Options

Hey how about those 2 missing Ten Club singles!

Comments

• Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    jeffbr said:
    JimmyV said:
    Or people don't care because its just an (estimated) $30, and given what most of us spend on the band, its nbd.  Also 10c has never not made things right. But keep telling us how we're being taken advantage of.
    I'm not arguing with you all about anything else, just commenting on the bolded part: that is simply not true. 
    Big bold and not true.
    that's the first one that came to mind
    And that is why I like threads like this. It at least keeps the issue current. If there were no threads about the missing singles, the missing singles would go the way of the big, bold and free. They would simply disappear and not be talked about by 10c or the band. They obviously need their feet held to the fire since they have demonstrated little interest in fulfilling their obligations. If they could make us forget about these singles, they would.
    Big Bold and Free was not something owed to anyone, or something members paid for. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    jeffbr said:
    JimmyV said:
    Or people don't care because its just an (estimated) $30, and given what most of us spend on the band, its nbd.  Also 10c has never not made things right. But keep telling us how we're being taken advantage of.
    I'm not arguing with you all about anything else, just commenting on the bolded part: that is simply not true. 
    Big bold and not true.
    And that is why I like threads like this. It at least keeps the issue current. If there were no threads about the missing singles, the missing singles would go the way of the big, bold and free. They would simply disappear and not be talked about by 10c or the band. They obviously need their feet held to the fire since they have demonstrated little interest in fulfilling their obligations. If they could make us forget about these singles, they would.
    Big Bold and Free was not something owed to anyone, or something members paid for. 
    no, but it was a commitment made, commitment not kept:

August 1, 2005

A Love Letter to the fans:

It’s all love. And we just wanted to you to know … We love you because you love Pearl Jam. We love you because you participate in our Ten Club fun. We love you because of your enthusiasm and support for both Pearl Jam and the Ten Club. We love you because of your passion and dedication to music. It’s all love.

Like any other loving relationship, you must acknowledge that we are not perfect. We recognize we have some faults. Sometimes we send out newsletters too late, or the holiday single doesn’t come out during the holidays. Or we can only offer limited amount of tickets or merchandise, which leaves some of you without and extremely frustrated. Or sometimes our forums will go down, leaving you without your link to other fan club members. Or sometimes our web-store will not function properly for you and you are not able to purchase the items you are interested in … we want you to know we feel your pain. Every healthy relationship is a little push and pull, ebb and flow, up and down, so it’s nothing personal.

Pearl Jam and the Ten Club have been through many changes in the past year. The band has left their record label of 14 years and ventured into unstable but exciting territory of doing many things on their own. The Ten Club is a small operation and has taken on a lot of these endeavors, and we are learning many things along the way - your input is extremely helpful. During this transitional time, just know we are trying to make things better for you, to offer you more opportunities and include you more into the world of Pearl Jam.

That being said, we have high hopes that you will like us a whole lot more when all is said and done. We are planning to do something for our members early next year, to follow the release of the new record … something big, bold, beautiful, and free! So hang tight and enjoy the ride with us, continue to provide us with your input, and continue to spread the PJ love.

Did we mention that we love you? It’s all love.

Always,

~Ten Club Staff
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    jeffbr said:
    JimmyV said:
    Big bold and not true.
    no, but it was a commitment made, commitment not kept:

August 1, 2005

A Love Letter to the fans:

It’s all love. And we just wanted to you to know … We love you because you love Pearl Jam. We love you because you participate in our Ten Club fun. We love you because of your enthusiasm and support for both Pearl Jam and the Ten Club. We love you because of your passion and dedication to music. It’s all love.

Like any other loving relationship, you must acknowledge that we are not perfect. We recognize we have some faults. Sometimes we send out newsletters too late, or the holiday single doesn’t come out during the holidays. Or we can only offer limited amount of tickets or merchandise, which leaves some of you without and extremely frustrated. Or sometimes our forums will go down, leaving you without your link to other fan club members. Or sometimes our web-store will not function properly for you and you are not able to purchase the items you are interested in … we want you to know we feel your pain. Every healthy relationship is a little push and pull, ebb and flow, up and down, so it’s nothing personal.

Pearl Jam and the Ten Club have been through many changes in the past year. The band has left their record label of 14 years and ventured into unstable but exciting territory of doing many things on their own. The Ten Club is a small operation and has taken on a lot of these endeavors, and we are learning many things along the way - your input is extremely helpful. During this transitional time, just know we are trying to make things better for you, to offer you more opportunities and include you more into the world of Pearl Jam.

