Options

The Food Thread

Comments

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,087
    Loujoe said:
    Awesome. Ground pork?
    Yes, ground pork.
    Nice. I tried it with chunks of pork. Great, but I think I might like it better mixing beef and ground pork. Added tomatillos too. 
    Great ideas. 
    Thanks!
  • Options
    Loujoe said:

Starting mine (from a few pages back) Came out great put in tortillas. Could see it with ground meat and having chips/ cornbread with it. 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,734
    Beautiful stuff, folks!
    Making my dough for tomorrow's pies.   
    Just set up the sauce, letting it simmer on the stovetop for a while.  The house smells amazing. 

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,486
    Today might be a diner day. Blueberry pancakes, sausage and hashbrowns. Big nap and then NFL
  • Options
    And of course Chinese tomorrow LOL

• Options
    CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,306
    edited December 2023
    Loujoe said:
    Loujoe said:

Starting mine (from a few pages back) Came out great put in tortillas. Could see it with ground meat and having chips/ cornbread with it. 
    Nice! Looks awesome! Those tomatillos look great. Such a good flavor.
  • Options
    Yeah. That was a summer thing. May grow them this season. 
    Dry brined (generously with salt)a chicken last night. Spatchcocked. Rubbed it with butter, pepper, lemon and orange zest this morning. Will roast that on the grill later 
    Have a can of ancho chilies, onion, poblano peps. A yucca. 
    Was going to dump all on chicken. Then thought better to make a sauce to serve with it. I like the chicken simple.
    May add a can of chick peas. Have rice too.
    Fun times.

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,379
    Paella about to go into oven to finish cooking the chicken & clams lobster scallops and shrimp I also put chorizo! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Paella about to go into oven to finish cooking the chicken & clams lobster scallops and shrimp I also put chorizo! 
    Wow! That looks amazing! Our favorite restaurant at the beach is called Espana. They make killer paella, one of our favorite dishes!
  • Options
    Wow! That looks amazing! Our favorite restaurant at the beach is called Espana. They make killer paella, one of our favorite dishes!
    I need to get to Spain and really experience the cuisine! 
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Rice in Japan is a serious thing. We pick bags based on the location in Japan.There are few dishes like fried rice, garlic rice, dishes but mostly just white on the side. Cooked in a very expensive rice cooker.
  • Options
    Just came out of oven! I believe it’s done to perfection 
  • Options
    A+
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,632

• Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    Man, you'all eating good! We are hosting tomorrow, core family with about 10 people. Everybody brings something. There will be meatballs in grape and chili sauce, a big buffet with salad, pickles, cheeses, smoked meat and then turkey breast and ham with mashed potatoes. The smoked meats and some pickles I got from our local Polish market - that place is my food paradise and I always secretly hope I get locked in there over night. I would spend half the time in the butcher section and the other in the pickle room. I will also heat some of my homemade sauerkraut and some red cabbage I got from the Polish market as well as make some potato dumplings for myself (I got a mix for these at the Polish market too, easier to make and more foolproof than homemade). I like American food but when it comes to Christmas, the German in me craves certain things that nobody else in the family likes. So it's gonna be a nice big grazing board kind of thing. Looking forward to it.
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,100
    Everyone’s food looks delicious. Enjoy!! This Jewish girl is going to a friend’s for Xmas dinner tomorrow night. Not sure what she is making but it’s always good. I will post some photos. 
  • Options

Man, you'all eating good! We are hosting tomorrow, core family with about 10 people. Everybody brings something. There will be meatballs in grape and chili sauce, a big buffet with salad, pickles, cheeses, smoked meat and then turkey breast and ham with mashed potatoes. The smoked meats and some pickles I got from our local Polish market - that place is my food paradise and I always secretly hope I get locked in there over night. I would spend half the time in the butcher section and the other in the pickle room. I will also heat some of my homemade sauerkraut and some red cabbage I got from the Polish market as well as make some potato dumplings for myself (I got a mix for these at the Polish market too, easier to make and more foolproof than homemade). I like American food but when it comes to Christmas, the German in me craves certain things that nobody else in the family likes. So it's gonna be a nice big grazing board kind of thing. Looking forward to it.
    GlowGirl said:
    Everyone’s food looks delicious. Enjoy!! This Jewish girl is going to a friend’s for Xmas dinner tomorrow night. Not sure what she is making but it’s always good. I will post some photos. 
    Nice! Enjoy the feasts folks they all look & sound delicious I’ll in a food coma for the next two day 😋😋
  • Options

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,734
    Looks great - glad everyone is eating well.

In Laws' seafood lasagna was....ok.  better than I thought, but not great.

Pizzas were good today - should have taken pics after I cut them up and set them out, looked better.

Put a bunch in the freezer to enjoy at a later date.  

Gluten free white w/shrimp, spinach, and basil
    Half mushroom and basil, half pepp
    Cheese
    Meat and jalapeño (meat was salami and hot soprassata).  Ringed with cheddar.

Made the non GF all Sicilian style

• Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,100

Pizzas were good today - should have taken pics after I cut them up and set them out, looked better.

Cheese

Those look so good. This year I am going to try to make homemade pizza. If anyone has a good recipe for whole wheat crust let me know. 
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,414
    Looks like a lot of good eating over the past few days. Those pizzas.. I got really into homemade pizzas last winter. Going to have to give those ago again.
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    That pizza looks fabulous!
  • Options
    Thanks,  lots of good eating!
  • Options
    Epic fail on my grilled chicken. Can't all be winners. Was at or close to done temp. Like it extra well done so left it on longer. Ran out of propane when i wasn't looking & kind of gassed the chix. Burners on with no flame. Changed tank and resumed... it came out rubbery with bad taste. Also wouldn't recommend canned Chipotle peppers on it. 
    It was an experiment gone wrong.

My friend said ' maybe the dogs will like it'

No biggie but feel bad to waste potentially good food.
    Next time follow a recipe.

• Options
    Ha...maybe the dogs will like it!

I've tossed shit away before.  It happens!
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,389

Cheese

Nice. Did you use an Ooni for them?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Cheese

Nice. Did you use an Ooni for them?
    Thanks- I did not.  Put the Ooni in the garage for the winter and just used the oven.
    Would have been a lot faster had I used the ooni and gone with neopolitan.
  • Options
    This shall be a lovely evening 

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,389
    My motto has always been: You don't like garlic? Then get the fuck out. A couple people were not thrilled with my green beans. ha

Not the best pics as they were taking after the food had been sitting out for an hour or so. 

Leftovers!

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Daaaaaaaaaamn, boys