Options

A safe place for anxiety sufferers to share.

Comments

• Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Mine marriage was 25 years ...

I'm also amazed at the amount of people i've come across who ended up divorced after 20 + year marriages...

What I've learned from this is that we all change as we get older ... some for better, some for worse...it's learning how to roll with punches...

In my case, until I'm served divorce papers I try not to worry about it...

I can not change it at this point... 
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,935
    Mine was 20+ years also. We are friends now . Ive moved on new love and a baby at 42. Madness i know.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    i_lov_it said:
    Actually I had a little bit of a laugh just now...I was just thinking or imagining my most recent Ex doing what I did for her for the next year and a half???...yeah right :lol:
    What about you how old are you guys and how long was the relationship?
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,756
    i_lov_it said:
    mickeyrat said:
    i_lov_it said:
    This is a Good Thread to have...my Ex didn't even get me a Birthday Present...and to rub salt into the wound she spoke to another Guy behind my back about her Exam...
    but you speak about this all like she ISNT an ex?

perhaps I'm confused on the timeline here.....

She's my most recent Ex...so it's still fresh...I sat around waiting for her but yet she couldn't do the same...
    still unclear on this timeline. by recent, what do you mean? and when were the actions you describe in relation to "recent"...
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Mine was 20+ years also. We are friends now . Ive moved on new love and a baby at 42. Madness i know.
    That is very good that you have found the love of your life and started and family.

My situation is complicated, I'm 53, off work with a disability...just trying to get my rightful benefits owed to me so I can get to my pension in 2 years...fortunately I am frugal, have a very manageable mortgage and no debt other than my mortgage...which i don't mind...gotta live somewhere, rather pay the bank than a slumlord...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Today has been the most amazing start to a day ive had for years. Had a spot of luck and I recieved 2 wonerful t shirts for my daughter for free that fit perfectly.  A  R.A.K  from a wonderful fellow board member who even paid 23 dollars postage and wouldn't let me pay.  Thank you susan @SD48277 .
    Post edited by lastexitlondon on
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    Today has been the most amazing start to a day ive had for years. Had a spot of luck and I recieved 2 wonerful t shirts for my daughter for free that fit perfectly.  A  R.A.K  from a wonderful fellow board member who even paid 23 dollars postage and wouldn't let me pay.  Thank you susan @SD48277 .
    How awesome is that!?! :clap:
  • Options
    Its been good although i still have the symptoms. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826
    Its been good although i still have the symptoms. 
    Any thought, symptom, or worry gets magnified when we focus on it, and reduces in importance when we don’t. Maybe for today, just focus on the wonderful. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826
    And I would add that SD is indeed a wonderful person and an amazing friend. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    Yes true on all counts
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    And I would add that SD is indeed a wonderful person and an amazing friend. 
    I must second this.

lastexit, I'm very happy for you.  Revel in that sunshine :)
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    :blush: Thank you for the kind words.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    i_lov_it said:
    Actually I had a little bit of a laugh just now...I was just thinking or imagining my most recent Ex doing what I did for her for the next year and a half???...yeah right :lol:
    What about you how old are you guys and how long was the relationship?
    It was for nearly two years...
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    I mean this Guy who she was messaging while we were having romantic time together is from her class...it's also the same Guy as I mentioned before who she got a Birthday Present on the day of his Birthday but didn't get me one until a week after my Birthday and also this is the same Guy who she said straight out to me is 'important' to her for her Studies only a few weeks into her Course...like wtf???
    Post edited by i_lov_it on
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,831
    obviously she wasn't committed to your relationship. I will never understand how some people can start a new relationship before ending the first one. I mean, I get it in a sense,  you want to make sure New Relationship is worth it, but even if it isn't, just trying it out means Current Relationship ISN'T worth keeping. 

cut the person loose and let them have their dignity and sanity while you continue your search. It's not a fucking job where you interview while still working. 

