Options

Hey how about those 2 missing Ten Club singles!

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    their lack of update on that front tells me it's same price for less stuff. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I seriously doubt that. Would be baffling.

(Swedens biggest supermarket chain) ICA has put down the foot and is removing (coffee maker) Gevalia's coffee after they reduced the size of the packages.

But the coffeegiant isn't alone - other coffee makers have done the same thing

– It's a simple trick. It's hard to explain in any other way than them trying to sneak in a prize hike, says the Secretary-General at organization "Swedish consumers", Jan Bertoft.

https://www.expressen.se/dinapengar/kaffepaketet-krympte-det-ar-ett-simpelt-trick/

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    It's mid-November. If there are any changes to membership perks announced, it would probably be for 2020 at this point 
  • Options

(Swedens biggest supermarket chain) ICA has put down the foot and is removing (coffee maker) Gevalia's coffee after they reduced the size of the packages.

– It's a simple trick. It's hard to explain in any other way than them trying to sneak in a prize hike, says the Secretary-General at organization "Swedish consumers", Jan Bertoft.

https://www.expressen.se/dinapengar/kaffepaketet-krympte-det-ar-ett-simpelt-trick/

why would you doubt that? the change happened how long ago? the potential for new members joining all the time? the potential for people not renewing all the time based on this?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    edited November 2019
    Definitely just a case of less stuff for the same money. Theyve had almost a year to come up with something. Reminds me I need to update my membership.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,006
    edited November 2019

why would you doubt that? the change happened how long ago? the potential for new members joining all the time? the potential for people not renewing all the time based on this?
    Because it would be greedy (unless a reason is given or has been given, but I have missed, that contradicts that) in a way I would not expect from something the band Pearl Jam is being a part of or stand behind.

Blame it on me being naive, but I would put my money on something being figured out as we speak. But communicated poorly as is not unheard of, of this club (which also baffles me in this digital era of immediate and easy communication).
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067

Because it would be greedy (unless a reason is given or has been given, but I have missed, that contradicts that) in a way I would not expect from something the band Pearl Jam is being a part of or stand behind.

Blame it on me being naive, but I would put my money on something being figured out as we speak. But communicated poorly as is not unheard of, of this club (which also baffles me in this digital era of immediate and easy communication).
    I think it would be worse if they added a benefit late in the year. People downgraded or canceled based on the benefits offered.

To that point, yeah it stinks you get less for the same cost. But it's effectively the same move when they keep benefits the same and raise the price. All you can do is look at the offerings, evaluate that against the price, and decide whether it's enough value to buy.
  • Options
    FR181798 said:
    Definitely just a case of less stuff for the same money. Theyve had almost a year to come up with something. Reminds me I need to update my membership.

Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• Options

that's not the smart bet. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited November 2019

Haven't lost a bet since I bet and lost one of my Dinorider figures to Johan in 4th grade.

Not about to break my streak.
  • Options
    EnzedEnzed NZ Posts: 479

Haven't lost a bet since I bet and lost one of my Dinorider figures to Johan in 4th grade.

Not about to break my streak.
    Ooh, that must have hurt.
    Auckland 1 1995
    Auckland 1998
    EV (Neil Finn and Friends, April 2, 2001)
    Auckland 2009
    Auckland 2014
  • Options

They have had a couple of years to do the 2017 single and havent, seems like a longshot that members this year are going to get something extra before the end of the year. It would have to be sent out this year otherwise they would behind before they even announce it.
  • Options
    FR181798 said:

They have had a couple of years to do the 2017 single and havent, seems like a longshot that members this year are going to get something extra before the end of the year. It would have to be sent out this year otherwise they would behind before they even announce it.
    exactly. the club isn't doing anything extra moving forward. there's zero reason to expect anything different. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    HughFreakingDillon said:

there's zero reason to expect anything different. 
    Have some faith in people.
  • Options
    JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    HughFreakingDillon said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqK1FrO3BdM

• Options
    NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,301
    HughFreakingDillon said:

Critical thinking skills tell me there is no reason to. Why would they add some great feature FOR FREE to something that they have been promoting and selling without that great feature for 11 months? 
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillon said:

i have plenty of faith in people in general. experience tells me to not have faith in this club, or people that have burned me time and again. you are acting like an abused spouse here. "the 10C will change! they are good deep down, they are sorry!". 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434

The National Cherry Tree album will probably be in my hands by the end of the year. It's an LP. It will be issued the very same year as the membership. It also came with a slew of other goodies. 

Yes, I realize that their fanbase is not that of PJ, but I have to say that I believe that the band is definitely just as busy. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 West Seattle Posts: 890
    Never going to see the light of day, how hard is it to pull something from the archives as this point.....
  • Options
    Never going to see the light of day, how hard is it to pull something from the archives as this point.....
    it's not, but doing that potentially takes away revenue by way of an official release that people will have to pay for. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,719
    Here's a question ponder for about 60 seconds (because there really are more important things going on in the world):  How aware of this business of not coming through with the singles are the members of Pearl Jam?  Do these guys have any clue about all this or are they too well insulated from the fan club?  (Or uninterested in it.  The only time I've heard Ed mention the fan club is on one of the show videos I've seen and he sounded rather embarrassed to say the words "fan club". )   I wonder if they know jack about all this.

