Options

Hey how about those 2 missing Ten Club singles!

Comments

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,065
    Joostone said:
    Ok, my renewal is coming up. And there is still NO news about the membership details. What will I get for my membership next year? They still owe me 2 singles, and what about thjs year?? I was a paying member, and it was announced that there will be no vinyl for 2019. Ok, but what did I got? I've paid 50$ for 2019 and got nothing....
    Wow, I mean WOW
    https://help.pearljam.com/hc/en-us/articles/205285910-Membership-Levels?mobile_site=true
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    tdawe said:
    deadendp said:

The National Cherry Tree album will probably be in my hands by the end of the year. It's an LP. It will be issued the very same year as the membership. It also came with a slew of other goodies. 

Yes, I realize that their fanbase is not that of PJ, but I have to say that I believe that the band is definitely just as busy. 
    The National put out an album (their second in about a year and a half) and toured US and Europe all year.
    As well as a slew of side projects. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,223
    Joostone said:
    Ok, my renewal is coming up. And there is still NO news about the membership details. What will I get for my membership next year? They still owe me 2 singles, and what about thjs year?? I was a paying member, and it was announced that there will be no vinyl for 2019. Ok, but what did I got? I've paid 50$ for 2019 and got nothing....
    Wow, I mean WOW
    Did you not get the T-Shirt?
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,001
    edited November 2019
    mace1229 said:
    HughFreakingDillon said:

there's zero reason to expect anything different. 
    Have some faith in people.
    What doesn’t having faith in people have to do with getting something for free? I have faith they will eventually deliver on the missing 2 singles. But why would anyone expect they are getting something more?
    Reminds me when the vinyl box set came out. It was one of the few times I was actually on when a new drop came and it was an easy pass for me. I was fact shocked when it sold out so fast. Then we saw how everyone was expecting autographed copies or something ridiculous, and complained when they arrived exactly as described and people were just selling them to get their money back at that point.

You don't seem to have read the chain of comments - who have said anything about getting anything for free?

You are alo misrepresenting the truth in your post regarding the box set.

People were expecting the boxset to have vinyls made for that boxset - and not be a hotchpotch of various versions from a dusty shelf - with wear damage (like 3-4 of the albums had in my box, having to have replacement covers sent - never have had to ask for that before) - with some being in plastic wrappings and some not etc.

Just compare it to other box sets released through history and try to understand what people could expect - instead of creating this false narrative to shit on other fans.

That box set was cheap (but way expensive) shit.
    That was exactly what was said in this chain, that if they would replace the single with something else in fact you were t he one who said you think something is in the works to surprise us as we speak. So I did read it, not sure why you were so over-dramatic about this.  No way they will. Analog is now paying $40 for basically the same thing, except a “free” shirt that is garbage and a “free” digital download.

i remember the box set differently. Not trying to create a false narrative, just adding my comment. A little dramatic isn’t it?
    I just remember whole arguments being it’s so expensive, there must be something else to it or why would it cost so much. People were saying Boom was going to hand deliver it for that price (they were joking obviously, but stating there must be something else to it.) You could literally buy all the albums at the time for $200-$250 new on Amazon and other places, why is this set $500? Didn’t it come out when the last reissues were announced? And other reissues were still for sale in the shop, it seemed obvious to me that it was just going to contain the same vinyl available everywhere else with a nice little letter saying you bought it from the 10c that I guess made it  worth the extra $250.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,538
    deadendp said:
    tdawe said:
    deadendp said:

The National Cherry Tree album will probably be in my hands by the end of the year. It's an LP. It will be issued the very same year as the membership. It also came with a slew of other goodies. 

