Options

Hey how about those 2 missing Ten Club singles!

Comments

• Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,773
    PB11041 said:
    Find me a studio version of Open Road (song played at Phoenix 1995, there is likely something in that vault).
    will have to google that one. never heard of it. 
    https://youtu.be/mNw1SJwY010?t=6139
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,836
    cool, thanks!
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    Is this the latest a fanclub single has ever been. I mean we really are waiting on 2016 and it will be 2020 in just over a month. I know they said that it was a typo but to me the only thing that made 2017 single the 2016 is the fact it went to 2016 members. Wish someone would show a little courage and admit the fanclub singles and Deep have got a bit f***ed up in the past few years and exactly what is going to happen with all our money.
  • Options
    FR181798 said:
    Is this the latest a fanclub single has ever been. I mean we really are waiting on 2016 and it will be 2020 in just over a month. I know they said that it was a typo but to me the only thing that made 2017 single the 2016 is the fact it went to 2016 members. Wish someone would show a little courage and admit the fanclub singles and Deep have got a bit f***ed up in the past few years and exactly what is going to happen with all our money.
    they don't give a shit. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    55 MA Posts: 157
    I thought the club posted that the Analog fan club membership owed items were about to be or were at least getting ready to be mailed and they wanted people to make sure thy submitted any address changes to them  back in Sept. or Oct.?  Has anyone gotten anything yet?  Did I dream that?  I am sad to say this but I won’t be renewing as Analog anymore.
    You really should be able to expect more for $40 a year (or at least what it says you are paying to get) then what has been received the last few years.  I wish the band and direct band management still ran and was more involved with the fan club.  This corp. version of Ten club feels empty and lacks the heart this club had before it got farmed out to a company thats business is running as many cookie cutter type fan clubs for as many bands as possible instead of dedicated to one band and it’s fans alone.  
    Still love Pearl Jam and always will but wish I still felt the same way about it’s fan club, fan experience. 
     Looking forward to hopefully getting Analog membership items in the mail before Christmas 2019. 
    Sorry if I sound like a whiney bitch.
    Just feeling disappointed and mostly sad about the whole thing at this point. 
    I am ready for the backlash now. 
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    5 said:
    I thought the club posted that the Analog fan club membership owed items were about to be or were at least getting ready to be mailed and they wanted people to make sure thy submitted any address changes to them  back in Sept. or Oct.?  Has anyone gotten anything yet?  Did I dream that?  I am sad to say this but I won’t be renewing as Analog anymore.
    You really should be able to expect more for $40 a year (or at least what it says you are paying to get) then what has been received the last few years.  I wish the band and direct band management still ran and was more involved with the fan club.  This corp. version of Ten club feels empty and lacks the heart this club had before it got farmed out to a company thats business is running as many cookie cutter type fan clubs for as many bands as possible instead of dedicated to one band and it’s fans alone.  
    Still love Pearl Jam and always will but wish I still felt the same way about it’s fan club, fan experience. 
     Looking forward to hopefully getting Analog membership items in the mail before Christmas 2019. 
    Sorry if I sound like a whiney bitch.
    Just feeling disappointed and mostly sad about the whole thing at this point. 
    I am ready for the backlash now. 
    backlash.
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,451
    PB11041 said:
    Find me a studio version of Open Road (song played at Phoenix 1995, there is likely something in that vault).
    will have to google that one. never heard of it. 
    https://youtu.be/YGtqInStkFE
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,759
    Just have one of the vinyls be 2 new Neil Young covers

And the other one be 2 KISS covers from the 80s

EVERYONE WOULD BE HAPPY
    Only if they cover The Replacements covering Kiss.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux said:
    Just have one of the vinyls be 2 new Neil Young covers

And the other one be 2 KISS covers from the 80s

EVERYONE WOULD BE HAPPY
    Only if they cover The Replacements covering Kiss.
    and he'd have to change the lyrics to "rock n roll all night, and part of every day". 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    EnzedEnzed NZ Posts: 480
    Since it's basically holiday season 2019 I'm hoping against all reason something will be announced BECAUSE PEARL JAM HOLIDAY SINGLES = HOLIDAYS.
    Auckland 1 1995
    Auckland 1998
    EV (Neil Finn and Friends, April 2, 2001)
    Auckland 2009
    Auckland 2014
  • Options
    Enzed said:
    Since it's basically holiday season 2019 I'm hoping against all reason something will be announced BECAUSE PEARL JAM HOLIDAY SINGLES = HOLIDAYS.
    you haven't received yours yet?
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    If these havent shipped by now, we wont receive them this year around the world. Utterly f****** ridiculous. 
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419
    Enzed said:
    FWIW it hasn't been a "holiday" single for years, just an "annual" single.  And hell, they can't even get that right. :i_dunno:
  • Options
    I am pretty sure the holiday single is really the band's way of laughing at us year after year.  
  • Options
    I think they should cover this one for the holiday single.  Call it the "High Contrast Single":

