Options

Hey how about those 2 missing Ten Club singles!

Comments

• Options
    tup30tup30 Posts: 115
    I was anxious to get the two singles also then 10c offered the mystery boxes, which was way more fun than a vinyl 45. (To me)

I'm content!
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,934
    edited December 2019
    bummer these aren’t out yet, but they’ll get to us at some point. 
    Post edited by Tim Simmons on
  • Options
    I'm not going to post anymore in this thread, and since I'll not renew my membership (in middle december), maybe these three words will be my last on these forums. Enjoy them, they describe both the band (regarding this specific issue of the singles) and some of the paying members here who are apparently more annoyed by this legit thread (that can only be read if you click on it, anyway) than the behavior of the band:
    1)Childish 2)and 3)ridiculous.
    Everyone loves a dramatic last post. 
  • Options
    disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    I heard that we all get the forthcoming album in lieu of the singles. It's a 2 disc set, so if you were only a member one of the two years, then only half an album for you! Source: the voices in my head.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    yeah with the unplugged album out, this "vinyl pressing is backed up" excuse is BS. we all knew it. now it's confirmed. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    yeah with the unplugged album out, this "vinyl pressing is backed up" excuse is BS. we all knew it. now it's confirmed. 
    Ten Club never said this though, right? It was just a random speculation?
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,919
    If these do exist, just release the mp3's. If the vinyl takes longer, so be it. The music is what matters.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    pjl44 said:
    Correct. They just said in production. So that could be any point in the production cycle (including just picking songs).

Unplugged's existence in the world has no bearing on where they are in the production cycle for the 7"s. Unplugged could have been decided earlier this year. Having the audio already done for the DVD made it an easier production. It was probably just Hi Res files sent to whoever cut it. Isn't the album art the same as the DVd packaging? They probably only started production on them in September or October to make the RSD deadline. 

• Options
    I believe they last said the singles were "being finalized."

• Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    They should have mailed out the unplugged vinyl to us as a sorry for not fulfilling their obligations. 

That would be awesome!
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options

• Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,210
    Saw the twitter post. 11 more releases of holiday singles. Hope a few are new. 
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    Correct. They just said in production. So that could be any point in the production cycle (including just picking songs).

Unplugged's existence in the world has no bearing on where they are in the production cycle for the 7"s. Unplugged could have been decided earlier this year. Having the audio already done for the DVD made it an easier production. It was probably just Hi Res files sent to whoever cut it. Isn't the album art the same as the DVd packaging? They probably only started production on them in September or October to make the RSD deadline. 

I could have sworn I saw something from one of the 10C folks that it had something to do with the backlog of vinyl production. If I'm wrong, my bad. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    pjl44 said:

I could have sworn I saw something from one of the 10C folks that it had something to do with the backlog of vinyl production. If I'm wrong, my bad. 
    I think that was a rumor regarding the album being delayed.

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Wasn't it Bierman who addressed it in a radio interview or something?  He said the singles were "in production" or "in the production phase" or something like that.
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    JimmyV said:
    Smooth. I'm not sure if the band is trolling us, or themselves. Or maybe they completely lack any self-awareness. Either way, goofy optics, PJ. How about prioritizing a couple of long-overdue obligations before you get cute with references to holiday singles. Who comes up with these ideas?
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    From the September newsletter, which followed on the heels of Bierman's response to the Washington State attorney General:

"The 2017 & 2018 Ten Club Singles and Deep Magazines are being finalized.

If you had an Analog membership in 2017 and/or 2018, you will be contacted via email with a reminder to update your mailing address once production finishes.

Note: If you had an Analog membership for both years, the 2017 & 2018 Ten Club Singles and Deep Magazines will be shipped together in one package.

All 2017 and 2018 Members will be notified when the applicable digital copies of these are made available for you to download from your account."

• Options
    jeffbr said:
    JimmyV said:
    Smooth. I'm not sure if the band is trolling us, or themselves. Or maybe they completely lack any self-awareness. Either way, goofy optics, PJ. How about prioritizing a couple of long-overdue obligations before you get cute with references to holiday singles. Who comes up with these ideas?
    i highly doubt they take optics towards their fan club into consideration when constructing social media posts for the masses. i mean, why would they? we are but a minuscule portion of their fanbase. twitter is for global exposure.  
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I kind of figured the 12 days of this would lead to them dropping the new ones.

