Options

Hey how about those 2 missing Ten Club singles!

Comments

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,017
    Let’s assume everyone involved with Pearl Jam has no clue that vinyl has been popular again for 10+ years and that it can take 4-6 months to make some copies.
    Fine, I’ll give them that. How do we explain away the other 20 months late then?
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,759
    edited December 2019
    brianlux said:
    This morning I got one of those slips in my post office box telling me I had a package to pick up.  For about 5 seconds I got excited thinking... "Could it be?"

Nah, just some junk mail to big for my p.o. box.  What was I thinking?!

Some day, many years from now, on that great list of unsolved mysteries, the assassination of JFK will still be up toward the top of the laist and the question as to who is responsible for the annual singles not being released will be several thousand notches lower.

And we'll still be waiting.  :lol: 
    Maybe Keith Morrison can solve the mystery of the missing annual singles.  ;)
    LOL,  Yeah, it would make an interesting story on Date Line NBC!

Or we could ask Keith Morris but I'm pretty sure his reaction would be:

Post edited by brianlux on
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,984
    mace1229 said:
    Let’s assume everyone involved with Pearl Jam has no clue that vinyl has been popular again for 10+ years and that it can take 4-6 months to make some copies.
    Fine, I’ll give them that. How do we explain away the other 20 months late then?
    they want to hang with their families and do other shit after busting their ass because they aren't young anymore.

• Options
    stratmadstratmad Posts: 208
    mace1229 said:
    they want to hang with their families and do other shit after busting their ass because they aren't young anymore.

Yeah. But no. They have every right to hang with family and do their personal things. They have no obligation to make more music unless they want to. They are obliged to deliver on 2 Christmas singles and 2 mags. Or provide a refund. 

I’ve said it before, given where we are
    just put our 2 live versions of any song from the vault - Even Flow, Corduroy, Alive anything, and be done with it and everyone can go home.  

That they are professional musicians and just need to knock out 2 songs (maybe 4 for some b sides) and these can be covers, I just can’t see how much time that will eat into their hanging with family schedules. I might be wrong here but it’s a stretch to think otherwise. 

If there is truly no desire to do any of the above then provide a refund. I’m personally indifferent at this stage whether I get 2 more singles given they seem indifferent about it. So let sleeping dogs lie, I’ll take a refund and we’ll call it even. 
  • Options
    I don't disagree. I'm sure they will deliver what they are supposed to at some point, but we can't force them to. We are powerless.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:

Who said they don’t have a right to any of that?
    Are you implying that they can’t do that unless they take 2+ years to come up with a prepaid single?
    The singles to me aren’t that big of a deal anymore. Don’t really think about it until I see this thread. But I can’t see how anyone can defend not giving the 2017 single before 2020 arrives. Can’t we agree that is a little ridiculius?
  • Options
    I'm saying that stuff takes priority and they couldn't be bothered to record. 

• Options
    Also, I don't think anyone is defending them NOT sending the singles, I think the "defenders" are more like "It happens when it happens. I got other shit going on in life, not worth my time or outrage". 
  • Options
    I'm saying that stuff takes priority and they couldn't be bothered to record. 

I think that last bit is 100% accurate. But they don’t have 9-5 jobs 5 days a week like 99% of the country. It could have gotten done. There’s lots of things I don’t want to be bothered with, but since I’m not a rock star I get it done anyway.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,547
    They could have gotten the singles done.   They had other things they would rather do.  That is all it is.  Maybe it was charitable work, or traveling, or painting, or whatever.   They could have got it done though.  Lightning Bolt was in 2013.  They don’t have anything to do with production while on tour and they have played 80% of these songs over 100 times.  They have all the time in the world to do what they want to do.   I am certain that they see their families much more than the average joe.   
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    edited December 2019
    They've discontinued the singles as of this year, fair enough. It seems for whatever reason they can no longer keep up with issuing one a year. Its a shame but probably for the best. Im not quite sure how they are going to manage to catch up and issue the Deep magazine every year. Are the magazines days numbered as well? I wonder if they will rethink the membership, the last update seem to hint at that. I guess we would have heard by now if things were changing next year.