I dated a girl for 5 years. Lived together for 2. she was fucking some guy the last month or two before we broke up. Were we already doomed? Yes, but that's no excuse. you don't sleep with someone while you are still sleeping with me. that's disgusting. 

it fucked me up for a long time. And I didn't even like her for a long time before we split. we didn't get along, but I thought we still had mutual respect and trust. turns out we didn't. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Basically reliant on weed each day . This is stupid. Im like a naughty child skulking around
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Basically reliant on weed each day . This is stupid. Im like a naughty child skulking around
    Is medicinal available in the UK?  If so, I strongly recommend going medicinal.  Anxiety is a condition that quality's ... the biggest surprise to me is how many drs.  in my area that gladly fill out the paperwork.  Another benefit to medical/legal is you'll know what strain you are getting, you just need to find a strain that will help you with your anxiety.

This is an excellent website...

look up what you help with, then clic on the link...it's tell what strains work the  condition that you are looking for help.

Marijuana Strains and Infused Products

https://www.leafly.com/start-exploring
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    It's all illegal here
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    The government has no business telling individuals what they can put into their own bodies...after-all alcohol is legal, but far worse for you...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Truth
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    edited April 2018
    obviously she wasn't committed to your relationship. I will never understand how some people can start a new relationship before ending the first one. I mean, I get it in a sense,  you want to make sure New Relationship is worth it, but even if it isn't, just trying it out means Current Relationship ISN'T worth keeping. 

cut the person loose and let them have their dignity and sanity while you continue your search. It's not a fucking job where you interview while still working. 

I dated a girl for 5 years. Lived together for 2. she was fucking some guy the last month or two before we broke up. Were we already doomed? Yes, but that's no excuse. you don't sleep with someone while you are still sleeping with me. that's disgusting. 

it fucked me up for a long time. And I didn't even like her for a long time before we split. we didn't get along, but I thought we still had mutual respect and trust. turns out we didn't. 

Yeah her not committed to the Relationship is a big understatement...especially now that I'm out of the relationship with her it's so obvious...
    Looking back at it now it was like I was a distant second or even third...
    The thing is I just can't believe I allowed myself to be treated that way...and I know PJ_Soul said don't be hard on yourself but that's easier said then done...

Also hearing your story HFD very well said and I am so sorry you had to go through with that...it's just such Bullshit what some People do...
    Well after what she did it's not hard to see why there isn't any trust there...

• Options
    edited April 2018

Hey HFD your words are so true...I mean why are you with me when you get a Guy from class a Birthday Present on the day of his Birthday but mine came a week later...the same guy who she says is 'important' to her and that she 'likes'...the same Guy she was messaging while we were trying to have romantic time together...the same Guy she was sharing her Lunch with...the same Guy she was talking to on the Phone about important stuff about her Exam instead of me...

Do you think I'm in denial???...am I ignoring the Red Flags???...

I can mention more on here about her...like drinking with Strange guys at a Pub to 5am and I know have no idea where She is not to mention I wasn't invited...I know right!!!

• Options
    What the fuck to do when all has failed. Im stuck with symptoms my dr won't see it. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    Vibes to all that are hurting right now. Hang in there, keep going.
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    Vibes to all that are hurting right now. Hang in there, keep going.
    Thank you. I will see you in poland if its the last thing i ever do. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Although i wake again today wishing i could end it all in a way that wouldn't hurt anyone. Im at a point ive not been where now i actually cannot function.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Although i wake again today wishing i could end it all in a way that wouldn't hurt anyone. Im at a point ive not been where now i actually cannot function.
    Just keep pushing through man...the fact that you did wake up and are managing to come on here and talk about your feelings is still a positive thing...so sending lots of Good Positive thoughts :)
  • Options
    Im sorry i always say the same thing and its waring . It runs people down. This is the only place i type words. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Im sorry i always say the same thing and its waring . It runs people down. This is the only place i type words. 
    don't be. 
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014