Yes, I realize that their fanbase is not that of PJ, but I have to say that I believe that the band is definitely just as busy. 
    The National put out an album (their second in about a year and a half) and toured US and Europe all year.
    As well as a slew of side projects. 
    The National are still hungry and wanting to create. They are like McCready.  McCready is ready to go and if PJ isn’t going he is out there doing his own thing.  
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    HughFreakingDillon said:

What doesn’t having faith in people have to do with getting something for free? I have faith they will eventually deliver on the missing 2 singles. But why would anyone expect they are getting something more?
    Reminds me when the vinyl box set came out. It was one of the few times I was actually on when a new drop came and it was an easy pass for me. I was fact shocked when it sold out so fast. Then we saw how everyone was expecting autographed copies or something ridiculous, and complained when they arrived exactly as described and people were just selling them to get their money back at that point.

You don't seem to have read the chain of comments - who have said anything about getting anything for free?

People were expecting the boxset to have vinyls made for that boxset - and not be a hotchpotch of various versions from a dusty shelf - with wear damage (like 3-4 of the albums had in my box, having to have replacement covers sent - never have had to ask for that before) - with some being in plastic wrappings and some not etc.

Just compare it to other box sets released through history and try to understand what people could expect - instead of creating this false narrative to shit on other fans.

That was exactly what was said in this chain, that if they would replace the single with something else in fact you were t he one who said you think something is in the works to surprise us as we speak. So I did read it, not sure why you were so over-dramatic about this.  No way they will. Analog is now paying $40 for basically the same thing, except a “free” shirt that is garbage and a “free” digital download.

i remember the box set differently. Not trying to create a false narrative, just adding my comment. A little dramatic isn’t it?
    I just remember whole arguments being it’s so expensive, there must be something else to it or why would it cost so much. People were saying Boom was going to hand deliver it for that price (they were joking obviously, but stating there must be something else to it.) You could literally buy all the albums at the time for $200-$250 new on Amazon and other places, why is this set $500? Didn’t it come out when the last reissues were announced? And other reissues were still for sale in the shop, it seemed obvious to me that it was just going to contain the same vinyl available everywhere else with a nice little letter saying you bought it from the 10c that I guess made it  worth the extra $250.
    I'm paying X our of 50 for a single, replacing that X is not getting anything free. It's replacing X.

Just being dramatic because I've been watching the impeachment hearings. 

Regarding the box set -- I stand by my reporting.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options

I'm paying X our of 50 for a single, replacing that X is not getting anything free. It's replacing X.

I look at it a little differently.  I am paying X out of $50 for a single delivered within a reasonable period of time.  Let's say that reasonable period is a year.  Now that the single has not been delivered for a few years, there should be some form of compensation for that.  See time value of money in any introductory economics or finance class.
  • Options

I look at it a little differently.  I am paying X out of $50 for a single delivered within a reasonable period of time.  Let's say that reasonable period is a year.  Now that the single has not been delivered for a few years, there should be some form of compensation for that.  See time value of money in any introductory economics or finance class.
    But the discussion had in this instance was with what (if anything) would replace the single going forward, or if tenclub will just take that extra margin - as in, it resulting in a price hike of the membership.

It was removed from the discussion of the singled from earlier years being late.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options

But the discussion had in this instance was with what (if anything) would replace the single going forward, or if tenclub will just take that extra margin - as in, it resulting in a price hike of the membership.

It was removed from the discussion of the singled from earlier years being late.
    My bad.  I did not read the whole discussion.  This whole thing with the singles has been a bit of a sore spot for me.
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    Joostone said:
    Wow, I mean WOW
    If you paid for analog in 2019 then you should have got the 2019 t shirt, they didnt cancel Deep so you should also get a physical copy of that but they havent delivered Deep 2017 or 2018 yet so could be a while on that. Apart from that there is no difference in the membership levels. Unless you desperately want these 2 items each year you should move to Digital I guess. 
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    HughFreakingDillon said:

