Options

A safe place for anxiety sufferers to share.

Comments

• Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,868
    Wtf is wrong with me. I ended up at dr suicidal yesterday 
     I did a mini mental test for dementia. Passed with 100%.
    Now the problem is even more compounded. I believe i have the start of it. But dr says nobody with dementia passes the test!. 
     Im losing everything. Even my beloved partner is so frustrated with me. Its all too much and i can only see death the only way out. Ive had valium but it lasts 1 hr before i come round . I can't understand how its NOT dementia. I know i said at the start of this thread not to talk symptoms. Sorry i won't do that anymore
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    If you put the necessary effort in, right.
    Yes. Exactly. You have to reeally want something, and be prepared to go through hell to come out the other side. It took me the longest time to realise that. I had nowhere else to go, so I finally "got with the programme", so to speak. That doesn't mean my life is a walk in the park either.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    If you put the effort in anxiety is easily controlled and can be beaten ... and believe it or not it can also be done pharmaceuticals...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Effort is not always enough. It implies that laziness is causing persistent anxiety.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    You can excersise all day keep healthy and eat well and still have anxiety. Many athletes or sports people have committed suicide. If you are lucky and something clicks for you that is great and a wonderful life changer. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Effort is not always enough. It implies that laziness is causing persistent anxiety.
    I see what you mean by taking it that way, but it's really not meant that way. the effort is extremely difficult when your hurdles are mental. but it can be done. have I done it yet? no, but I'm confident I could if I put the effort in. I don't. I should. But I don't. it's fucking hard. it's so easy to just wish it away and bury yourself in something else in the moment (comfort food, alcohol, drugs, etc) to pass the time, but BING, there it is, anxiety like a fucking alarm clock waiting for you in the morning. 

if I just went for a walk every day, it might help. 
    if I just did some yoga every day, it might help. 
    if I just ate better every day, it might help. 
    if I just didn't go to the LC and drank water instead, it might help. 

but I don't, because being miserable is "easier". 

mental therapy is no different than physical. some people with injuries go to physio, put in the work, the hard fucking painful work, and in a few months or even years they benefit from it. 

you can't "will" away mental anguish any more than physical anguish. but you CAN will yourself to do something about it. 

easier said than done? yep. cause I have yet to fucking do it too. and i've been suffering for years. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    Well the difference is i walk every single day.
     I go to the laundrette every couple days. I ride my bike a couple times a week. I cook a meal every night. So also ive been to every single councillor ive been sent to every session. Group therapy. Dr surgery . Tried all meds.  The is no lack of effort in the slightest here.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    I simply am not in the catagory of doing nothing or just laying still. Im on the move all day everyday o have an 8 month old baby that takes up lots of time. Its just not true in my case ti say if i only did this or that
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    I simply am not in the catagory of doing nothing or just laying still. Im on the move all day everyday o have an 8 month old baby that takes up lots of time. Its just not true in my case ti say if i only did this or that
    meltdown and I were talking about anxiety. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    So am i
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Personally I just don't see many people discussing what they do to try and help their anxiety.  I get how people feel it can not be controlled, but it can be controlled.  Going to family dr.  to help with anxiety is like taking your car into a lube shop for transmission overhaul..some of the best people to help with anxiety is a master level social worker...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Personally I just don't see many people discussing what they do to try and help their anxiety.  I get how people feel it can not be controlled, but it can be controlled.  Going to family dr.  to help with anxiety is like taking your car into a lube shop for transmission overhaul..some of the best people to help with anxiety is a master level social worker...
    hard to come by. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    Whats hard to come by? Help?  Yes, I would agree mental health services are hard to come by...but there are no shortage of master level social workers that can help.  Canadian Mental Health can get people into counselling and will often pay for so many sessions if the financial need is there.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Well the common ways to self help are cut out alcohol and drugs of any kind, eat healthy, rest well, excersise, mindfulness . All of which i believe most of us have tried. I know i do all of those. Ive stopped drinking for  a month so far again. 6 weeks last time and i walk ride swim . Eat home cooked fresh food everyday. . Its not one way cures all at all. This is all a good eay to live regardless but i can confirm  worse than i ver have been. And i am contemplating suicide with a sober straight mind. So as far as i can work out . It's great that some people find a way out through"hard work" but sometimes .. many times it does not equate to success. And I'm not being like i know everything or anything. I know a 20 year journey coming to an end. And not a healed. Coping end
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    In England all we have is a g.p they refer you on. To mental health services and when they have given all they can you go back to dr. Its ho2 our system works or doesn't. I saw a dr yesterday who said she was sorry about the state of the mental health situation. Its under funded and over worked.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Counselling NHS...

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/counselling/

In 2 seconds I found out how you can access free therapy paid by your health service.

If you are relying on your GP for your mental health ... you'll never get better.  GP's are just that, general practitioners...therapist special in helping you sort out your problems.

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Im not saying i can't get counselling at all. You are not listening.
     Im in counselling. Have had many kinds over 15 years infact ive probably been in more than out. I am worse than ever. Its not all about councelling at all is what ive learned. We have a thing called single point of access. Wherr we can refer ourselves . Which i have used in the past
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    These are talking therapies which are important in the first instance. But after that you have to change your life/lifestyle. But after that?
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515

Counselling NHS...

In 2 seconds I found out how you can access free therapy paid by your health service.

If you are relying on your GP for your mental health ... you'll never get better.  GP's are just that, general practitioners...therapist special in helping you sort out your problems.

You seem to be assuming that lastexitlondon is completely clueless and has never been to therapy, which is not the case.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    PJ_Soul said:

Counselling NHS...

You seem to be assuming that lastexitlondon is completely clueless and has never been to therapy, which is not the case.
    Thank you because im getting a little annoyed here. That link is to the nhs webpage. The dr is the nhs
    Post edited by lastexitlondon on
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    With all due respect we are all coming from different backgrounds . Countries. Life style. Parents. Many social situations . Its pretty ignorant to assume your success is the answer to other peoples . Although like i say i am very pleased if anyone finds their way. That includes every human
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Counselling NHS...

Thank you because im getting a little annoyed here. 
    Understandable - there is some serious condescension going on here.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Counselling NHS...

And typically im taking all this to heart like ive not done enough when i know exactly how much I've done. And i can guarantee its  20 years worth so if anyone is knowledgeable on this its me but i would never say so. Or be condescending
    Post edited by lastexitlondon on
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Counselling NHS...

my comments weren't directed at lastexit. he keeps talking about dementia, not anxiety. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Counselling NHS...

my comments weren't directed at lastexit. he keeps talking about dementia, not anxiety. 
    I understand. It was more meltdown saying about the dr
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Counselling NHS...

I wasn't talking about you at all!
  • Options
    Anyway lets move on. With helping eachother 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Kindness is always a winner
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Counselling NHS...

I wasn't sure. just clarifying. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    PJ_Soul said
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Counselling NHS...

Same . HFD has helped me understand a lot. Very constructively
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07