• Options
    bonebone Posts: 498
    Would love to find a way to purchase a pure digital lossless version of these to go with my vinyl rips.
    1993-08-12 - Edmonton, AB, Convention Centre
    2003-05-30 - Vancouver, BC, General Motors Place
    2005-09-04 - Calgary, AB, Pengrowth Saddledome
    2005-09-05 - Edmonton, AB, Rexall Place
    2009-08-08 - Calgary, AB, Canada Olympic Park
    2009-09-21 - Seattle, WA, Key Arena
    2009-09-22 - Seattle, WA, Key Arena
    2011-09-23 - Edmonton, AB, Rexall Place
    2013-11-30 - Spokane, WA, Spokane Arena
  • Options
    bonebone Posts: 498
    JimmyV said:
    It could still happen.  For general public, if they are showing this a Christmas/Holiday theme, they only have what.. 5 actual holiday songs (Let Me Sleep, Don't Believe in Christmas, Someday at Christmas, Santa God and Jingle Bells).  Where the rest of the Holiday single tracks weren't Holiday songs, and I doubt they'd be using any of the ramblings.
    1993-08-12 - Edmonton, AB, Convention Centre
    2003-05-30 - Vancouver, BC, General Motors Place
    2005-09-04 - Calgary, AB, Pengrowth Saddledome
    2005-09-05 - Edmonton, AB, Rexall Place
    2009-08-08 - Calgary, AB, Canada Olympic Park
    2009-09-21 - Seattle, WA, Key Arena
    2009-09-22 - Seattle, WA, Key Arena
    2011-09-23 - Edmonton, AB, Rexall Place
    2013-11-30 - Spokane, WA, Spokane Arena
  • Options
    bone said:
    JimmyV said:
    It could still happen.  For general public, if they are showing this a Christmas/Holiday theme, they only have what.. 5 actual holiday songs (Let Me Sleep, Don't Believe in Christmas, Someday at Christmas, Santa God and Jingle Bells).  Where the rest of the Holiday single tracks weren't Holiday songs, and I doubt they'd be using any of the ramblings.
    LMAO. especially Ramblings III
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    I see.  If we all just listen to the 12 days singles on Itunes, Spotify etc. then maybe there will be some cash to pay for annual single.  I've got Someday at Christmas on endless repeat.  Going to bed.  sorry dog.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,836
    bone said:
    Would love to find a way to purchase a pure digital lossless version of these to go with my vinyl rips.
    Too bad there isn't an "official" CD / 12" Vinyl Box Set that includes every single Pearl Jam Christmas Fan Club release. Maybe someday they will make one of these sets before an unofficial bootleg company out of Europe does.
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    bone said:
    Too bad there isn't an "official" CD / 12" Vinyl Box Set that includes every single Pearl Jam Christmas Fan Club release. Maybe someday they will make one of these sets before an unofficial bootleg company out of Europe does.
    Something like this:

Obviously they are all not 7 inch though etc.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,006
    edited December 2019
    Is there a plan for something replacing it? Or did the removal of it end up only as the fanclub getting a bigger $$ margin on that membership tier?

Like when Apotekarnes, the maker of the Swedish Christmas beverage Julmust (which Coca-Cola hates that they can't compete with) made their bottles 1,4 litres instead of 1,5 litres but kept the price.

As in, members paying the same for less?

@Santos L. Halper  @Rubysdad @Kelly Curtis @eddievedder

(I'm hoping for collectible figures)

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    demetrios said:
    bone said:
    Something like this:

But a two part larger box should be able to work.  Probably a pain in the ass to accommodate two sizes in one box, but it could be done.  Box would be sized for the larger annual vinyl, have a separation in the middle, the front have removal spacers (boxes) to make it the correct size for the 45.  A lil handle on top like my TMR 45 case would be nice, too.  Ain't gonna happen, but it never hurts to dream. :smiley: 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    deadendp said:
    demetrios said:
    bone said:
    Something like this:

But a two part larger box should be able to work.  Probably a pain in the ass to accommodate two sizes in one box, but it could be done.  Box would be sized for the larger annual vinyl, have a separation in the middle, the front have removal spacers (boxes) to make it the correct size for the 45.  A lil handle on top like my TMR 45 case would be nice, too.  Ain't gonna happen, but it never hurts to dream. :smiley: 
    Have it be 12 inch size and release the last one on 12 inch with like 4 songs on it. 
  • Options
    Is there a plan for something replacing it? Or did the removal of it end up only as the fanclub getting a bigger $$ margin on that membership tier?

Like when Apotekarnes, the maker of the Swedish Christmas beverage Julmust (which Coca-Cola hates that they can't compete with) made their bottles 1,4 litres instead of 1,5 litres but kept the price.

As in, members paying the same for less?

(I'm hoping for collectible figures)

Bump @Santos L. Halper  @Rubysdad @Kelly Curtis 
This discussion has been closed.