Could well be that when the final 2 singles arrive next year, they are the best yet and we'll all be wishing they still did them.
    Post edited by FR181798 on
  • Options
    Vinyl yes. Deep, digging a hole. So Christmas single AIC... down in a hole, digging a hole same thing. Hole is deep.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,547
    It is ironic though that a band has struggled this much to put out four songs that can even be covers in a 2 year period.  It isn't like we are asking them to design a bridge.  They aren't architects.  They are a band and struggle at the number two thing  bands do behind playing music (i.e., writing music).   I don't think anyone is losing sleep over this but it is ironic.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,089
    edited December 2019
    It is ironic though that a band has struggled this much to put out four songs that can even be covers in a 2 year period.  It isn't like we are asking them to design a bridge.  They aren't architects.  They are a band and struggle at the number two thing  bands do behind playing music (i.e., writing music).   I don't think anyone is losing sleep over this but it is ironic.
    They had what, 15-20 soundchecks in 2018 where they could have recorded a quick cover or two. If someone in the band during this time was unfortunate enough to catch some exotic type of recordingstudio phobia.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Well let them play " ironic" Alanis shouldake her money. Funny with Ed singing
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,773
    Or perhaps at this point, given all the rancor, they are trying to send out the single with a bang.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,126
    I would gladly give up my rights to these singles for 2020 US tour news with dates and location and album drop date today .  Won't cost them a thing ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    I'm wondering why they kept DEEP as part of the membership. In 2 weeks, they will be 3 copies of DEEP and 2 singles that they haven't delivered in the years that these items were paid for. It doesn't seem like any of them care at all but they'll keep taking our money.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,934
    JB16057 said:
    I'm wondering why they kept DEEP as part of the membership. In 2 weeks, they will be 3 copies of DEEP and 2 singles that they haven't delivered in the years that these items were paid for. It doesn't seem like any of them care at all but they'll keep taking our money.
    I'm betting Deep will go the way of the single on 1/1/2020. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    EnzedEnzed NZ Posts: 480
    I would gladly give up my rights to these singles for 2020 US tour news with dates and location and album drop date today .  Won't cost them a thing ;)
    I wouldn't, because I could give a monkies about ANOTHER US TOUR

a monkies, I tells ya!
    Auckland 1 1995
    Auckland 1998
    EV (Neil Finn and Friends, April 2, 2001)
    Auckland 2009
    Auckland 2014
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    JB16057 said:
    I'm betting Deep will go the way of the single on 1/1/2020. 
    yep. Surprised it didn't get cancelled before the single.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Im surprised there are 2 tiers to membership. They should have just gone back to one last year. 

But, seeing as they are keeping 2, I still think they should move the annual vault release to be a membership thing. Analog gets you the vinyl, Digital gets you a DL. 
    Post edited by Tim Simmons on
  • Options
    JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    Im surprised there are 2 tiers to membership. They should have just gone back to one last year. 

But, seeing as they are keeping 2, I still think they should move the annual vault release to be a membership thing. Analog gets you the vinyl, Digital gets you a DL. 
    Nah. That makes too much sense for TC.
  • Options
    edited December 2019

I would be up for that however it seems unlikely they will do that because they sell the Vault releases to anyone now, you dont need to be a member any more. Dont think they would give up the revenue. Depends how this year goes but I can see myself dropping the digital membership if there a no obvious perks. I bought my Vienna tickets easily enough from the venue and got great seats.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,934

• Options
    FR181798 said:

I would be up for that however it seems unlikely they will do that because they sell the Vault releases to anyone now, you dont need to be a member any more. Dont think they would give up the revenue. Depends how this year goes but I can see myself dropping the digital membership if there a no obvious perks. I bought my Vienna tickets easily enough from the venue and got great seats.
    Not saying they aren't making money on the vault, but I'd venture to guess that 9 out of 10 people who buy the vault releases are 10C members anyhow.   They are not selling tons of these on vinyl as is.  You can look at your order number for vault and the next order you do and semi deduce the quantity is not huge.  If there are more than 5K of each vault vinyl in circulation I think I would be surprised.  

• Options
    PB11041 said:
    FR181798 said:

Not saying they aren't making money on the vault, but I'd venture to guess that 9 out of 10 people who buy the vault releases are 10C members anyhow.   They are not selling tons of these on vinyl as is.  You can look at your order number for vault and the next order you do and semi deduce the quantity is not huge.  If there are more than 5K of each vault vinyl in circulation I think I would be surprised.  
    I agree,  I also think the relatively low demand probably prompted them to just open it up to everyone. Im in the group of fans where I think its PJ, its vinyl, whats not to love. I get that they are expensive and not for everyone. I imagine its the same people buying them all.
  • Options
    The fact is they took money from us and havent delivered promised goods. They are scamming people out of cash with no real updates. Just give everyone a $80 refund and let’s move on. It’s piss poor on their end. 
  • Options
    The fact is they took money from us and havent delivered promised goods. They are scamming people out of cash with no real updates. Just give everyone a $80 refund and let’s move on. It’s piss poor on their end. 
    I'm good, I'll wait.  Thanks though. 

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,934
    Waiting to press vinyl is a sorry excuse. If these exist - as "finalized" implies they do - then release the mp3's. Ship the vinyl whenever it's ready but get the music out there. The music is the important part.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
This discussion has been closed.