings 10c manangment brings up what should follow..now if the band dont make the call 10c has to  wait and  then they have to deal with fans - customers complains and make looks that is not bands fault..thats why 10c gets all the heat .
    true but the club could easily be more transparent. instead of responding with nothing or appearing apathetic, answer a question. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,148

true but the club could easily be more transparent. instead of responding with nothing or appearing apathetic, answer a question. 
    Yah, but if it's the band's fault, do they really want to be coming out saying so?   I good fan club employee would deflect for the band... :)
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Zod said:

Yah, but if it's the band's fault, do they really want to be coming out saying so?   I good fan club employee would deflect for the band... :)
    Would be funny for Tim or Kelly to come on and post "I've emailed Jeff 357 times and he has not responded" Or "Stone keeps ghosting me when I call him about it" . 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Zod said:

Would be funny for Tim or Kelly to come on and post "I've emailed Jeff 357 times and he has not responded" Or "Stone keeps ghosting me when I call him about it" . 
    a simple "we'll update you when we get an update from the band" would be good. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    We've been told that these are forthcoming? What more do you guys want/need to know?

Just joking, the communication has been absymal and its a shame really. The singles were the reason I joined the club and I always looked forward to them. But theyve been unpredictable in their delivery for almost as long as I remember. People expect more in the digital age. Subscriptions all automated etc so you would think that better communication would go hand in hand.

Another problem I see is that unless they release a live take from a show the headlines would be that PJ has released new music for the first time in 6 years and probably not what they want to be judged on. Might never see these until after the album.
  • Options
    JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    The 10c is at fault here as well as PJ. We pay our dues to the 10c, not PJ. This has gotten pretty pathetic. Of course there are bigger issues in the world but it's sad when a band treats their fans like this especially for so long. In the meantime, they are able to release vinyl records for sale with no issues.

"...the communication has been absymal and its a shame(SHAM) really."
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    FR181798 said:
    We've been told that these are forthcoming? What more do you guys want/need to know?

Just joking, the communication has been absymal and its a shame really. The singles were the reason I joined the club and I always looked forward to them. But theyve been unpredictable in their delivery for almost as long as I remember. People expect more in the digital age. Subscriptions all automated etc so you would think that better communication would go hand in hand.

Another problem I see is that unless they release a live take from a show the headlines would be that PJ has released new music for the first time in 6 years and probably not what they want to be judged on. Might never see these until after the album.
    I'm with you. With this band's communication, "forthcoming" means jack shit. The album has been forthcoming for years. The singles have been forthcoming for years. Forthcoming is a word they use to shine us on. How great would it be if we could use "forthcoming" with parties we have outstanding obligations to. My car payment is "forthcoming". Sure that would go over well. I don't want to ever hear the band say forthcoming again. As soon as they say that I know they're bullshitting us as they have been for the past couple of years. 
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,765
    Image result for miserable gif
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,915
    We're past "forthcoming." We were told they were being "finalized."

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,106
    JimmyV said:
    When was that again? 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,915
    JimmyV said:
    When was that again? 
    The newsletter a few months ago. October, I believe. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    There's a big difference between their new album and the annual singles. Lets not forget about the missing DEEP magazines as well. We've already paid for the singles and DEEP.

We haven't paid for their new album. It can be as forthcoming as it needs to be. The singles and DEEP on the other hand should(have) be some priority.
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    When was that again? 
    The newsletter a few months ago. October, I believe. 
    It was September, so three months ago.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    3 months isn't that long ago but they did announce that MTV Unplugged would be available on vinyl in October(2 months ago) and it's already in the hands of many people.

In Tim's response to the Washington State Attorney General's Office, he said "because of the nature of creating vinyl records, there is not an exact date we can provide to the customers." Sorry, but I do not buy into this. Vinyl record sales are growing. If a multi-million dollar band can't find a company to make vinyl records in a timely manner or with an in hands date, they aren't trying very hard.

If Pearl Jam cared, it wouldn't be like this. If they felt bad about this current situation, they would address it head on. The 10c blames the band. Sorry, but the band didn't just forget that they were supposed to make these records. Whether they forgot or not, the 10c should be putting a lot of pressure on the band to get this finished especially since they decided to stop making the annual singles anyway.

Another thing that Tim said in that response shows at least how he feels about the situation, "I'd like to apologize to those subscribers who have expressed frustration in the delay." That's a slap in the face. I would like to officially apologize to Tim and the rest of the 10c for expressing frustration that they aren't doing the right thing. Sorry, not sorry.
    Post edited by JB16057 on
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    JB16057 said:
    There's a big difference between their new album and the annual singles. Lets not forget about the missing DEEP magazines as well. We've already paid for the singles and DEEP.