*Ding*  Timer just went off. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    edited November 2019
    HughFreakingDillon said:

A lot of people have paid their hard earned money to 10c in good faith that they would get the fanclub singles. These have failed to materialize. Also lets be honest, we will probaby get the 2017 fanclub single in 2020, its got to the point of being utterly ridiculous.
    Post edited by FR181798 on
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,060
    brianlux said:
    Here's a question ponder for about 60 seconds (because there really are more important things going on in the world):  How aware of this business of not coming through with the singles are the members of Pearl Jam?  Do these guys have any clue about all this or are they too well insulated from the fan club?  (Or uninterested in it.  The only time I've heard Ed mention the fan club is on one of the show videos I've seen and he sounded rather embarrassed to say the words "fan club". )   I wonder if they know jack about all this.

*Ding*  Timer just went off. 
    If the band is unaware then the 10C is not doing their job to inform their employers of  poor business practice leading to disgruntled fans.  My guess is the band is aware and just doesn't really give a fuck.  It all does seem a bit weird though.  PJ has always treated the fans well IMO so it seems strange that they wouldn't care about getting something cool out to paying members on vinyl.  Not to mention the bands love for vinyl.  Maybe they have something cool planned for these last two 45s?!?  Unfortunately, I highly doubt it as they just dont seem that interested in PJ right now.  Which brings the question, if they dont have something a little extra planned for these last two why cant they just slap a couple of unreleased live songs or demos together and be done with it?  

Again, the whole situation seems very strange to me.  It has been way too long to not get these out.
  • Options
    Its the sheer scale of the matter. How many analog members in 2017 & 2018. Must have given the 10c bank account a little bit of a boost.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,159
    FR181798 said:
    Its the sheer scale of the matter. How many analog members in 2017 & 2018. Must have given the 10c bank account a little bit of a boost.
    Hopefully they didn't spend it to cover operating costs in those years, and need to find an alternate money source to pay for the pressing :)

In all seriousness.  After the comment a few newsletters ago, I'm pretty sure they'll come out.   It does seem they got relegated to the backburner more and more every year (hence why they were discontinued).    I'm not happy about the delay, but I do figure they'll show up eventually.
  • Options
    Zod said:
    FR181798 said:
    Hopefully they didn't spend it to cover operating costs in those years, and need to find an alternate money source to pay for the pressing :)

In all seriousness.  After the comment a few newsletters ago, I'm pretty sure they'll come out.   It does seem they got relegated to the backburner more and more every year (hence why they were discontinued).    I'm not happy about the delay, but I do figure they'll show up eventually.
    Yeah I dont think there is any doubt that we will get them eventually. Its just the fact that we shouldnt just have to wait for them to eventually turn up.
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,008
    HughFreakingDillon said:

What doesn’t having faith in people have to do with getting something for free? I have faith they will eventually deliver on the missing 2 singles. But why would anyone expect they are getting something more?
    Reminds me when the vinyl box set came out. It was one of the few times I was actually on when a new drop came and it was an easy pass for me. I was fact shocked when it sold out so fast. Then we saw how everyone was expecting autographed copies or something ridiculous, and complained when they arrived exactly as described and people were just selling them to get their money back at that point.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    mace1229 said:
    HughFreakingDillon said:

What doesn’t having faith in people have to do with getting something for free? I have faith they will eventually deliver on the missing 2 singles. But why would anyone expect they are getting something more?
    Reminds me when the vinyl box set came out. It was one of the few times I was actually on when a new drop came and it was an easy pass for me. I was fact shocked when it sold out so fast. Then we saw how everyone was expecting autographed copies or something ridiculous, and complained when they arrived exactly as described and people were just selling them to get their money back at that point.

You don't seem to have read the chain of comments - who have said anything about getting anything for free?

You are alo misrepresenting the truth in your post regarding the box set.

People were expecting the boxset to have vinyls made for that boxset - and not be a hotchpotch of various versions from a dusty shelf - with wear damage (like 3-4 of the albums had in my box, having to have replacement covers sent - never have had to ask for that before) - with some being in plastic wrappings and some not etc.

Just compare it to other box sets released through history and try to understand what people could expect - instead of creating this false narrative to shit on other fans.

That box set was cheap (but way expensive) shit.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options
    JoostoneJoostone Posts: 230
    Ok, my renewal is coming up. And there is still NO news about the membership details. What will I get for my membership next year? They still owe me 2 singles, and what about thjs year?? I was a paying member, and it was announced that there will be no vinyl for 2019. Ok, but what did I got? I've paid 50$ for 2019 and got nothing....
    Wow, I mean WOW
    PJ: Pinkpop 2000, Sydney I/II/III 2003, Adelaide 2003, Arnhem 2006, Antwerp 2006, Berlin 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Nijmegen 2007, Werchter 2007, Rotterdam 2009, Berlin 2009, Nijmegen 2010, Amsterdam I/II 2012, Amsterdam I/II 2014, Amsterdam I/II 2018, Pinkpop 2018, Werchter 2018, Pinkpop 2022, Budapest 2022, Krakow 2022, Amsterdam 2022.
    EV: Amsterdam II 2012, Amsterdam I/III 2017, Amsterdam I 2019
    Brad: Zoetermeer & Utrecht 2013
    Soundgarden: Pinkpop 2012, Amsterdam 2013, Utrecht 2014
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 1,999
    deadendp said:

The National Cherry Tree album will probably be in my hands by the end of the year. It's an LP. It will be issued the very same year as the membership. It also came with a slew of other goodies. 

Yes, I realize that their fanbase is not that of PJ, but I have to say that I believe that the band is definitely just as busy. 
    The National put out an album (their second in about a year and a half) and toured US and Europe all year.
This discussion has been closed.