With a B-side cover of:

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,700
    Enzed said:
    FWIW it hasn't been a "holiday" single for years, just an "annual" single.  And hell, they can't even get that right. :i_dunno:
    Yeah I laugh when people call it the Christmas Single or Holiday Single.  
  • Options
    E.K said:
    Enzed said:
    Here in the U.S., July 4th IS a holiday.  :wink:  

• Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,700
    brianlux said:
    E.K said:
    Enzed said:
    brianlux said:
    E.K said:
    Enzed said:
    Well in Australia a "holiday" is when you go on a vacation.  
  • Options
    E.K said:
    brianlux said:
    E.K said:
    Enzed said:
    brianlux said:
    E.K said:
    Enzed said:
    Well in Australia a "holiday" is when you go on a vacation.  
    I'll make sure the next time I take a vacation I'll be expecting that holiday single in my mail box when I get home.

• Options
    They should have mailed out the unplugged vinyl to us as a sorry for not fulfilling their obligations. 
  • Options
    Right, and they should have given us night 1 and 2 of PJ20 and Wrigley 2013.

With all due respect, they won’t even address it in the news letter. 
  • Options
    Here's the problem:  Nobody wants to pay for it.  The band members are probably bickering about it too.  The whole situation is silly.  These guys had a good thing going.  Now it seems to be mostly over.  Oh well.  It happens almost every time.    
  • Options
    Didn't think it was possible for this topic to go far flung from reality, alas...

• Options
    If they can press a unplugged record, why can’t they fulfill the holiday record that we already paid for from 3 years ago? Slap a few songs from Wrigley 2013 and a cover of Ed Sherman’s shape of you and call it a fuckin day. I think we have been patient enough. 
  • Options
    Image result for dumb and dumber gif

• Options
    If they can press a unplugged record, why can’t they fulfill the holiday record that we already paid for from 3 years ago? Slap a few songs from Wrigley 2013 and a cover of Ed Sherman’s shape of you and call it a fuckin day. I think we have been patient enough. 

The first four songs from Benaroya Hall would be the ultimate tease!
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    vaggar99 said:
    Here's the problem:  Nobody wants to pay for it.  The band members are probably bickering about it too.  The whole situation is silly.  These guys had a good thing going.  Now it seems to be mostly over.  Oh well.  It happens almost every time.    
    I'm guessing the band member have little or no input or interest in what goes on with the fan club, so I also doubt they are bickering over the whatever it's called single-- I could be wrong, but I doubt it.  And 10C is probably just flat out tired of hearing about it.   If so, this will become one of those "long winding road" threads or one that will eventually just fade away (probably the former.)

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,126
    brianlux said:
    vaggar99 said:
    I'm guessing the band member have little or no input or interest in what goes on with the fan club, so I also doubt they are bickering over the whatever it's called single-- I could be wrong, but I doubt it.  And 10C is probably just flat out tired of hearing about it.   If so, this will become one of those "long winding road" threads or one that will eventually just fade away (probably the former.)
    I’m guessing if the band actually gave 1 collective fuck it would have been done a long time ago.  It’s pretty embarrassing for them really.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    brianlux said:
    vaggar99 said:
    i'm definitely speculating.  but this should EASY.  This band releases vinyl like it's 1975.  but a quality two song single for your most loyal fans?  gimme break.  they obviously think we are shit.
    Post edited by vaggar99 on
  • Options
    JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    edited November 2019
    I'm not going to post anymore in this thread, and since I'll not renew my membership (in middle december), maybe these three words will be my last on these forums. Enjoy them, they describe both the band (regarding this specific issue of the singles) and some of the paying members here who are apparently more annoyed by this legit thread (that can only be read if you click on it, anyway) than the behavior of the band:
    1)Childish 2)and 3)ridiculous.
    Post edited by Jammalambo on
This discussion has been closed.