Spiritual Chaos is correct about the reason behind people being disgruntled about the box . For the boxset it seemed liked somewhere along the line they decided to use old stock instead of filling it with nice new copies. By having a certificate people speculated they might do something colored or signed so people took a chance, I dont think anyone would have complained if it was just pristine copies of the records but it wasnt even that by all accounts.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,831
    what box set are you people talking about?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    No, people automatically assumed that they were getting something special with the box sets. I am the very last person to defend 10c for reasons that I will keep out of this thread, but if I were to dig through old threads, I would see the many that had an unfounded belief that something special was coming. My opinion at the time was that they were fools to pay $500 for 10 records. After they were delivered, that's when people complained because they weren't colored and autographed, blah, blah. People got exactly as what was described, and I ordered an empty box which came exactly as described. Said empty boxes were selling for hundreds at the time. I should've ordered ten.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,711
    brianlux said:
    Here's a question ponder for about 60 seconds (because there really are more important things going on in the world):  How aware of this business of not coming through with the singles are the members of Pearl Jam?  Do these guys have any clue about all this or are they too well insulated from the fan club?  (Or uninterested in it.  The only time I've heard Ed mention the fan club is on one of the show videos I've seen and he sounded rather embarrassed to say the words "fan club". )   I wonder if they know jack about all this.

*Ding*  Timer just went off. 
    If the band is unaware then the 10C is not doing their job to inform their employers of  poor business practice leading to disgruntled fans.  My guess is the band is aware and just doesn't really give a fuck.  It all does seem a bit weird though.  PJ has always treated the fans well IMO so it seems strange that they wouldn't care about getting something cool out to paying members on vinyl.  Not to mention the bands love for vinyl.  Maybe they have something cool planned for these last two 45s?!?  Unfortunately, I highly doubt it as they just dont seem that interested in PJ right now.  Which brings the question, if they dont have something a little extra planned for these last two why cant they just slap a couple of unreleased live songs or demos together and be done with it?  

Again, the whole situation seems very strange to me.  It has been way too long to not get these out.
    Abe, your summation of the matter is one I find more possible that I care to think... but it certainly does seem possible.  Yes, very strange indeed!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    what box set are you people talking about?

2017 Pearl Jam Complete Vinyl Box Set

"I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,913
    Holy cow...that was two years ago? Time is flying by. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,711
    Reading through this thread, I thinks it's obvious that this is about more than just a couple of singles.  That neither the band nor 10 C have addressed this issue (at least not to my knowledge), kind of says something about either a) how important the fan club is to both and/or b) what the thoughts and feeling of its members mean to both.  Apparently, not much.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,058
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    Here's a question ponder for about 60 seconds (because there really are more important things going on in the world):  How aware of this business of not coming through with the singles are the members of Pearl Jam?  Do these guys have any clue about all this or are they too well insulated from the fan club?  (Or uninterested in it.  The only time I've heard Ed mention the fan club is on one of the show videos I've seen and he sounded rather embarrassed to say the words "fan club". )   I wonder if they know jack about all this.

*Ding*  Timer just went off. 
    If the band is unaware then the 10C is not doing their job to inform their employers of  poor business practice leading to disgruntled fans.  My guess is the band is aware and just doesn't really give a fuck.  It all does seem a bit weird though.  PJ has always treated the fans well IMO so it seems strange that they wouldn't care about getting something cool out to paying members on vinyl.  Not to mention the bands love for vinyl.  Maybe they have something cool planned for these last two 45s?!?  Unfortunately, I highly doubt it as they just dont seem that interested in PJ right now.  Which brings the question, if they dont have something a little extra planned for these last two why cant they just slap a couple of unreleased live songs or demos together and be done with it?  