That being said, we have high hopes that you will like us a whole lot more when all is said and done. We are planning to do something for our members early next year, to follow the release of the new record … something big, bold, beautiful, and free! So hang tight and enjoy the ride with us, continue to provide us with your input, and continue to spread the PJ love.

Did we mention that we love you? It’s all love.

Always,

~Ten Club Staff
    That is not a commitment. 
  • Options
    weird, if someone says they are planning to do something for me because they sometimes suck at our relationship, I take that as a commitment to the change. but ok. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    jeffbr said:
    JimmyV said:
    Big bold and not true.
    No, but it was something they "promised". I understand there is a difference here, but the point is, this organization would just as soon forget about these singles and move on like they did with Big, Bold & Free. For whatever reason, they couldn't deliver Big, Bold and Free. For whatever reason, they're having a hell of a time delivering long overdue singles. I applaud these threads where they are being held accountable. I'm convinced that without the heat and the reminders, we'd never see them.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,933
     :| 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    jeffbr said:
    jeffbr said:
    JimmyV said:
    Big bold and not true.
    No, but it was something they "promised". I understand there is a difference here, but the point is, this organization would just as soon forget about these singles and move on like they did with Big, Bold & Free. For whatever reason, they couldn't deliver Big, Bold and Free. For whatever reason, they're having a hell of a time delivering long overdue singles. I applaud these threads where they are being held accountable. I'm convinced that without the heat and the reminders, we'd never see them.
    i agree. and I'm also getting tired of the "then cancel your membership". well, actually, I am, but it's not over this. it's just irritating that people aren't allowed to question something that is owed to them. 

no one is lying awake at night about this. 
    no one's life is being ruined about this. 
    but we paid for it, it's owed, and we'd like it followed through on. simple as that. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    weird, if someone says they are planning to do something for me because they sometimes suck at our relationship, I take that as a commitment to the change. but ok. 
    "planning" to do something and "are" doing something are very different. Plans fall through all the time. 
  • Options
    "planning" to do something and "are" doing something are very different. Plans fall through all the time. 
    again, this is setting the bar really really low for the club/band. to send out a letter of apology to the club saying they can expect something as an apology and to not only not follow through, but try to erase it from memory, is really weak. 

I for one think they should be held to a higher standard than that. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    jeffbr said:
    jeffbr said:
    JimmyV said:
    Big bold and not true.
    It was not promised. It was something they were going to try and do, and for whatever reason, it fell though. The biggest mistake they made was saying they were working on something free that was not finalized and everyone assuming that it was owed to them.  plans fall through.

The singles are paid for and owed to the people that bought them. That is a big difference. 
  • Options
    jeffbr said:
    jeffbr said:
    JimmyV said:
    Big bold and not true.
    i agree. and I'm also getting tired of the "then cancel your membership". well, actually, I am, but it's not over this. it's just irritating that people aren't allowed to question something that is owed to them. 

no one is lying awake at night about this. 
    no one's life is being ruined about this. 
    but we paid for it, it's owed, and we'd like it followed through on. simple as that. 
    This. I haven't lost a minute of sleep over the missing singles. I haven't even really been active in this thread. But I do like to chime in from time to time to voice my dissatisfaction regarding the club's inaction. Sorry to hear you're not renewing. I went from Analog to Digital last month since Analog no longer has anything to offer for me.
  • Options
    jeffbr said:
    jeffbr said:
    JimmyV said:
    Big bold and not true.
    It was not promised. It was something they were going to try and do, and for whatever reason, it fell though. The biggest mistake they made was saying they were working on something free that was not finalized and everyone assuming that it was owed to them.  plans fall through.

The singles are paid for and owed to the people that bought them. That is a big difference. 
    this part of the discussion was started because of the claim that "the club always makes it right". I disagreed, and jeff used this as an example. no one said they were owed anything, but to claim the club always does right by us is false. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    jeffbr said:
    jeffbr said:
    JimmyV said:
    Big bold and not true.

The singles are paid for and owed to the people that bought them. That is a big difference
    I hope so. I hope the band/club thinks so, too. Clearly to them it isn't as big a difference as you make it. Otherwise they would have had a plan to fulfill their obligations in a timely manner instead of months of radio silence, a quick nothingburger "forthcoming" style update, and radio silence again. 
  • Options
    again, this is setting the bar really really low for the club/band. to send out a letter of apology to the club saying they can expect something as an apology and to not only not follow through, but try to erase it from memory, is really weak. 