We haven't paid for their new album. It can be as forthcoming as it needs to be. The singles and DEEP on the other hand should(have) be some priority.
    Agreed. However, they already have our $$$ for the 2 Deeps and 2 Singles. So that takes away their urgency (although as you noted, it shouldn't). Their main focus is on extracting more $$$ from us via merch, shows and at some forthcoming point, new music.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,711
    This morning I got one of those slips in my post office box telling me I had a package to pick up.  For about 5 seconds I got excited thinking... "Could it be?"

Nah, just some junk mail to big for my p.o. box.  What was I thinking?!

Some day, many years from now, on that great list of unsolved mysteries, the assassination of JFK will still be up toward the top of the laist and the question as to who is responsible for the annual singles not being released will be several thousand notches lower.

And we'll still be waiting.  :lol: 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    JB16057 said:

In Tim's response to the Washington State Attorney General's Office, he said "because of the nature of creating vinyl records, there is not an exact date we can provide to the customers." Sorry, but I do not buy into this. Vinyl record sales are growing. If a multi-million dollar band can't find a company to make vinyl records in a timely manner or with an in hands date, they aren't trying very hard. 
    There is approximately a 4-6 month wait to get a record made at a vinyl plant.  that’s what Tim is referring to.  There are currently four plants in America making vinyl records, so it’s not a question of Pearl Jam being able to go in at any time and physically get a record created.  They wait in line like every other band.
    Target Center - Jun 30, 1998
    Allstate Arena - Oct 09, 2000
    Xcel Energy Center - Jun 16, 2003
    United Center - Jun 18, 2003
    Fort William Garden - Sep 09, 2005
    Xcel Energy Center - Jun 27, 2006
    United Center - Aug 23, 2009
    Xcel Energy Center - Oct 19, 2014
    Xcel Energy Center - August 31, 2023
    Xcel Energy Center - September 2, 2023
  • Options
    stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,358
    edited December 2019
    brianlux said:
    This morning I got one of those slips in my post office box telling me I had a package to pick up.  For about 5 seconds I got excited thinking... "Could it be?"

Nah, just some junk mail to big for my p.o. box.  What was I thinking?!

Some day, many years from now, on that great list of unsolved mysteries, the assassination of JFK will still be up toward the top of the laist and the question as to who is responsible for the annual singles not being released will be several thousand notches lower.

And we'll still be waiting.  :lol: 
    Maybe Keith Morrison can solve the mystery of the missing annual singles.  ;)
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,765
    JB16057 said:

There is approximately a 4-6 month wait to get a record made at a vinyl plant.  that’s what Tim is referring to.  There are currently four plants in America making vinyl records, so it’s not a question of Pearl Jam being able to go in at any time and physically get a record created.  They wait in line like every other band.
    there are way more than 4, where are you getting that number from?

https://vinyl-pressing-plants.com/all-vinyl-pressing-plants-list/countries/United-States-of-America/
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,106
    JB16057 said:

4-6 month wait huh? Look at how long these have been overdue. This is not a factor.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    JB16057 said:

Lol.

Bands plan releases. Pearl Jam is a band. 
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    JB16057 said:
    I filed a complaint with the Washington State Attorney General office. 
    OK so it's been a few years since I've wallowed into Pit but I see not only hasn't it changed, it's gone full infantile. This is hilariously pathetic. Well done sir and/or madam. 
  • Options
    JB16057 said:

Lol.

Bands plan releases. Pearl Jam is a band. 
    They plan around a 4-6 month wait for vinyl, yes.  Like every other band.  

The fan club singles getting “finalized” unfortunately doesn’t mean they’re immediately shipping.  Could just mean everything’s getting ready to go to the plant, which means summer 2020 if it’s up to six months.
  • Options
    JB16057 said:

4-6 month wait huh? Look at how long these have been overdue. This is not a factor.
    It’s a small factor once everything is finalized.  You still have to plan around it when it comes to vinyl. 
     I think most people would have been fine with releasing the singles digitally and then TC or someone saying “Hey, the 45s are in production and we’ll let you know when they’ll be ready to ship.”  They may still do that before the year is up.  Who knows?
  • Options
    PB11041 said:
    JB16057 said:

there are way more than 4, where are you getting that number from?

https://vinyl-pressing-plants.com/all-vinyl-pressing-plants-list/countries/United-States-of-America/
    I should have been more specific, I apologize.  There are four for lack of a better term “major” plants in the country, United being the biggest and one of the better options for a band like Pearl Jam.
This discussion has been closed.