Again, the whole situation seems very strange to me.  It has been way too long to not get these out.
    Abe, your summation of the matter is one I find more possible that I care to think... but it certainly does seem possible.  Yes, very strange indeed!
    I’m hoping the way too long delay is because they are gonna make these last two special (although I highly doubt it at this point). PJ has a way of making things right and I sure hope it’s the case here. Again, if not just slap a couple unreleased live tracks together and be done with the speculation. 
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,765
    Hopefully we can get this to 30 pages before the day ends.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    PB11041 said:
    Hopefully we can get this to 30 pages before the day ends.
    okay, let's do it.
    Here's a little help with my post here.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,223
    brianlux said:
    Reading through this thread, I thinks it's obvious that this is about more than just a couple of singles.  That neither the band nor 10 C have addressed this issue (at least not to my knowledge), kind of says something about either a) how important the fan club is to both and/or b) what the thoughts and feeling of its members mean to both.  Apparently, not much.
    It has been addressed, we are told the 2 singles are coming, but its been nearly a year since we were told that.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    brianlux said:
    It has been addressed, we are told the 2 singles are coming, but its been nearly a year since we were told that.
    Or Sept 10th, 2019.

• Options
    PB11041 said:
    Poncier said:
    brianlux said:
    Or Sept 10th, 2019.
    Fewer believe their nonsense anymore, due to promises left unfulfilled. Communications from the band and 10c can no longer be trusted. Forthcoming albums, and singles being produced all sound good, but it is mostly BS when they've mentioned them. They say things to attempt to appease us, not because the things they say have any validity. Brian is correct. Neither the band nor 10c really care about the members. We are a source of revenue, but beyond that, they don't have time to be bothered by us.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    jeffbr said:
    PB11041 said:
    Poncier said:
    brianlux said:
    Or Sept 10th, 2019.
    Fewer believe their nonsense anymore, due to promises left unfulfilled. Communications from the band and 10c can no longer be trusted. Forthcoming albums, and singles being produced all sound good, but it is mostly BS when they've mentioned them. They say things to attempt to appease us, not because the things they say have any validity. Brian is correct. Neither the band nor 10c really care about the members. We are a source of revenue, but beyond that, they don't have time to be bothered by us.
    I honestly don't five give a flying fuck. I am just in this thread for the pure entertainment value.
    Post edited by PB11041 on

• Options
    PB11041 said:
    jeffbr said:
    PB11041 said:
    Poncier said:
    brianlux said:
    Or Sept 10th, 2019.
    I honestly don't five a flying fuck. I am just in this thread for the pure entertainment value.
    I care less about the singles as time goes on, and more about what the band and the club's lack of commitment and follow-through means. Mostly I'm with you, though. The entertainment value in these threads is great. I downgraded to digital this year, don't care about electronic Deep, don't care about tickets (I'd rather take my chances with Ticketmaster if/when they play near me), and really only pay the $20 to post here and for access to any potentially member exclusive vinyl. 
  • Options
    No, people automatically assumed that they were getting something special with the box sets. I am the very last person to defend 10c for reasons that I will keep out of this thread, but if I were to dig through old threads, I would see the many that had an unfounded belief that something special was coming. My opinion at the time was that they were fools to pay $500 for 10 records. After they were delivered, that's when people complained because they weren't colored and autographed, blah, blah. People got exactly as what was described, and I ordered an empty box which came exactly as described. Said empty boxes were selling for hundreds at the time. I should've ordered ten.
    This is only partly true, there wouldnt have been as many disgruntled buyers if they got what you come to expect from a boxset. Instead buyers got short changed by the sets made up of random combinations of old and new stock.
  • Options
    Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,493
    The only reason they mentioned anything about the singles is because someone threatened to sue.  Otherwise I don't think we would've heard anything.  My membership is due up in early Dec and I'm going to drop down to digital since the t-shirts really don't impress me and there is nothing else worth $40.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,977
    edited November 2019

EXPECTED:

WHAT WE GOT:

And your "500 dollars for 10 albums" thing actually is an argument for people not being fools expecting something that wasn't some outlet box of random goods with shelf wear.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options
    God. It would be so great if the b side to both of the final singles was the band reading comments from the various threads on this topic. 

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,874
    PB11041 said:
    God. It would be so great if the b side to both of the final singles was the band reading comments from the various threads on this topic. 
    Ramblings continued lol.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
This discussion has been closed.