• Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,836
    nicknyr15 said:

Uhmm yummy nice meal! Onion rings? 
    Yea! Tempura battered. Phenomenal 
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,986
    nicknyr15 said:

Is that a make your own Sundae? Where was this place? Yum!
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,320
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

I got try to make Tempura batter I have a sushi book! Those have to be so tasty 😋 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:
    nicknyr15 said:

YES!!!! We had two scoops of espresso one vanilla one chocolate. 

Harry’s of NYC in the financial district. It’s incredible. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

I got try to make Tempura batter I have a sushi book! Those have to be so tasty 😋 
    Yea dude they were awesome. 
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,986
    edited March 3
    nicknyr15 said:
    GlowGirl said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Wow. Haven’t been there but it’s not too far from where I live. I will have to check it out. 
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    GlowGirl said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Wow. Haven’t been there but it’s not too far from where I live. I will have to check it out. 
    I’m not really a steakhouse guy but I love this place. My preference is always an old school Italian restaurant hahaha 
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,605
    That looks incredible. Love a good steakhouse night out 
  • Options
    Quite the unique order from the seafood guy this week

Shrimp
    uni
    oysters
    fresh squid ink linguini 
    otoro
    waygu ground beef 

About to make a squid ink linguini with uni butter 

• Options

Fuck me running 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,666
    I want all of that!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    I have traveled all over the world. No one, and I mean no one, does food like the Japanese. No offense Italy, Spain and France.
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,840

Fuck me running 

Uni all day
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,840
    Get_Right said:
    I have traveled all over the world. No one, and I mean no one, does food like the Japanese. No offense Italy, Spain and France.

I wouldn't disagree with that statement.
  • Options
    Get_Right said:
    Japan has been getting lot of their sea food from Chile see abalone so I’d have to disagree up to a point! I love they way they do their raw seafood but Chilean seafood is nothing to sneeze at 😊
  • Options
    It will probably be a while but Japan is very high on my list of places to go
  • Options
    Get_Right said:
    Japan has been getting lot of their sea food from Chile see abalone so I’d have to disagree up to a point! I love they way they do their raw seafood but Chilean seafood is nothing to sneeze at 😊

There many amazing places my friend.You can find great food everywhere. I hear Argentia has great beef.  That said, a great Izakaya, wagyu teppanyaki, or sushi omakase has always been at the top of my list. I am totally biased and I know it.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,666
    Me too.  My Pres just got back.  I need to be there!  
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,253
    I'm relying less on fresh herbs as they usually wilt before I use them. I'm having fun with spices, though. I put the following in my black bean soup. My soups are plant based: light, but not much depth. They added some interest, almost a second wave of flavor. 

There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    edited March 10
    Me too.  My Pres just got back.  I need to be there!  
    GO. Tsukiji is not what it was but go. Take Cliffy with you. Sapporo might be better than Tokyo.
    Post edited by Get_Right on
  • Options
    At some point, this is happening!
  • Options
    Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:

There many amazing places my friend.You can find great food everywhere. I hear Argentia has great beef.  That said, a great Izakaya, wagyu teppanyaki, or sushi omakase has always been at the top of my list. I am totally biased and I know it.
    No doubt I def want to get to Argentina for their beef and Peru for their Ceviche and off course Japan would be a dream trip ! 
  • Options
    Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:

No doubt I def want to get to Argentina for their beef and Peru for their Ceviche and off course Japan would be a dream trip ! 

I have a Peruvian friend. His ceviche is is out of hand good. It is not my favorite dish, but it is good.
  • Options
    HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,148

Homemade pesto and pan seared scallops 
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Options
    HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,148
    edited March 11
    Double post 
    Post edited by Hawkshore on
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,253
    Hawkshore said:

OMG! Yum!
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,525
    Hawkshore said:

Looks amazing. 
  • Options
    Hawkshore said:

Oh yeah that’s awesome! 
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    I was craving beets and had some, so I made a mock beet risotto last night. Mock because it is not the right rice, and there's no cheese in there. I added fried pork sausage at the end, as well as some sour cream. It hit the spot. I love cooking with beets, the color alone makes me happy.