And again, I am just pointing out a bad example you are using. The Big Bold and Free was not something promised, or owed, or paid for. They made the mistake of saying they were working on something before it was finalized and the plans fell through. You did not pay for it, it did not come out of your membership. But you act like it did.

The singles are paid for and owed. 
  • Options

And again, I am just pointing out a bad example you are using. The Big Bold and Free was not something promised, or owed, or paid for. They made the mistake of saying they were working on something before it was finalized and the plans fell through. You did not pay for it, it did not come out of your membership. But you act like it did.

i wasn't using it as an example of something paid for or owed. I wasn't even a member of this club when it happened. it was an rebut of the claim "the club always makes things right", which in this case, they didn't. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

i wasn't using it as an example of something paid for or owed. I wasn't even a member of this club when it happened. it was an rebut of the claim "the club always makes things right", which in this case, they didn't. 
    So you are saying the band owes us a free concert that they in the past 100% promised and guaranteed the entire ten club that never happened. 
  • Options

So you are saying the band owes us a free concert that they in the past 100% promised and guaranteed the entire ten club that never happened. 
    nope. not one bit. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,081
    It's mid-December, so that means just about everyone carrying on about how poorly they're treated chose to give the Ten Club more money in 2019
  • Options

nope. not one bit. 
    Then what was this Big Bold and Free thing that was 100% promised, guaranteed, set in stone was going to happen, that they failed to deliver on?
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    Im disappointed this particular thread was only started back in July. Imagine if we had just continued the first thread about this. Think how many views and comments it would have racked up. 10c are now faced with having to have 2 singles and 2 copies of deep completed before they can send them out as that is what the latest update seem to suggest was happening. Even then in 2 weeks time they will still be behind. Starting to think they might end up admitting defeat on some of this and will just issue an extra bootleg code.
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,773
    Image result for tired person gif
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    pjl44 said:
    It's mid-December, so that means just about everyone carrying on about how poorly they're treated chose to give the Ten Club more money in 2019
    so it's all or nothing? if you have a complaint, immediately cancel your membership or shut the fuck up?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,773
    Image result for dead horse gif
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options

nope. not one bit. 
    Then what was this Big Bold and Free thing that was 100% promised, guaranteed, set in stone was going to happen, that they failed to deliver on?
    i'm not sure where this communication breakdown is happening, but I'll try to break this down:

original claim:
    the club always does right by us fans

counter claim:
    no, they don't

the evidence presented by claimant:

none

the evidence presented by counter-claimant:

letter from fan club, dated Aug 1/05, stating specifically that they don't always do right by us (fans) (which, in itself, simply by that admission is enough to stop this argument), but it goes on to state, that, to make things right, we are planning something "big bold beautiful and free" 

this plan never came to fruition. 

now, let's give a parallel hypothetical:

my wife and I aren't getting along. I've been treating her poorly the last little while. I write her a letter saying "I'm planning something big for you to try to smooth things over between us". 

I don't do anything. maybe my plan fell through. maybe I just didn't care. no idea the reason.  And when she asks about it, I claim I never said anything of the sort and shut down any and all reference to it for a decade. 

Do I "owe" her anything? Nope. But do I "always do right by her"?

also nope. 

conclusion: original claim was false. 

decision goes to counter claimant. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    pjl44 said:
    so it's all or nothing? if you have a complaint, immediately cancel your membership or shut the fuck up?
    The complaining has worked so far. Every week a new batch of people gets to send them another $20-40 and complain on the message board for another year.
  • Options
    I imagine then, if you've ever had to return an item to a store for whatever reason, or lodge a complaint with customer service, that you NEVER EVER shop there again. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    It's like ordering from the same Chinese restaurant for a few years and they forget the egg rolls twice. Yes, they owe you the egg rolls but how much angst do you want to devote to getting square?
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,924
    PB11041 said:
    Image result for dead horse gif
    Bahahaha!!!
  • Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,375
    pjl44 said:
    It's like ordering from the same Chinese restaurant for a few years and they forget the egg rolls twice. Yes, they owe you the egg rolls but how much angst do you want to devote to getting square?
    But they keep SELLING eggrolls to me without giving me my free one. Thats what pisses me off personally. You wanna not do the single fine, but then dont do records for record store day and crap til you fulfill your paid for obligation.

• Options
    I imagine then, if you've ever had to return an item to a store for whatever reason, or lodge a complaint with customer service, that you NEVER EVER shop there again. 
    If I was upset enough to lodge complaints for 3 years, of course I wouldn't shop there again
This discussion has been closed.