Options

A safe place for anxiety sufferers to share.

Comments

• Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    I‘m no expert but that sounds ok?! Hang in there Rob, trust the doctor. And if you need to talk something off your chest you can still call those hotlines 
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,798
    Without i woke at 4 a.m having been asleep and  maybe i woke once or twice moving around.  I have tennis  elbow bad so it wakes me.. when i woke today i felt like a zombie for an hour. But ok now.
    see what half of half does for you?
    how many hours per night is usual for you?

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,963
    I only took a quater of what  he said. So its a 25 pill . He said 2 a day. I took half a pill.  So toady i dont want to go back to sleep. Im ok. So i may take half after dinner . I know as soon as i take one in the day time im asleep. So cant. Also cant drive to my garden . 
    So i may try that. Or take half a pill when times are very bad
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    JPPJ84 said:
    I‘m no expert but that sounds ok?! Hang in there Rob, trust the doctor. And if you need to talk something off your chest you can still call those hotlines 
    Thank you 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    Without i woke at 4 a.m having been asleep and  maybe i woke once or twice moving around.  I have tennis  elbow bad so it wakes me.. when i woke today i felt like a zombie for an hour. But ok now.
    see what half of half does for you?
    how many hours per night is usual for you?

Thanks mickey.  Normal for me is about 8hrs.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,798
    Is anyone in contact with njnancy outside of here?

pm'd her on Apr 20. no response and it had been a minute before that I last saw her here....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,919
    mickeyrat said:
    Is anyone in contact with njnancy outside of here?

pm'd her on Apr 20. no response and it had been a minute before that I last saw her here....
    Unfortunately no, I’m not.  I hope @njnancy is doing okay.  I know she was going through some shit a few months ago and said she needed a break.  She’s in my thoughts.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    I only took a quater of what  he said. So its a 25 pill . He said 2 a day. I took half a pill.  So toady i dont want to go back to sleep. Im ok. So i may take half after dinner . I know as soon as i take one in the day time im asleep. So cant. Also cant drive to my garden . 
    So i may try that. Or take half a pill when times are very bad
    Rob, I’m sure that you know this, and I apologise if I sound preachy, but in order for any medication to be effective you need to take it consistently, not just when time’s are bad.  Side effects may be uncomfortable, but should only last a short while.  It will never be effective at changing your health outcome if you pick when and where to use it.  I really want for you to be in a place where you don’t think you’re better off not being here.  (((Hugs)))
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    JPPJ84 said:
    Agreed. I always feel like a zombie the morning after I take a Xanax to sleep. I love that feeling compared to the anxiety that keeps me awake worrying. 

@lastexitlondon, maybe just keep taking the half at night at bed time until your body adjusts and your sleep returns to a normal schedule?

Just please stop believing you don't belong on this earth. You are here to garden and love your family and enjoy all the little things you can. You can do this!
  • Options
    Thanks all for this great  advice
     Im under the impression  these  and the valium are prn. So to be used as and when. These strong ones he said take for a few days and call him Tues.  I dont think they are a permanent  thing. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    I had some sad news that a friend of mine i played football with has lost his battle with cancer. A  Young man . This news came as i am in bed again ill.  This made me determined to push harder and wish i didnt waste my life in fear. I feel like i have no choice but i want better. 
    My friend ollie was the nicest kindest soul.
    A quiet man and young.  I feel embarrassed  to be me. 
    Love eachother .
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,509
    I had some sad news that a friend of mine i played football with has lost his battle with cancer. A  Young man . This news came as i am in bed again ill.  This made me determined to push harder and wish i didnt waste my life in fear. I feel like i have no choice but i want better. 
    Love eachother .
    Sorry for your loss R..keep fight please..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    Thanks  my friend. Life is so short. Its  too short and  its always the good that suffer i never understand  that 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658
    Love eachother .

So very sorry for your loss Rob. Thinking of you  your family and friends.
  • Options
    Thanks matt. How are you?
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Love eachother .
    My condolences on the loss of your friend Rob.  Perspective can be a real gift.  However, your  struggles are just as valid.  Always keep fighting. You’re worth it.
  • Options
    I was just thinking  how all you people from many countries pull for me and im so alone and lost. His death should wake  me up but im trying to use it all to pull me out. 
    Im failing and dont know what to do. 
    A delivery of free bark chippings is due at my garden allotment  this afternoon and i must find a way to get  up and out .
    Symptoms  haulting me but i must push
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    That’s all you can do Rob.  Push yourself one step at a time, one day at a time.  Take the small victories as they come, and don’t beat yourself up on the days that it’s just too much to get out of bed or get off the couch.  Your heart, your compassion and your love for your family and friends are an amazing thing to witness.  
  • Options
    Do you  really see that? Because  i speak from  my heart and to see that people can see me is amazing to think . I never feel like anyone  knows i am that way. Thank you so much . That last post got me. Because that IS me. I am that. I wonder why that hit my heart
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Do you  really see that? Because  i speak from  my heart and to see that people can see me is amazing to think . I never feel like anyone  knows i am that way. Thank you so much . That last post got me. Because that IS me. I am that. I wonder why that hit my heart
    Yes, I really see you Rob.  All of us here do.  (((Hugs)))
  • Options
    we went and it rained but she loved it in the  shed with a candle on.!
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options

brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    That, my friend, is some good stuff. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    I know  i am so very lucky. 
    I feel so guilty i spend all day with my daughter and miss my older kids so much. 
    I want to be strong and i want to not  be a coward. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    I feel so guilty i spend all day with my daughter and miss my older kids so much. 
    I wouldn't say you are a coward at all. Depression is debilitating. You are trying to get out there. Taking that cute sweetness Rosie with you. Rome was not built in a day and rebuilding mental health can't be done with the snap of your fingers. 

You are still sober. 

You have reached out to get help. 

You are getting out, if even to your garden, which is working toward an eventual goal and not an instantaneous one. 

You are getting there. Ben Folds would tell you, "Time takes time you know."
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    I feel like im losing more than i gain if you know what i mean. 
    Like 16 years of fighting and each week its worse. I mean the sober thing i was just talking about and im seriously no better off . Infact i would say worse. I dont get it.
    I even thought about having a smoke again but didnt. 
    I just cant see where this is leading  for the better. 
    Im not ungrateful at all for what i have, its just all work and hard  work at that for no reason. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Thanks matt. How are you?

Rob first and foremost with everything going on right now with you and simply asking how I am doing shows what an amazing human you are.

I am doing ok , I started therapy again and have had two doctors appointments ( everything was via facetime ) , so things are looking up but that said a long way to go.

I first need to clean the bases of myself off , my fears of Covid-19 , my coping skills need to be refined a bit.

Once this is over I need to move to a much deeper level of what this is all about , I have been in therapy for five years before but I learned a lot about my cognitive behavior but never really got to root problems , deep childhood trauma that I have blocked out for so long.

I have been looking at when this is all over doing mushroom therapy , at least here in the US some doctors will have you clear out a whole day , they give me a does of mushrooms and with my therapist along with two doctors they guide me thru my life and hopeful I find some peace when it is all over.

Until then just deep breaths , still getting out to get 3-10 miles a day depending on the weather. Seems to be helping.   

• Options

You are strong and not a coward , you would not be on here talking to everyone if you were a coward.

Love

Matt

• Options
    RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,011
    The smile on your face made me smile right back.
    I have great admiration for you. You keep putting one foot in front of the other. That takes guts.
    I don't post much here, but I do read the thread and felt compelled to let you know a perfect stranger feels great respect for you.
    ~Tami
  • Options
    Wow this is amazing to me. Im so grateful
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07