Options

The Food Thread

Comments

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,457
    Yeah that looks great.  I want to try the sauce!

A few more from tonight.

Son wanted Mac n cheese roll.  Lol.  It wasn't bad.  Not sushi, obviously,  but not bad

And this was the last round I made.  The sashimi was even better with these pieces.  Was like butter.

Awesome 👏 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,205
    Simple raviolis with home made tomato sauce from my garden! Fresh Italian bread and tomatoes with fresh mozzarella fresh basil also from my garden! So simple yet so much satisfaction 
    That looks delicious. What was the ravioli stuffed with?
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,659
    Yeah that looks incredible. Fresh!
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:
    Simple raviolis with home made tomato sauce from my garden! Fresh Italian bread and tomatoes with fresh mozzarella fresh basil also from my garden! So simple yet so much satisfaction 
    That looks delicious. What was the ravioli stuffed with?
    Yeah that looks incredible. Fresh!
    Cheese filled! We’ve had such a great tomato crop this summer made tomato sauce it’s so damn good! 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,802
    Some Toro Nachos.
    Fish, rice, jalapeños,  sprouts, avocado,  kewpie, and Sriracha over some good nachos.
    Strong lunch serving.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Fuuuuuuck

Hitting up the southeast Asian market in FDR this afternoon for some good eats 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,802
    I've been meaning to get there for a while, read an article a few weeks ago that reminded me of the need.
    Picking out some interesting shit?
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,205
    Some Toro Nachos.
    Fish, rice, jalapeños,  sprouts, avocado,  kewpie, and Sriracha over some good nachos.
    Strong lunch serving.

You are getting good use of that toro. While it all looks delicious, I don't eat raw fish. But I am sure you are enjoying it.

• Options
    I may take a small piece tonight and sear, for the wife.  I'm gonna eat the last of my raw stuff, in its natural glory!

• Options
    Atlantic salmon grilled on flat top seasoned lightly top it with fruit pepper jam glaze I gas to leave half without it daughter doesn’t like anything on her salmon 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Nice!  I have to cook some "plain" as well, for others in my household. 

Last visit with the tuna...jicima tacos.  I love jicima and using in place of tortillas is refreshing

• Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,847
    Some Toro just came in from Hawaii. 

Gonna fuck shit up the next 2-3 days.
    4 pieces but the larger two I separated for a better shot.

Holy crap.
    All the pics look great.
    That is a serious amount of Toro.
  • Options
    We made good use of it!
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,474
    BLTC

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Those tomatoes look glorious
  • Options
    Those tomatoes look glorious
    Farm near us, fucking delicious. Expensive though. 

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I've been meaning to get there for a while, read an article a few weeks ago that reminded me of the need.
    Picking out some interesting shit?
    It's awesome...tons of stuff. Tons of meat on sticks, everything from beef/chicken to chicken hearts and all...sausage...dumplings, papaya salads, bahn mi.  An adult smoothie stand.

Planning on getting down there in the fall again and setting up some chairs and picnic near by...drinks..then hop over and get food.
  • Options
    Need to do this, soon.
  • Options
    This is my new diet now

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,258
    This is heaven to me. Nothing like pasta and tomato sauce. Yum. Yum. Yum.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,258
    Loujoe said:

The three pictures tell a nice story.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    There’s a fall feel in the air today I’m home took the day off! Slow cooker pork shoulder & pan of chili turkey meat 
  • Options
    I'll have seconds, please
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,235
    Details on that pork please. Thinking...season and just drop in there? Broth or a little water? 
  • Options
    Loujoe said:
    Details on that pork please. Thinking...season and just drop in there? Broth or a little water? 
    Yeah just season but no water and a good amount of jelly peppers jam it makes it’s own juices as you can see 
  • Options
    Alright! I did a pork roast with a couple jars of homemade peach pepper jam...Great minds think alike.

I have blackberry jam. That plus some hot peps...hmmmmm
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,847
    My wife did a short term private nursing gig on an estate in northern Scotland. They hunt the deer on their land and the estate chef gave her a few pieces of venison to fly back with as well as some Haggis.

I made a red wine and blueberry sauce for it.
    Haggis is at top of venison. I've never had it before, it was top notch 
  • Options
    Loujoe said:
    Alright! I did a pork roast with a couple jars of homemade peach pepper jam...Great minds think alike.

I have blackberry jam. That plus some hot peps...hmmmmm
    Nice! Yeah you can use just about any jams 
  • Options
    Damn that looks absolutely gorgeous I bet it tasted so good! 
  • Options
    Wow. Very cool and awesome prep. Friend hooked me up with venison once. I'm the only one that would eat it in my house. Just made into medallions, seasoned up, splash of balsamic and oil. Let sit in fridge maybe overnight. Quick cook on an iron skillet. Fantastic. Clean flavor. I guess that's from the low fat content. So good.